Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow (36655 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! / Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by mrrock: 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
The governor is not serious. This is not an apology but a political statement to rescue his image
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by ify84(m): 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
stop d noise dat he has apologies publicly....the woman does not have money to buy newspaper ....she may not have tv at home... so, oshiomole shd go to her house and apologised, and pay back what he destroyed from d woman...and empower her... dats d only reasonable adress to dix issue...dat any reasonable person shd b saying...

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by OmoTier1(m): 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
eluquenson: Oshiomole will publicly invite the stowaway boy to government house to use for publicity stunt. But will not invite this poor woman he has heartlessly destroyed her hope to same government house and publicly apologize to her.

And I ask; what is the real reason for governance? To make the peoples' life better or to make their lives miserable? And these are the kind of people you guys will stay under the sun to vote for.
Mtcheeew undecided
Am I surprised at the nonsensical comments from folks like you? Tell the world that you have never wronged anyone in your life and you ended up apologizing? Hypocrites
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Gregzee: 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hypocritical Nigerians! Why not remove the Log in your own eyes before you can see the speck in the others eyes. If I were in The comrade Governors shoe, I will do the same.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by OmoTier1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
ify84: stop d noise dat he has apologies publicly....the woman does not have money to buy newspaper ....she may not have tv at home... so, oshiomole shd go to her house and apologised, and pay back what he destroyed from d woman...and empower her... dats d only reasonable adress to dix issue...dat any reasonable person shd b saying...
very silly comment! Do you know if the woman has been addressed by the governor himself? As for the goods, the law is blind to all, but I know Nigerians glory in lawlessness, therefore you comment is not surprising. I really do wonder from where Nigerians got the hearts they have! Sometimes, reading comments by Nigerians makes one truly wonder!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by wittytezzy(m): 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
In saner climes like the US and Canada he should have resigned honourably. I have totally lost my respect for this man.
u.s & cana-what? saner climes my foot! you know of a prophet that hails from thr?
10k God u ddnt say Osho should hang himself,,,if u say u lost ur respect 4 him we that appreciate the value of good leadership don't or which PDP leader go abt the street looking out for lawbreakers like her?
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Ngokafor(f): 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oshiomole out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaks...you must be a wicked man to wish death on a poor widow...apology my foot!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by naptu2: 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
theoctopus:

You are back to your old ways again. That is why I said your question was silly. Is whether they forgive him or not the issue? What has that got to do with the iddiot governor doing the right thing? What is worse than the iddiots action is the meaningless spin some of you are making out of it. Tell your evil governor to go and do the right thing.

Gosh! More emotions and no substance. If forgiving him is not the issue, then why are you asking for an apology? Who determines what "the right thing" is? You? The woman? The people of Edo?

(I'm sure he's not going to answer my questions again, because he can't. He's just going to get emotional and throw words around).

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by wittytezzy(m): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
mrrock: The governor is not serious. This is not an apology but a political statement to rescue his image

Yeah, his drowning reputation needs more rescue mission than d batterred reputation of d lawless widow
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by andyanders: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
obalolaunited: Hez probably a nairalander it's too late to cry when the head is off

Yesoooooooooooo. Is he saying that his brain was off when he went mad telling the lady to die? He is contradiction to human history.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Ayatullah(m): 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
omanzo02:

Too late, that comment will haunt him henceforth and can be dug out online anyday, anytime and anywhere, lol.

Its Never Late to say sorry. Governor Oshiomole is a mortal like you and me who could make mistake especially at a moment of anger. Haven regretted his angry outburst, he has once again shown his humility. Oshiomole remains THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE. No Widow can bring him down.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by onuwaprecious(m): 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
I love the apology that Edo state gov. Adams made He realized that He made a mistake. That is very good of Him. No human is perfect we are bound to make mistakes.only God is perfect.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by smd(m): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
JulianBond007: He should tender a written apology letter to the woman and Edo people in general for his uncouth behaviour. Not only that,he should give the woman a monetary compensation. Next time he shouldn't talk to people any how because he's a governor.

did he write a letter on d comment he made against d woman? Apology is apology no matter wht form it takes. Don't let us take d matter to far. Sm ppl dont even admit their mistakes easily lik ds.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by ocheejemb: 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Every disappointment is a blessing. Oshiomole shouldn't have made that single comment, but if she was selling illegally on the road then sadly, her goods needed to have been seized, and the Governor of all people needs to uphold the law.

But he did, and someone filmed it. She might much more money off this incident than she did selling stuff on the road. People are already seeking how to dash her money even on Nairaland.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by pmc01(m): 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
priscaoge: Too late to apologise....For the Bible says "Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard" Proverbs 21:13
(KJV)

How harsh! Ahn Ahn. So people are supposed to be perfect? Na wah o.

Thank God for a tolerant Islam o. Later, them go talk say Islam is harsh. Smh!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Going by the highlighted, you have reading and comprehension issues...
Mr APC e-rode.nt, good to see you are already here trying very hard to justify and earn your image job wage. Oya go on spreading your evil gospel. Poor soul!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta: This is one of the many attributes of a great and stand up leader.

Agbameta! U're becoming popular these days ooo(on NL) for bad reasons though.

