Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana (18317 Views)

8 People Drown In River Niger / Video: Two Nigerian Girls In A Street Fight / The Misconstrue And Misconception Of "Aluta" By Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 6:16am On Nov 26, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^

Confirm what I wrote above here if you are in doubt.

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 6:24am On Nov 26, 2013
Okija_juju:

Many Nigerians also go to the US because of JAMB?

Sadly, the problem with Nigerian Education is not JAMB. Or does the quality of a University Education depend on JAMB? NO! The same students who fail JAMB go ahead to pass SATs, TOFFL, GCE UK, etc..

The Idea of JAMB should be scrapped as it has only succeeded in breeding mediocre graduates.. I say this because JAMB is responsible for Nigerian students ending up reading courses that the have no interest in at all.

I have been to Obafemi Awolowo University and even have a thread on Nairaland showing the school.. Truly beautiful. But also, a Universities quality does not rest on the size of its structures at all.

I know what you mean by patronizing mushroom universities and its a damn shame. But just so you know, the topic of this thread has nothing to do with the university. I didn't attend a Mushroom University in Ghana and yet my school would never have participated in a SU relaxation trip.

When I pay the inflated school fees you guys pay in those overpriced schools, I expect my school to participate in our excursions so that this macabre news like the death of these 2 chap does not surface.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Obrafour(m): 6:41am On Nov 26, 2013
Obrafour: Do you have the capacity to admit all the qualified students? Why must Nigeria's problem be a shared problem with Ghana?.... Whatever that JAMB and POST-UME may mean to you
Nigerians, we Ghanaians care less.
We have our own standards and we shall not share or suffer your difficulty and inability of your leaders to provide education for all Nigerians...

^^^This ish has already been settled on this Thread»»» https://www.nairaland.com/1498639/most-nigerian-students-ghanaian-universities/4
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Olugbenger(m): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2013
Obrafour:

^^^This ish has already been settled on this Thread»»» https://www.nairaland.com/1498639/most-nigerian-students-ghanaian-universities/4
You can't evade this one. That thread was talking about 'Nigerian students studying in Ghana,, who failed JAMB'.
Now this chap is comparing the duo of OAU and UNILAG with the universities in Ghana; stick to that one.
Do ur thing; be a strawmann!

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Obrafour(m): 7:51am On Nov 26, 2013
Olugbenger:
You can't evade this one. That thread was talking about 'Nigerian students studying in Ghana,, who failed JAMB'.
Now this chap is comparing the duo of OAU and UNILAG with the universities in Ghana; stick to that one.
Do ur thing; be a strawmann!
Who said I am evading? I only highlited some of the comments on that Thread, everything was discussed on that Thread.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 8:35am On Nov 26, 2013
Obrafour:

My little Ghanaian friend, don't derail this thread, we are discussing these issues now because they were raised by you and previous posters on page 2.

I need not go through a stale thread that is over 8 pages long to filter out what you are driving at. If there is any point you need to bring to the fore from that thread, do the needful, quote it on this platform and we'll iron it out. I'm sure my countrymen on that thread did justice to it and I may quote some quotes from some of their masterly crafted piece if the need arise.

Back to this topic, hefty sums are collected by mushroom universities and their services provided is not commensurate to the fat amount their folks parted with.
I'll be waiting for you when you can give appropriate replies to my posts.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by link2ok(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
jahbiz: They(those igbo guys) must have convinced Demola. Just mayb cos Youba no too dey take life risk.Igbo and money!

Am nt surprised @ur post! Yoruba's and poverty!
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Elxandre(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Obrafour:

I wonder how Nigerians reason sometimes!
Someone just wakes up one morning and decides to create a thread on a topic he is little informed about.
That guy that created the above thread never even schooled in Ghana, but decided to create a topic about that.

Let me address a few issues here.

