Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Ask A Russian Guy Anything. - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (30458 Views)

Who Is Watching Head 2 Head Aljazeera, Mehdi Hassan Slaying A Russian MP, Nataly / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by drnoel: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2013
some username:
Nobody here understands it either.
From the first look it seems like tensions between national republics started to rise and Gorbachev decided to reform USSR into another union, less solid and with bigger responsibilities of national governments. But after USSR was disbanded and CIS was created Yeltsin suddenly usurped power in Russia, overthrew communists and banned communist party. Similar things happened in other republics except for Belarus and Belarus is the only country who is in CIS now except for Russia of course.

But if you dig deeper it seems like either Gorbachev himself or Yeltsin or both of them were either controlled by USA or were just outright CIA agents because what they did was pure traitory - they made it possible for our resources and scientific developments to be bought cheaply by Europe and US. The economy lay in ruins, people fled the country, starved, took drugs, forced each other into prostitution or mafia rings. As one of the ministers from that time said "We had no time to care about anything - we only had to destroy industry so that communists would never rise again".
People were overwhelmingly against USSR dissolution,yet Gorbachev allowed it to happen. Some strange snipers without uniforms were shooting and killing both supporters of Yeltsin, supporters of Parliament and even neutral military forces who tried to make opposing forces to negotiate. Thanks god it didn't slide into full-scale civil war.

Putin seems even a bigger mystery to everyone. He was appointed by Yeltsin and yet he basically saved Russia during the Chechen wars. He works perfectly in foreign politics but cannot make those corrupt asses to work good domestically. He is friends with some corrupt oligarchs and opposes other corrupt oligarchs. Nobody of common people knows what's going on there on top but at least Russia still exists and seems to be doing pretty well compared to 90s.
well said
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 50calibre(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
some username:
Nobody here understands it either.
From the first look it seems like tensions between national republics started to rise and Gorbachev decided to reform USSR into another union, less solid and with bigger responsibilities of national governments. But after USSR was disbanded and CIS was created Yeltsin suddenly usurped power in Russia, overthrew communists and banned communist party. Similar things happened in other republics except for Belarus and Belarus is the only country who is in CIS now except for Russia of course.

But if you dig deeper it seems like either Gorbachev himself or Yeltsin or both of them were either controlled by USA or were just outright CIA agents because what they did was pure traitory - they made it possible for our resources and scientific developments to be bought cheaply by Europe and US. The economy lay in ruins, people fled the country, starved, took drugs, forced each other into prostitution or mafia rings. As one of the ministers from that time said "We had no time to care about anything - we only had to destroy industry so that communists would never rise again".
People were overwhelmingly against USSR dissolution,yet Gorbachev allowed it to happen. Some strange snipers without uniforms were shooting and killing both supporters of Yeltsin, supporters of Parliament and even neutral military forces who tried to make opposing forces to negotiate. Thanks god it didn't slide into full-scale civil war.

Putin seems even a bigger mystery to everyone. He was appointed by Yeltsin and yet he basically saved Russia during the Chechen wars. He works perfectly in foreign politics but cannot make those corrupt asses to work good domestically. He is friends with some corrupt oligarchs and opposes other corrupt oligarchs. Nobody of common people knows what's going on there on top but at least Russia still exists and seems to be doing pretty well compared to 90s.

My dear Russian, you may not know this, but the highlighted is an insult not just to the people on this forum, but to Nigerians as a whole.

There are people on this forum who know so much about your beloved Russia.

Please refrain from making assumptions like this, it could be misinterpreted.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by tjfulloption(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
why is the russian govt backing or protecting of the Asad govt in a deadly chemical attack on her citiziens when the obama administartion and others was considering a military strick in syria?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by babseg(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
Some username, how did you get to know about nairaland
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by naijaspeak(m): 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
Why is Russia standing on the way of Ukraine joining the European Union?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by osystein(m): 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
50calibre:

My dear Russian, you may not know this, but the highlighted is an insult not just to the people on this forum, but to Nigerians as a whole.

I think he was referring to the people of Russia.

