Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja (34680 Views)

Gunmen Fired Shots At Governor Amaechi In Rivers State / Gun Shots At The Rivers State Government House Now / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by frakdon(m): 12:04am On Nov 26, 2013
This woman wan use anambra sense for me here....

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by obalolaunited(m): 12:05am On Nov 26, 2013
chei naija i hail thee haha oduah mape aja lobo fun wa your script never complete next time meet wale adenuga to write a better one for you ole

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by adonisvg(m): 12:05am On Nov 26, 2013
sCun: This is not a laughing matter, those who are after her life are masters when it comes to the act of assasination. It is a recognised political tool in their culture.
Here is a list of victims from their region.
Dr Ayo Daramola
Deji Olagbaju,
Dipo Dina
Dr Funsho Williams
Yomi Bamgbose
Toyin Hamzat
Alade Oyediran
Lai Balogun
Kehinde Fasuba
Suliat Adedeji
Tunde Oladapo
Omololu Falobi
Segun Oladimeji
Korede Osibanjo
Ahmed Onipede
Tunde Ashofa
Lateef Olaniyan
Taiwo Falade
Bola Ige
Idowu braimoh
Toyin onagoruwa
Kudirat Abiola
Pa Alfred Rewane
Azeez Adegbite
Abayomi Ogunleye
not forgetting Marshal Harry
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Ngwakwe: 12:09am On Nov 26, 2013
Our people say if you don't know where the rain started beating definitely you wouldn't know where it will stop.

The Genesis and the Exodus are captured here-in

lacidi: The article below was written on 24/02/2013, well before the plane crash and bullet proof car wahala, but it is salient and straight to the point more like a call to arms. Mustapha Chike Obi may be next on the list. For those that claim there is no ethnic war going on, the fact speaks for itself.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/mini ... -yoruba-1/

Minister of Aviation declares war on Yoruba – 1

on February 24, 2013 / in Frankly Speaking 9:10 am / Comments

By Dele Sobowale

“On top of these, says YUF [Yoruba Unity Forum] some Ministers such as that of Aviation have specialized in sacking the Yoruba from agencies under their control and replacing them with favourites from their preferred ethnic groups”. Idowu Akinlotan, in PALLADIUM, Sunday, February 17, 2013.

In almost twenty years of writing this column, I have never written any article in support of anyone because he is “my brother”; neither have I written one against anyone because he is not “my brother”. OBJ received the same treatment as Babangida, Abacha, Yar’Adua and, now, Jonathan.

Segun Aganga and, now, Adewunmi are undergoing the same interrogation as Alison Madueke and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. The current Minister of Aviation is the first Minister to ever attract my attention in this regard because of mounting evidence of her deliberate tribal hostility. She has started the war; she will not determine when it will end and how.

Until recently, I had taken very little interest in the matter of Yoruba marginalization as alleged by the Yoruba Unity Forum, the original Afenifere group, and, now, Afenifere Renewal Group, ARG. To my mind, the marginalisation of Yoruba by Jonathan’s administration and specifically some Ministers was caused to a large extent by the Yoruba leaders themselves – and that includes all the leaders without exception.

Unlike, Doyin Okupe’s and Chief Richard Akinjide’s views, my grouse is simple. Yoruba people can now be easily marginalized and persecuted because divisive politics had made it impossible for us to unite to fight our common causes irrespective of political affiliation. An organization, AGBAJO YORUBA AGBAYE, AYA, formed for that purpose, was allowed to die by some of those now shedding crocodile tears.

For a start, how can anyone explain the idiocy, no apologies for that, of Yoruba trooping to the polls in 2011 to vote Action Congress of Nigeria in every election only to turn around and vote PDP for the presidential? Everyone, who must have “voted for Jonathan not PDP” can now accept responsibility for this situation in which we find ourselves.

The leaders of the ACN who brokered the deal for the switch to PDP have allowed Okupe, who will say anything, to make his nonsensical claim. Had the South West stood firmly behind Ribadu, the outcome might have been different. So, let’s be done with the crocodile tears of those who dug our graves. However, there is a Yoruba proverb which applies here. It says, “Ki a le @#$%^&* lo na, ki a to f’abo si odo adie”; meaning, “chase away the fox first, then attend to the wayward chicken”.

