Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (154382 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 7:12am On May 30, 2017
erico2k2:

And U create a new profile cos of this right

Sort of sir,,its nt jst 'this'..its a big problem
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:39am On Jun 14, 2017
There is this restricted performance on the Range Rover Evoque that brings out these fault codes P0300, P0303 and P1315. These faults are caused by driving in the rain and the water enters the inter cooler which now condenses the engine and the engine performance dips with the restricted performance warning sign coming o. For those using aluminum oils, an engine overhaul is necessary while those using the correct specified oil will require an update to the ecu q237. Be wise, use the correct oil

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by StreetKingEnt: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2017
sooperrescue:
Interior update, now available, dashboard, roof, door mat and seats

How Much Would this cost for the full work dashboard, roof, door mat and seat.. Also my car drops to bump after parking for like 4hours... They said it was the baloons in the front, i have changed both yet it still does the same..
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:09am On Jun 16, 2017
Where is the range? I will be in Abuja for all of next week but we can still fix it even if I am not there. We can send our tow truck to pick it up since it is on bumps
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by StreetKingEnt: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2017
its not on its bumps wen i start.. it comes to normal height, its only wen i parkfor like 4hours thr front drops totally..
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
There is a leakage somewhere
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by azubyky: 8:21am On Jun 25, 2017
Pls nobody should derail this thread am jst lovin it.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2017
Thanks, another issue might be the height sensors. I am back to town now and we shall be open on Wednesday. We are also now an official partner with Axamansard insurance and part of the advantages is you get free roadside assistance 24 hours anywhere in Lagos. The roadside assistance is exclusively for interested members that are insured comprehensively through our platform. Part of our services includes taking your vehicle to the computerized physical vehicle inspection center to get your roadworthy certificate genuinely and the best news is that you can obtain your tinted permit at the center once all modalities are instituted but you must come in person to obtain the permit and the best news is that the police is bringing the biometric cmr to the center too. All these reforms spearheaded by Autowatch on radio 103.5fm and Rescue and Recovery Nigeria. The essence of the bcmr is that once you present the card when stopped by the police and you present the card to them, it eliminates the delay. No need to be wary of the police.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:45am On Jun 25, 2017
Forwarded

Hello,
Good Morning all
Read some very interesting post on the forum
Would like to share experiences and thrills on this platform

Own a 2011 Range Rover Sports and 2008 Jaguar XJ8. Both in great condition.

For the 1st time since 2012 on the Range Rover suspension fault come up on the screen and the car appear to be leaning to the right rear side (passenger side) . This corrected when it started and ran the engine but the suspension fault is still showing.

Would appreciate experience with anyone who has experienced this.

Again, Good Forum

TFini
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:54am On Jun 27, 2017
It's official, Autowatch on radio has made the tinted permit to move down to the Ojodu computerized center from next month and it's free. Don't let anyone deceive you. The biometric capture must be physical so no proxy and you can also get your bcmr done there together with the roadworthy certificate and with over 41 insurance companies to choose from, then you are good to go anywhere across Nigeria. This is the outcome of the efforts of the National Security summit. Take advantage now and secure your vehicle.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by lukman22: 8:55am On Jun 29, 2017
Please i need clarifications here. Is the castrol EDGE sold by Eterna oil not original ? Kindly explain why u said we should avoid them.
Thanks
sooperrescue:
Be wary of the engine oil that you put in your range rover. I recommend Castrol edge extended performance, advanced full synthetic and not the one sold by Eterna oil.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
The castrol edge professional 5w20 sold by eternal oil is an api sl, ilsac 3 which according to api is not forward compatible but ideal for cars below 2002. It cannot be mistaken for the oil that the 2010 models of range rovers requires.. The one sold by Eternal oil is from South Africa and as such it is not suitable for range rovers from the Usa market fot which majority of the vehicles hail from . It is also ilsac 3 of which ilsac has termed obsolete sdvising everyone to go for the current oil ilsac 5 which oil is suitable for the currrnt vehicles. The other product sold by them is the green can castrol gtx 5w30 and if you are not careful to read the label, will think that it is full synthetic whereas it is synthetic blend. They have another called castrol edge 5w40 for which we dont know the category to place it. Castrol edge extended performance is what 5 w30 is in a higher level and that is coming directly from North America and for their market and the vehicles from their market.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by azubyky: 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
Simplep:

Sort of sir,,its nt jst 'this'..its a big problem
U need jesus..
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
Breaking News, the Nigerian Customs service has withdrawn the illegal checkpoints across Nigeria except those within 40kms radius to the borders. For Lagos, the last checkpoint should be at Agbara. Anyone beyond that point is illegal. Drive your Range with ease now, go anywhere.....
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2017
sooperrescue:
Breaking News, the Nigerian Customs service has withdrawn the illegal checkpoints across Nigeria except those within 40kms radius to the borders. For Lagos, the last checkpoint should be at Agbara. Anyone beyond that point is illegal. Drive your Range with ease now, go anywhere.....
These Guys nor dey hear word oh,This was how I rake and told a police man on the east west rd that thier Oga has asked them and created a list of what they (Police*) could ask for on the high way, their response* That nah Oga own for office nah we dey road* grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by eddy42k(m): 4:48am On Aug 31, 2017
i have been following your thread and its very informative...pls i intend buying a 2010 RRS 3.0tdv6.
the Diesel powered version i kinda prefer it over the petrol, pls do you think am making a good choice if not pls advice...thanks sir
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:19am On Aug 31, 2017
Where is the diesel to power the car?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by eddy42k(m): 7:26am On Aug 31, 2017
sooperrescue:
Where is the diesel to power the car?
the engine is diesel powered TDV6 engine
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2017
I know but we don't have good diesel to power these cars except you look for good additives and be selective of where to buy diesel
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by JohnKester: 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good evening Sooperrescue

I stumbled on this thread while I was researching Land Rover LR3, which hopefully shall be my next vehicle. This thread has given me a boost of confidence and I can now confidently say that I am interested in the 2008 model V8 HSE. What is your candid advice?

I am based in Port Harcourt, so I would like to know if your outfit is now operational in Port Harcourt. It would be good to know that I have reliable hands that would help keep my LR3 healthy and happy, when I eventually get it. The address and contact information would be in order.

Can you help source a sound direct tokunbo (foreign used) or a sound very clean, well-maintained Nigerian Used 2008 LR3, V8 HSE preferably with the DVD so that the children can be kept entertained when traveling on long trips. A 2008 already upgraded to 2012 would be preferable also.

Awaiting your earliest response.

Many thanks

Cheers
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
Welcome to the club. You have nothing to fear. Once you buy the car, i will move to Ph just to honour you. I have an Lr4 but without engine for 3m maybe that will be a good buy and order the engine and you will now have a new 2011 lr4.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by JohnKester: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2017
sooperrescue:
Welcome to the club. You have nothing to fear. Once you buy the car, i will move to Ph just to honour you. I have an Lr4 but without engine for 3m maybe that will be a good buy and order the engine and you will now have a new 2011 lr4.

Thanks for the response.

Regarding the LR4, Kindly help me with answers to the following questions to enable me give it a thought:

What the is the state of the LR4? Was it involved in an accident? and exactly what happened to the Engine?
How was the maintenance culture of the previous owner?
Is it Foreign or Nigerian used? If Nigerian used, was it bought brand new? If not, for how long was it used by the previous owner?
What is the capacity of the engine?
What is the trim SE, HSE or LUX?
Is the engine to be ordered a brand new one or a used one?
How much would the engine cost? And how much would you charge to mount the engine?

I will send you a chat on WhatsApp, using my username here. We can continue the discussion on that platform. In addition, I will appreciate if you can send me pictures of the LR4.

