Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? (3254 Views)

10 Disgusting Things Girls Do When A Guy Says I Dont Have Money To Give You / How Many Girlfriends Can A Nigerian Guy Have (Men Replied) / Things To Do With Your Girlfriend When You Don't Have Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Blackteeth(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Most opinions I have heard are passing the same message: YOU MUST HAVE MONEY TO DATE OR GET A GIRL. This is clearly the general thought of most Nigerians. Definitely its a Nigerian mentality. But I have to ask, why is it necessary to be rich just to date a girl in Nigeria? When it comes to marriage I agree there has to be money mainly because of CHILDREN. But talking of dating, what a hell do we need all that money for? If you love each other so great you do not need to spend money going to expensive restaurants and cinemas to spice up the relationship to create happiness. Just his or her presence with you alone will be enough to give you full happiness. Most relationships are built on fake love so there is no natural happiness, in this case money and sex will be used to create that happiness artificially.
Am not suprised its about a country called Nigeria where almost everything sucks. Underdeveloped infrastructures, underdeveloped education, UNDERDEVELOPED ROMANCE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by badmeat(m): 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
Dude wake up to reality!women don't understand ur flow until it come with the dough!grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Blackteeth(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
bad meat: Dude wake up to reality!women don't understand ur flow until it come with the dough!grin

Then I would watch how every lady will hook up with a rich guy.

1 Like

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
What did the girl use in keeping up that beauty for you to get attracted to her
Let's not deceive ourselves the gospel truth is 3things are involved to make a woman stick with you.1. money 2. Se.x 3. Security

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
aaronson: What did the girl use in keeping up that beauty for you to get attracted to her
Let's not deceive ourselves the gospel truth is 3things are involved to make a woman stick with you.1. money 2. Se.x 3. Security
Dude, wat do u mean by dat? are u trying to tell us dat a lady must rely on men to make a living? If dat is de case, why re dose feminists protesting about equality.

1 Like

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Blackteeth(m): 1:31am On Nov 20, 2013
aaronson: What did the girl use in keeping up that beauty for you to get attracted to her

What sort of silly thought is that? A relationship is a means of survival for ladies? Why can't they say so openly and stop pretending its about love and understanding.
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by hotwax: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2013
I love this thread. Some feminists will now be saying rubbish.
They even opened a thread on how Beautiful girls should go to top class men. It means beautiful girls should sell their beauty for money.
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Blackteeth(m): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2013
When a serious question is asked posters avoid it. I expected a challenge but none seems to be coming.
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Iaz93: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2013
....another wahala topic! undecided

Most ladies are just superficial and materialistic.

LMAO@ underdeveloped romance! gringrin
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Cabsso(m): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2013
ekenedegreat: Dude, wat do u mean by dat? are u trying to tell us dat a lady must rely on men to make a living? If dat is de case, why re dose feminists protesting about equality.
Young man d earlier u luk for moni d beta for u all dis u r sayin r grammers.

6 Likes

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Cabsso(m): 11:25am On Nov 20, 2013
Blackteeth:
What sort of silly thought is that? A relationship is a means of survival for ladies? Why can't they say so openly and stop pretending its about love and understanding.
So u tink try competin wit a rich guy nd c if u wil get d gal.

1 Like

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Blackteeth(m): 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
Cabsso:
So u tink try competin wit a rich guy nd c if u wil get d gal.

That is IF she has an option to choose between the two. But let me ask, what would a lady do if no rich guy comes her way? She would prefer to die single right?
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by yemmit90: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
Blackteeth:

Cam down man! We're Africans, men are always expected to do the chase and take care of their women. On this basis, it's fundamental trait of every African woman to seek for security/protection in their prospective partners. Therefore, modern security = MONEY and POWER.

So, get money/power or remain there dey complain. The choice is yours!