The Nigerian youth has been severely brainwshed to believe that JAMB is the ultimate test of a youth's intelligence. The youths have also swallowed that demented ideology from these clueless leaders!
Even In the US you dont have to write SAT every year, but in Nigeria, you have to keep writing the same exam every year. Add the fact that even crossing the cut off mark is not a guarantee of being admitted. Must everybody be genuises scoring 80%+ before being guaranteed of admission?
We youths should be fighting the government for implementing this stupid criterias just to hide their epic faliure in terms of availability of enough Higher Institutions of learning.
Come to think of it, if they allowed youths gain admission without much hassle, do you think they wouldn't be a crisis in terms of massive unemployment as a result of spiralling number of graduates?

Nigerian youths wake up and come out of your myopic mindset!!!

And to the issue of mushroom universities in Ghana.

When I say dont talk about what you dont know, I know what i'm talking about!
These schools maybe not so large in size, but that is because many of them are not jack of all trades! Some dont offer more than three departments, So how do you expect them to have the size of OAU, Univ of Ghana, UNIBEN, University of cairo cheesy e.t.c?
You apply for a course and you get it, and even get to see the actual practical instruments, not to mention constant power supply, 24/7 access to the internet, unscropulous lecturers e.t.c That is what defines quality education, not strikes, being given stupid courses to study even after getting past the cut off mark!

Someone talked about school fees.
Common 'Acheivers university Owo' pay about 400k yearly. And that is for Nigerians alone!
What about Covenant university (glorified secondary school)? they pay up to 3million Naira for some courses yearly!
Wont you rather send your ward to University of Ghana? where even for foreign students its not over 9k dollars even for Medicine and sudgery.

Bottom line-----We should be ashamed of JAmb and POST UME.. Its just a plot to dis-educate the Nigerian youth.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Okijajuju1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
sakaguchi: ^^^^^^^^^^

Confirm what I wrote above here if you are in doubt.

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/

One question; What is the methodology used in this rankings..
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elxandre:
Someone just wakes up one morning and decides to create a thread on a topic he is little informed about.
That guy that created the above thread never even schooled in Ghana, but decided to create a topic about that.

The Nigerian youth has been severely brainwshed shocked shocked shocked to believe that JAMB is the ultimate test of a youth's intelligence. The youths have also swallowed that demented ideology from these clueless leaders!
Even In the US you dont have to write SAT every year, but in Nigeria, you have to keep writing the same exam every year. Add the fact that even crossing the cut off mark is not a guarantee of being admitted. Must everybody be genuises scoring 80%+ before being guaranteed of admission?
We youths shocked shocked shocked should be fighting the government for implementing this shocked shocked shocked stupid criterias shocked shocked shocked just to hide their epic faliure shocked shocked shocked in terms of availability of enough Higher Institutions of learning.
Come to think of it, if they allowed youths gain admission without much hassle, do you think they wouldn't be a crisis in terms of massive unemployment as a result of spiralling shocked shocked shocked number of graduates?

These schools maybe not so large in size, but that is because many of them are not jack of all trades! Some dont offer more than three departments, So how do you expect them to have the size of OAU, Univ of Ghana, UNIBEN, University of cairo cheesy e.t.c?
You apply for a course and you get it, and even get to see the actual practical instruments, not to mention constant power supply, 24/7 access to the internet, unscropulous shocked shocked shocked lecturers e.t.c That is what defines quality education, not strikes, being given stupid courses to study even after getting past the cut off mark!

Common 'Acheivers shocked shocked shocked university Owo' pay about 400k yearly. And that is for Nigerians alone!
What about Covenant university (glorified secondary school)? they pay up to 3million Naira for some courses yearly!
Wont you rather send your ward to University of Ghana? where even for foreign students its not over 9k dollars even for Medicine and sudgery.
shocked shocked shocked

Bottom line-----We should be ashamed of JAmb and POST UME.. Its just a plot to dis-educate the Nigerian youth.

SCHMURK FROM A MUSHROOM UNIVERSITY.
THANKGOD YOU SCHOOL IN GHANA, YOUR WRITE UP (dotted with errors) SHOWS WHY YOU HATE JAMB, NIGERIAN STUDENTS IN GHANA ARE JAMB CAST-AWAYS.

Since you school in Ghana, maybe you can re-tell the story better. The OP need not be in Ghana to post any topic na? He pasted the link to the story. So he may or may not be in Ghana, no qualms.

