Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

At The Moment (ATM) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / At The Moment (ATM) (11883 Views)

Seize The Moment Now Nairalander( A Must Read) / Realising The Moment To Escape / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
Jaywonluv: Following...........::waiting 4 d nxt update. Nice work.

Thanks for following ma, update will soon drop.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
The door opened slowly, the moan coming from the room was not loud but clear. Bimpe was on top of Dayo so she had her back facing the room's entrance.

"So, this is what you know how to do best abi?", Sharon blurted as she opened the door.

"What? How did you get in here? Who told you i was here?", Dayo asked so many foolish questions at the same time as he pushed Bimpe off him.

He realised that he didn't lock the door before they started, 'konji' had gotten the better of him.

Bimpe just sat there naked, staring at the ceiling. She was so embarassed and confused as Sharon kept on lashing at the both of them. She promised to deal with Dayo as he was too much of a womanizer.

She picked her bag and left the room with a loud voice, numerous threats. Dayo waved her off. Bimpe got dressed and made to go too, she expected Dayo to at least stop her from leaving the room but he had already seen enough, he was not in the mood for any emotional game.

She let out a loud hiss and left him alone. The way in which she closed the door was abnormal, a loud 'jam' sound followed. Dayo was angry but he controlled his temper.

"BI'TCH", he managed to say as the 'jam' sound subsided.

He still had his head in his hands when Adeola walked in. She didn't say a word to him. She just picked a towel and went into the bathroom.

She was out of the bathroom some minutes after, she got dressed and arranged her few clothes into her small travelling bag. She was almost at the door when Dayo rushed to stop her.

A face almost filled with tears met his. He was confused now.

2 Likes

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2013
This place is as silent as something else. Pardon me but i have to say this...

Nawa for all of una o make una dey ginjah pesin na, shuu
BTW Happy Sunday, Happy New Month
Typing
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:53am On Dec 01, 2013
"Why did you do this to me?", Adeola asked him, now in full tears.

"What do you mean?", Dayo muttered in reply. He was obviously taken off balance with the turn of events.

"Liar!!! Dayo, you are big cheat and you have no conscience, i regret ever knowing you", She suddenly spoke in an emotional-laden voice.

He hated it when ladies tend to show much emotions to drive home a point and he was ready to blast her for what he called 'acting' when she spoke again.

"I love you Dayo, i really do", she looked into his face as she said this.

Dayo felt some guilt inside but he was not ready to go down on his kneels to beg a lady. He felt some thing for her too but he couldn't place what it was.

He had thought she was an explorer like himself. He got embarassed when the stare from her was making him feel uncomfortable.

His conscience pricked him the more, he bowed his head. He heard her footsteps as she walked out of the room.

He raised his head and tears dropped from his eyes. Dayo was crying, D-boss was crying for a lady. It was certainly not normal.

Adeola was a good girl and she was the jovial type, he felt he had done something wrong to hurt her that bad. After some moments of self-blame, he went into a deep sleep.

He woke up some hours later, he was so much in need of food to quench the riot caused by the worms in his stoomach. He had faced enough monsters for the day. He had planned to leave the hotel the next day.

He reached out for his trouser where he had last kept his wallet containing his atm cards and some money. He felt something was wrong as he picked the trouser, it was light in weight. His hand hurriedly found it's way to the back pocket.

Alas! It was empty.

7 Likes

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2013
Ok

If you won't comment, please just click the 'Like' button so i will know that i am being appreciated at least.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by KingzPen(m): 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2013
You are always appreciated by me... I dey always feel you...

You just keep doing your thing like your the only one existing... Write and update like your the only one on NL... I get that feeling too when no one drops comment on my work but I keep commending myself to continue the good work...

My Boss, your doing a good job here... I be your number one fan...
Dhortunn: Ok

If you won't comment, please just click the 'Like' button so i will know that i am being appreciated at least.