Of all the Ministries in the Federal Government, one, above all others, is headed by a Minister who has virtually declared war on Yoruba people in every area of her Ministry. That is the Minister for Aviation. The reason for singling her out of the several MDAs in the Federal Government is again simple. It is strategic to focus our energies on the worst offender, fight her to a standstill as an example to others that Yoruba people will not be pushed around by any transient holder of power. And she will not be the last holder of the Ministry. She will go, sooner or later. But, the war will continue.

As an aside, let me point out to the Minister that the Yoruba can defend themselves in this war. She might be the Minister of Aviation or anything; she might even be waging an ethnic war – for reasons known to herself. But, one thing she must know is this. The Southwest is host to every other ethnic group in Nigeria – far more than any other zone. Even the airports and other Aviation Ministry agencies are surrounded by Yoruba territory. We hold the nation’s assets.

The first question anyone will ask is: why pick on her? The answer is simple, there is increasing evidence that she is being deliberately antagonistic to us – that includes me. The Yoruba Unity Forum in a recent publication, set out the number of Yoruba people who had been sacked from the Ministry and its agencies – almost invariably to be replaced by other ethnic groups. One or two might be justified by claiming incompetence, old age, diminishing productivity, corruption, etc. But, when only people from one ethnic group suffer such dismissals, it becomes highly suspicious.

That, however, is small potatoes compared to the main issue; the one that has left no doubt in my mind that, ethnic cleansing and persecution of Yoruba is a deliberate policy, is in connection with the problems of Dr Wale Babalakin, SAN, who I never met. This issue, in my view, should demonstrate the resolve of all Yoruba people to fight a battle declared against one of us by someone else for fairly clear motives.

And, it is a struggle that must be non-partisan. This is no PDP versus ACN affair. It is Yoruba versus the Minister of Aviation. Incidentally, the Minister of Aviation, I now believe has an ally in the Asset Management Corporation, AMCON, Mr Mustapha Chike Obi. Together, they want to reduce Babalakin to zero. Let me present the case as documented.

My Monday, February 18, 2013, column, in this paper, was titled WHO WANTS WALE BABALAKIN DEAD?, because at the time, I had no clue regarding who could be behind the plot to persecute Babalakin. Now, all the facts at my disposal point to the Minister of Aviation, who has gathered other co-conspirators, from her ethnic enclave, to help her execute the project. They will fail. Other Yoruba people will join Babalakin to ensure they don’t succeed. In fact, the battle will be taken to the door step of the Ministry of Aviation itself – if Madam does not stop fomenting trouble for herself.

Bi-Courteny Aviation Services Limited, whose Chairman is Dr Wale Babalakin SAN, as most air travelers know, was persuaded by the Obasanjo administration to build Murtala Muhammed Airport Two, MM 2; which it did. As part of the agreement, all domestic flights were to originate and land at MM2, once completed and operational. The old domestic, called General Aviation Terminal, GAT, was to be closed down; and become an integral part of MM2.

As usual, with our lawless governments, the Federal Government refused to close down GAT and encouraged some airlines, especially one owned by people from one of the two eastern zones, to operate from there. As far as I am concerned, the airlines operating from GAT are not at fault. Government carries the blame.

In order to enforce the agreement, Bi-Courtney dragged the Federal Government to court for enforcement of the contract and for damages. Bi-Courtney won the case and huge damages were awarded in its favour…
www.freedomafric.com

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by pmc01(m): 12:13am On Nov 26, 2013
SOS!

In lieu of this incidence, we 'concerned citizens' recommend the immediate procurement of bulletproof headgears and security robots to safeguard the most 'hardworking minister' Nigeria has ever got.

The money intended for the procurement of 'tear-rubber airplanes' for our national carrier should immediately be re-assigned for this task. We can make do with 55 year old airplanes as long as our 'daughter' is safe!

#TeamOduahmustnotbeassassinated!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by tchigofigo(m): 12:13am On Nov 26, 2013
i fink they got U ALL..interestingly, dis reaction (as evident in NL), was xpctd by d perpetrators of dis act.,to throw her back into d lime-lights.,do u guys fink She n all her advisers ar so FOolish to stage dis..even a 5 yr old wld uncover d ploy! i'm sure d plot got dm thrown aback, hence d delayed report(afta 3 days)..,now d 'wounds' av bn re-opened..,and dats y her enemies did this. I fink she shld jst resign.,she can't win this..n she 4kd up!
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2013
The argument that some people hate Stella Oduah simply because of where she comes seems justified going by the attitude of those baying for her blood on this thread. Even with the alleged attempt on the life of the minister, no benefit of doubt from the bunch of haters. With no independent investigation, no nothing, they have already passed judgement, declared the incident a set-up, making jest of a very serious incident.

