Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG (35780 Views)

For Unemployed Graduates ONLY / What Unemployed Graduates Pass Through In Nigeria / Senate President Gives 2face Ferrari But Rejected A Bill To Pay Unemployed Grad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by tomakint: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki: 25'k.... grin

That na recharge card money na!!
...still better than nothing aboki mana undecided
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by JECBOSS: 11:46am On Nov 19, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan
Postpones Budget Presentation Again
https://www.nairaland.com/1523408/breaking-news-jonathan-postpones-budget
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by nairaman66(m): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2013
enigmang:

Senseless post!!! Did you even read the post at all?? It's an internship: if the graduates prove themselves they can be retained by said coys

Shaaarappp!! Is it not the same scheme as the NYSC?? Retained ke, retainee ni
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 19, 2013
The armed forces, the police and other paramilitary forces have low manpower, while we have millions of unemployed, able-bodied young people?
Why not enlist the willing individuals into the military and paramilitary

Abi are the unemployed not willing to risk their lives for their country ni? grin
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 11:49am On Nov 19, 2013
tomakint:
...still better than nothing aboki mana undecided

Chairman.. grin I salute you!!

Bros I can never gree!! Omo wetin I use eye see as a corper, I no go wish am on anybody. My company paid me 15'k. Plus NYSC 9'5. Ye I still see crase. Then dem come ban bikes for town, Transport immediately multiply by 4.

Hommie do the maths. Divide 25 by 30 days to understand how much a Graduate is supposed to live on daily.. No na... Human being no be Nama. Even some dogs dey chop pass 800 Naira food a day with Pedigree & Jojo dog food.. grin

I feel insulted!

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Nauttyprof(m): 11:52am On Nov 19, 2013
theoctopus:

It is not the job of government to create jobs. Government's job is to create the enabling environment for companies to thrive

Please ,that's a wrong view you are trying to sell to all. The duty of our government is to both create an enabling environment fit for investors to operate in and also create jobs for the masses.

The present situation faced by our country, Nigeria is one where our government shift responsiblities to private bodies, Nitel, Nepa, even water corporation (to an extent) are dead all thanks to our government which in a way has resulted to loss of job. My question is what then does the government stand to offer the masses?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by JimloveTM(m): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2013
GSKing:
WTF does this mean? It's nobody's fault if you are a broke azzs! 25k is peanut Mr man!

so dey shud pay hundreds of thousnds per grad abi? do u knw wt the consequences will be.. alot of pppl working will leave jobs, just to be able to fight to get the big money...thereby causing competition for the already unemployed... think b4 commenting
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by patriki(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2013
theoctopus:

It is not the job of government to create jobs. Government's job is to create the enabling environment for companies to thrive

Let they create them Na, shoo....
No light, Little or no security, Bad road, No trust towards government.......
Pls
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by barrybanbi: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2013
their fada .. Na today? another avenue for greed bastard @ d top
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Tmany(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
this is just waste of funds so the government is saying there are no other means to empower graduate with #15 billion naira.
Agriculture is there even if the 15 billion is used to increase the number of winner of the YouWIN programme its better.
A better reform of the nysc programme is better than this shit waste of money.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Iaz93: 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
jericco1: it's half bread is better than no bread
Noted. Thanks.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki: Dear Jonathan

Please channel that 15Billion Naira straight into the Power sector.. LET THERE BE LIGHT...

When there is light, start properly implementing Business friendly incentives.. example;

- Businesses that are related to Agriculture would get tax exemption for 2years or even three..
- Businesses that are into fabrication, production and manufacturing get certain tax exemption for the first X number of years and should their employee stranght exceed certain bench marks, they get some sort of tax relief..

e.t.c..

We have intellectuals in Nigeria.. Gather them and let them figure out these deals.. Rather than give Tax & Duty waivers to companies like Coscharis to import 300 cars for itself, give it to a new indigenous company.

Local content can be done better.. For example every expartraite that is employed into Nigeria, 2 Local Nigerian Graduates must be employed to understudy that expatriate until he leaves... angry The job I work Today was because I understudied my Oyinbo boss for 1 year. Today, I have his Job title and responsibilities by a stroke of luck that saw him leave and gave me the chance to shine.. But I have not seen another case like mine since I came in. Rather, we keep recycling Oyinbos around and the government keeps taking 1% of their salaries as Local Content levy.. Utter nonsense..

I no go school on credit.. 25'K per month na rubbish!! Anybody wey e vex, go hug transformer.. Me I don speak my mind and I go still speak more..
Very well put. While I don't fault the scheme in its entirety, I must say that the real problem in Nigeria has never been for lack of schemes and ideas, it is always about implementation. Nigerians in Nigeria don't love Nigerians, its that simple. We would always find a way to abuse the scheme, turn it around, manipulate it for selfish gains. If truly the scheme will be followed and the aims on paper adhered to, it could turn round to be something worthwhile, even if it won't solve the entire problem.