1 Like

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 9:36am On Dec 03, 2013
He fell back into the bed as he realized that his wallet and car keys were gone. Perspiration took over him. He was sweating, his palms were gradually filled with moist.

After laying clueless for some minutes, he sat up gently. He knew that the demons after him were willing to kill him, infact, they were already with the weapon with which they would use in carrying out their objectives.

He suspected the three ladies that were in the room with him sometime ago. He suspected Sharon more, her threat began playing in his head again.

This time, each words of the threat sunk deeply in his reasoning faculty. Truly, women are powerful beings. They were almost as crafty as the Devil, himself.

He slowly made to pick his phone, he had lot of pings already but he was not in the mood to check them. He wanted to face the present situation and find a quick solution lest it would be disastrous.

Sharon had saved her mobile number on his phone the last night so he was lucky. He would have pinged her but he felt that voice call was more better.

"The number you have dialled does not exist, please check the number and try again", a female voice aired out of his phone's speaker.

Disappointment was clearly shown on his face. Lot of booze could kill too. She possibly saved her number on his phone under the influence of much booze. He decided to check his pings since his other option to reach Sharon was never going to work out.

He opened the first message with shock all over him. It read;

"Dayo Akinloye, the smart fo'ol...you have stepped on the cobra's tail and it's a must that you would be confronted by it's anger. If you are in dire need of those items, come over to 20, Olakunle Sibadu Close. Be warned, Come alone, bye."

He could not remember the last time he had a chat with the person that sent him the message. He concluded that there was an hidden piece that needed to fix into the puzzle, he just could not place what it was.

Luckily, there was a #500 note left in his pocket. How and why it was not taken by the mysterious fellow, he could not understand.

He got out of the hotel, walked a few distance before he saw a bike, he gave the address to the bike man and they zoomed off.

His mind also raced off to various thoughts. He needed answers to the various questions that popped off at every moving second. The doom's day was here, his judgement was awaiting him.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by DEllaluv(f): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2013
Dayo don jam be dt
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by KingzPen(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2013
He don enter am... Gobe unlimited...
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 10:09am On Dec 03, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Dayo don jam be dt
Kingzpen: He don enter am... Gobe unlimited...

Lool...i swear down!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
dem get hin password sha.......this boy go dance skelewu today....@op #GoodJob
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Enosky(f): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
;DDz is wat i kal GOBE!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
philtrum: dem get hin password sha.......this boy go dance skelewu today....@op #GoodJob
Enosky: ;DDz is wat i kal GOBE!

Nothing else describes the situation than what you guys have said.

Typing...
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
Slowly, he got down from the bike and walked stealthily towards the big gate that had the inscription of the address sent to him.

He was almost at the gate when the bike man called his attention to his change. He waved the man off, he had much things on his neck needless to think of some #300 change.

The bike man speedily rode off in happiness lest his benefactor changed his mind. That was life, you hardly know what the next person was passing through. It is true that sadness could be hidden with a single smile.

Dayo pressed the electric bell and in a space of 10-20secs, someone opened the gate. The look on the stranger almost took him off balance. He was about 6ft4", broad shoulders and a big head with a stitch on his bald head. He looked more like a wrestler from mars.

"Yes? Na u be Dayo abi?", the big fellow bellowed.

"Ehn...Yes, it's me", Dayo replied the 'human monster' in english with a voice that stammered at interval.

He noticed that the big fellow before him had big lips that hung like a woman's cunt.

"Oya waka enta inside na, abi wetin u dey look?", the big fellow thundered again.

Dayo was led into the compound by the monster. His stature was obviously bullied, he knew that any silly move by him would lead him straight to where he was not prepared to go.

The house was something more like an uncompleted building only that one part of it was already painted and roofed. They passed through some rooms before they got into the main building.

What he saw there was more like some people gathered to shoot a Nollywood movie.

"Rufus!!!", Dayo shouted.