Meanwhile, is it just a mere coincidence that the same set of people demanding the head of the president on a platter are also after the minister of aviation? What a coincidence? Its all politics, isn't it?

Even if we'r to speculate on this matter, I dont see any reason the minister would orchestrate this incident now that the armoured car controversy is beginning to die down. I dont think it makes sense.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by deebrain(m): 12:21am On Nov 26, 2013
our politicians will beat nollywood talents hands down. These stunts did not start today. If its not for public sympathy, its to try to make people accept their corrupt points.
Shame!

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by AdeniyiA(m): 12:24am On Nov 26, 2013
since she is a bulletproof woman, the shooter was only testing testing cheesy
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Akiika: 12:31am On Nov 26, 2013
Ah ah ah ah!!! this is the funniest country i have ever known.
All this movie to prove the purchase of bullet proof cars?
What about inflation of the price?
Ride on jare madam minister...your people mumu.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by smartg(m): 12:36am On Nov 26, 2013
I still don't see anything wrong for anybody to buy a bulletpruf car if they have the MONEY.

Asking if anybody is after your life is a stupid question, cos even a mad man on the street knows that somebody/something is always after his life, and that is why he is mad.
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Akiika: 12:38am On Nov 26, 2013
Dora Akunyili with all the enemies she made while in NAFDAC didn't request or buy armored car. She later became a federal minister, yet she didn't still buy bullet proof car. This is the woman that stood her ground when the cabal's wanted Yar'Adua's wife to continue to rule Nigeria when her husband was disabled.
Of course, such people cannot remain a minister because she would not disappear with the president abroad when they should be attending to official matters.
The last has not been heard of Jonathan-Diezani-Oduah relationship.
Katakata go burst very soon.

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by ceaser: 12:39am On Nov 26, 2013
Alikaxon: Who could be those after her life?

The first thing that comes to a smart mine is it's all arrangee things organised to garner sympathy for her otherwise why is it happening at around the time she's in the armoured BMW mess? And the dangers of her having enemies isn't the greatest of the ministers' portfolios. Even the coordinating minister for the economy is a more endangered specie. You see, the annoying things about Nigerian leaders is how intellectually deprived they think Nigerians are. The same manner Bode George feigned collapse during his trial in the courtroom, Cecilia Ibru played similar games. Who wouldn't put two and two together to deduct correctly that this was staged? Why hadn't she waited for about 6 to 7 months before doing such at which time it'll be more credible she's in danger and as such can cleverly shut down her critics or better still waited silently for the scandal to die a natural death as it was with past scandals. Just an observation.

Sunny_bobo: The Yoruba mafia at work.

Hehehe. Na wa o. Sure that'l be the next mantra na. It's the expected song.

zeelo2014:
THe same way the assasins got Dora abi?
Dora was a woman of substance, detribalized and does not care whose ox is gored (remember she prosecuted her own relative for erring) and therefore is definitely bound to step on toes. Personally i respect and adore her more than these current crop. She was actually recommended for that appointment based on her history of honesty, accountability and dedication in the civil service.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by omiata(m): 12:39am On Nov 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin This is how those thugs in government think of us.... simpleton, bunch of low mental aggregate, lazy and docile nigerians.. She is very sure nothing will happen to her and her office... nice movie Stealer...

Nigerians need to think deep, how long will these thieves in government continue to loot our commonwealth...

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by oluwamikkie: 12:45am On Nov 26, 2013
I still dey laf grin grin!!!! Nonse lies!!!!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by ronalmagic10(m): 12:46am On Nov 26, 2013
smartg :
I still don't see anything wrong for anybody to buy a bulletpruf car if they have the MONEY.