9 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by ayyoshert: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
Want to know if present day Russians are really descendants of the ancient warrior tribe the HUNS and also if my perception that an average russian is taller and stronger than other Europeans true.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by JadeWilliam(f): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
Magic Bishop:

how much for russian pr0stitute?
Y shld u ask abt prostitudes?Stop showin urself

World AIDS day team: Abstinence is d best protection til u settle dwn wit a negative patner.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
some username:
No. Russia doesn't have enough navy or bases to get sufficient amount of troops to Africa, not mentioning that we cannot completely defeat a country with several millions of people even if you were right on the border with us, since you'd just go full partisan and we will get stuck in whoever we are fighting against like USSR was stuck in Afghanistan. Though if by victory you mean just overthrowing some government I think we can actually do it even without engaging in conflict, just fund some rebels, send some agents and provide weapons CIA style.
If you mean just Russian army, navy and airforce vs Nigerian army, navy and airforce agains each other in neighboring countries without using any 'unfair' tactics like using civilians or kids, then ofc we win, I think there won't be much trouble in winning over Egypt or SA as well or any of the 3 mentioned combined. We have air superiority, long range rockets to destroy infrastructure and high valuable targets like command posts, anti-air and anti-rocket defense to keep rocketry and cold war era airfighters/bombers at bay and sattelites to provide the data on enemy.

Yes, they are a small country, their airforce is very small although very advanced compared to its neighbors, their navy is weak, their land army is tough but still a lot smaller than ours and not much more advanced. They have good anti-rocket defense (Iron dome) but I doubt it can hold against a bunch of BM-something MRLs. Israeli force is very good at dealing with technologically inferior enemies, for everybody else they have US. The biggest threat which comes from Israel is not their army or air force though, its their fleet of nuclear ICBM equipped subs which will retaliate to everyone in case Israel falls.

There are lots of articles on that in Russian but very few in English. Read this: http://www.eesti.ca/from-upper-volta-with-missiles-to-nigeria-with-snow/print38839
damn!
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by sarutobie(m): 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
Heard chess is inculcated into the curriculum of the schools in russia,how true is that?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by JadeWilliam(f): 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
babseg: Some username, how did you get to know about nairaland
Good question Jack Bauer.I was wondering too or is he an impostor?

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Jade William:
So d Mr Higher than Average; Where's al this confidence comin frm?U think u'r smarter than Nigerians or what?Frm ur posts,ur English is whack&ur punctutions' re apology yet u claim 2hav knowledge of English. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin Try to complete your words dear, you are complaining, while you are also guilty of improper grammatical expression.

7 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
you might even be an ijebu man claiming to be russian. with google and google translate by my side i can be a chinese man though lol grin

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
some username:

You still lack soul.
lol
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 50calibre(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
Dear Russian! Since I already know a lot about your country, I will like to ask you a few questions, not because I don't know the answer, but will like to get the perspective of a Russian.

1 - What do you feel about the Russian military, most people in the west believes russia operates a worn out military with dilapidated hardware, how real is this, & what do you & other Russians feel about your nation's nuclear stockpiles.

2 - This subject has baffled me for quite sometime, why is mail order bride so popular in Russia? that is men being able to order a bride online.

3 - Ive seen the anti-Putin protests in Russia, even western propaganda to ensure Putin wasn't elected again, yet they failed.

The protests still pop up once in a while, but what I want to know, is the anti-Putin sentiment shared by majority of Russians, because to me & some other hardliners elsewhere, Putin is a hero, a hard man, a man the world needs to create a balance, what do you & other Russians feel about the man.

4 - Do most Russians support the conviction & incarceration of pu*sy riot to other controversial issues like criminalising homosexuality, Sergei Magnitsky, the detention of British green peace activists?

5 - Finally! Do you have communist ideologies? Are you among the many who believe Russia is a shadow of its former self.

Thanks
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by JadeWilliam(f): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
tellwsdom: Op, who are you and why would you want to lecture us on Russia??

Is there African dish in Russia??
There's nothing wrong wit gettin 2knw other countries if u hav an enlightened persn 2tel u abt it but how sure ar we dat he's tellin d whole truth&wot his true mission is on Nairaland. lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by nnasino(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
Op, what is russia's main industry? What is d mainstay of russia's economy?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by JadeWilliam(f): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
Magic Bishop:

how can i be organ trafficker?
Hia!! C dis guy o.Do u want 2start killing Nigerians 2harvest&traffick their organs 2mak blood money.