Make your argument against JAMB clear, I myself have reservation about JAMB exams, but your points against JAMB as stated above ^^^ is not potent enough.
Passing JAMB and indeed all exams is not a true test of knowledge, this is not a new assertion, it is an internecine fact that is a universal truth, exams are not true test of knowledge.
Is it right to give university admission to only those who ace their UME? Hell yea! That is the tradition world over (maybe except in your beloved Ghana), to get admission in highly competitive schools, you need to score high- Harvard, Cambridge, Yale, UI, Unilag, ABU, OAU etc.

The youths should not be fighting our government to create more universities, we should be apprising them to make our existent ones world class. Imagine that I am even saying that our universities are better than Ghanaian universities, true as this argument is, it should be an embarrassment to us, we should not be proud of besting Ghanaian universities, Nigeira should be in the league of EU and US universities, thank God ASUU is doing something about this. When the existent universities have been standardized, we can now clamor for more to be created. Besides Nigeria have more universities than Ghana, we shouldn't proliferate the system with below par universities like Ghana. I don't agree to your opinion, sorry.

Most of the universities Nigerians troop to in Ghana are mushroom universities, go through your post and see why I believe so, your write up is choc-a-bloc with errors.

No! I will not go to GH universities neither will I advise anybody to do same, what is worth doing is worth doing well, if ever I leave Nigeria to school outside, my school outside should be better than the one I left at home, sadly, the best university in Ghana land is bested by Nigerian universities.

If in doubt, check the link I posted earlier.

Listen schmurk
I said the school fees in Ghana is high and this oversight from the school that led to the death of the student is not acceptable. When I pay hefty fees in mushroom universities, I expect simple things like excursions to be planned with panache.

Bottom line,
we are not ashamed, you should be ashamed for being tutored in a mushroom university.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by GHANAOGA: 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
U are a big fuuull..4months strike is what u call quality education..no light. A nation with a bunch of retards walking into an institution to kill innocent students all in the name of religion.
Nigeria is a failed state......A nation of 150million literates depending on generator for light.get the heck out of here.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Elxandre(m): 2:21am On Nov 27, 2013
Sakaguchi,
I typed that long post with a 2.4 inched screen, so i had no time and space to crosscheck typos!

I wonder if folks like you get orgasm from insulting anonymous people online.

You keep ranting about JAMB rejects. But I would let you know that i crossed the post UTME pass mark only to be denied admission. Instead people who werent even close to the cut off mark were admitted, thanks to their lecturer uncles and sacks of cash!

Why dont they write JAMB and post ume in many European countries?
Are we better than them?
We are talking of countries hundreds of years ahead of Nigeria in terms of civilization!

Did you know that SAT is written 7 times in a year?
Now that is a system that is not scared of high influx of students into its Educational system. If we had the same in Nigeria, would schools be able to accomodate them?

Its useless arguing with shallow minded folks like you, who only make a point trying to correct typos in sensible posts, as if smart grammar built the titanic.

And stop insulting people online, it makes you look like a frustrated 12 year old!
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Okijajuju1(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2013
sakaguchi:

SCHMURK FROM A MUSHROOM UNIVERSITY.
THANKGOD YOU SCHOOL IN GHANA, YOUR WRITE UP (dotted with errors) SHOWS WHY YOU HATE JAMB, NIGERIAN STUDENTS IN GHANA ARE JAMB CAST-AWAYS.

Since you school in Ghana, maybe you can re-tell the story better. The OP need not be in Ghana to post any topic na? He pasted the link to the story. So he may or may not be in Ghana, no qualms.

Make your argument against JAMB clear, I myself have reservation about JAMB exams, but your points against JAMB as stated above ^^^ is not potent enough.
Passing JAMB and indeed all exams is not a true test of knowledge, this is not a new assertion, it is an internecine fact that is a universal truth, exams are not true test of knowledge.
Is it right to give university admission to only those who ace their UME? Hell yea! That is the tradition world over (maybe except in your beloved Ghana), to get admission in highly competitive schools, you need to score high- Harvard, Cambridge, Yale, UI, Unilag, ABU, OAU etc.

