Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

At The Moment (ATM) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / At The Moment (ATM) (11724 Views)

Seize The Moment Now Nairalander( A Must Read) / Realising The Moment To Escape / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Dayo was baffled and annoyed. He was coming back from a long day out and was planning on getting a well deserved night rest and right in front of him were two young men that looked like South Americans threatening him without any fear written on their faces.

He was almost tempted to challenge them but when he remembered how dangerous the south americans could be and considering the numbers of his opponent, he decided to play cool till they left him.

His planned night rest couldn't work out anymore. Some people were threatening him in a foreign land so sleep was a later option. He tried to reason if he had seen those guys from somewhere but he gave up when he couldn't come up with anything.

He didn't see Naomi throughout the following week. He feared that something might have gone wrong but he didn't want to admit such negative thoughts. He tried her mobile number severally but it was not going through.

Like magic, the loads of threat messages from an unknown number that usually graced his phone's inbox for the past few days soon stopped. It was as if the disappearance of Naomi was connected to this new development.

Nevertheless, Dayo still watched his back well enough to avoid being hit suddenly without any cover.

He was at the school's cafetaria for break on a busy practise day when a text message popped on his phone. It was from Naomi.

It read: 'Hey Dayo, i'm at Daily mall and i want to see you'

Dayo knew where Daily mall was, so he hurried with his drink before going to take an excuse from his supervisor. He wanted to know some missing things. He sure needed Naomi to open up to him. He knew that her disappearance was connected to the threats he received.

He got to the mall in less than 10 minutes. He strolled to the garden beside it. He was able to sight Naomi sitting on a concrete bench. She was so engrossed in the magazine that was in her hands that she didn't notice Dayo instantly.

Naomi hugged him so tight and for a moment, Dayo thought she was never going to let go off him. Then when she finally released her grip on Dayo, tears freely dropped down her cheeks. She immediately began to stammer as she made to talk.

Dayo confirmed his doubts. He knew something was wrong so he brought out an handkerchief as he wiped off the tears from her eyes before encouraging her to talk.

"They are after me", Naomi said as she looked into his eyes with fear.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Idowuobo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
I don reach here again o. O.p drop another update abeg. The tori dey sweet me like sugar. cheesy
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Idowuobo(m): 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
I just recommended this story for frontpage...Dhortunn, u rock!!!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
Idowu-obo:
I just recommended this story for frontpage...Dhortunn, u rock!!!

Wow! Thanks a lot bro.
I'm at a social gathering presently, i'd definitely update when i'm done.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:28am On Dec 30, 2013
After Dayo had ensured that she was calm, he encouraged her to talk.

"Carlos and Juan followed me home that night", Naomi began.

"Carlos and Juan? Who are they?", Dayo was confused.

"They are the guys who kidnapped me just be...", Naomi stammered in response.

"Go on dear, i'm listening", Dayo encouraged her to continue.

"They kidnapped me because i didn't agree to date one of them", Naomi continued.

"Please help me, those guys are evil...please", She added as she clutched tightly to Dayo's arm.

She wept bitterly.

This was a case of gender intimidation. Female insecurity was a case study everywhere in the world. Dayo knew the danger involved if he wanted to challenge the south americans.

"Did they touch you?", he asked her.

"They did not but they wanted to, so i found a way to escape", she replied amidst sobs.

"Dayo, promise me that you will help me please", she immediately sat up and said while intently looking into his eyes.

Dayo thought for a while before saying;

"I promise", he replied with a faint smile.

These two words brightened up Naomi like magic as she leaned on Dayo's shoulder as they walked out of the garden.

Dayo thought it was wise that he reported the case to the police but somehow he didn't like the idea. He decided to confide in a close friend of his.

Marcus was a black like him, from ghanaian root. He was a young child when his family had moved over to London during the period of bad leadership which resulted to a very poor economy that saw most of the citizens migrating to Nigeria.

Marcus was more like a brother to him as they shared the same passion. They had met at a pub two months into Dayo's arrival from Nigeria.

