Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG (35796 Views)

For Unemployed Graduates ONLY / What Unemployed Graduates Pass Through In Nigeria / Senate President Gives 2face Ferrari But Rejected A Bill To Pay Unemployed Grad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by emorse(m): 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
dan jalingo:

for example? the leaders that destroyed this country in the past 40yrs, took favourable decisions that still affect us?
*confused*
just incase u didn't get my point. Our past leaders took decisions and we sat back without questioning them. Thats what has led ur 2 where we are today.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Fishout(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mubby4luv: Government approved 15 billion for 50,000 unemployed, according to my maths iv the money is successful divided to the 50000 youths it will be =#1,250,000,000 .so my question is ho gets the remaining money.
Multiply ur answer by 12,month nd it will give u 15billion
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by born2boink(m): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
If paying 25,000 k monthly won't stop them from getting job and won't deny them opportunities in future, at least for pocket money until things get better for them, nothing wrong with that.....our government don't want to pay this money before, they prefer embezzlement. Now that they have even make it up to the news, being it rumour or truth, even if it just 5k monthly, better collect from our government rather than nothing, with 25k, ...
Half bag of rice
Garri.
Semo
Kerosene and grind pepper, one bottle of groundnut to soak garri whenever the 25k finish before the end of the month. It prepare them better to get a good job, starvation ddon dey kill our graduate nowadays

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by dammyeve: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
Vivly: Ok, cheesy cheesy I'm currently unemployed. How do I apply?
dats anoder way our money will be frauded, I don't say Gej is d 1 to swallow it, he need to choose wisely who he's working with, dey are siphoning huge sum of money from him, though he's not d 1st
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by sCun: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sagamite:

person, have you thought about the self-employment angle and the increased productivity (leading to more jobs) associated with such a scheme if managed well?

Cretinous product of a failed education system, try to shut up and stop talking until you can develop your brain.
You are a scumbag.
Everything about the scheme is geared towards helping them improve their chances of securing jobs.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by eminex(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
Vivly: Ok, cheesy cheesy I'm currently unemployed. How do I apply?

Send your CVs to me. grin
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by psucc(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
From 20k to 25k, ok. For over a year since I register but how many of the over 80k people that have registered have they called or placed? I'm beginning to feel this programme had been given the Nigerian treat.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by willibounce: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
taharqa: Much as I am not Personally such a big fan of these kinds of 'Employment Schemes', I wud like to strongly urge those people who are unemployed to run at this opportunity, hard. Plz, DO NOT listen to d Useless musings of d many Bitter persons on NL urging you otherwise. That was how these same Bitter Souls railed against YOUWin when it came out, which made lots of persons to miss out on d program initiali. Today, after 3 batches, that program has not only been EXCELLENT (in almost every way), but has recorded almost Complete Success all round!!..... Plus, this is obviously not a scam. An Active thread is currently on in d Jobs Session where people who hv already been taken discuss related issues almost on a daily basis. So be Wise, for yourself...

You are not ok sir. Stop lying please.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by willibounce: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
bobod: I'm surprised at the attitude of some people on this platform. This initiative should be lauded. It is the first of its kind in Nigeria. Probably in west Africa.
This type of welfare scheme is what the western world provides for her citizens. It is a stipend but in advanced countries helps to keep youths from crimes and other vices. That's why most people want visas(welfare till you find your feet). The money is usually very small. Real work must be seen to pay better.
However this is a fantastic initiative, I did not know it will start with 20k. Infact I was of the opinion that so as to include all unemployed youth (non graduates and illiterates can be unemployed too): the money can be 7.5k. If you get a job placement , it should be contributory. Employers 7.5k and government say 10k.
Though small it will reduce vices. We should give an opportunity to work. It works in other countries. It could transform Nigeria

Something is wrong with ur brain sir. Which vices will it reduces? I know u are one of them thieving political bass.tards
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by willibounce: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Nwokem... Shattap!! angry

[b]25'k for a graduate is crap without some form of support from the host companies in terms of accomodation & transport logistics..

All I said was that 25'k is small and you turn around and attack me. Just because a person is struggling does not mean you should take advantage of them. 25'k for our graduates is a joke. Even I will not work for any entity for less than a certain amount a month. And NO! I dont work for the government, neither do I have parents, uncles or whatever that work for the government. Infact, I hate the fact that I have to pay my Taxes to this government sef because they have done nothing for me..

Even some Maiguards, housegirls and drivers now earn more than 25'k per month.. angry As a corper, I was earning about 25'k culmulative monthly and God knows it was hell. And if you are too slow to reason, let me help you;

25'thousand divided by 30days = 833 Naira per day!! Barely 5 US Dollars a day!!