The youths should not be fighting our government to create more universities, we should be apprising them to make our existent ones world class. Imagine that I am even saying that our universities are better than Ghanaian universities, true as this argument is, it should be an embarrassment to us, we should not be proud of besting Ghanaian universities, Nigeira should be in the league of EU and US universities, thank God ASUU is doing something about this. When the existent universities have been standardized, we can now clamor for more to be created. Besides Nigeria have more universities than Ghana, we shouldn't proliferate the system with below par universities like Ghana. I don't agree to your opinion, sorry.

Most of the universities Nigerians troop to in Ghana are mushroom universities, go through your post and see why I believe so, your write up is choc-a-bloc with errors.

No! I will not go to GH universities neither will I advise anybody to do same, what is worth doing is worth doing well, if ever I leave Nigeria to school outside, my school outside should be better than the one I left at home, sadly, the best university in Ghana land is bested by Nigerian universities.

If in doubt, check the link I posted earlier.

Listen schmurk
I said the school fees in Ghana is high and this oversight from the school that led to the death of the student is not acceptable. When I pay hefty fees in mushroom universities, I expect simple things like excursions to be planned with panache.

Bottom line,
we are not ashamed, you should be ashamed for being tutored in a mushroom university.

Sakaguchi

A student gets 300 in JAMB and has to patch 2 or 3 SSCE results to achive 5 credits.. grin

Please take away the focus from JAMB. JAMB is of absolutely no consequence to the knowledge acquired in the University. The fact that NIgerians write JAMB to gain admission into Nigerian Universities does not make them more intelligent than the Ghanaians that dont need JAMB.

This whole Ghana - Nigeria thing is derailing this thread.

Point is; Some Nigerian Students died as a result of their own recklessness. There was absolutely nothing that the School could have done to prevent their death.

University Students are solely responsible for their actions and decisions. When they decided to board a boat that was outside their excursion plans without safety equipments, they knew the consequences and accepted it.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Olugbenger(m): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

One question; What is the methodology used in this rankings..

Why didn't you ask how come schools like Harvard, Oxford etc came top too?

Webometrics ranking is similar to this list too.

The ranking is almost accurate. The best universities in world too were ranked top too and sure you won't ask about the criteria when you access that list.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Olugbenger(m): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2013
Elxandre: Sakaguchi,
I typed that long post with a 2.4 inched screen, so i had no time and space to crosscheck typos!
Your comprehension is quite poor too. undecided

I wonder if folks like you get orgasm from insulting anonymous people online.

You keep ranting about JAMB rejects. But I would let you know that i crossed the post UTME pass mark only to be denied admission. Instead people who werent even close to the cut off mark were admitted, thanks to their lecturer uncles and sacks of cash!
Stop consoling yourself. Most top universities regards their merit lists are still very credible. Folks like you tell the same tale everytime, even when you were denied admission not because of cheating, but you didn't beat the cut off for obvious reasons.
Though, there are exceptions.

Are we better than them?
We are talking of countries hundreds of years ahead of Nigeria in terms of civilization!

I agree examinations may not be the true test of knowledge, but what do you suggest we use?
The same WAEC used as one criterion for admission in those mushroom universities is also an examination and even marred by worse irregularities than JAMB. so what's your point exactly?

Now that is a system that is not scared of high influx of students into its Educational system. If we had the same in Nigeria, would schools be able to accomodate them?

You are even dumber than i thought to bring this up. would you rather Nigeria writes JAMB numerous times to admit everybody at the expense of it's actual capacity and present condition?
call it 'survival of the fittest'!.

Its useless arguing with shallow minded folks like you, who only make a point trying to correct typos in sensible posts, as if smart grammar built the titanic.

And stop insulting people online, it makes you look like a frustrated 12 year old!
We hold no grudge against Nigerians studying in Ghana, or even the Ghanians who are nice enough to admit and accommodate them. I'av a cousin there who confirmed most facts and positives are over hyped!
I know you didn't get to study in your country's best universities because you referred to those who did as geniuses.
Well i'm sure you aren't one!