Though Marcus was older, they still got on well. He worked as a travelling agent so he had much time to relax as he could work from home by simply delivering mails and doing other stuffs online.

He ranged the doorbell and a lady figure appeared at the door. She was Marcus' girlfriend. He had seen her the last time he visited Marcus. They exchanged pleasantries as she let him in.

Her name was Trisha. She was an English young lady probably in her late twenties but she graced an elegant look. Marcus had hinted him that he planned on taking her as his wife.

Marcus was sitting on a sofa as he concentrated on a basketball game that was showing live on the large TV screen that was hooked beautifully to the wall. He noticed that the visitor was Dayo and he hailed him as he walked in.

They greeted with their trademark handshake before Marcus went to get a drink from the fridge and asked Trisha to get two cups for them from the kitchen.

Dayo knew that it would be impossible to discuss whatever he had on his mind in the presence of Trisha so he suggested that they went to the pub but not after Marcus was through with the basketball game.

At the pub, Dayo told Marcus about the kidnap. Luckily enough, Marcus knew one of the guys. He had helped Juan's brother with some travelling issues sometime ago so he had Juan's mobile number since it was the number used for the next of kin.

Marcus called Juan on phone and told him that he was having a party and he wanted him and his friends to come. Juan promised to be at Marcus' place.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
#still following ......Happy New year in advance
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
philtrum: #still following ......Happy New year in advance
Yes boss! Compliments of the season.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
Marcus was having a party in the weekend to celebrate his birthday so they thought it would be a good idea to use it as an avenue to meet the south americans.

Juan agreed to come with his friends. He was not aware of what Marcus had he mind. He only accepted the invite because he knew Marcus through his elder brother.

After proper logistics and a satisfied paper plan, Marcus and Dayo were convinced that things would go smoothly with meeting the boys. They invited some blacks too, just incase something went amiss.

The party was held outside Marcus' bungalow. There was a big field opposite his house which had been turned into a recreational centre by the residents of the street in which Marcus had his house.

The field had a low fence surrounding it and a gate that was small enough to let a typical goat jump over. Swings were at a section of the field with a sandy playground to engage the hands of the young children.

They also had a place for volleyball and they somehow used free spaces for cricket. One thing was that, the field was well occupied with the necessary materials for recreational activities.

Marcus' birthday party was slated for 3pm. Due to his popularity in the neighbourhood, they received a lot of guests that consisted mainly of children and young adults. By 7pm, the crowd had returned home. After proper clean-up, Marcus persuaded his girlfriend to leave for her home but it didn't go down well with her.

She argued that she was supposed to be with him for the night. She eventually left after much pleading from Marcus but she didn't go without expressing her doubts.

Marcus felt bad but he didn't want her to meet the south americans he had invited. He had told them to come at a later hour in the night.

By 9:30pm, Dayo, Marcus and two other black guys were sitting in Marcus' big living room discussing about various topics while downing different bottles of alcoholic drinks when the intercom rang.

Marcus stood to answer the door. It was the south americans, they had come with another guy who Marcus had never seen. Marcus was glad that they had invited the two black guys so things might not backfire.

Marcus led them into the living room and when Carlos sighted Dayo, all hell was let loose. It took the intervention of Juan and the other guy that came with them before things could die down.

Juan kept on threatening Dayo as the person that was holding Naomi against him. Dayo remained mute all through the bashing. He had learnt never to exchange words with an angry fellow because they were unpredictable in their actions.

They talked for about an hour and with the way in which the matter was trashed, all things seemed to be going in the positive direction. Dayo still noticed the strong hate in Carlos' body language but he discarded it.

Dayo woke up the next morning with a sharp pain in his neck, he reached out for his phone and saw a series of missed calls and a text message. On opening the message, he got a terrible shocker. He rubbed his eyes very hard with his mouth opened wide at his phone's screen, he thought that he was still dreaming.

He looked again, this time, he saw it clearly.

