Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

At The Moment (ATM) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / At The Moment (ATM) (11735 Views)

Seize The Moment Now Nairalander( A Must Read) / Realising The Moment To Escape / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
sharp guy.........sharp guy.........sharp guy.........
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2013
A van pulled off outside and about three heavily built men got down almost immediately. The atmosphere was lively, loud music was playing at one side of the bar.

Some people were arguing noisely at the front of the bar. Other things were going on so noone really paid attention to the new 'guests' except Dayo and his clique.

In a flash, Kunle's table was rounded by the three men. Yinka had secretly signalled to them. Kunle was already past his boundary, he had taken in more drinks than he should have. He had little or no idea of what was going on.

One of the men tapped him on his shoulder. This singular action brought a bit of consciousness into his spirit.

"Who be dat?", he questioned with his eyes almost closed.

"You remember me?", Dayo said as he moved closer to the table that was already the centre of attraction in the bar.

People hanged around and some suspended their drinks and gists as they all wanted to see the new movie being displayed before them.

"No, i no sabi you...who you be sef?", Kunle immediately denied.

Yinka kept a straight face.

"Abi you sabi am?", Kunle asked Yinka.

There was a moment of silence and like a bluetooth connection, a thunderous slap produced from the hands of one of the three huge men landed on the side of Kunle's face. The sound that followed was enough to reach a thousand ears at the same time.

Kunle yelled and instantly jumped to his feet as he grabbed a bottle lying carelessly on the table but he was easily overpowered. He struggled fiercely but it seemed that he had met his waterloo.

He was dragged out of the bar straight into the van. People just watched from distance, noone could interfere for fear of the unknown. Dayo, Obinna and Yinka entered Dayo's car and they followed the van to it's destination.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by kingphilip(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Kunle own don be be dat now
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
*pay back time* wild one
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hello readers,
I'm in the mood to update now but sadly there is a must-watch EPL match coming up in some minutes and i don't want to miss it plus i don't want to rush the next update thereby making the contents boring.
So, i'll be dropping an update by 7PM when i should be fully settled.
I love you all, Cheers.

1 Like

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
kingphilip: Kunle own don be be dat now
philtrum: *pay back time* wild one
Let's wait and see na...
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Jaywonluv(f): 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
Revenge mission..........no shed blood oooooo. Anxiously waiting............
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
They all entered a building that looked more like a factory.

Kunle's hands were securely tied with a rope. He had bruises all over his face resulting from a failed attempt to free himself. Depression was clearly written on his face.

One of his abductors was handling a 9mm Beretta handgun. The other two had clubs with shiny blades in their hands.

They entered a room just before the main building. A table was in the middle of the room. It was a poorly ventilated area with an obvious stench oozing from an unknown part of the room.

The room seemed like it was last used before the nation's independence. The curtains were raised and a small standing fan was plugged on as sanity was gradually restored into the room.

Kunle was ordered to sit on a chair fixed to the table. He resisted the command but an heavy blow to the side of the ribs made him forcefully drop into the chair.

All this while, Dayo and his friends were in the room. They just stood at different angles observing the event as it played itself.

"Kunle, we got an information that you and Rufus terrorised Dayo", one of the huge men said as he pointed to the direction where Dayo was standing.

Kunle remained transfixed.

"Are you deaf!?", Obinna who had been silent since onset suddenly shouted in anger.

He made to move towards the table but he was stopped by Dayo who told him to remain calm.

Kunle giggled at Obinna's action. He looked straight into Dayo's eyes like he lost some thing in it. Dayo felt uneasy but he didn't show it.

"Somebody sent us, we were paid to get rid of you!", Kunle said with his eyes still on Dayo.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
Jaywonluv: Revenge mission..........no shed blood oooooo. Anxiously waiting............

Abi...for the bloodshed, i can't say o. Anything can happen ;-)
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by DEllaluv(f): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Jeez
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Yeepa!!! Imagine "Innocent" Dayo has Enemies.
*screams * someone pull kunle out of that chair dip his head in hot water let him talk sharp sharply.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Idowuobo(m): 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Story is so on point!!!! Abeg nak us more tory.
Btw OP where you dey na? Abi shey na because comments never yapa na im con dey cause dz hold up?
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
op come update Nah before I go come kidnap you.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:07am On Dec 18, 2013
Idowu-obo:
Story is so on point!!!! Abeg nak us more tory.
Btw OP where you dey na? Abi shey na because comments never yapa na im con dey cause dz hold up?

Welcome bro...
I've been damn busy for some days hence my absence.
I'll squeeze some time to update now.
#Bless
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:16am On Dec 18, 2013
philtrum: op come update Nah before I go come kidnap you.
Lool...i go update soon.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Enosky(f): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
We dy wait u o!!!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2013
Dayo was startled. He couldn't think straight for a while. He thought of the last time he had a fight with someone that could have made the person to send paid killers after him.

One of the hefty men noticed Dayo's misery and decided to end it quick. He plugged a soldering iron to a nearby socket.

The man turned to Kunle and ordered him to continue talking.

Kunle hesitated and grumbled. The man reacted by unplugging the already hot soldering iron and without much ado, he placed it on Kunle's cheeks.

The soldering iron went to action almost immediately because the cries of pain that came from Kunle could almost deafen the ear.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....i go talk bros", Kunle blurted.

He was gasping uncontrollably. He sounded more like a pig. They allowed his breathe to come back to normal after series of pants.