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Olugbenger(m): 10:24am On Nov 27, 2013
GHANA OGA: U are a big fuuull..4months strike is what u call quality education..no light. A nation with a bunch of retards walking into an institution to kill innocent students all in the name of religion.
Nigeria is a failed state......A nation of 150million literates depending on generator for light.get the heck out of here.

You can names all negatives, for all i care.
What remains is that our rejects, are ur major intakes.
Even with the serious lapses in our education sector, how come our Top universities are still better off?

Ghana is nice though.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Olugbenger(m): 10:39am On Nov 27, 2013
Elxandre:

The Nigerian youth has been severely brainwshed to believe that JAMB is the ultimate test of a youth's intelligence. The youths have also swallowed that demented ideology from these clueless leaders!
We youths should be fighting the government for implementing this stupid criterias just to hide their epic faliure in terms of availability of enough Higher Institutions of learning.

How are you fighting it?

By getting schooled in one mushroom university in ghana too?

Come to think of it, if they allowed youths gain admission without much hassle, do you think they wouldn't be a crisis in terms of massive unemployment as a result of spiralling number of graduates?

You can't even reason cognitively.
Between educating the masses and creation of employments, which do you think is easier and probable in this country?

Stop reasoning like a kid and desist from blaming our useless leaders for your own shortcomings too.
The problems won't go away at once.

You apply for a course and you get it, and even get to see the actual practical instruments, not to mention constant power supply, 24/7 access to the internet, unscropulous lecturers e.t.c That is what defines quality education, not strikes, being given stupid courses to study even after getting past the cut off mark!

Common 'Acheivers university Owo' pay about 400k yearly. And that is for Nigerians alone!
Now i know you are ignorant of most facts. Go find out yourself.

If you did score high in both, this won't be coming from you.
Then I would have reasons to agree not when you even admitted to be not that bright.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Okijajuju1(m): 11:12am On Nov 27, 2013
Olugbenger:

Why didn't you ask how come schools like Harvard, Oxford etc came top too?

Webometrics ranking is similar to this list too.

The ranking is almost accurate. The best universities in world too were ranked top too and sure you won't ask about the criteria when you access that list.

[b]The question is simple... What was the Methodology used for this ranking.

I dont know what makes a University rank higher than the next so hence the need to find out the methodology used lest we keep moving around with a ranking that is based on "NOBODY KNOWS"..

I think its wise that you know this information.. It may just be your kid that would ask you this question tomorrow and what you gave to me is no response..

WHY IS HAVARD OR OXFORD THE BEST UNIVERSITY IN THE WORLD?!
What is that title based on?!
Is it by their fees?!
Research?!
Student to Lecturer ratio?
High entry score requirement?!
High number of 1st class graduates?!
Number of forced breaks in the semester (stikes)?!
Funding?!
Environment?!

What?!

Here is a clue.. Webometrics University ranking methodology..

After having looked at it, I realise that its all 'virtual' and not actual.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
GHANA OGA: U are a big fuuull..4months strike is what u call quality education..no light. A nation with a bunch of retards walking into an institution to kill innocent students all in the name of religion.

SCHMURK
Old man! You are the bigger fool.
The gains of the less than a year strike will reposition our universities to the top we deserve. As it is now, we are better than Ghanaian universities and we hunger for more.

You talk about strikes, don't they strike in Ghanaian universities? Your universities have been through a year long strike before and have gone on strike this year also.

Don't derail these thread, this thread is about the death of two students due to negligence of their mushroom universities. Some issues branched out of the discussion and these issues are been thrash out in passing; these are "Nigerian universities are better than Ghanaian universities" and the country is awashed with mushroom universities.

If you want to argue about Nigeria and Ghana, create another thread and hint me, I'll gladly usher you to the epiphany of how risible your "Ghana is better" opinion is.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by sakaguchi(m): 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
Elxandre: Sakaguchi,

Sorry about that, many of us use small screen phones to type, it could happen to anybody, right now, it is happening to you.

