Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,664 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms (1127 Views)

Lagos Bar Where Male Sex Workers Hustle For Clients / Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms / I Found A Box Of Condoms In His Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms by enejihotmailc: 5:33am On Nov 22, 2013
In Kenya 1.5 million people are living with HIV, and there are about 100,000 new infections every year. Despite this, some sex workers are having unprotected sex - and taking antiretroviral drugs afterwards to cut the infection risk. How reckless is this?

"Let me tell you the truth about why many of us don't use condoms," says Sheila who has been a prostitute in Nairobi's Korogocho slum for six years.

"We don't have money, and when you meet a client who offers to give you more money than you usually get, you have sex without protection even when you don't know his HIV status."

Read more: http://www.frontiersnews.com/index.php/component/content/article/44-foreign-news/6583--sex-workers-using-anti-hiv-drugs-instead-of-condoms
Re: Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms by radioactive(f): 5:49am On Nov 22, 2013
Now, how dumb is that? How hard can it be for them to reason that they would need even more money to stay alive if they get infected? But then, a right thinking person wouldn't decide to become a sex worker to earn a living in the first place. As always, they blame it on poverty. Why engage in prostitution just to 'keep body and soul together' and then knowingly acquire a disease that threatens your very existence?
Re: Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 22, 2013
@op,,,,re u nt a 9jerian?? Wetin carry u go china??
Re: Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms by Burger01(m): 6:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Actually there is Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) daily drugs that people who are not infected with HIV take to reduce the risk of infection.. Still, I believe this is not 100% safe.
Re: Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 22, 2013
wow!
Re: Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms by immortalvoices(m): 7:01am On Nov 22, 2013
No drug is hundred percent effective, this people should be informed properly...

Ignorance is a disease, when the time of paying the PRICE (suffering and death) no PRIZE (money) will be enough
Re: Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 22, 2013
Cool story bro. undecided
Re: Sex Workers Using Anti-hiv Drugs Instead Of Condoms by Abbey2sam(m): 12:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
radioactive: Now, how dumb is that? How hard can it be for them to reason that they would need even more money to stay alive if they get infected? But then, a right thinking person wouldn't decide to become a sex worker to earn a living in the first place. As always, they blame it on poverty. Why engage in prostitution just to 'keep body and soul together' and then knowingly acquire a disease that threatens your very existence?

Don't judge them

(1) (Reply)

What Re D Probs Of Guys Dat Lve SEX / A Girl Living With HIV Was Recently Raped By Close Friend, Shares Her Story / I Toast Her Work Colleague Who Turn Me Down And She Hate Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.