Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

What A Wierd Question From Guys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What A Wierd Question From Guys (4834 Views)

Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media / New Way Ladies Beg For Money From Guys Which They Can Never Refuse / Must See Things girls Hide From guys (VERY IMPORTANT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Wierd Question From Guys by nneh1(f): 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
Seriously I don't understand what on earth is happening. Why must the 1st question a guy will ask a girl is how old are you without even asking her name esp all these nairaland boys. Yes I call them boys.some have not even seen you and the conversation goes
Guy; hello
Girl; good day
Guy; how are u
Girl; I'm fine and u?
Guy; how old are u??
No what is ur name,who are u etc?
Pls is this reasonable in this era or am I missing something bcs it irritates me.
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by sonofanarchy(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
lipsrsealed but how old are you now

9 Likes

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by dBard: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
undecided undecided

Sounds about 17 to me..
Max ..19
grin
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Danhumprey: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
OP,how old are you? sad angry angry angry angry angry sad angry angry angry sad sad angry
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by UyiIredia(m): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
nneh1: Seriously I don't understand what on earth is happening. Why must the 1st question a guy will ask a girl is how old are you without even asking her name esp all these nairaland boys. Yes I call them boys.some have not even seen you and the conversation goes
Guy; hello
Girl; good day
Guy; how are u
Girl; I'm fine and u?
Guy; how old are u??
Pls is this reasonable in this era or am I missing something bcs it irritates me.

Oh shut up you silly girl ! Your attitude stinks. If you are too timid to state your age, so unpolite to state your name, and too foolish to understand the importance of giving a short summary of your person, as a basis of establishing a relationship with a stranger, you have mental problems.

11 Likes

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by nneh1(f): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Oh shut up you silly girl ! Your attitude stinks. If you are too timid to state your age, so unpolite to state your name, and too foolish to understand the importance of giving a short summary of your person, as a basis of establishing a relationship with a stranger, you have mental problems.
you are more than stupid for your comments. When you meet someone whether boy or girl, what should be the first question. Look at this fool calling me silly. Better respect your sunday.

5 Likes

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by zeb04(f): 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
grin abeg make i siddon watch fight 2day
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by nneh1(f): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

This sh*head can't think to save her ugly face. Even bacteria in that sh*tfactory you call an ar$ehole think better. They introduce themselves then work in tandem to make $h*t. Unfortunately, your brain must be touching if you don't realize the first question(s) that MUST be asked of a person is the name, age and a short description of themselves. Get that it to your fried brain, silly girl.
what if the 1st question is not "what is your name rather it is how old are you" does it sound good. Where and when has age come before name? I don't know what all these 17 -20yrs boys are doing on Nl. ASUU pls call off this strike let them face their books.
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by nneh1(f): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

so meeting a stranger now means I should write a summary of my self in less than 2 minutes as 'CV' bcs u'll give me a job. Infact let me not talk too much .
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
nneh1: Seriously I don't understand what on earth is happening. Why must the 1st question a guy will ask a girl is how old are you without even asking her name esp all these nairaland boys. Yes I call them boys.some have not even seen you and the conversation goes
Guy; hello
Girl; good day
Guy; how are u
Girl; I'm fine and u?
Guy; how old are u??

There are motives for asking, what's unreasonable is that u failed to analyse why a person might have made it the first question..1) he might be matured nd doesn't want to chat with an underage/minor .. 2) he might be seeking for singles to start a relationship with ..3)miscellaneous ,like being comfortable with his age groups,having principles on age range for friendships

New contacts on my bbm, particularly girls do ask me that question all the while on our first chat, and I've never created a topic to complain about it, though I found it awkward initially, but I got to understand why they did.

