Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana (18327 Views)

8 People Drown In River Niger / Video: Two Nigerian Girls In A Street Fight / The Misconstrue And Misconception Of "Aluta" By Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by LilBRightTMc(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hardheolar: I need to start attending swimming class and tutors, just in case of incasity.
I'm from Rivers but I don't know what a river looks like talk less of how to swim
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by LMAyedun(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
Eeyaa!!
So sad.. R I P
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Okijajuju1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
Lilimax: I'm asking too?
ASUU should be blamed for all these if you understand what I mean?

ASUU, JAMB, FG, e.t.c..

In the last 13years, the number of mushroom Universities wey don spring up for Ghana ehn, Na only God fit count now because even Ghanaian government sef no fit keep up.. And Nigerians full all..

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by lexrichy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
they wanted to go the other side.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by tintingz(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
ehyaa RIP sad
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Beync(f): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
I have not seen what will make me enter canoe in this life. Jeez!
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by tintingz(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
lexrichy: they wanted to go the other side.
Two of them are now in other side sad
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by littlehooper10: 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
HAA!!! IGBO AGAIN!!!
WHEN WILL THEY STOP DARTING ABOUT IN AFRICA, EUROPE..
IGBO KWENU

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by link2ok(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
bigtt76: Sad ...instead of facing their studies. RIP

Mumu! U no sabi wetin b picnic! Wit all d book wey u face! Wetin b d result! RIP dudes

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by slikcipher(m): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
bigtt76: Sad ...instead of facing their studies. RIP
like u have good grades

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
Why did the fisherman runaway?
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by omoodeogere(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Chai!! RIP hommies

Na so dem for report my own story too o!! Okija Juju drowns in Cape Coast beach.. #Tufiakwa..

My own na play we go play for beach.. Na ehn my friend push me enter water when e know say I no sabi swim.

If not that the gods never sleep and positioned a friend inside that water, I don already rest mind say na die sure pass because I no dey feel ground under me and Water don cover my head..

I never go near River or Beach water since that day.. angryTHANK GOD FOR UR LIFE

And which kind school be Knusford again kwa!!?! angry
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by simdam500(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
SAD!!!! 2 lives droped in less than 2month to the end of the year shocked

*no 1 2b blame*
RIP
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
henritinecy: THE REAL STORY. I'm a student of the school and also among the executives. When we got to the resort, which is Afrikiko at Akosombo, we were making arrangements with the management of the place on how to reduce the price of the facilities there. This time, some students were playing volleyball, some football, some around the pool , some table tennis and others dancing. The management said, its 20 cedis to eat, 20 cedis to swim and 10 cedis to cruise the boat. Charles, Demola, Michael, Bright and Edwards entered a fisherman's canoe to cross the river for the amount of 5 cedis each. They were almost to the other side when the both capsized. Bright is from rivers state and he can swim. Demola and Michael managed to save themselves but Charles and Edwards died. It was just impatient that killed these guys. Besides, you know you don't know how to swim, you are entering a fishermans boat that doesn't have a life jacket. The fisherman ran away but he was found about two villages away. The situation right now is that their relatives are around and are planning on how to take their bodies to Nigeria.

Thank God you school in Ghana, I'd rather save my precious cedis naira than travel abroad and make these blunders.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Calm down, I'm just joking while raising a valid point.
RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by GHANAOGA: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
sakaguchi:

Thank God you school in Ghana, I'd rather save my precious cedis naira than travel abroad and make these blunders.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Calm down, I'm just joking while raising a valid point.
RIP to the dead.

U can tell the guy has a solid grasp of the queen's language.Those are typos not grammatical errors. cool
GH education!We the best.No Strikes!No NEPA!No Bokom buram! cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by kandiikane(m): 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
ichommy: So Sad. RIP. I hate swimming.

It's because they couldn't swim that was why they died. You need to start loving it and learn how to.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
GHANA OGA:

U can tell the guy has a solid grasp of the queen's language. Those are typos not grammatical errors. cool
GH education!We the best.No Strikes!No NEPA!No Bokom buram! cheesy cheesy
Yea! GH education will be cool if your likes schooled in Abidjan, but since you were taught in GH, I will save my precious naira, why should I go to a school that did not do proper planning before excursions are embarked on? The school management should be held responsible for this oversight.