A deafening slap from the 'human monster' made him fall flat almost immediately.

1 Like

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
The former fresh skin of his had developed wrinkles no thanks to the slap. His eyes fought to adjust back to it's default setting. The vibrating pain from his head could act as a witness to what just befell him. He felt like passing out on the spot.

" D-boss, welcome to my crib, this is my world and i rule it...", Rufus spoke for the first time while he walked towards Dayo's standing position.

He paused for a while as he puffed out the smoke of a cigarette through his nostrils.

Dayo was angry, he wanted to charge at him but for the monster's presence, he calmed his nerves gradually. He knew Rufus too well. Rufus was one of the cult leaders in the school where he graduated from.

He was short with thick muscles covering his arms and legs, what he lost in height was supplemented in body size.

Rufus had confronted Dayo in a night club where he requested with authority to have a talk with a lady the latter came with. He even went further by attempting to drag the lady with him when they did not seem to pay attention to him.

This action prompted Dayo to go into a fight with him. The fight was messy but Rufus was the victim of it. They were seperated by other guys around before the bouncers could come to sort them out. Rufus had on that spot, threatened and promised to get back at Dayo.

"You can't hide forever from me, you should know", Rufus continued after taking another drag on his cigarette.

Dayo's wandering eyes caught a female figure sitting at a corner in the almost dark room. His brain was working at a fast rate. He was so sure that he had met her from somewhere but he didn't want to jump into conclusion so he waited for the right time.

"So how did you know that i lodged in that hotel?", Dayo asked, he had decided to play along like a fool besides there was nobody to help him. He was clearly at the mercy of Rufus and the human monster.

"I am Rufus the black beast", he bragged as he laughed at Dayo's question.

"Bimpe show face", Rufus called out in pidgin as his face became stony.

Dayo felt like murdering two persons at the same time. It was all a setup afterall, he had dined with the devil and chased away the 'angels'. He felt used. He could have turned into a suicide bomber if he was opportuned just to pay back.

"Darling...", Bimpe said as she winked at Dayo before planting a kiss on Rufus black lips.

Dayo showed her the middle finger. Another slap landed on his face but it didn't affect him much this time. He had gotten used to it quickly.

"Hahaha fo'ol, let's get down to business", Rufus said as he brought out a laptop before motioning Dayo to a seat.

"I would have wasted you here and now but i think you will be useful to me", Rufus spoke again.

"What do you want from me!?" Dayo suddenly shouted in anger.

He was lucky that the big guy was not near him. He had gone to the fridge to drink some fluid.

"Hmm...you have guts", Rufus commended him.

"I want you to provide the pin to your father's foreign account, we understand that you have access to it", Rufus added.

"No, you won't have it", Dayo stood up violently and pointed his index finger at him.

Rufus slowly flashed a pistol for him to see.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by DEllaluv(f): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Dts d knda trouble sleepn arnd brings
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
dis kind tin dey pain person......but Dayo bit more than he can chew
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dayo instantly tried to take advantage of the situation by trying to buy more time for his escape. He knew what would happen if he eventually agrees or disagrees to give Rufus the pin.

"No, you can't use that gun, you need me alive, don't you?", Dayo pleaded in a low tone.

Rufus bursted into another round of laughter. He was enjoying the emotional torture he was making Dayo pass through. Dayo was like a toy in his hands at that moment. However, he didn't believe he would get Dayo that easily.

His plans were working out smoothly. Someone had advised him to use a woman as a bait in getting him since that was his weakness. So, he used his girlfriend, Bimpe for the operation.

"Shut up and sit your a'ss down!", Rufus barked at him with a scowl.

Dayo sat gently, he was silently confessing his sins. He prayed fervently in his heart. His body temperature was cold despite the heat in the poorly ventilated room.

Rufus dropped the gun on the table. He opened the system's browser and logged into a website. He instructed Dayo to type in the security details of his father's account.

Dayo requested that his wallet and car keys be produced before they proceed.

