Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,399 members, 7,958,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:58 AM

Third Class Candidates - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Third Class Candidates (44497 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Candidates by talk2dayland: 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
ronalmagic10:

So you didn't know b4 u opened d thread abi? U beta go nd open ur thread wit d topic ' advice for graduates with certificate of attendance' and let people advise you b4 it's too late!
. Bro.that's not too good
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
collinsola: Wole Soyinka.....3rd Class
Pastor Christ......3rd Class

Last bullet:

Forget about your grade,work on yourself.

Thank you, Thank you and Thank you.
But i've not always been an advocate of comparison, so i won't start now. But the one thing Graduates(or should I say Job Seekers) have forgotten is the word Marketability. You're as good as your ability to market yourself.
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
Seriously sometimes i find it very difficult to understand Nigerians.

Is this thread encouraging people to graduate with a 3rd class degree or consoling them? Don't you have any shame Mr. OP? You should be covering your face in shame but NO! you had the guts to create a thread and tell the world that you graduated with a 3rd class degree.

What's the difference between a 3rd class degree and a diploma? And who put this nonsense on the front page?

Well i said it that this generation is doomed.
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
emmysoftyou: sorry if these thread is open for third class candidate.
But am here to air my view,because there is a woman who work in one of the reputable company in nigeria,here in lagos,this woman interview my sister,then after interview,she chat with my sist,and told her that she came out with third class ,that afta nysc life became perplexed to her. she later went 4 her master b4 she got her current company job as HR.
My advice to you all is that go do ur master or if yu ve God s connection nuttin wil stop you.
me wey com out wit 2:1 shey coy don giv me job?no na God go do am 4 us o0. No giv up and no let am distract you,God dey see us All and He wil help us all at the nick of time Amen.one love

A recruiter won't give you D job simply because you graduated with a 2:1.

And i'm very sure you've been well beaten to many Jobs by this same 3rd Class graduates you're advising to go for masters
Re: Third Class Candidates by drdams: 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
No apologies! Most 3rd class graduates were Unserious students on campus.
After ur ordeal, u start seeking for hope. There is no link between degree class and success but there is a link between degree class and getting a job (especially as a fresh graduate)

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough: Seriously sometimes i find it very difficult to understand Nigerians.

Is this thread encouraging people to graduate with a 3rd class degree or consoling them? Don't you have any shame Mr. OP? You should be covering your face in shame but NO! you had the guts to create a thread and tell the world that you came out with a 3rd class.

What's the difference between a 3rd class and a diploma? And who put this nonsense on the front page?

abeg go and sleep.y not go and slap the MOD
Re: Third Class Candidates by Juniormoney1(m): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Third Class Candidates by Funjosh(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
With my third klass, i still have a testimony.
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
the nigerian student mentality is "get a good grade and find a gud job",you guyz are not helping nigeria atall with this kind of mentality.
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: abeg go and sleep.y not go and slap the MOD

You should shut up your smelly buccal cavity and stop advising nonsense. I saw where you said "They can go for their Masters".

Which school will accept a 3rd class graduate into a Master Degree program?

Someone that couldn't pass UG will go for a Masters degree program? Someone that couldn't pass additional mathematics should go for Algebra classes. What kind of head do people have in this $hithole of a country called Nigeria?

Nigeria is doomed for life.
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough:

You should shut up your smelly buccal cavity and stop advising nonsense. I saw where you said "They can go for their Masters".

Someone that couldn't pass UG will go for a Masters degree program? Someone that couldn't pass additional mathematics should go for Algebra classes. What kind of head do people have in this $hithole of a country called Nigeria?

I understand your frustration my friend but Nigeria is not doomed.
Re: Third Class Candidates by lepasharon(f): 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough: Seriously sometimes i find it very difficult to understand Nigerians.

Is this thread encouraging people to graduate with a 3rd class degree or consoling them? Don't you have any shame Mr. OP? You should be covering your face in shame but NO! you had the guts to create a thread and tell the world that you came out with a 3rd class.