So a Nigerian Graduate is only worth this?!

I will gladly pay A sound Graudate this 25'k per month with bonuses and perks to work for me as my P.A. angry

No wonder illiterate Politicans dey chop our money... . angry[/b]

That octopus man is a baast.ard tht will die a painful death. 25k for graduates while militants are earning 60k. All these govt errand boys will do anything for crumbs they get. The craz.Y man knows none of his children will be involved. Ekwensu!
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
I HATE YAHWEH,; I'l rather go to hell than love him
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Revolva(m): 11:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
grin grin grin hey what of us wey never get kpali nkor....hope say the 25k no be dagbo
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by digitalsimboja: 5:17am On Nov 20, 2013
25k is a peanut. Again,those on Nysc,are they nt a good collection of graduates. Why add the money to corpers allowee pay them 40k,and attach them to companies,instead of teln us dat afta wasting 1yr,we stl nd internship again. Japan teaches calculus to primary pupils so dat he cn b useful 2d nation earlier in life,nt afta clocking 30yrs collecting peanuts. An avenue to embezzle. Just, infact,ask urself wt u cn use 25k for as a graduate,imagine ur colleagues abroad who are doing meaningful tns afta graduatn. SAY ALLOWEE Z NT MY PORTION
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by niggi4life(m): 7:28am On Nov 20, 2013
NYSC part2
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by neldee(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2013
Hw wil d so called graduates be contacted n selected? I sure knw there ar more than 50,000 unemployed graduates... Its not a mata of statement, its time for action... No b Naija we deh? Na 2day we begin hear dis kin story?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by joyidarauko: 9:24am On Nov 20, 2013
Yes it is real my company apply and there are working for us that money the pay them is NOT salary Note : its is call Stipend and it is good for the company, it help the company not to have much expenses
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by joyidarauko: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2013
The web site is www.wyesurep.gov.ng you much have your NYSC discharge certificate and you must have all you original credentials ... My Company is in UYO , AKwa ibom state we have 5 of them working in our company presently .. Please pals here don't post those words am seeing here cause its not proper half bread is better than none , nor stealing
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Polio: 10:52am On Nov 20, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Hahahahaaa

Between my 3 phone lines and my Ipad.. grin Nwokem.. My monthly phone bill fit blow your mind... grin

No use people persona on Nairaland judge them o!!

You are a dunce .. absolute dunce

3 phone lines and an ipad? i bet you dont have more than one phone!

People like you are the ones who wallow in abject poverty, you come onto a faceless forum and come and spew rubbish

Foooooool!

If you dont understand the benefits of the programme and you dont understand what this means to the average unemployed graduate outhere, then you are one insensitive fuc....ktard who deserves to be whipped seriously!

Unemployment might be rife in the country but ask any graduate, will you rather sit at home and do fu..ck all, or earn a little stipend and get some work experience?

Nowadays, in developed countries, some graduates work for free or volunteer to give themselve a better chance .... Idio.ts like you dont see beyond the norm!

The Sure-P concept i implore you to research well and think about the bigger picture.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by dotune(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2013
Na wah oo, 50,000 graduates only to benefit. What happens to the millions not benefiting FG needs creative people who can solve the problem of unemployment once and for all so that only 50,000 graduates won't be feeling like they are better off the rest.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by teemoney35(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
its a good initiatives, i apply and i was contacted by uba to kom for a chat, dere sure p is paying 25k while uba is paying 25k dat make 50k i thinks its a good deal if not hijacked by fraudulent pple and they should pay the stipend intime.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by badesco(m): 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
The sure p money should not be meant for graduates alone but for every unemployed person in Nigeria.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by castello: 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
joyidarauko: Yes it is real my company apply and there are working for us that money the pay them is NOT salary Note : its is call Stipend and it is good for the company, it help the company not to have much expenses
please what is the procedure for applying. I am highly interested in this. Are there conditions to be met?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by obillyj(f): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
katechris: How will the unemployed graduates be contacted is the question.

You go to SURE-P site and register. when they find an employer for you, you will be contacted by SURE-P and d company. verification form and acct opening form will be sent to you by SURE-P.
d employer will contact you for interview n start up date etc.
i applied in late Aug, 2013 n by Sept i already have an employer. started mine on 1st Nov.2013.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Jamji: 11:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
teemoney35: its a good initiatives, i apply and i was contacted by uba to kom for a chat, dere sure p is paying 25k while uba is paying 25k dat make 50k i thinks its a good deal if not hijacked by fraudulent pple and they should pay the stipend intime.

this one na graduato gbagaun shocked
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Sagamite(m): 11:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
sCun: You are a scumbag.
Everything about the scheme is geared towards helping them improve their chances of securing jobs.