1 Like

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by nneh1(f): 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
appelmoieddy:

There are motives for asking, what's unreasonable is that u failed to analyse why a person might have made it the first question..1) he might be matured nd doesn't want to chat with an underage/minor .. 2) he might be seeking for singles to start a relationship with ..3)miscellaneous ,like being comfortable with his age groups,having principles on age range for friendships

New contacts on my bbm, particularly girls do ask me that question all the while on our first chat, and I've never created a topic to complain about it, though I found it awkward initially, but I got to understand why they did.
thanks so much at least it sounds awkward.I guess I should know the person's motive 1st.at first I was like why not my name first. It's funny though.
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by UyiIredia(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
appelmoieddy:

Someone who thinks. Unlike the classic case of a mugu in the person of nneh.
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by borntobegr8t(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
Guy; hello
Girl; good day
Guy; how are u
Girl; I'm fine and u?
Guy; how old are u??
you must really like this ur name o, grin

1 Like

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
nneh1: thanks so much at least it sounds awkward.I guess I should know the person's motive 1st.at first I was like why not my name first. It's funny though.
Alright.every1 z different
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Someone who thinks. Unlike the classic case of a mugu in the person of nneh.
Lol,that was harsh na, she only had a different view,
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by seankay(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
But I'm kinda curious...'Why must the topic be (Wierd question from "guys"wink how many guys?

1 Like

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by UyiIredia(m): 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
appelmoieddy:
Lol,that was harsh na, she only had a different view,

Apropos, because the person who asked her the question had a different view, and she found it 'irritating'. Besides, if she had the sense to cool off, I would have let go of censuring her.

1 Like

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Enegod(m): 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
grin
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by ITbomb(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
Such a direct question at that stage of conversation for me is rude .
The more diplomatic way to go is to ask if she is a student or a worker . To avoid a situation of a 20 year old worker , u might ask her when she graduated n which school .
For me I operate in age ranges , I don't care for ur specific age when interacting with u. 17 to 21 group 1 , 22 to 27 group 2 , 28 to 35 group 3 . Any other group beneath is underage and above is overage

1 Like

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by NnamdiN: 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Apropos, because the person who asked her the question had a different view, and she found it 'irritating'. Besides, if she had the sense to cool off, I would have let go of censuring her.
brother, easy on the lady please.
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by nbright: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
His first question is "how are you?" not "how old are you?"

4 Likes

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Abbott(m): 1:23am On Nov 25, 2013
They prolly ask because Nairaland is full of minors(boys & girls under 18) and because they are prolly adults.
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Oh shut up you silly girl ! Your attitude stinks. If you are too timid to state your age, so unpolite to state your name, and too foolish to understand the importance of giving a short summary of your person, as a basis of establishing a relationship with a stranger, you have mental problems.

Why are you so rude? She's unpolite for not stating her name to a strange someone who approached her? If he wants to know who she is, then maybe he should break the ice by stating who he is! Which stranger comes up to someone and starts asking questions without saying anything about himself first? Isn't common sense common again?

@OP, it happens, and I find it strange as well. If a guy comes up to me and starts asking, then I become tight-lipped. When I'm meeting someone for the first time, I give my name at the very least so that the other person feels comfortable. I understand your perspective.
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 25, 2013
Same here! That's why I don't reply all these messages I get here cheesy undecided my inbox is always crying.lol

1 Like

Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 25, 2013
mayapop: Same here! That's why I don't reply all these messages I get here cheesy undecided my inbox is always crying.lol

Oh boy. PMs are another matter o. Let's not go there abeg..........

Make we go lol. "hi pwincess, saw ur dp. wer do u liv?"

Na lie?
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 25, 2013
ogugua88:

Oh boy. PMs are another matter o. Let's not go there abeg..........

Make we go lol. "hi pwincess, saw ur dp. wer do u liv?"

Na lie?
chineke cheesy lol! You got it! Or "are you from overseas cause your the sea I see" grin grin grin grin this one cranked my belly button cheesy cry
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 25, 2013
mayapop: chineke cheesy lol! You got it! Or "are you from overseas cause your the sea I see" grin grin grin grin this one cranked my belly button cheesy cry

Ehn? Now that's ultimate hand-falling lol.
Re: What A Wierd Question From Guys by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 25, 2013
ogugua88:

Ehn? Now that's ultimate hand-falling lol.
lol cheesy he Wanna act like a clown.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Exactly Do You Gain After Watching Po,rn?? / Guyz,Have You Ever Been Sucked?Share Your Experiences / See Reasons Why A Virgin May Not Bleed When Disflowered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.