Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

I'm Fed Up!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Fed Up!! (8948 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / I'm Fed Up / I'm Fed Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by hariorh: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hmmm... The fastest way to man's heart...

Keep scrolling o....

Almost there...

Guy better go learn how to cook. This ain't the 16th century!!!

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
deols:

Men and women should learn to cook.

Thanks!. kiss

But not all are interested in kitchen matters. Most people just believe females should automatically have affinity for cooking just because they are women. That was the point i was trying to make.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
deols:
Men and women should learn to cook.

just like women should learn to change car tyres, repair garage doors, install huge electrical appliances, change a bulb, replace a blown fuse.

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by sugardaddy1(m): 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
I don't care how delicious or tasteless my wife's food is, I just enjoy it as it is. However, if she annoys me and shows no remorse, my most potent weapon is to always abandon her food for days (or weeks sometimes) until she apologizes and I am convinced she is truly sorry. I doubt if this OP can reject his wife's food even when slapped and insulted on top of it when he evenetually marries.

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:

This is just wrong.

If a man is expected to learn how to cook, then why cant the woman also learn how to cook?

And since when do women glory in telling men they (the men) are expected to be the ones doing the cooking? Where is all this belated women's lib coming from, since white women do cook for their african or non african spouses?

If you are both working and you expect to be too tired to cook afterwards, thats different ftom openly stating the man is the one who should be in the kitchen.

I didnt say women shouldn't learn how to cook. She can be taught how to cook, but what if she isnt interested. what are you going to do about that? Just like we have as much white women cooking for their african spouses we also have those that arent interested and cant be bothered with kitchen matters.

What's wrong with a man being in the kitchen if he can cook?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by pickabeau1: 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tpia on point
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by hariorh: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover:

OMG!!!!!! I am agreeing with coogar embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

There are so many things that I cant/wont/allowed to do such as driving in Nigeria or switching on the gen if my husband is around.

IMO there are some things that one sex is better at or comes more naturally to . . .things like cooking ogbonna soup tongue

Thanks for being honest and truthful... There are just those things particularly suited for each sex. Anything otherwise would be weird and controversial

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by deols(f): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

just like women should learn to change car tyres, repair garage doors, install huge electrical appliances, change a bulb, replace a blown fuse.

there is no big deal in any of those. I like that I am able to do anything I want to without having to rely on others.

So actually, I would fix all of those things if I could and not wait that someone else must do them for me.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by deols(f): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
$ugardaddy:
I don't care how delicious or tasteless my wife's food is, I just enjoy it as it is. However, if she annoys me and shows no remorse, my most potent weapon is to always abandon her food for days (or weeks sometimes) until she apologizes and I am convinced she is truly sorry. I doubt if this OP can reject his wife's food even when slapped and insulted on top of it when he evenetually marries.

So after cooking, you would allow her time and energy be wasted just like that?

Is she allowed to punish you in some ways when you also offend her and until you beg and beg?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
deols:

there is no big deal in any of those. I like that I am able to do anything I want to without having to rely on others.

So actually, I would fix all of those things if I could and not wait that someone else must do them for me.

good - now preach the same to the other women to learn to fix "those things".
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by pickabeau1: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
deols:

Can you change tires in a car
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by deols(f): 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

good - now preach the same to the other women to learn to fix "those things".

my preaching is to both men and women to learn to take responsibility for themselves and not put their inadequacies on other people.

If you must eat home cooked food, learn to cook and if you won't pay to have your bulb fixed, learn to fix it.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover:

I can, cos my dad taught me all that . . . . but I wont change any tyre if oga is there and even if oga is not there, I will still call my breakdown service to come and do it. grin

i like your honesty - ogbonna or no ogbonna. grin

deols:
my preaching is to both men and women to learn to take responsibility for themselves and not put their inadequacies on other people.

If you must eat home cooked food, learn to cook and if you won't pay to have your bulb fixed, learn to fix it.

all we are saying is there are gender roles - there are some stuff men are naturally good at, same as the women.

do men not open doors for women? help carry their bags? i cannot count the number of times i have helped mothers carry their buggies at train stations - i dunno these women but it's just something most women cannot do themselves....
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by tpia5: 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
lady gogo:

I didnt say women shouldn't learn how to cook. She can be taught how to cook, but what if she isnt interested. what are you going to do about that? Just like we have as much white women cooking for their african spouses we also have those that arent interested and cant be bothered with kitchen matters.