Rufus stood up and moved to a nearby table. He came back and dropped the items beside the gun. He asked Dayo to confirm if it was complete. Dayo replied in the affirmative.

"I've done your bidding, it's time to do mine", Rufus said as he grinned.

With shaky hands, Dayo grabbed the laptop and as he was about to start typing, they heard a loud bang on the gate.

"Kunle, go check who dey for there!", Rufus ordered the 'human monster'.

Kunle angrily slapped Dayo on the head before bouncing out of the apartement. It was the right time to escape but Dayo was still confused on how to go about it.

"Wetin you still dey type?", Rufus said as he made a terrible mistake by trying to look at the laptop's screen.

Rufus had lost the guard on the gun. Dayo immediately shoved him to the ground and picked the gun almost at the same time. He pointed the gun at Rufus who was already pleading having realised his error.

Dayo smartly pocketed his stolen items while still monitoring Rufus' movement. Rufus suddenly jumped on Dayo and a fight ensued as he tried to disengage him from the gun.

They heard incoming footsteps. Dayo knew for certain that it was Kunle's. There was limited time for action. Adrenaline rush took over him as he pushed Rufus off him. He didn't know when he pressed the trigger.

There was a loud bang followed by a cry of agony. Dayo found a dark corner by the door and hid there. Kunle rushed into the apartment and moved straight to where Rufus was laying with pains. The bullet sunk into his left thigh.

Dayo stylishly crept out of the apartment but the creaky sound that emanated from the door gave him away. Nevertheless, he ran with full speed as he crossed the numerous rooms into the open space in the big compound.

Kunle followed him with top speed accompanied with a loud curse. As Dayo got close to the gate, he heard a thud sound. He looked back to see Kunle on the ground. He had ran so fast without noticing a thin sheet of barb wire lying carelessly on the ground. He got wounded badly.

Dayo opened the gate in a flash and continued running with full might while ocassionally checking to be sure if someone was not on his trail. He got to the bustop where he took a bike straight to the hotel. By this time, it was already close to 8pm.

He didn't sleep comfortably all through the night. The next morning, he checked out of the hotel. He concluded that his life was on the line as he drove back home.
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Dts d knda trouble sleepn arnd brings

Lool...sometimes ;-)
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
philtrum: dis kind tin dey pain person......but Dayo bit more than he can chew

i'll tell him to share those babes with us next time, he is a greedy kind...you know?
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by KingzPen(m): 12:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
Awesome is the name I call this update... Hmmmm... Awesome!!!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
KingzPen: Awesome is the name I call this update... Hmmmm... Awesome!!!

^^^
Coming from my teacher, thanks sir!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
#following#
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 10:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dhortunn:

i'll tell him to share those babes with us next time, he is a greedy kind...you know?

that one self go good......its so obvious that he needs help.......that's why God created men like us. #GoodJob brotherly
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 10:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dhortunn:

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by philtrum(m): 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
op hw va now?
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
Oh written in the stars A million miles away A message to the main Oh Seasons come and go But I will never change And I'm on my way Oh, oh, oh, oh... [3x]

Lool...that's a chorus from Tinie's hit track 'Written in the stars'...been humming to it all day.

UP NEPA!!!
Oops...
Update(s) rushing in!!!
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: #following#
You're welcome bro...

philtrum: that one self go good......its so obvious that he needs help.......that's why God created men like us. #GoodJob brotherly
Thanks boss
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2013
The following weeks were uneventful, as Dayo decided to pay a visit to one of his father's company in a neighbouring country since he felt that the environment was not safe for his head.

He needed a break from the hassles he had involved himself in.

He came back after a week and decided to hang out with some friends, so he called Yinka and Obinna, two members of his clique on phone. Pelumi was in far-away calabar probably or already hitting on the carnival babes.