Cheers
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2017
Pk
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Abudu2000(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
It says Range Rover sports on the title, not range rover Evoque grin can i join the club abi i should come and be going cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by aboyaji(m): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
Best thread I've read so far. I'm a fan of Range Rover sport. I've made a lot of researches online about this beautiful brand. Range Rover is my crush in terms of automobiles. I've read all the comments from 0-18th page just today. Nice one, Op.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by aboyaji(m): 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
Abudu2000:
It says Range Rover sports on the title, not range rover Evoque grin can i join the club abi i should come and be going cheesy cheesy.
just pack your Evogue here jejely and share your experience.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
It was Range Rover Sports club in 2012, but right now it is still Range Rover with other addition like the Evoque, Lr2,3,4, and the Range Rover ultimate for the bigger boys. How are you coping with the Evoque? Nice car but not water friendly.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by aboyaji(m): 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
sooperrescue:
It was Range Rover Sports club in 2012, but right now it is still Range Rover with other addition like the Evoque, Lr2,3,4, and the Range Rover ultimate for the bigger boys. How are you coping with the Evoque? Nice car but not water friendly.

Which means, this range Rover brand has issues beyond our understanding. If you chase it from here, it'll leak from another angle. Which model is just excellent? Like no delicate issues to face. Can't they make one not to have all these problems? Well, I know they can, but maybe, that's a source of revenue for them.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2017
It was the 2012 Evoque that has this fault. Even Land Rover had to buy back that model from the owners. If there is P1315, p0300 and p0303 on any Evoque, an upgrade is required. All models are very good but maintenance is key.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by aboyaji(m): 8:55am On Sep 11, 2017
I made some researches sometimes last month and got to Land Rover official website where people also air their views on the brand. Mehn, what I read off the website wasn't encouraging. Though, there were few who had no problems using the product, but 70% of the comments were not happy with their experiences.

There was this nurse among the commenters who bought a new Range Rover approximately #12 million naira when converted, and encountered many problems within the same week of purchase. She cussed Range Rover out.

And a guy who said the Range Rover he got stopped on the highway as he was commuting. The notification lights came on and engine had to stop just immediately. He had to tow it to a Range Rover garage.

Another thing is that, the Range Rover after-sales-service in the US and UK are not trying for their customers. Users showed displeasure in the Land Rover website too. From not picking calls to nonchalant attitudes from the staff and the delay they get while fixing a particular problem.
Some take 2 months to fix a crashed headlamp or all these minor faults in the SUV. (well, it's all these white man protocols that I blame).

But, all in all, it doesn't stop my love for Range Rover

Op, if you were in the UK or US, and with this your attitude and dedication, you'd make much money. I know what I'm saying. You already know what you're doing and as I can see, you are swift, kind and polite. You know very much about this brand.

Gracias.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ciouxox(m): 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
sooperrescue:
Bros, you for share pictures, it might tempt some of us grin grin grin
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
aboyaji:
I made some researches sometimes last month and got to Land Rover official website where people also air their views on the brand. Mehn, what I read off the website wasn't encouraging. Though, there were few who had no problems using the product, but 70% of the comments were not happy with their experiences.

There was this nurse among the commenters who bought a new Range Rover approximately #12 million naira when converted, and encountered many problems within the same week of purchase. She cussed Range Rover out.

And a guy who said the Range Rover he got stopped on the highway as he was commuting. The notification lights came on and engine had to stop just immediately. He had to tow it to a Range Rover garage.

Another thing is that, the Range Rover after-sales-service in the US and UK are not trying for their customers. Users showed displeasure in the Land Rover website too. From not picking calls to nonchalant attitudes from the staff and the delay they get while fixing a particular problem.
Some take 2 months to fix a crashed headlamp or all these minor faults in the SUV. (well, it's all these white man protocols that I blame).

But, all in all, it doesn't stop my love for Range Rover

Op, if you were in the UK or US, and with this your attitude and dedication, you'd make much money. I know what I'm saying. You already know what you're doing and as I can see, you are swift, kind and polite. You know very much about this brand.

Gracias.

Don't mind those busybody complainants . There is always something to complain about.To me Range Rover service center have been wonderful to me.I cnt fault them.They even write to you for software update .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.