What's the difference between a 3rd class and a diploma? And who put this nonsense on the front page?

Watch your words.. third class is understandable for science degree programs cos they're harder..but yeah, its still not desirable...
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
lepasharon: I come against third class ijn !....Do you know some unis will not accept you with a third class for some post grad courses?

2:1 and above embarassed
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
kollected22:

I understand your frustration my friend but Nigeria is not doomed.

It is my friend, if our youths embrace this mentality, it's a road for disaster. And just see the way Nigerians are romancing the topic like a 3rd class degree is anything to give you a head-start in life.

Can you imagine a "BioChemistry" student graduated with a 3rd class degree and had the guts to put it on social media.

Note that these are the kind of people that cry the most that there are no jobs meanwhile they have never submitted their credentials to any firm.

But my question is, how did he get to his final year? I thought when you fail a module, you take a resit during your holidays and you only progress to the next session after you have passed all modules. Or how does it work in Nigeria?

You cannot graduate with a 3rd class in "Science" No way!!
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough:

you are so so doomed.kindly show me where i said "they can go for their masters" or saying anytin about a 3rd class degree holder going for a masters.
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
lepasharon:

Watch your words.. third class is understandable for science degree programs cos they're harder..but yeah, its still not desirable...

Seconded lipsrsealed
Re: Third Class Candidates by Pasca07: 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
What rudedough was trying to say is that,they should have let them resit for the exams instead of graduating them with certificate that is not valuable
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
lepasharon:

Seriously!! When i say Nigeria is doomed, some people said i was a bitter person.

So i'll leave my life in the hands of a 3rd class doctor. A doctor that scored below 40% in all his modules from UG 1 - UG 6.

From now onward, i won't be surprised when next i hear that Tinubu went abroad for a Patellofemoral (Knee-cap) Surgery.

Nigeria is gone. My country is gone. Our youths are gone already.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Candidates by 2good(m): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
lepasharon:

Just because you or someone close to you made a third class in a science related course doesn't mean it is understandable. It either means your ability is not strong enough to do the course or you were unserious while in the university. University education is also not compulsory if you cannot cope with the stress in a course or on the other hand, you can switch to less difficult course. People that make 1st class don't have 2 heads or 2 brains. They are simply both smart and hard working people.
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: you are so so doomed.kindly show me where i said "they can go for their masters" or saying anytin about a 3rd class degree holder going for a masters.

Please accept my apology it was "emmysoftyou", kinda similar to your ID.

Now who has this ID? Present your head here let me give you a good knock. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
samtheman:

are you sure?

There are 3rd class graduates that are head of banks, under executive directors...

Btw. what did Bill Gates graduate with... ? Smh..
Re: Third Class Candidates by rommie7: 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough:

Now who has this ID? Present your head here let me give you a good knock. grin grin

U apologized and still made some of us laugh.
Hmmmmm.I like u
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
okpara ugo:

There are 3rd class graduates that are head of banks, under executive directors...

Btw. what did Bill Gates graduate with... ? Smh..

I thought he dropped out ?
Re: Third Class Candidates by lepasharon(f): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pasca07: What rudedough was trying to say is that,they should have let them resit for the exams instead of graduating them with certificate that is not valuable

Once you pass that is it !..you cannot resit to improve your grade,its not like school. A third class is just a pass remember ? (40%)..thats how UK universities operate tho.. dunno bout naija...
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough:

apology accepted and lol
Re: Third Class Candidates by o42austino(m): 7:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
well i had PASS but am a CEO now. I had issue with a female Lecturer when i was at UNIZIK and she promised me that i will neva graduate and she keeped to her words for fours after my mates graduated was when i finally graduated but during those four-five years that i was waiting i started a little company and thank God for That PASS cos it opened my eyes to the world of possibilities, after paying my staffs i pay my self and on a bad month that business is low i still have enough to pay my self $3000-5000USD and this those not include company fund.AM IN NIGERIA HERE NOT ABROAD.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Candidates by olabode89(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
tabisegroup: ... I wil never allow exam results decide ma fate in dis life..#TeamBillGate#.

