Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,231 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (159222 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
I have a budget of 2.5m, what should I expect. Meanwhile how will your service cover akwa ibom state

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:03am On Jul 06, 2016
We are already in Uyo. Has the budget been passed? Let me know when you are ready
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 06, 2016
sooperrescue:
We are already in Uyo. Has the budget been passed? Let me know when you are ready

Saraki, ekweremadu, akpabio and dino will pass the budget by September. they need to unpad the budget. so we can start assessing the rides you have (godanie06677@yahoo.com)

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2016
Hope the General will find a biro to sign the budget. Till september then, will send you some photos
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 07, 2016
sooperrescue:
Hope the General will find a biro to sign the budget. Till september then, will send you some photos
. THANKS
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Yeecar(m): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
sooperrescue:
Congrats and welcome to the club. I will suggest that you stop driving the car before you destroy the gearbox. There is no oil in the gear and the fibers will get burnt if you still drive the car. Fix the gear first before we talk about the other issues

Thanks alot bro, what do you suggest i do as per the gearbox
I noticed there is still gear oil in the cintainer. What is the optimum quantity?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please where is the shop in uyo
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Yeecar:

I noticed there is still gear oil in the cintainer. What is the optimum quantity?

Which container abeg?? Gear oil inside container?? You sure don't know your car Sir.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:30am On Jul 08, 2016
Yeecar:

where is the range rover? Can it be driven to the workshop so that we can help you fix all these faults. I suggest that you call me in order to arrange a visit. 08098534267
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:32am On Jul 08, 2016
Call this number 07068814644. He is the manager of the workshop in Uyo
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2016
sooperrescue:
Call this number 07068814644. He is the manager of the workshop in Uyo

Thanks, I hope he is as good
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Durchmann(m): 10:59am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello Boss Sooperrescue!

I've been following this thread for ages now and hope to get a RRS HSE 2006 - 2009 someday soon.

However, the issue is, that would be my first car and I would like to ask if that's advisable.

You're very well-mouthed in issues regarding the Land Rover Family and so i would like to ask you opinion on that.

The SUV would be used for normal day to day movements in the city from my home to my place of work and maybe a trip out of Lagos once in a while. It will work O, not Sunday-Sunday medicine. so I wanted to ask your opinion. Friends and colleagues tell me I shouldn't go for one due to it's going to be my first and the repairs and maintenance may be pricey but I can't help my love for the machine though. I've decided to keep mum and sometimes, my heart says I should just do an Infiniti FX35 or the Lexus RX330 [I detest this one cos its everywhere these days].

What's your take, sir? And please, be frank with me. I can take any opinion good or bad. I'm a carefree man. smiley

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:17am On Jul 09, 2016
Welcome to the club in advance. Even vw passat owners are scared of the high maintenance cost. Range Rover Sport as a first car is a priviledge that only God allows. But being your first car, you must know how to drive and drive well. That said, rrs requires directors as their owners, those who will fix a problem when it arises and not allowing it to become a major issue like a range that i am fixing now that is costing the oener over 700k in repairs. The number 1 issue to do is always ensure that you use the right engine oil for the range. The engine oil is vital to the performance of the range and any lower standard oil will bring unpleasant results which might cause overheating and engine failure. Other brands fail easily when they use regular unleaded fuel but the rrs is still on the road until you begin to see reduced engine performance, then you need to get octane booster for your fuel because rrs requires premium unleaded fuel only. The cost of keeping the range on the road is low if you follow the maintenance routine. Your battery in the rrs must be good at all times and any bulb failure must be changed promptly with the right ampere. Air suspension is another part of the rrs that requires attention. The bushings wellbeing is a guide to a lasting air suspension, so ensure that they are in order. The balloons are not expensive as they claim, it is less than the price of a mercedes benz e class air suspension balloon whose toks balloon on one side can buy two new balloons for the range sport. Dont be afraid of the fears of friends, a range rover sport will give you issues when your mechanic is not up to date with repairs and diagnostics which is now an online issue costing over 28000 for a 24hrs access to range rover technical site. Who will bear the cost?

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by warchild00: 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
My Range Showed Reduced Engine Performance.. Abeg Where Can I Get Octane Boosters and How Much is It
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
warchild00:
My Range Showed Reduced Engine Performance.. Abeg Where Can I Get Octane Boosters and How Much is It
Got one from my fuel vendor, check filling stations
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
We sell octane boosters. We can send to in any location across Nigeria. Call us for price.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Durchmann(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
sooperrescue:
Welcome to the club in advance. Even vw passat owners are scared of the high maintenance cost. Range Rover Sport as a first car is a priviledge that only God allows. But being your first car, you must know how to drive and drive well. That said, rrs requires directors as their owners, those who will fix a problem when it arises and not allowing it to become a major issue like a range that i am fixing now that is costing the oener over 700k in repairs. The number 1 issue to do is always ensure that you use the right engine oil for the range. The engine oil is vital to the performance of the range and any lower standard oil will bring unpleasant results which might cause overheating and engine failure. Other brands fail easily when they use regular unleaded fuel but the rrs is still on the road until you begin to see reduced engine performance, then you need to get octane booster for your fuel because rrs requires premium unleaded fuel only. The cost of keeping the range on the road is low if you follow the maintenance routine. Your battery in the rrs must be good at all times and any bulb failure must be changed promptly with the right ampere. Air suspension is another part of the rrs that requires attention. The bushings wellbeing is a guide to a lasting air suspension, so ensure that they are in order. The balloons are not expensive as they claim, it is less than the price of a mercedes benz e class air suspension balloon whose toks balloon on one side can buy two new balloons for the range sport. Dont be afraid of the fears of friends, a range rover sport will give you issues when your mechanic is not up to date with repairs and diagnostics which is now an online issue costing over 28000 for a 24hrs access to range rover technical site. Who will bear the cost?