Sorry about that, getting the pass mark is not a guaranty to gaining admission in competitive courses if other people score higher than you. You had many choice to make, go outside the country to better universities and read harder than before best choice
Read harder and score higher in JAMB and post UME the next year 2nd best choice
Go to polytechnics and other choices picked in UTME 3rd best choice you could have made
Go to a mushroom university in Ghana and be very proud of it brother, if you are sure you are good academically, then that was a bad choice you made.

Are we better than them?

"Shine you eyes my brother" let me make this clear for the umpteenth time, any top class university world over have basic requirements they expect from students, depending on how high one's choice of institution is and how competitive the course of study is, the requirement are very demanding with high flyers given preference. You don't just pick up a form with a mere passable result and expect to be admitted to your chosen course in universities who know their worth. JAMB is an exam, true, it is not a true test of knowledge; all exams are not true test of knowledge, but if the requirement is to ace the grades, do it. If you had ace JAMB with aplomb, you won't begrudge it this much.

Now that is a system that is not scared of high influx of students into its Educational system. If we had the same in Nigeria, would schools be able to accomodate shocked shocked shocked them?

A wonderful riposte have been given to you on this question, what more can I add? Thanks @Olugbenger

Sorry, I was searching for the sense in your post. If calling us to fight our government so that adequate mushroom universities be created is what you proffer, I find it senseless.
If your advice is that we should write JAMB 7 times a year, you've not started making sense. I could as well tell you to start fighting the Ghanaian government so that their schools are at least better than Nigerian schools and that until the last mushroom university is demolished, you and your fellow Ghanaian patriots will not leave the street of Tekoradi, Accra and Tema.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PetroDolla2: 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
sakaguchi:

Sorry about that, many of us use small screen phones to type, it could happen to anybody, right now, it is happening to you.

Sorry about that, getting the pass mark is not a guaranty to gaining admission in competitive courses if other people score higher than you. You had many choice to make, go outside the country to better universities and read harder than before best choice
Read harder and score higher in JAMB and post UME the next year 2nd best choice
Go to polytechnics and other choices picked in UTME 3rd best choice you could have made
Go to a mushroom university in Ghana and be very proud of it brother, if you are sure you are good academically, then that was a bad choice you made.

"Shine you eyes my brother" let me make this clear for the umpteenth time, any top class university world over have basic requirements they expect from students, depending on how high one's choice of institution is and how competitive the course of study is, the requirement are very demanding with high flyers given preference. You don't just pick up a form with a mere passable result and expect to be admitted to your chosen course in universities who know their worth. JAMB is an exam, true, it is not a true test of knowledge; all exams are not true test of knowledge, but if the requirement is to ace the grades, do it. If you had ace JAMB with aplomb, you won't begrudge it this much.

A wonderful riposte have been given to you on this question, what more can I add? Thanks @Olugbenger

Sorry, I was searching for the sense in your post. If calling us to fight our government so that adequate mushroom universities be created is what you proffer, I find it senseless.
If your advice is that we should write JAMB 7 times a year, you've not started making sense. I could as well tell you to start fighting the Ghanaian government so that their schools are at least better than Nigerian schools and that until the last mushroom university is demolished, you and your fellow Ghanaian patriots will not leave the street of Tekoradi, Accra and Tema.
you seem to have a problem with Nigerians coming to Ghanaian universities, huh? so why don't you tell your people to stop coming to Ghana, instead of questioning the integrity of Ghanaian universities? I don't think Ghanaians are forcing any foreigner, Nigerians inclusive, to come and study?

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PetroDolla2: 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
sakaguchi:

I really don't want to argue with you brother, but you know that many Nigerians go to Ghana because passing JAMB is not as easy as getting a Ghanaian visa or whatever it is people get before going to Ghana.
Obafemi Awolowo University and Unilag are better than all Ghanaian valid universities. And unfortunately, most Nigerians patronize mushroom universities in Ghana.
I will post the link below.
rubbish talk. how are Nigerian universities better than Ghanaian universities? the same Nigerian universities that produce graduates who can't communicate in English?https://www.nairaland.com/1474229/89-corps-members-t-communicate
the same Nigerian universities whose facilities are falling apart? https://www.nairaland.com/1465352/deplorable-state-infrastructure-nigerian-universities

the same naija that recorded 70% school drop outs? [urlhttp://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.phpactive=news&newscid=11006&catid=2[/url]

I know a lady who finished from UNIJOS, currently works with NTA, who cannot communicate effectively in English grin fuckeduppedness

why should an individual's choice of a country to go study provoke such high levels of stvpidy? utter crap

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PetroDolla2: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

Note:: The school cannot be held responsible for the foolishness of an adult.