'Marcus is dead'.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bump! ^^^Modified.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:23am On Jan 01, 2014
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
ahh
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Enosky(f): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Guy abeg update nw!!! Abi u sef dn strike?
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
He stared blankly at his phone's screen. The words that made up the mysterious message compounded his miserable state that morning. He just could not lay a finger on anything. His memory went on a long holiday. In a short description, he suffered from amnesia in a brief moment.

Dayo was cold. He managed to sit up even with the inconvinence created by the horrible pain in his neck. He began to recall the events that played out the previous day.

He had left Marcus' apartment at around 11pm after the meeting with the south americans. As soon as he walked across the street that linked to the nearest bus station, his phone rang.

He realised that it was Naomi. She asked him to come over to her place for something urgent. Her voice on phone expressed anguish and pain. She lamented on how lonely and worried she was, so she had decided to contact him.

Dayo pleaded with her that it was late but she persisted, she even threatened to do something stupid if he didn't show up. He had no option than to succumb to her pleas. Dayo boarded the next bus upon her directions.

He got to her flat in another ten minutes, it was a two bedroom flat that was sited in an area meant for middle income areas. She shared the flat with a friend. Dayo later got to find out that the friend was away on an official assignment.

The flowers that adorned the front of her flat were scentful. The gentle breeze accompanied with light drizzles gave a strong indication of a promising night.

He tapped the door lightly. Naomi responded swiftly like she had been holding a vigil for his arrival. She held him in a tight embrace and placed soft kisses on his lips. His body organs appreciated the gesture as he licked his lips unconciously and his eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

The kiss registered sensual messages in his brain. Naomi confirmed it when she told him that she was alone and he was going to spend the night with her. She excused herself to the bathroom after showing him the way to the bedroom.

She came back to meet Dayo already fast sleep. She hissed in disappointment as she miserably slept by his side.

Dayo woke up at exactly 02:30 am. He felt something was holding him down. He saw Naomi's full unclad body lying closely to his body. She crossed her legs on his in the most provocative manner.

Dayo's third leg failed his 'righteous' mind. He stretched to feel the fair luscious laps that was making his third leg increase in length.

Half-way into touching, Naomi suddenly grabbed his hands and began to play with his open chest. Things turned out slowly and blew into a fulfilled sex match. Naomi was great in bed but Dayo managed to keep up. They slept off immediately after two hot, sizzling rounds.

Dayo woke up very early to leave for home but Naomi forced him to have a quickie before she could free him. He got to his apartment and he went into a deep sleep in minutes.

As he hurriedly wore a brief cloth. He looked around his room and he noticed that someone had burgled his apartment. Some of his things were missing. He made a mental note of checking properly when he returns from Marcus'.

He confirmed his fears when he noticed that the windscreen of his car had been tampered with. Anger rose inside him.

Dayo saw a small crowd outside Marcus' Apartment. As he got nearer, he saw Marcus' girlfriend, Trisha. She was attending to a police officer.

"Hey you!", one of the police officers shouted.

2 Likes

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by chistar01(m): 1:56am On Jan 06, 2014
Hmmmm... Nice story. See suspence oh
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2014
Enosky: Guy abeg update nw!!! Abi u sef dn strike?

Loool...i don update already bae. How was your night?
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2014
chistar01: Hmmmm... Nice story. See suspence oh

Hello... Chistar is here. Welcome boss and thanks for the comment. I'm mightily inspired.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Enosky(f): 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dhortunn:
Loool...i don update already bae. How was your night?
kul, @last we've gat smtin 2 read
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by DisneyAngel(f): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bros next update pls,before I develop HB. nice work
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 5:11am On Jan 09, 2014
DisneyAngel: Bros next update pls,before I develop HB. nice work

Lmao...abeg o, i'm not yet a 'bros' o. Thanks for the comment.
Refresh in 2hours dearie.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 6:00am On Jan 09, 2014
Dayo looked up, he surveyed the environment at a glance. He wanted to run but his feebly legs would not allow him the chance to do so. He walked miserably to the side where Trisha and the police officer was standing.

He greeted Trisha but she ignored him, he felt some guilt in his heart and his heartbeat tripled upon the sudden realisation of what could happen to him. A murder case in London!