You are a person!

And I put it to your dumbself, have you thought about the self-employment angle and the increased productivity (leading to more jobs) associated with such a scheme if managed well?

Have you ever heard of "indirect impacts"?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by psucc(m): 6:35am On Nov 21, 2013
Why is it that people who registered in 2012 are not call-up(NYSC stuff) but are having "no opportunity matches yet"?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by sCun: 7:00am On Nov 21, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

And I put it to your dumbself, have you thought about the self-employment angle and the increased productivity (leading to more jobs) associated with such a scheme if managed well?

Have you ever heard of "indirect impacts"?
Indirect impacts my arsè! Where would the funds for the self-employment ventures come from, the 25 k? Or did you see anywhere they promised them access to loans after the scheme?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Sagamite(m): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2013
sCun: Indirect impacts my arsè! Where would the funds for the self-employment ventures come from, the 25 k? Or did you see anywhere they promised them access to loans after the scheme?

You are a person!

What makes you think they cannot save from N25K to set up a self-employment venture?

There is no access to a loan?

Have you heard of this things they call banks before?

Have you heard of what they call family and friends?

Have you even heard of the government scheme called YouWiN?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by sCun: 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

What makes you think they cannot save from N25K to set up a self-employment venture?

There is no access to a loan?

Have you heard of this things they call banks before?

Have you heard of what they call family and friends?

Have you even heard of the government scheme called YouWiN?

You are a scumbag!
We are talking about the same graduates that couldn't save from the 20k they earned as youth corp members. Some of them probably served in places with lower cost of living than where they are now, they probably got free accomodation and gifts in form of food stuffs and properties from their hosts then.
Do you think banks give out loans just like that?
Are those family members and friends supposed to suddenly fall from heaven after the scheme? Where have they been?
YouWIN isn't the topic of our discussion.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
sCun:
You are a scumbag!
We are talking about the same graduates that couldn't save from the 20k they earned as youth corp members. Some of them probably served in places with lower cost of living than where they are now, they probably got free accomodation and gifts in form of food stuffs and properties from their hosts then.
Do you think banks give out loans just like that?
Are those family members and friends supposed to suddenly fall from heaven after the scheme? Where have they been?
YouWIN isn't the topic of our discussion.

You are a person!

And what makes you think many could not save at NYSC?

Are many still not living at home with their parents now?

You think banks wouldn't give loans in a society pregnant with opportunities because of colossal public failures if people come up with good business plans?

How many young Nigerians ever bother to put a business proposal to family members and demonstrate willingness to execute it?

You are a person? Is YouWiN not aimed at the same demography?

I thought you moronically said youths don't have access to funds? You were too dumb to think comprehensively about how funds are raised?
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by sCun: 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

And what makes you think many could not save at NYSC?

Are many still not living at home with their parents now?

You think banks wouldn't give loans in a society pregnant with opportunities because of colossal public failures if people come up with good business plans?

How many young Nigerians ever bother to put a business proposal to family members and demonstrate willingness to execute it?

You are a person? Is YouWiN not aimed at the same demography?

I thought you moronically said youths don't have access to funds? You were too dumb to think comprehensively about how funds are raised?
You are a scumbag!
Why didn't they use the money they saved during NYSC to for the self-employment ventures? Are you saying they need more money from this scheme or what?
What has been holding them from presenting ''good business plans'' to banks since?
How will this scheme change that?
What stopped them from presenting good business proposals to their families since they graduated?
What will this scheme change?
My point still remains that the government should intensify its actions in addressing the infrastructural issues that has slowed down the creation of new jobs, this scheme doesn't change anything.
They can simply start a ''benefit scheme'' like what we see in some other countries and call it just that, instead of deceiving themselves.
Re: SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG by Sagamite(m): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
sCun: You are a scumbag!
Why didn't they use the money they saved during NYSC to for the self-employment ventures? Are you saying they need more money from this scheme or what?
What has been holding them from presenting ''good business plans'' to banks since?
How will this scheme change that?
What stopped them from presenting good business proposals to their families since they graduated?
What will this scheme change?

You are a person!

The whole point is that this is a scheme that would train them on the world of work. It might indirectly improve their understanding of business and their productivity.

The kind of understanding of business and up-skilling that could lead to improved ability of writing business plans.

That is the possible difference.

You are too daft to grasp that little wider thinking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

National Task Force Screening Exercise / The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! / ICPC Recruitment Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.