5 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Obrafour(m): 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
sakaguchi:
Yea! GH education will be cool if your likes schooled in Abidjan, but since you were taught in GH, I will save my precious naira, why should I go to a school that did not do proper planning before excursions are embarked on? The school management should be held responsible for this oversight.
I read the story yesterday and I was so sad. RIP
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Okijajuju1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
Obrafour: I read the story yesterday and I was so sad.... according to the story the boat which ferried the other students charged ten cedis(I presume the school management sanctioned this boat), but the one that capsised charged two cedis and did not provide a life Jacket.

I doubt these trips are planned by school management..

Its normally an SRC thing, Department trip or Association trip..

And speaking from experience as a former ISA exco, you can never have full control over students on such trips. Some niggas are bound to act stupid always.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Obrafour(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

I doubt these trips are planned by school management..

Its normally an SRC thing, Department trip or Association trip..

And speaking from experience as a former ISA exco, you can never have full control over students on such trips. Some niggas are bound to act stupid always.

I have modified my post, I just read the comment of one of the executives. I concur with your post tho.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Obrafour(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
sakaguchi:
Many soldiers go for either Peace Keeping or Peace enforcement but many come back home without a scratch. A civilian like you might kick a stone or head a ball and that might be the end of you. Life

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
sakaguchi:

Note:: The school cannot be held responsible for the foolishness of an adult.

You heard that whilst the organizers were busy making arrangements for how the students could be safely transported across the water, some group of students decided to make alternate arrangements of their own.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Legonviking: 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
OMG. my condolence to the family. i lost a friend during our hall week celebrations to drowing some years ago. RIP guys
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Cusubaba(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

ASUU, JAMB, FG, e.t.c..

In the last 13years, the number of mushroom Universities wey don spring up for Ghana ehn, Na only God fit count now because even Ghanaian government sef no fit keep up.. And Nigerians full all..
Nawaa ooo... all these backyard glorifield primary schools in Ghana. Which one be Knusford University College? My people said that if u want to eat toad, u eat the biggest one, so that when people called u toad eater u answer. Let those mumu Nigeria students continue wasting their parents money in a country that no one of the universities ranked among 30 in Africa University ranking. Why paying 3000 to 7000 dollars for yearly tuition fees in backyard collges in Ghana, when u can pay less in better universities in Europe, Asia even Kenya and South africa.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
RIP GUYS, dis is d disadvantage of try ur luck..... dem wan try deir luck but he fail dem
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Djmantana: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
If its your time,its your time.weather u can swim or not...more reason why we should always be prayerful cause incedences like this is not what we pray but it happens

RIP to the boiz.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by maureen5(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
rip embarassed

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by jahbiz: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
They(those igbo guys) must have convinced Demola. Just mayb cos Youba no too dey take life risk.Igbo and money!
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Onyenna(m): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Rip
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Obrafour(m): 5:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
Cusubaba: Nawaa ooo... all these backyard glorifield primary schools in Ghana. Which one be Knusford University College? My people said that if u want to eat toad, u eat the biggest one, so that when people called u toad eater u answer. Let those mumu Nigeria students continue wasting their parents money in a country that no one of the universities ranked among 30 in Africa University ranking. Why paying 3000 to 7000 dollars for yearly tuition fees in backyard collges in Ghana, when u can pay less in better universities in Europe, Asia even Kenya and South africa.
This is all you know, spewing rubbish! person! Is it your mothers money? You that your university is ranked number one in Africa, are you not sitting at home eating eba? When it suits you, you condemn Europe, Asia, Kenya and South Africa. person!

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
I can never drown in any river or even the Atlantic Ocean! Never!!
The place I come from is called "Oguta Ameshi" "obodo girigiri"
When a child is born, traditionally they take them to the river and present them to the goddess of Water(Ogbuide) this will confirm that the child is a child of the soil and can never be drowned or killed by water!
I wasn't baptized in that water, but when I visited my village(town) for the first time, my dad nearly drowned me. . . He made me learn how to swim like a fish. . . I can stay in water for 5 minutes and still be good. cool
I am a son of the waters!!!!

I'm from Oguta(The blue Lake city) LGA located in Imo state,Nigeria.
Oguta originated from Benin and migrated to Imo back in the ancient days. And we are IGBOS with pride!

#TeamGOM

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet / I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka / Today Is Friday The 13th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.