"Now, talk!", the same man ordered again.

With teary eyes, Kunle narrated the whole thing behind the Dayo saga. According to him, they were sent by a known politician in the state to kill Dayo as he was the son of the politician's opponent in the coming senatorial elections.

The part of robbing Dayo of his father's account pin was their idea and not the politician's.

He admitted that they would have succeeded if not for the greediness on the part of Rufus who had revenge on his mind.

This shocking revelation made them to inquire more about the politician's details. Kunle refused to let out any information but he eventually succumbed after much torture.

The politician was someone they all knew. All eyes were on Dayo at the mention of the politician's name like to say that the ball was already in his court.

Dayo nodded subconciously just to wave off the eyes. He had other plans in his mind. He needed to leave this wicked part of the world.

Kunle further revealed that Rufus was in a traditional house in a neighbouring state undergoing treatment from his bullet wound.

The men gathered with Dayo and his friends to decide on what to do with Kunle. They concluded to leave a mark on him and that was exactly what they did.

"Booooooommmm", that was the sound that echoed after someone pulled the trigger.

Kunle wept like a baby. There were bloodstains allover his jean trouser.

It was already late in the night. The men bundled him into the back of the van and they drove off. They dropped him in a bush path before going their way.

1 Like

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 8:30am On Dec 19, 2013
Viewing this topic: cutietee
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by KingzPen(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2013
Still following Boss...

I love your mode of writing...

Learning...
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2013
KingzPen: Still following Boss...

I love your mode of writing...

Learning...

Thanks boss, i appreciate.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Enosky(f): 10:24am On Dec 19, 2013
Wow! Dz has gone beyond social 2 d dirty games of politics
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 10:58am On Dec 19, 2013
Enosky: Wow! Dz has gone beyond social 2 d dirty games of politics
[At The Moment]
Thanks for staying by, boss!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2013
*smh* Nigerian politics....... Pele o kunle......Dayo don't do anything stupiid o..........just take the next flight to Vegas (you can be whoever you wanna be)
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2013
philtrum: *smh* Nigerian politics....... Pele o kunle......Dayo don't do anything stupiid o..........just take the next flight to Vegas (you can be whoever you wanna be)

Yes, so true...
But anything can happen in Vegas too.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2013
Dhortunn:

Yes, so true...
But anything can happen in Vegas too.

yes oooo.....I forgot to add that one.....anywayz I will wait for Dayo to decide.....plz update now.....you know say you owe us plenty updates since all this days
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2013
philtrum:

yes oooo.....I forgot to add that one.....anywayz I will wait for Dayo to decide.....plz update now.....you know say you owe us plenty updates since all this days

You won.
New Update in two hours...
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
He had mixed feelings as he drove back home. He had dropped off Yinka and Obinna. The digital clock on his dashboard showed 11:20pm. He guessed that his father would have been dead worried by now.

His father wouldn't have been able to reach him because of the epileptic nature of his phone's battery. The mobile gadget had gone off when they were taking Kunle to the abandoned factory for interrogation.

As he made to alight from the car after he had made series of turns to ensure the proper parking of the vehicle, Baba Segun showed his face.

"Where you go sins morny?", Baba Segun questioned in his best attempt at speaking English language.

The question got to Dayo's nerves but he just overlooked it. He was not in such mood for banters.

Baba Segun noticed that Dayo was not interested in what he was saying and was pained.

"Shioor...Baba dey wait for you o", he concluded as he went back to his duty post.

"Good riddance!", Dayo said as he watched him go.

His guess was right as Chief was impatiently waiting for his arrival in the living room. Chief was dressed in his night robe and a pair of leather footwear. In front of him was a small table with a bottle of wine and a glass on top of it.

"Where are you coming from?", Chief attacked as he noticed Dayo's presence.

"Good evening sir", Dayo greeted as he tried to avoid the question.

"Yes, evening...where are you coming from?", Chief asked again in a tone that was almost expressing anger.

Dayo was not happy with the turn-out of events. He was almost killed some weeks back because of his father but now, the same man could still question him of his whereabouts in a displeasing manner.

Moreover, he concluded in his mind that he was old enough to take care of himself. He was a man already but his father was not ready to see things that way.

He only wished his father knew what he had gone through solely because of him. He had death whispering his name and he almost answered 'Yes' but the old man facing him didn't know that, he was only concerned about where he was coming from.

Humans have feelings and they tend to break down when someone hurts them.

"I was almost killed because of you. You don't know what i have been through or what i am going through and you are here pretending to care!", Dayo angrily blurted before storming to his bedroom leaving his father speechless and dazed.

The word 'killed' got his attention more. Chief knew that there was a huge fire on the mountain for Dayo to utter such words.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 2:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
Eeya *full stop*
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Akinlekanwr(m): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
This story has been very interesting. Thumbs up op bt I wanna implore you to pls try as much as possible to update faster. Thnx man
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Akinlekanwr: This story has been very interesting. Thumbs up op bt I wanna implore you to pls try as much as possible to update faster. Thnx man
Alright, i'd try as much as possible to always deliver. Thanks for your comment.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by DEllaluv(f): 11:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Rili nyc
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 10:19am On Dec 20, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Rili nyc

Oh...dearie, where have you been? I've been looking all over the place for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / Joy Akosa: What Fake Earring Did To My Baby / How Fr. Paul Broke My Virginity And Led Me Astray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.