5 Likes

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by EejaNla01(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
Op,relationship is not suppose to be Money this money that,it is exactly what u thought it should be.however,if we are to face reality of what's going on here in naija,its better a man get the money and later choose the type of lady he wish to date/marry,if you are waiting that she ill love you cos of your grammer,you go wait till your pubic hair turns grey,only few of them check personality.
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by scribble: 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dog eat dog world

1 Like

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by ireneidiva(f): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2013
I hate such topics, when you meet cheap ,local, poor, students, how wont they ask you for money. Which hot working class girl did u date that asked you for bis? Or do you want ladies to create a thread on how their bf's beg them for money? Trust me, that has happned many times. Date reasonable girls abeg. And to answer your question, no you dont need money to date, dont take her out, dont buy her anytn. Dats your biz. Mtchew
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by 190: 9:04am On Nov 21, 2013
^as if you're hot yourself
keep pretending even your last pink and blue bra nor be man buy am for you

angry
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by JuicyGee(f): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2013
@Op. I was coming wif Full man squad to attack you, but wen i read ur topic nd saw hw much sense it made, my liver fail me.. Most girls wana live lyk de chicks dey see on tv, looking all fly, fabulous, sophisticated. dats why dey try 2 date a guy wif mulla so dey can buy watever dey wnt, use trendy fone, shoes, hair, pheww! De list goes on..
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by 190: 9:09am On Nov 21, 2013
JuicyGee: @Op. I was coming wif Full man squad to attack you, but wen i read ur topic nd saw hw much sense it made, my liver fail me.. Most girls wana live lyk de chicks dey see on tv, looking all fly, fabulous, sophisticated. dats why dey try 2 date a guy wif mulla so dey can buy watever dey wnt, use trendy fone, shoes, hair, pheww! De list goes on..

and at the end of the day how many of them can even afford a samsung galaxy fone

none angry

1 Like

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Blackteeth(m): 9:42am On Nov 21, 2013
Eeja Nla01: Op,relationship is not suppose to be Money this money that,it is exactly what u thought it should be.however,if we are to face reality of what's going on here in naija,its better a man get the money and later choose the type of lady he wish to date/marry,if you are waiting that she ill love you cos of your grammer,you go wait till your pubic hair turns grey,only few of them check personality.
yemmit90:

Cam down man! We're Africans, men are always expected to do the chase and take care of their women. On this basis, it's fundamental trait of every African woman to seek for security/protection in their prospective partners. Therefore, modern security = MONEY and POWER.

So, get money/power or remain there dey complain. The choice is yours!

smh. Its amazing how the same guys who accuse girls of materialsm are the ones encouraging them. Please let me ask you this: How would you feel when you are already in a relationship with a girl then she dumps you for another guy richer than you?
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by ireneidiva(f): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2013
190: ^as if you're hot yourself

angry
see what ive been saying. You have been buying cheap bras for those cheap girls right? Well im bigger than all of that.
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by omoharry(f): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
This is Africa, where it is seen as a man's world. You want to be in charge and be admired? then show the women what it is to be a man. The SIMPLE WORD HERE IS CALLED RESPONSIBILITY, SECURITY AND RESPECT.You can only command respect and be charge only when you are responsible and stable, in respective of how much you earn. The way you handle the little money available to you, makes big a difference. The problem with some Nigerian men in recent time is the fact that they are either lazy to work hard to earn some money, or too stingy to their girl friends.they don't even have their Pride we use to admire in them.Men should have some Ego please and should not be seen marrying women because of their money or family status.Majority of Nigerian men are guilty of this. So many opportunist hanging around now, may God help women that don't have good job or fat accounts. .

MEN-- Why do you always complain when women opt for richer men?. wont you do the same, if you had money? wont you sort for the most beautiful and successful woman of your class. when you are broke you start playing the victim but when you are rich then the true nature of unfaithfulness begins to unfold itself, even if you have the most beautiful and faithful wife ever.ABEG WAKA PASS.