This is how kidnappin starts.So if paraventure he gives u link 2such, u'l start d business.God help us wit these Get rich quick kind of guys in dis country
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 76Naira(m): 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
Stop being suspicious. Welcome to the internet age. I sometimes look for local China sites to get good deals. Enjoy his time and stop wondering about his mission on Nairaland.

@ OP, I have about 9 Russian colleagues, few based in Sakhalin. An uncle is also married to a Russian. Nice people to know...especially if you can DRINK!

4 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by anulaxad(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
some username: There are racists but they are few and nobody considers them seriously. And even they don't really care about blacks, they mostly hate on caucasians (chechens and dagestanis) and immigrants from Central Asia (from different -stans, like Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan etc). That anger is almost all deserved though, they behave horribly here. There isn't a week without some news about a bunch of chechens starting shooting in Moscow or illegal immigrants from Tajikistan kidnapping and raping some russian girl.

For example here in Siberia we have lots of native mongoloids (mostly yakuts and buryats) and nobody even thinks about discriminating against them. I have never heard of a single ethnic fight between russians and natives here.

That means they're racist, and do not try telling me they do not hate on blacks Russia by far is the most communist and anti-black country in the world,I've have russian friends and their parents are very immoral.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
osystein:

I think he was referring to the people of Russia.

I tire for 50calibre oo.

Well, Russian, I read a novel sometimes ago that made me hate Russia kind of, it was about how KGB kept some American POW in a forest and made them teach their youth English and american mannerism just to infiltrate the american society. It was a touching story. embarassed

Anyway, I like you sha.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
babaearly: you might even be an ijebu man claiming to be russian. with google and google translate by my side i can be a chinese man though lol grin

I doubt this guy is an ijebu man oo grin
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
Jade William:
So d Mr Higher than Average; Where's al this confidence comin frm?U think u'r smarter than Nigerians or what?Frm ur posts,ur English is whack&ur punctutions' re apology yet u claim 2hav knowledge of English. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Judging from what I've read so far, he writes better than you.

18 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by adisa204(m): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
Ya all should follow me on instagram @adisa204real abeg
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
Jade William:
Try and understand what he meant before jumping the gun. He said he has a higher than average knowledge of English when compared to his fellow Russians. He neither said his English is perfect nor he has a higher IQ than Nigerians.

Your English is not the best either so stop judging.

11 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2013

7 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by IAMBREEZY: 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
some username:

You still lack soul.
lol that's a good answer.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
rigormortis: did your grandfather overdose on vodka?

are you a communist pig?

it gets really cold over there, are there any virgins left in Russia?

is your uncle in the KGB?

can you play Russian roulette?

are there comedians in Russia..why is everybody so serious over there?

are you a Nigerian student.......I read what you said...just asking again?

are you very sure of your answer to the above question?

do you know anyone whose name doesnt end with -ski or -rov

do you wish you were American?

is it snowing outside?...does it ever stop?

do you need a refrigerator in Russia?

what did you do with the body of the American that taught you English?....don't tell me you didn't kill him/her....the dirty capitalist

are Russian girls cold towards foreigners or is it the weather?

lastly..

do you think I am a spy?

some username:
No, on cigarettes.

No.

Average age of losing virginity in Russia is 18.

No. KGB only remains in Belarus now, we have FSB here.

Everybody can do it.

We are not serious, we just are so good in comedy that we can joke about anything with straight faces.

No.

Yes.

I don't know anyone who has such name, but know one guy with -rov ending family name. Also -ski is west slavic (aka polish) ending of family name and not russian while -rov is only when something ending with «r» gets -ov ending. I have -ov ending but not -rov.

No.

Yes, it will stop in April or May.

Yes, but many people have underground storage in the garages where they store potato or other crops because the temperature there is always below zero thanks to permafrost.

I left him live his miserable NEET life, so that he would proceed to masturbate to cartoons and store his piss in bottles.

Russian girls love foreigners especially rich ones.

No, spy would have known all that and wouldn't waste his time in this forsaken place.
LMAO!! I can't. grin grin grin
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Vanityupnvanity(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mr Russian where are you now? abi you son run?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Meegan: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
50calibre:

Learn to understand before u make ur own assumptions. He said "nobody here(Russia) understands it". Nairaland ITK

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by opylas(m): 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
50calibre:

Bro, by "here", I think he meant over there in Russia.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Russia Wants Ukraine War To End, The Sooner The Better - Putin / THE 50 Most Powerful Men In The World 2009!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.