Imagine your story here about local content, instead of focusing on developing individuals, levy is being collected, because someone somewhere would rather feed his pocket fat, than let others benefit from the true purpose of the idea.

So again the problem is not even in whatever scheme that comes up, the real problem is in implementation. Every scheme known to man will not work in Nigeria, even if they have proven to be accepted good practices elsewhere, because certain elements (fellow Nigerians) will hijack the whole process and turn it into money making ventures. The system is twisted, so is any scheme that comes from the system. Me thinks Nigeria's problem goes beyond schemes, its more of an attitude overhaul, strong and stringent laws, plus leaders with integrity, otherwise we are wasting our time. The only time you see Nigerians concerned about another person is when there is a tragedy, like plane crashes, and bomb blasts, then we become hypocritical sympathizers, and after then it is back to stealing as usual. Planes are crashing and someone is being embroiled in a N225M naira scam or whatever it is they call it these days. Until Nigerians realize that they are their own worst enemies, and change accordingly, no amount of schemes, ideas, or whatever, will change Nada.

The politicians will sneak in their friends and relatives, the companies will take advantage of the graduates, the foolish graduates will also be giving bribes and sleeping around to get picked, and you wonder why the scheme will not work. We abuse everything and everyone in this country, then we cry foul against the government, then am forced to ask "is the government a piece of hardware like a supercomputer or are they not the same humans?"

Sorry I have to digress from the topic a lot, if your ideas and that of others will work, what we need is integrity, without it no scheme will survive, no matter how noble or fantastic it was meant to be, NIGERIANS WILL ABUSE IT ALL THE SAME.

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Oludrex(m): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
ceejay80s:

Wetín be 25k?
If i stand for road by 10pm wìth on pants on, fîne gírls wìth nice ride carry me go for 50k per night
I can see why you are unemployed
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by born2boink(m): 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki: 25'k.... grin

That na recharge card money na!!
ur father left nyansh, even if you bi yahoo yahoo boys,, you go suffer before you get maga now adays except you want use your dick do ritual abi your papa dey among those steal nigeria money
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
born2fuck: ur father left nyansh, even if you bi yahoo yahoo boys,, you go suffer before you get maga now adays except you want use your dick do ritual abi your papa dey among those steal nigeria money

If I be yahoo boy, make e no better for me or my children. angry

I no be thief oga.. I dey go work like every other Nigerian. I no dey work for government either nor my Papa either..

Plus, why must every Nigerian wey dey chop small bread be a thief or in government?! Na so una dey reason?! grin

So person no fit tear for Naije without being a thief or Politician?!

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Hahahahaaa

Between my 3 phone lines and my Ipad.. grin Nwokem.. My monthly phone bill fit blow your mind... grin

No use people persona on Nairaland judge them o!!

My roomate in school has monthly phone bill alocation of 25k and internet bill allocation of 10k at his current job and it is an entryy level position. I am unemployed tho
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by kado(m): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ehen!

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by henrizzle(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
wckabuoh: Obviously another scam!! Another offfice opened for another criminal to loot!!
my brother is real. Am a living withness. I got employed last 3 months under sure-p GIS and they have paid me for two months. Am expecting another one next month. The program is based on random selection, all u need to do is register with them through their website. If you are lucky, u will be selected.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
And I had applied for this scheme over a year ago,

I studies EEE with a 2.1, I have not even received a missed call from them ,let alone a place to work under the scheme.

To me? This is a scam! Use the money to setup a scholarship fund make I go do my Msc in Process systems engineering make my story change jare

25 k like Oga Aboki talk is absolute bullshit,unless the company they inside your village

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by henrizzle(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
wckabuoh: Obviously another scam!! Another offfice opened for another criminal to loot!!
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by dazzy4real(m): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
25k here is not the issue, the main issue is let them be retained..
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by kado(m): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2013

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
henrizzle: my brother is real. Am a living withness. I got employed last 3 months under sure-p GIS and they have paid me for two months. Am expecting another one next month. The program is based on random selection, all u need to do is register with them through their website. If you are lucky, u will be selected.

You see the incompetence in the system,why should it be random? Why not on a first come first serve basis?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Kinterez(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hmmmmm...im sooo unemployed...hw do u apply,,,,,,No time...25k na somtyn..
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
dazzy4real: 25k here is not the issue, the main issue is let them be retained..

25'k is the issue o!!

You cant pay a graduate 25'k.. angry

No Nigerian should be living on 25'k a month. Its just not right.

Retrained?! Why?! Are you questioning their initial training?! You make it sound like this is a favour that the government is giving to graduates. Okay!! Imagine that one of the beneficiacires happens to be you. And you have to move from Ibadan to Lagos for 1 year.. No house, no car, no relative.. How will you survive on 25'k (850 naira per day)..