Guy, you don't get d dig. Do you? It's not her money. No one cares how she chooses to spend her money by the way. Besides, the cost were highly inflated. Wake up

@topic, I don't believe anyone would want to physically attack this woman at this moment. Ok, why wasn't she in her car? Any witness to corroborate the conjured story? Was anyone hurt? Why weren't the attackers arrested or at least engaged in a gun battle. You don't spray some bullet at a minister's car and just walk away, right? How come they are reporting the incident three days later? This remain as a typical Nollywood story to me-- badly-written, poorly acted and too easily predictable.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by oluwamikkie: 12:47am On Nov 26, 2013
I still dey laf grin grin!!!! Nonsense lies!!!!
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Itsmedan: 12:47am On Nov 26, 2013
kennyonthrone: Action film
Where is nollywood? I can't wait to see the action movie soon. Nigeria we hail thee. What men can do women can do better. Bunch of thieves
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 26, 2013
shollaire: Lols! The Gunman was like sorry madam we didn't come for you. It's your car that offend us.
With the amount of media given to those cars, am sure even fools know that the cars are bullet-proof. so what is the point of shooting at a bullet-proof car when the target is missing?
The producer of this season film deserves a knock to the head!
grin grin cheesy cheesy
U are wicked grin
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by FreeWill01: 1:02am On Nov 26, 2013
Nigerians no get sense, the funny thing is that foolish people are so confident that she staged it, but the real smart ones are doubtful to whether she is this silly, if she was,she wouldn't be a minister in naija....guys wake up,she's smarter than that, the desperadoes are too desperate to think....GEJ knows people are just after her and that is why he is not doing anything about the bulletproof cars.
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by lagcity(m): 1:03am On Nov 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The argument that some people hate Stella Oduah simply because of where she comes seems justified going by the attitude of those baying for her blood on this thread. Even with the alleged attempt on the life of the minister, no benefit of doubt from the bunch of haters. With no independent investigation, no nothing, they have already passed judgement, declared the incident a set-up, making jest of a very serious incident.

Meanwhile, is it just a mere coincidence that the same set of people demanding the head of the president on a platter are also after the minister of aviation? What a coincidence? Its all politics, isn't it?

Even if we'r to speculate on this matter, I dont see any reason the minister would orchestrate this incident now that the armoured car controversy is beginning to die down. I dont think it makes sense.
Give it a rest. The corrupt woman should have been more creative with the assassination plot. She wasn't creative in looting nor in this yeye plot.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Ten1: 1:05am On Nov 26, 2013
Staged! nice 1
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by FreeWill01: 1:11am On Nov 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: Our people say if you don't know where the rain started beating definitely you wouldn't know where it will stop.

The Genesis and the Exodus are captured here-in

Now with this report, everything now makes sense....why GEJ is not doing anything. Mtchewwwww, Oduah complete your tenure joor
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by cjprince(m): 1:14am On Nov 26, 2013
They want to tell us.... ''If no be say, she bought the armoured car'' to justify the purchase of the car. Why is it that she has not been attacked before the cars were bought? They can't decieve us oooooooooooooo.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by hybeekay9: 1:27am On Nov 26, 2013
This advertisement of Stella Oduah's film is nt interesting at all, i cant buy it!
If she wanna justify herself from d probe, she should try 2 hire some smellos to kidnap or shoot at her limb, then i will buy d film... Anytin less dan that, i can buy d film grin

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by forumcitizens: 1:27am On Nov 26, 2013
If true, must they kill her! They are also thieves themselves...
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by cannonnier(m): 1:28am On Nov 26, 2013
really!

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by WarriPikin1: 1:38am On Nov 26, 2013
[size=15pt]This is not a laughing matter o!
Adequate security should be provided around the honorable Minister Princess Oduah.

Those doing their media smear campaign of calumny having obviously failed to cajole her into resigning or being sacked,have now started hiring gunmen to assassinate her. The police should leave no stone unturned to apprehend those behind this heinous act.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Moralistli(m): 1:55am On Nov 26, 2013
That is Nigeria for you,,,, manipulating everytin,,,, A country deeply soaked in corruption.... A country that uses corruption to tackle corruption...Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 26, 2013
Stella Spielberg. Nollywood hottest director.

Coming to to a theatre near you.
Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by Femistico(m): 2:09am On Nov 26, 2013
wetin dey do diz woman, who do u think we are? you set up urself so as to justify d armoured cars you bought...u are doomed

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja by chamboy(m): 2:30am On Nov 26, 2013
theoctopus1:

Yes I think you are a foool!
You are the bigger fool them dey act film u dey believe u berra wake up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Onofiok Luke Kneels Down For Udom Emmanuel's Supreme Court Victory / Security Shoots As Crowd Throws Stone At Atiku's Convoy In Ogun (Video) / Tinubu: I Will Withdraw Police Escorts From VIPs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.