In one thread you praise Oshio, saying he did no wrong - that the woman committed a crime and therefore should 'go and die'. But here you are also praising him for apologising.

You confuse me, it's like you don't have a mind of your own, you probably never reason objectively.

Sometimes I wonder if you are looking after the interest of a particular political party instead of the peace and progress of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by 2000days: 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Says who?

Do you want to tell me that you have never at any point in time said or did anything you never regretted?

The man has apologized for his uncouthness. That's fine by me.

As for those saying she wasn't hawking, I don't believe Oshiomole just decided to attack her without her having to have broken one law or the other which would have landed her in jail by now in more developed countries, widow or no widow.
your I'd should. Be bittermom not sweetiemom ,asshole
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by MrEverest(m): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
doncaster: Exactly, the attributes of Good APC govs. Clap for him and tell him to go and carry his trophy at the national stadium.

Don't mind the APC hypocrites, they claim to be saints yet they are worse than PDP, at least PDP politricians are not pretending that they are good unlike those APC goons that eat their corrupt cake and still want to have it back. I have lost any atom of regard for this ugly midget called Oshiomole, he is as wicked as he looks.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Turbocharged: 12:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Sweetlemon: I'm leaving you all over-sabi people here. I have said enough.

U better go. Brainless slowpoke
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Ayatullah(m): 12:48am On Nov 30, 2013
astronautog: lol that video spread like wide fire even my grandpa phoned me and was swearing 4 oshio on the phone!!!

All your grandpa teeth will remove within seven days for swearing for Oshiomhole, then his mouth will be empty like this cheesy
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by RedReact: 1:03am On Nov 30, 2013
nitlad:

Throughout this whole godtdam article, the part in bold is the only place where the unrepentant brute is quoted and it has nothing to do with apology.

Adams Oshiomole, woe unto you!
That was unfair, gentleman, to declare woe unto a fellow man. Why were we condemning him in the first place if not for utterance like this? He made a mistake, a costly one that made me get disappointed in him, but I don't need to curse him because no one is a saint; though I expect public personalities like Adams to be more wary of what they say because they represent us.
Who knows whether he has made plans or efforts to retrace the woman to get her belongings back? We cannot fight evil with evil, though we give strong disapproval of an evil behaviour. It will be good if human right lawyers (provided they exist at point) to locate the woman and get her some help, whether legal or any other means. Words are really powerful and this has caused a stain on Mr Adams' personality, that may take a long time for him to get washed out of it completely, but it doesn't warrant declaring woe unto him, with his admittance.to the women that came visiting (whether political apology or not).
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by ChildofChukwu(m): 1:49am On Nov 30, 2013
***Clears throat***
I couldn't hold back the tears as I watched that poor widow being treated like a stray dog by a governor. This is the height of insensitivity to say the least. Adams Oshiomole needs to apologize to that poor widow in person, ask her forgiveness; and compensate her for the humiliation. NOT just tender an apology to the leadership of FOMWAN. It is sad enough that she lost her husband and is struggling to make ends meet, but to be publicly told "YOU ARE A WIDOW GO AND DIE" is just unbearable. The tears of a widow is something God takes seriously as seen in Psalms 68:5 - A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, [is] God in his holy habitation.

This is democracy NOT military rule!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Okudiover(m): 3:25am On Nov 30, 2013
Mr Everest:

Don't mind the APC hypocrites, they claim to be saints yet they are worse than PDP, at least PDP politricians are not pretending that they are good unlike those APC goons that eat their corrupt cake and still want to have it back. I have lost any atom of regard for this ugly midget called Oshiomole, he is as wicked as he looks.
Why are you calling him a midget do you want APC to lose 2015 elections?
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Okudiover(m): 3:27am On Nov 30, 2013
cry cry cry For those of you who did not see my tears as I was watching the video here is a replay cry cry cry.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by thegeorgy(f): 3:48am On Nov 30, 2013
[img][/img]

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Mayflowa(m): 3:50am On Nov 30, 2013
I wonder why women activists have not taken advantage of the situation to condemn lack of widow welfare in the state.

They should embark on protest to govt house with black entire to tell the governor they won't die
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by ocelot2006(m): 3:59am On Nov 30, 2013
Moderators, pls change the topic of this thread 'cos a statement of regret was given by Oshiomole, NOT an apology.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 30, 2013
Too late
You can't unbreak an egg and we the people have taken note
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Adadio: 5:43am On Nov 30, 2013
Was this not the same problem he had with Nyiam of the Confab committee?Gov Oshio should watch how he talks down on people.Hope his wearing of Tai Solarin type Khaki outfits is not to deceive us that he is still a comrade and not and oppressor abi downpressor man.Naija self and her leaders.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by faamo419: 5:49am On Nov 30, 2013
omanzo02:

Too late, that comment will haunt him henceforth and can be dug out online anyday, anytime and anywhere, lol.

Nothing is too late we know he has made a mistake so pls let us forgive him... Anybody can make mistake .. More over if u offend Jesus and ask for forgiveness he will surely forgive you no mata the time ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mohammed Isa Killed By ESN, Not Our Member - Miyetti Allah / INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election / Senator Ayogu Eze Defects To APC In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.