25'k is the issue.. Infact, the companies should also offer these graduates Healthcare + Workmans compensation Insurance (as required by Law).
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by FBICIA(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
This programe has been on for a while but around july that I went to their office in oshogbo, they told us " government aren't paying anymore", that its just a waste of time though " we aren't meant to say this"
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by born2boink(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki:

If I be yahoo boy, make e no better for me or my children. angry

I no be thief oga.. I dey go work like every other Nigerian. I no dey work for government either nor my Papa either..

Plus, why must every Nigerian wey dey chop small bread be a thief or in government?! Na so una dey reason?! grin

So person no fit tear for Naije without being a thief or Politician?!

That remind me of aboki shine my shoe song. Carry Go.

Must aboki I know are shoe maker, boko haram sponsors, government thief , bureau de change or maruwa. For you to chop money without doing any of those, kudos to you.

Abeg, how you fit help me arrange hausa babe between 21_23 years, clean and coded. PM me.....nothing cocern me with people paying monthly again, I no our goverment selfish, if our goverment pay that money, walahi, rapture go happen
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by richeyy(m): 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki:

25'k is Nothing!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Infact.. its shiit.. Atleast 1500 naira a day.. so by the time 500 goes on transport, 500 goes on food, the guy still has 500 naira left to attend to miscellenous bills and responsibilities..

45000 naira = 1500 per day.
25,000 naira = 850 per day.

Plus, this scheme sounds like another NYSC scheme.. No real susbstance to it.

Agreed 25k is nothing but would you rather they stay home earning nothing and wasting away?Fresh graduates shouldn't be after the money, they should seek for industry experiences. When I finished my NYSC, I prayed to God not to be idle and God answered my prayers. I got a graduate job and was paid 25k. The paltry sum didn't discourage me cos I was enjoying and gaining industry experiences; in fact, I likened my stay here as my 2nd IT. Spent 2 months and got another graduate job that was paying twice the amount and the list goes on... Now, my career (and pocket) is geometrically progressing.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by MrAboki: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
born2fuck:

That remind me of aboki shine my shoe song. Carry Go.

Must aboki I know are shoe maker, boko haram sponsors, government thief , bureau de change or maruwa. For you to chop money without doing any of those, kudos to you.

Abeg, how you fit help me arrange hausa babe between 21_23 years, clean and coded. PM me.....nothing cocern me with people paying monthly again, I no our goverment selfish, if our goverment pay that money, walahi, rapture go happen

Lol @ Rapture..

Make Government pay our senators 25'k per month... angry Afterall, many of them no be graduate, can barely speak proper english talkless of write, have fake degrees (Remember Salisu the Toronto graduate), e.t.c..

Make them pay them 25'k..

On the 21 yr old girl matter.. All Hausa babes over the age of 3 don marry or them don book her.. Na from under 3 still dey market.. grin[/b]
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by dazzy4real(m): 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki:

25'k is the issue o!!

You cant pay a graduate 25'k.. angry

No Nigerian should be living on 25'k a month. Its just not right.

Retrained?! Why?! Are you questioning their initial training?! You make it sound like this is a favour that the government is giving to graduates. Okay!! Imagine that one of the beneficiacires happens to be you. And you have to move from Ibadan to Lagos for 1 year.. No house, no car, no relative.. How will you survive on 25'k (850 naira per day)..

25'k is the issue.. Infact, the companies should also offer these graduates Healthcare + Workmans compensation Insurance (as required by Law).

to you 25k might not mean anything, but to some others they are willing to start up with it. meaning they have hope, u see at times i believe in life we have to make sacrifice to get what we want dont look at the now! look at what u will gain in the future, xperience here is the key. thou am totally on the same page with u, but i still believe is a good start we only hope and pray it will not b hijacked n that it will continue to improve..

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Sagamite(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
sCun: If there is no job, there is no job. All this talk about trying to help them get experience is bull.

person, have you thought about the self-employment angle and the increased productivity (leading to more jobs) associated with such a scheme if managed well?

Cretinous product of a failed education system, try to shut up and stop talking until you can develop your brain.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by born2boink(m): 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
This Aboki guy never know anything, graduate for mowe ibafo dey do teacher 10k monthly and non graduate still dey do 3k monthly except those wey get job for over crowded lagos, I never see this kind for my life before, person wey waka far go see squirrel wey get hunchback...... I just pity nigerian future.....immediately I see dis, dem no tell me before I carry money open shop fast fast make money no go finish on my way of fucking ashawo toto, I never suffer for over 10 yrs now and sufferers fit make me commit suicide. Dis 25 k simply eradicated poverty but poor will remain. Poverty na great time diseases..... Na only Lagos better Job dey, my rent apartment kukuma never due for lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pwc Graduate Recruitment - 2023 / National Task Force Screening Exercise / ICPC Recruitment Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.