They agreed to meet at an exclusive bar on Island. The trio had a nice time as they gisted with the endless flow of alcoholic drinks to the choking smoke that filled the air no thanks to 'Maryjane' (Marijuana).

Dayo was not a fan of sticks(cigarettes) but he never joked with his beer. The guys with him were bigs fans of both parties.

Yinka and Obinna could smoke a 6-inch rolled weed without battling an eye lid.

Little wonder, they were the most violent of his clique and somehow, they also had ladies around them.

"Dayo, our call-up letter don ready o", Yinka said all of a sudden while taking a sip from his tumbler filled with beer.

"Ehnehn?", Dayo and Obinna chorused.

"Ehn na...pesin just ping me", Yinka replied them as he flashed the message at them.

"No lele na, so na next year january be dat?", Obinna asked what was obvious.

"Sure, abi you wan go take style check dat your old sugar mummy?", Dayo joked.

They all bursted into laughter as Obinna playfully punched Dayo on his right arm.

"Ah! Omo ibo, se o fe pami ni?"(Do you want to kill me?), Dayo exclaimed in pain.

To say the punch was not destructive was far from the truth. Though, it was borne out of play, the actoon still had effect on his arms for some minutes.

Dayo wondered how a chain smoker like Obinna could have such powers in his fist. He was still deep in his thoughts when he remembered the power of soaked cassava, 'Akpu' made by the people from the east.

"Hey, barman!", a loud voice shouted from a part of the big bar.

The voice immediately stuck to his mind as he tried to guess where he last met someone with such voice.

He scanned the whole place till he saw someone he wasn't expecting to see, it was the 'human monster', Kunle.

1 Like

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Edetbless(f): 7:17am On Dec 10, 2013
Dis Dayo sef after such dangerous outing u had the past weeks i expected u to lie low 4 sum mnths o. . . .
Great writeup bros. Following u. . . .

1 Like

Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 10:51am On Dec 10, 2013
Edetbless: Dis Dayo sef after such dangerous outing u had the past weeks i expected u to lie low 4 sum mnths o. . . .
Great writeup bros. Following u. . . .

Thanks sugar...
I'm gon update in an hour or two because of your post ;-)
Re: At The Moment (ATM) by Dhortunn(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dayo concluded that it was time for real payback but he was still confused on how to carry out a successful plan in a limited time when he realised that his friends could help him out.

He narrated the whole ordeal to Yinka and Obinna while ocassionally peeking at the direction of Kunle to check if he was still in the bar.

They listened to Dayo with rapt attention as he laid out his plans to ambush Kunle. Obinna knew Kunle as an ex-convict that was jailed when he was caught during a failed robbery operation some years back. He was also a political thug and an 'expired' student on campus.

Yinka suggested a plan which they all liked and approved.

Dayo scrolled through his contacts and made a few numbers of voice call. He ended the calls after he was satisfied that the plan was going to work smoothly with the assurance of the contacts he had made.

Yinka walked across the long passage in the bar with a bottle of beer and a pack of cigarette to the secluded area where Kunle was seated. As expected, Kunle scrowled at him and asked him to leave but Yinka sweet-talked him into allowing them share the table.

Obinna and Dayo remained in their seats as they watched and monitored movements in and out of the bar. They were conscious of the fact that Kunle was quite dangerous and unpredictable.

Yinka on his part was a good talkative as he miraculously forced a smile from the stone-faced 'human monster'. Yinka even pushed it further by ordering a beer and a plate of peppersoup for him.

Gradually, Kunle got relaxed with Yinka as he drank more bottles of beer and ate more plates of soup. This was the main strategy they used in buying extra time. Like the saying goes 'If you want to get some truth from a drunk, drown him with drinks'. That was exactly what happened.

A call came in through Dayo's phone, he looked at the screen and smiled. It was time for the main show.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. / Lesley Arimah And Tochukwu Okafor Make 2019 Cain Prize Shortlist / Top 10 Nairaland Stories To Enjoy Over The Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.