Thanks sir

I knew you won't disappoint with your usual advice mixed with humour.

My mind is made. You'll hear from me soon as long as God keeps us alive.

Meanwhile, I no be director O, but i understand your point on early detection and fixing of issues.

Thanks again sir.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks and Expecting you soon
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by warchild00: 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
Sup Boss.. Got The Octane Booster From Your Delivery Guy... Used It as per your instructions.. Refueled 3 times. Poured 2 at 1st Refuel... 2 again the 2nd time and once now... I have gotten The Reduced Engine Performance Signal 2wice now after the 1st time i got it and started using the octane booster...Making A Total Of three times Now. It Flashes when i tried to step on the accelerator maybe because I want to overtake a Container or Long Truck.. Is there anything else i need to do to avoid the Reduced Engine Performance Prompt or just continue with the Octane Booster? That’s the only warning signal I get from my Range. Because I hate any warning signals on my Dashboard and I attend to them promptly even when i was using my previous cars. If there is anything like changing my Plugs or Services the Injector Nozzles to avoid Reduced Engine Performance... Also I am New to RR and Just Got it like 2 months ago. When I got it I did an Oil Change and All and Used Mobil 1. Now I know better because of this Thread. I plan on changing it to Either Castrol Oil or Any 5w30 Oil as Recommended in like 2 months time. Can this be a cause for the Engine Performance Reduced Prompt or I just keep on using the Octane Booster. I have just used 5 out of the pack sent to me on 3 Fuel Ups
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:32am On Jul 19, 2016
Can you get the range scanned? Also how clean is your air filter? Continue using the booster, it will adjust. Does the range go off when the warning sign appears? Another advise is to take the range for a long drive and let the nozzles open up. Most times, we hardly use the range for what it is.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by warchild00: 6:28am On Jul 19, 2016
I would clean the Air Filter and Continue using the booster... The Range Still Moves and Doesnt Go Off When the signal appears, Just notice the speed reduces. Go Off Ke.. I For Don Dey Mental.. Lol...(GOD NO GO ALLOW THAT) smiley smiley smiley Honestly I have hardly taken it on any long die. Just withing my immediate proximity. I would take it on long drives and open up the Noozles.. Thanks Bro.. Make 1 Mechanic Wey Get Blood No Use Me Chop Unnecessarily.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2016
Hahaha, change the air filter not clean o. It should be changed at every oil change. Saves fuel too and boost the performance because air and fuel makes every car to combust and burn
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by warchild00: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2016
Ok.. It Would Be Changed Today... Abeg Any Idea of The Cost.... Make Den no Chop Me Finish... 08 RR Sports...... Thanks
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2016
Bros, spend money biko. I cannot tell that, it varies from area to area, let my colleagues Still chop

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 8:53am On Jul 23, 2016
warchild00:
Sup Boss.. Got The Octane Booster From Your Delivery Guy... Used It as per your instructions.. Refueled 3 times. Poured 2 at 1st Refuel... 2 again the 2nd time and once now... I have gotten The Reduced Engine Performance Signal 2wice now after the 1st time i got it and started using the octane booster...Making A Total Of three times Now. It Flashes when i tried to step on the accelerator maybe because I want to overtake a Container or Long Truck.. Is there anything else i need to do to avoid the Reduced Engine Performance Prompt or just continue with the Octane Booster? That’s the only warning signal I get from my Range. Because I hate any warning signals on my Dashboard and I attend to them promptly even when i was using my previous cars. If there is anything like changing my Plugs or Services the Injector Nozzles to avoid Reduced Engine Performance... Also I am New to RR and Just Got it like 2 months ago. When I got it I did an Oil Change and All and Used Mobil 1. Now I know better because of this Thread. I plan on changing it to Either Castrol Oil or Any 5w30 Oil as Recommended in like 2 months time. Can this be a cause for the Engine Performance Reduced Prompt or I just keep on using the Octane Booster. I have just used 5 out of the pack sent to me on 3 Fuel Ups

If you have scanned this car and not gotten any codes you simply have a current leak around your fuel system (coils, plugs or nozzles). Physically inspect the coils and check spark plugs clearances....

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 12:22am On Jul 26, 2016
Hi guys I need help on where I can buy a 2007 Range Rover sports bodyshell (damaged=no engine and gearbox) mine was badly hit from behind so I need to replace the body she'll I wanna know how much it could cost me and and where could I buy one
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:36am On Jul 26, 2016
Can't your range be repaired? Let me ask around. You can send me your number by sms
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2016
I have found one for you. Get in touch so that we see your range that we want to work on.08098534267
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2016
Hi I'm trying to call you since morning and apparently I can't reach Ur number I think it's a network issue, actually I live in Cameroon and my range is in some other city, it has been down for over a year so I have a Nigerian mechanic who told me I could find help here on nairaland and also my engine is give a Lil bit of trouble it doesn't fire up as it has to it can be driven like that but can't really perform on high speeds would also like to know how much an engine would cost me mine is not a supercharged, and as for the body she'll i'll like to know how much it would cost me, if it's a good price I would have someone transport it for me
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:04am On Aug 02, 2016
Every one is getting diesel powered range rover sport these days but i advise that good diesel cleaners should be used to ensure Cleaner injectors. This 2012 sdv6 us suffering from our diesel sold here in the country..

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
sooperrescue:
Every one is getting diesel powered range rover sport these days but i advise that good diesel cleaners should be used to ensure Cleaner injectors. This 2012 sdv6 us suffering from our diesel sold here in the country..
Diesel is cheaper in the long run, gives you more miles/gallon, and more power

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (50) (Reply)

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.