What's wrong with a man being in the kitchen if he can cook?

I am yet to meet a white woman who openly says she doesnt cook.

Maybe i havent met anyone from high money so far.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by deols(f): 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover:

Mama niyen grin grin grin

But seriously would you leave your bedroom at 2am in the morning to go outside and switch on the gen, if oga was lying beside you grin
Me I wouldnt o! I will even wake him up if he is sleeping to ask him to go and do it.

LOl.

I don't have to do these things but I try to. Boys do the gen thing in my house but I make sure I go close and ask them how. I hate to be in a situation where I am not able to help myself.

So, imagine that no one is at home and I needed to On the gen? I would just go and do it..I have only had to do it a few times though.

and I was very young when I learnt to change the tyre. I havent done it as an adult but I remember I did a part of it and I have watched enough times to know that I would get down to business when and if need be.

My problem with all these cooking wahala is, some men get too comfy having everything handed to them that, their pregnant wife won't even get help from them. She is made of iron and must even pound yam.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by deols(f): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:

I am yet to meet a white woman who openly says she doesnt cook.

Maybe i havent met anyone from high money so far.

who cares what a white woman does??

so so unnecessary. You do realise that our daily struggles and those of white women are different?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by tpia5: 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
lady gogo:

Thanks!. kiss

But not all are interested in kitchen matters. Most people just believe females should automatically have affinity for cooking just because they are women. That was the point i was trying to make.

But in nigeria, most girls cook for their families while growing up, unless they have a maid.

So why suddenly decide you are going to switch off the cooking once you are married?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by deols(f): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

i like your honesty - ogbonna or no ogbonna. grin

all we are saying is there are gender roles - there are some stuff men are naturally good at, same as the women.

do men not open doors for women? help carry their bags? i cannot count the number of times i have helped mothers carry their buggies at train stations - i dunno these women but it's just something most women cannot do themselves....

Many women will cook for their families. I have no problem cooking for mine.

But the problem is the idea of gender roles. Things don't have to be so and we've seen instances where roles have been interchanged and perfectly so.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
deols:

Many women will cook for their families. I have no problem cooking for mine.

But the problem is the idea of gender roles. Things don't have to be so and we've seen instances where roles have been interchanged and perfectly so.

gender roles are never 100% interchangeable
i would never subject my woman to anything beyond her natural disposition. i have travelled miles to exchange cars with a girlfriend while her own car broke down. she had to be somewhere urgently & i had to deal with her car. these things are what men would naturally do - just like women would naturally be expected to rule in the kitchen.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
I don't know about u guys but mammy tot me and my bros how to do things equally.
He cooks very well. Like onugbu soup he does d washing(I hate it cos it can stain my fingernals).
We use long broom called akpata to sweet compds in my place. Its seen as children's early morning work or females but my bro does it very well even weeding d compd if need be.
Hubby also cooks very well, I can put on gen,repair hot plate or boiling ring, all those small small handy things.

Don't discriminate, teach ur children to do all things. They will thank u later.
I donk know how to back baby but hubby can do it very well.

We relax cos we hv alternatives. Assuming we don't hv that mindset, I don't think anybody will come here and said he can't cook its a woman thing or I can't on gen its a man thing.
Okpari o.

If its kpekus now everybdy will try to outdo the other in his or her role.
Small time now somebody will say its african thing.

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
YPP

can you do plumbing?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

can you do plumbing?

I do a lot of plumbing. undecided

Next question?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

I do a lot of plumbing. undecided

Next question?

what about making repairs in the roof of the house like electrical repairs and water repairs? undecided
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover:

can you do area boy? tongue grin

Can I DO an area boy? shocked shocked shocked

*borrows Holy water from Mr Bellong and sprays generously on CC*

*sign of the cross*

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

what about making repairs in the roof of the house like electrical repairs and water repairs? undecided

If the answer is on google or youtube and not too time consuming or difficult? Yup, I'm on it. Never had need for any roof repairs but I don't imagine either of us will do it. Would likely call the handyman.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

you really believe ileoba can do plumbing? plumbing ko, bricklaying ni. she cannot replace a blown fuse. my $5 says ileoba does not know where the car-radiator is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are My Friends In Nigeria Always Asking Me For Money? / Brielle And Kyrie Jackson / Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64