I think it's high time people understand the difference between graduating with a poor grade and droping out of school to pursue a dream. Gates dropped out of school to focus and channel his energy into his Microsoft. Project/business. Bill Gates was in an Ivy Legue College and hid grades were very good.

I get pissed off whenever I get to see people comparing Bill Gates to people that finished with poor grades.

From my time in school and stories from people that graduated with third class, I made a hypothesis that people graduate with a third class because of the following

1. No interest in course of study

2. Getting carried away with the social aspect of the university.

3. Lack of required Competency

4. Victimisation (mostly with ladies).

I believe that once one can truthful sit down and do an unbias assessment on the reason why they graduated with poor grades it goes a long way in building self confidence and knowing the right step to take.

For those saying that grades should not be a criteria in recruitment processes should know that grades represents ability to work hard, follow rules/guidelines etc.

Also I will like to correct the notion that companies abroad do not favor graduates with good grades that they believe in potentials and other things. It's a very big falacy, Top Consulting Firms (the MBB) do not only select the guys with the best grades they even have prefrence for guys that graduated from Ivy League schools and have done some important internship.

Finally grades do not decide one's future, understanding areas of limitation, interests, and also getting some formal or informal training can go a long way in setting peeps that graduated with bad grades on a bright path. Self pity won't do the magic, We all can't work in the corporate world, get up and ACT NOW!!!!

Bodmania.
Re: Third Class Candidates by lepasharon(f): 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough:

Seriously!! When i say Nigeria is doomed, some people said i was a bitter person.

So i'll leave my life in the hands of a 3rd class doctor. A doctor that scored below 40% in all his modules from UG 1 - UG 6.

From now onward, i won't be surprised when next i hear that Tinubu went abroad for a Patellofemoral (Knee-cap) Surgery.

Nigeria is gone. My country is gone. Our youths are gone already.

grin grin..lol i dont think there anything like a third class doctor and a 3rd is just above 40% by the way..borderline
Re: Third Class Candidates by valdprof: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
tope56: I came out with third class but I never allow it to weight me down I didn't even tell my friends except my course mate so that hey will not discourage me and thank God today those that came out with first class are working under me.
bloody liar
Re: Third Class Candidates by valdprof: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
collinsola: Wole Soyinka.....3rd Class
Pastor Christ......3rd Class

Last bullet:

Forget about your grade,work on yourself.
lie alert...piiiiiiiii
Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
lepasharon:

grin grin..lol i dont think there anything like a third class doctor and a 3rd is just above 40% by the way..borderline

LOL but lets face it. Will you trust your life to a doctor who only knows 40% of his job? A doctor that will perform a surgery on you using trial and error procedure.

Tinubu traveled abroad for a Patellofemoral (Knee-cap) Surgery, a surgery that takes less than 20 mins to perform.
President Jonathan too traveled abroad to treat dysentery. lipsrsealed

Who wants to put his life in the hands of a trial and error doctor? Not me abeg. cheesy cheesy
Re: Third Class Candidates by lepasharon(f): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
rudedough:

LOL but lets face it. Will you trust your life to a doctor who only knows 40% of his job? A doctor that will perform a surgery on you using trial and error procedure.

Tinubu traveled abroad for a Patellofemoral (Knee-cap) Surgery, a surgery that takes less than 20 mins to perform.
President Jonathan too traveled abroad to treat dysentery. lipsrsealed

Who wants to put his life in the hands of a trial and error doctor? Not me abeg. cheesy cheesy

Well,that's the way the university system is set up isn't it? 40% is seen as competent enough that's why its seen as pass standard and they are allowed to graduate with it.The unis should know what they are doing undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Grand Lead Heritage / TOP 5 Nigerian Oil Servicing Companies You May Like To Work In / The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.