You heard that whilst the organizers were busy making arrangements for how the students could be safely transported across the water, some group of students decided to make alternate arrangements of their own.
don't mind the ediot. the unfortunate incident could have happened any where
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PetroDolla2: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
henritinecy: THE REAL STORY. I'm a student of the school and also among the executives. When we got to the resort, which is Afrikiko at Akosombo, we were making arrangements with the management of the place on how to reduce the price of the facilities there. This time, some students were playing volleyball, some football, some around the pool , some table tennis and others dancing. The management said, its 20 cedis to eat, 20 cedis to swim and 10 cedis to cruise the boat. Charles, Demola, Michael, Bright and Edwards entered a fisherman's canoe to cross the river for the amount of 5 cedis each. They were almost to the other side when the both capsized. Bright is from rivers state and he can swim. Demola and Michael managed to save themselves but Charles and Edwards died. It was just impatient that killed these guys. Besides, you know you don't know how to swim, you are entering a fishermans boat that doesn't have a life jacket. The fisherman ran away but he was found about two villages away. The situation right now is that their relatives are around and are planning on how to take their bodies to Nigeria.
the dead students are to buried in Ghana tomorrow
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PetroDolla2: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
Okija_juju: Chai!! RIP hommies

Na so dem for report my own story too o!! Okija Juju drowns in Cape Coast beach.. #Tufiakwa..

My own na play we go play for beach.. Na ehn my friend push me enter water when e know say I no sabi swim.

If not that the gods never sleep and positioned a friend inside that water, I don already rest mind say na die sure pass because I no dey feel ground under me and Water don cover my head..

I never go near River or Beach water since that day.. angry

And which kind school be Knusford again kwa!!?! angry
Knusford is a good private school near East Legon, affiliated to Legon university.
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PetroDolla2: 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
Cusubaba: Nawaa ooo... all these backyard glorifield primary schools in Ghana. Which one be Knusford University College? My people said that if u want to eat toad, u eat the biggest one, so that when people called u toad eater u answer. Let those mumu Nigeria students continue wasting their parents money in a country that no one of the universities ranked among 30 in Africa University ranking. Why paying 3000 to 7000 dollars for yearly tuition fees in backyard collges in Ghana, when u can pay less in better universities in Europe, Asia even Kenya and South africa.
omo naija generator republic grin
your people must be real MUMUs because Knusford is far better than any university in your sh1thole,huh? I have been to Knusford a few times and know they have very solid structures, nothing like this sh1t in your countryhttps://www.nairaland.com/1465352/deplorable-state-infrastructure-nigerian-universities utter crap
Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Obrafour(m): 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: Knusford is a good private school near East Legon, affiliated to Legon university.
hmmm! Some phools equate the land size of a college to mean quality education. Granted Ghanaian Universities admit jamb rejects, atleast they are turning rejects into product force in Nigeria huh? You can be the best student in Jamb, but you will never gain admission into any Tertiary education in Ghana. As far as Ghanaians are concerned, jamb is sh1t and only recognised in nigeria. Does it make sense to be a school drop out in nigeria and join boko haram boys, ombatse cult or niger delta thugs when you equally have a chance to gain admission using your WAEC results? Even with people who pass jambs, do nigeria colleges have the capacity to admit all students?