ANYWAY, A MAN'S LOVE IS TESTED WHEN HE IS RICH WHILE A WOMAN LOVE IS TEST WHEN A MAN IS POOR. SEKENA.
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by dederocs(m): 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
blame the poverty in the system
blame the poverty mentality
na poverty cause am.
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Yahoo1(m): 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
why is it a big deal kwanu? how many of this kind thread una go open before being satisfied?.......if you have a grown up sister just refer thw question to her na....simple bro
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Beync(f): 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
Op I support u. No money, no sex, no romance, let's go on a date. Deal?
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by mencade6: 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2013
this is my assertion:

to all the long throat ladies in nairaland, outside nairaland, in abroad, in the village, the runs gals in abuja, lagos, portharcourt etc, the money monger ladies in ibadan, kaduna, aba etc. The gals using pu.ci power to build house and buy expensive items, the ones with money scanning eyes that are still trekking. The money conscious girls who claimed to love us but are more concern about what is in our pocket, the ones nearing menopause who wants to catch innocent brothers in the church, in the name of fake born again. I dey great all of una oooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
mencade6: this is my assertion:

to all the long throat ladies in nairaland, outside nairaland, in abroad, in the village, the runs gals in abuja, lagos, portharcourt etc, the money monger ladies in ibadan, kaduna, aba etc. The gals using pu.ci power to build house and buy expensive items, the ones with money scanning eyes that are still trekking. The money conscious girls who claimed to love us but are more concern about what is in our pocket, the ones nearing menopause who wants to catch innocent brothers in the church, in the name of fake born again. I dey great all of una oooooooooo
OMG!!! This guy u really need to go to the music studiogringrin Nairaland, what a crazy place to chill out a hectic eveninggrin

Back to the question: why do u need money as a guy to go into a relationship?

See my dear poster, money is like security, it gives u a psychological and mental balance which u need to be happy.

Now, with how everything has been monetized in today world, I don't think u will be happy if u are broke talkless of embarking in a relationship.

Remember, u don't really need the money to give to the lady u want to date, but to give yourself comfort and a balanced psychology and mental state which will make u attractive to both men and women.

Now I want to ask u: how do u usually feel when u have no money at all Do u feel happy? I am sure no...u feel angry within yourself, so how can u then start a relationship when u aren't even happy with your own self?

Lastly, u need money or a stable source of income before starting a healthy relationship today, y? To give u a sense of belonging. Imagine u are dating a girl who always sponsor your dates and outings and also comes to cook for u, etc....can u honestly tell me that u will be happy

If ur answer is yes, then I am sorry to say that u are a potential gigolo with all due respect pls. It is only a failed guy, or one with no ambition that prays to live under the sole care of a woman in the name of love or romance.

In summary, the common enemy Nigeria has is POVERTY, mass unemployment and under-employment due to past corrupt and devilish leaders who impoverished Nigerians over the years via useless looting and corruption and now made Nigerians so afraid of poverty and lack, to the extent every Nigeria is now desperate to go for any means that assures them of a better future, hence the reason girls are scared of dating financially handicapped guys.

Again, Nollywood, Yahoo boys and politicians helped spoilt the Nigerian women by splashing money on some and making others to believe that the best thing a man can offer to them is money!

So my dear brothers, there is no need beating around the bush, the ladies won't listen cos its now a common practice in Nigeria, so I would advice any guy reading this to focus on his career/biz/job/handwork and pray to make it financially free and u won't need to bother again. That's the safest way cos posting and re-posting condemnation and criticising topics of how Nigerian girls are materialistic won't change the situation.

Remember, less than 0.00001% of Nigerian girls do visit nairaland, so whatever u and I say here won't change the game, pray for God to bless u financially. Though its a sad situation in our country, what can we do? Nothing for now

5 Likes

Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by dmcdad: 7:24am On Nov 22, 2013
hotwax: I love this thread. Some feminists will now be saying rubbish.
They even opened a thread on how Beautiful girls should go to top class men. It means beautiful girls should sell their beauty for money.
The question is... What about if they get to meet a rich handsome dude, what would be the case? She is beautiful and the dude is handsome. So, he has money and she doesn't? What would be the verdict then?
Re: Why Must A Guy Have Money To Date A Girl? by dmcdad: 7:28am On Nov 22, 2013
190: ^as if you're hot yourself

angry
Hehehehehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Is Encouraging Him To Get Her Pregnant / Which Jollof Are You? / Are you a Side Chic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.