Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Third Class Candidates - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Third Class Candidates (44264 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Candidates by 2good(m): 9:32am On Dec 02, 2013
Ayoola171: I believe this world itself is beyond man's reasoning (Mystereous), i believe graduatn frm University with best grade is an added advantage over fellow with lesser grades, but i'm afraid how some people here attached life success to University grades, what of those people that never made it to University talkless of graduatn; can we say they are prone to failure? I believe u can still make best out of urself irrespectful of ur present challenges, it's all a functn of urself. Even d world of God testify i.e "As a man thinketh; so be it". Why some ppl are now sayn thirdies are failures, unless if they themselfs admit they are. Read this " I remember, when i was told you are not going to play football again; and all hope was lost, i prayed and i came back to win trophies" Kanu Nwankwo. So pals, "If it's going to be; is up to me, the me i see; is the me i'll be. Thanks.

I very much understand what you are trying to say. The problem is that many people that graduate with low grade in the university try to justify their failure by given excuses like its cool to have such a bad grade or that they have no bad feeling and that graduating with a first class or 2-1 makes no difference to them. It is that self denial that pisses lot of people. It is better to accept your fate and try to work very hard to achieve in other areas in life rather than trying to make a rubbish of the hardwork of students that graduate with a better grade. An example is the guy saying first class graduate are working under him like he has achieved something in that regard and you will notice that not a single 1st class or 2-1 graduate here have made such a silly comment and I am sure that if 1st class and 2-1 graduate start talking about their achievements in life as a result of their good grade, most of these guys bragging about their poor grades viz-a-viz achievement will shut up in shame.
The point is accept you fate and work hard in life to achieve something rather than talking trash about people with better university grade.

7 Likes

Re: Third Class Candidates by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2013
2good:

I very much underdtand what you are trying to say. The problem is that many people that graduate with low grade in the university try to justify their failure by given excuses like its cool to have such a bad grade or that they have no bad feeling and that graduating with a first class or 2-1 makes no difference to them. It is that self denial that pisses lot of people. It is better to accept your fate and try to work very hard to achieve in other areas in life rather than trying to make a rubbish of the hardwork of students that graduate with a better grade. An example is the guy saying first class graduate are working under him like he has achieved something in that regard and you will notice that not a single 1st class or 2-1 graduate here have made such a silly comment and I am sure that if 1st class and 2-1 graduate start talking about their achievements in life as a result of their good grade, most of these guys bragging about their poor grades viz-a-viz achievment will shut up in shame.
The point is accept you fate and work hard in life to achieve something rather than talking trash about people with better university grade.

2good I'm going to file a lawsuit against you for intellectual property theft. You just know how to steal plagiarize my thoughts. And let me please add.

Just so we are clear, no one attributed academic grades to general failure. What i did was attribute a 3rd class degree to academic failure and that's a very good example of academic failure. No excuses!!
Re: Third Class Candidates by Unluvable(f): 10:50am On Dec 02, 2013
3rd class means you failed academically!
Now you can succeed in other parts of your life, have mansions and the rest but the fact remains!

The question I keep asking, is why bother to go the university when you know you don't need the damn degree to be a dangote, save the money.

*i find it hard to celebrate mediocrity*

1 Like

Re: Third Class Candidates by Jsean: 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
Re: Third Class Candidates by arnold2mei(m): 10:36am On Jan 18, 2018
Ayoola171:
I believe this world itself is beyond man's reasoning (Mystereous), i believe graduatn frm University with best grade is an added advantage over fellow with lesser grades, but i'm afraid how some people here attached life success to University grades, what of those people that never made it to University talkless of graduatn; can we say they are prone to failure? I believe u can still make best out of urself irrespectful of ur present challenges, it's all a functn of urself. Even d world of God testify i.e "As a man thinketh; so be it". Why some ppl are now sayn thirdies are failures, unless if they themselfs admit they are. Read this " I remember, when i was told you are not going to play football again; and all hope was lost, i prayed and i came back to win trophies" Kanu Nwankwo. So pals, "If it's going to be; is up to me, the me i see; is the me i'll be. Thanks.
I love this your comment
Re: Third Class Candidates by stankelz: 11:45am On Jan 29, 2020
2great:
My achievement soo far can only be attributed to my 3rd class degree.How?It made me over ambitious rite from nysc; I was doing professional courses as a corper while learning sewing and foreign languages. I was seriously preparing on how to blast an interview reading different materials that come my way. I was also applying for jobs online because I've gained soo much confidence reading materials. I acquired enough skills during my nysc and was applying for jobs and at the same time preparing for the worst.
All I needed and prayed for was just getting called for an interview...I got job as a teamleader(coordinator/manager) in a PLC company in Lagos 2mths after NYSC. My oral interview+God did the magic. Only one of the managers that interviewed me talked about the 3rd class but my performance made him recommend me.
It remained a top secret to me that I came out with 3rd, as none of my family members/staff knws about it since I don't even carry myself like one. I bet they will argue it if anyone leaks the secret.
I got another job after a year but I had to tell the GM myself after the interview that I'm sorry I lied I made a 2:2, that I actually made a 3rd as submitted in my credentials owing to circumstances I couldn't control. My performance actually prompted them to ask if I made a 1st or 2:1 rily, n I cldnt but say 2:2 n dy got disturbed why I didn't mk a 2:1.
In conclusion, nothing is comparable to being the best and making a good grade. I have also had nights of silent cries, I have been limited in applying for some great jobs in multinationals since there is a requirement of not less than 2:1 or 2:2.
I've interviewed and recruited 2:1, 2:2 and even Msc within my 1st year of wrk; so....the place of God n skills is key!
All da best! For present undergraduates, pls strive to make a good grade to have a peace of mind and be generally acceptable; no excuse is genuine for failure. I wish I have a better grade though; it would have been a better compliment with the inherent zeal and skills.
pls how can I contact you,need to speak with you
Re: Third Class Candidates by Simaone: 11:22am On Jan 30, 2020
tejusexyeyes:
Hello people. I finished with a third class in Biochemistry and i sometimes feel inferior submitting my CV. I wish to go for Pgd or professional course but dont know how to go about it.
Hello,
Good day.
Hope there have been great steps taken all these years and you are now on a higher level

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2012 NNPC Graduate Trainees Recruitment. Deadline 21 December 2012 / 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment Official Thread. / Grand Lead Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.