Dayo guessed that Trisha would have told the police officer about him and they might have somehow been on their way to his place. His guess was right because the officer engaged him with series of questions which he managed to provide brainy answers to.

The flat which Marcus lived in before his death was surrounded with barricade tapes. The public was prevented from taking any snap shots except for a particular white man who Dayo suspected was working with the police.

Marcus' body had already been stretchered out for autopsy before his arrival.

The officer, Inspector David was a white man in his late thirties. He had a huge frame that made him look like a rugby player. His beards were finely shaven. His height was something that would sweep a lady off her feet. His eyes looked red and fiery yet he exhibited meekness.

Inspector David informed the duo of Dayo and Trisha that they were going to follow them back to the police station for proper investigation.

At the station, Dayo was asked to write a statement concerning what he knew about the murder. He felt that he should write something else but he had a second thought and he decided to pour out the truth. The devil was before him and Dayo thought it was wise to kill him than dance with him.

The inspector scanned through their statements and he was impressed. He arranged the them into a file before exiting the interrogation room.

Dayo looked over the small room like he was lost. There was a ceiling fan hanging over his head. Cameras were stationed at strategic places to monitor movement. A small window allowed a tiny ray of light to pass through to the room. The room was well lit all thanks to the mighty halogen lamp that was fixed close to the fan.

The inspector came back after an hour. He informed Dayo that he was going to be released but he adviced him that he should not leave London at that period as the police might visit him at any time to confirm his residential address. He shook hands with Dayo and promised that Juan and Carlos were going to be tracked.

Dayo got out of the police station. His face brightened as fresh air hit his sleepy eyes. Freedom was a good thing. He felt his intestines fighting world war III, hunger was the meaning.

He hurriedly walked into a restaurant and ordered for some quick meal. As he settled to fill his belly, he glanced at his wristwatch, shock was written all over his face.

He had missed a test, a vital one. He was on the verge of missing another, so he just dumped the remainder of the meal into his mouth like a glutton and sped away like a fresh mad man.

He got home and freshened up before navigating his way to school, where he saw the unexpected.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 8:42am On Jan 09, 2014
Good morning......

1 Like

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
philtrum: Good morning......
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Cassie1408(f): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
U ar too much
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
Cassie1408: U ar too much

Thanks boo...*much kisses*
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by DisneyAngel(f): 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nice update boy
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
@op, so sad that upon all my trouble, am not welcome. what's my offence?
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
shollaire: @op, so sad that upon all my trouble, am not welcome. what's my offence?
On behalf of the OP I'm saying a big SORRY. no feel say the op dey ignore u, maybe e never notice.
You Are Very Welcome to this thread, thank God say you no late too much, pick the vacant sit in front.

if we don't appreciate you, who will?
Be absolutely sure its from the bottom of our heart
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
shollaire: @op, so sad that upon all my trouble, am not welcome. what's my offence?

You're so welcome. Sorry, i didn't notice you earlier. Kindly accept my apologies. We are glad to have you here. Enjoy!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
DisneyAngel: Nice update boy

Loool...thank you my angel grin
DisneyAngel: Nice update boy

Loool...thank you my angel
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
philtrum:
On behalf of the OP I'm saying a big SORRY. no feel say the op dey ignore u, maybe e never notice.
You Are Very Welcome to this thread, thank God say you no late too much, pick the vacant sit in front.

if we don't appreciate you, who will?
Be absolutely sure its from the bottom of our heart

Thanks for standing in for me in my absence. Bless you bro.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 10, 2014
Dhortunn:

You're so welcome. Sorry, i didn't notice you earlier. Kindly accept my apologies. We are glad to have you here. Enjoy!
Apologies accepted.
But I still don't know what happen to my first post where I was lamenting how lack of taxi GPS made me lose a chunk of ATM story.
Anyway I don't want to create anymore scene. Let me just take my front seat and enjoy the story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joy Akosa: What Fake Earring Did To My Baby / Types Of Title On Nairaland / How Fr. Paul Broke My Virginity And Led Me Astray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.