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Olugbenger(m): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: rubbish talk. how are Nigerian universities better than Ghanaian universities? the same Nigerian universities that produce graduates who can't communicate in English?https://www.nairaland.com/1474229/89-corps-members-t-communicate
the same Nigerian universities whose facilities are falling apart? https://www.nairaland.com/1465352/deplorable-state-infrastructure-nigerian-universities

the same naija that recorded 70% school drop outs? [urlhttp://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.phpactive=news&newscid=11006&catid=2[/url]

I know a lady who finished from UNIJOS, currently works with NTA, who cannot communicate effectively in English grin fuckeduppedness

why should an individual's choice of a country to go study provoke such high levels of stvpidy? utter crap

Stop being mischievous; he referred to Top Nigerian Universities being better than the corresponding Ghanian ones. He was even patient to mentioned two, why is that hard still for you to comprehend?

Again, stop reasoning like a kid. You don't judge institutions by making silly conclusions based on the shortcomings or lapses of few of her students.

If you won't address the issues raised, stop pontificating.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PetroDolla2: 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
Litmus: Someone, anyone please stop Nigerians from going to Ghana. I've always had a low opinion of Ghanaians but what i have seen of them on Niraland is frankly scarey. They're rude, obscene, jealous, bitter, sneaky, cowardly, backward, coonish, niggardly and worst. We already have our problems, imagine Nigerians returning from Ghana with the character and sentiments listed above?
hahahahahaha the feeling is mutual, mor0n! I've always had an even lower opinion of nigerians. hahahaha Fools paradise grin

grin grin grin I blame that disgusting piece of trash that opened its leg to give birth to a cockroach like you, fuelish ediot

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by PetroDolla2: 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Olugbenger:
Stop being mischievous; he referred to Top Nigerian Universities being better than the corresponding Ghanian ones. He was even patient to mentioned two, why is that hard still for you to comprehend?

Again, stop reasoning like a kid. You don't judge institutions by making silly conclusions based on the shortcomings or lapses of few of her students.

If you won't address the issues raised, stop pontificating.
look, he was talking trash, as I am concerned, huh? if Nigerians have better options, then let them get out of Ghana! no one is forcing Nigerians to attend universities in Ghana, huh? I am sure those Nigerians who came to study in Ghana found the Ghana option gave them more than enough value for their money and time, than they could possibly get in Nigeria. its a matter of choice, huh? he should keep his silly thoughts to himself. after all no one is asking him to come and study in Ghana,huh? arrant crap

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Olugbenger(m): 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: hahahahahaha the feeling is mutual, mor0n! I've always had an even lower opinion of nigerians. hahahaha Fools paradise grin

grin grin grin I blame that disgusting piece of trash that opened its leg to give birth to a cockroach like you, fuelish ediot

You didn't have to stoop this low now. undecided

we know how well, and below you would go.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana by Elxandre(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2013
Olugbenger:
How are you fighting it?

By getting schooled in one mushroom university in ghana too?

You can't even reason cognitively.
Between educating the masses and creation of employments, which do you think is easier and probable in this country?

Stop reasoning like a kid and desist from blaming our useless leaders for your own shortcomings too.
The problems won't go away at once.

Now i know you are ignorant of most facts. Go find out yourself.

If you did score high in both, this won't be coming from you.
Then I would have reasons to agree not when you even admitted to be not that bright.
undecided

Not too bright?
An anonymous online personality can always think what he wants about someone he knows nothing about.

I saw your topic about ghananian universities, and i also assumed you were not too 'bright' for creating a thread about a topic you have little firsthand information on.

I would repeat this again,
The size of a school does not indicate the educational output of a school.
You wouldnt expect Massachusetts Institute of Technology to have equivalent area sq/mt as Havard. This is because they focus mainly on tech, so therefore will have lesser number of faculties and departments.

The schools in GH dont offer all the courses in the world, because this is mostly reserved for the Older schools.

Compare that to what we have in 9ja, where even new wack schools offer courses related to medicine, engineering e.t.c..
I have older friends who studied computer science in Nigeria, but never really did much practicals because the schools didnt have much computers or capable lecturers.
I just hope ASUU gets to use the incoming Government funds sensibly.

I'm not in support of anyone here, i'm just stating obvious facts.
Before you label a university a mushroom one, you must be sure their standards in terms of teaching is abysmal.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today Is Friday The 13th / Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet / Nigerians Ranked 21st Most Generous People In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.