Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow (36657 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! / Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by TexasR: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2013
Where is the apology?
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 30, 2013
donphilopus: That's what I wanted to hear! My comrade governor sir, go and sin no more! Your sins have been forgiven.

some NL are like God is great " pastor donphilopus
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2013
FreeGlobe:
in foreign countries oshiomole would have resigned over this crude and barbaric statement. we reject this apology. oshiomole must invite her to the govt house or visit her or make a statement of apology. Its not as if he has programs for widows.
Exactly! Just as Obama resigned when he called kanyewest a jackass. undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by katordidi(m): 7:01am On Nov 30, 2013
99/100:

What is this one saying?
Can't u for once call a spade by its name?
Must u defend Oshiomole even it means trauncating or upturning truth and facts?
Oshiomole f-ucked up big time and u must accept it.
noboby is saying wat he did was right but he has accepted it and apologised and thats that
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2013
God will judge you Governor Adams Oshiomole. You know how to give models who come for pageantry in your state lots of cash but you bully, harass and berate a poor widow telling her to "go and die" simply because she probably broke the law. You didn't exhibit any leadership quality but have just reminded us indeed what a backward third world country we are in. You might fool others but it is clear now that PDP was never the problem of this country. Our problem ever since has been thugs shuffling themselves in different political parties, claiming to have one vision or the other when in reality they're only there to open more Swiss and Cayman bank accounts. Because whether APC or PDP, you are all in your various political offices to loot money, impoverish the masses and create more unemployment. Political parties without ideologies! That the woman was hawking in the first place is a proof that Edo state like many other states is nowhere near development despite your "achievements". I am glad you people can no longer wait till 2015 to expose your true colours but the agitation of the moment is driving you all beyond insanity. Thank God for social media, more evils will be exposed. The world is watching!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Afritop(m): 7:10am On Nov 30, 2013
He meant what he said to the widow. If the media have not publicized the comment he wouldm't have apologized
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by AdeniyiA(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2013
A question bothering my mind is, why did a widower(Oshio) had a 'go n die' encounter with a widow? I think the only way to make this apology acceptable is for the gov'r to read the signs on the wall, 'consider' the woman.then all Nigerians will laugh n forgive his sins. equations balanced... cheesy
if u kno n support what I mean say 'aye'
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by DECOtech(m): 7:21am On Nov 30, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
In saner climes like the US and Canada he should have resigned honourably. I have totally lost my respect for this man.
My friend, go and sit down!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by FIRIKI(m): 7:24am On Nov 30, 2013
[quote author=wirinet]This is not an apology, it is more of a justification of his action. This is what oshiomole said

Can someone please show me the apology. Who did he apologize to? the woman, the benin people, the visting FOMWAN women or to Nigerians in general?[/quot

On point Bro!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Bollique: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2013
That phrase in some part of the SS of Nigeria is a common way of saying "who cares". If it were to have been used by commoners to themselves, no qualms, they both know the meaning does not go farther. The Governor should have applied restraint. A very good quality of leadership is the ability to apply that when anger wells up. Though a bit late, he owned up and showed and rare trait of good Leadership. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Udehpaschal1(m): 7:50am On Nov 30, 2013
In Mitchelle Obama's tone *power does not change us, it bring out who we really are* smh

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by omo9ja1(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2013
you are a disgrace gov Oshio,

how can you say such comment

I hate to see people who should be a role model in the mess let call spade a spade

your apology is nonsense
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by KDULAR: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2013
Truly sentiments or politics aside in Nigeria/ local parlance when you tell somebody , make you go die does that really means you wish the person to go and die or you telling the person to carry in wahala somewhere else, go siddon or I no care ? Can't we cut the guy some slack (in the voice of President Obama)
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by panasharp(m): 9:22am On Nov 30, 2013
this occult/overt apology ain't bad*buh the damage is done already** I hope His absolutely disconsolate comment will not neccesitate a rendezvous by the "elders " until he's well cocooned in stygian tenebrosity***#shakes head in sympathy for the poor widow
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by abdurrazaq(m): 9:31am On Nov 30, 2013
Okay. The apology (on the wrong and harsh choice of words) should be directed to the ‘widow‘ in person. This is probably a good step by accepting he erred to the visiting group. Watch your words next time.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by chimzy2u: 9:52am On Nov 30, 2013
agbameta: This is one of the many attributes of a great and stand up leader.

U knw nothing abt leadership obviously! Good leaders never take back their words, quote me. At least as a management scholar i know dat.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by chairman: 9:53am On Nov 30, 2013
There is no apology in what he said
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by bukson2(m): 10:56am On Nov 30, 2013
As for me noting concern me... But the fact is that I don't like that Man...B'cus he promise and fail, he promise to be paying copper Till now we never see anything, Is just month... Small time like this he will be calling him self The people Governor when u no listening to people...this not the matter of One party or another... All the politician are the something....
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by felixtare(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2013
JulianBond007: Lollz! Nairaland is full of oversabi people including you. Get your a$$ back here and finish what you started. You never jam! grin tongue
grin[quote author=JulianBond007]Lollz! Nairaland is full of oversabi people including you. Get your a$$ back here and finish what you started. You never jam! grin tongue[/quot

no jure my ribsss abeg
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 30, 2013
chimzy2u:

U knw nothing abt leadership obviously! Good leaders never take back their words, quote me. At least as a management scholar i know dat.
are you saying Obama is not a good leader?
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by henrimoto(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Says who?

Do you want to tell me that you have never at any point in time said or did anything you never regretted?

The man has apologized for his uncouthness. That's fine by me.

As for those saying she wasn't hawking, I don't believe Oshiomole just decided to attack her without her having to have broken one law or the other which would have landed her in jail by now in more developed countries, widow or no widow.
is this your reasoning justifiable for gov. oshiomole to tell the woman to go and die?? do you know what does words mean. ? look, in life, no matter your position, personal worth and societal statues, no man is God ! be considrate to your fellow human that deserves one.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Dfavouredone: 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
Texas_R: Where is the apology?
exactly, l nor see any apology for that statement o. just regret comment. sorri he nor talk. ok, wetin happen to the woman load now, he nor say. Oshio bad attitude don dey reveal themselves, he is not only WICKED but PROUD, not able to apologise when wrong.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by phreakabit(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
A true "PROGRESSIVE". . . . Quite reminiscent of Babatunde Raji Fashola, except for the hairy nose.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Hadehsheyeh(f): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
but d man don apologise nw.anger no good oh make person tuk d truth.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Enahi(f): 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Says who?

Do you want to tell me that you have never at any point in time said or did anything you never regretted?

The man has apologized for his uncouthness. That's fine by me.

As for those saying she wasn't hawking, I don't believe Oshiomole just decided to attack her without her having to have broken one law or the other which would have landed her in jail by now in more developed countries, widow or no widow.
Gosh Mr. Supporter where has thou conscience gone to eh? How would u feel if ur mum or aunt was treated that way? Well he should sha look for the widow and compensate her,no long stories.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by OmoTier1(m): 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
Enahi: Gosh Mr. Supporter where has thou conscience gone to eh? How would u feel if ur mum or aunt was treated that way? Well he should sha look for the widow and compensate her,no long stories.
Let me ask you this one question: Have you ever wrong any person in this life and you have had to apologize for you wrong? If yes, did you move on from the situation? If yes, why are you children of sorrow refusing to let this go?

Some of you are crying more than the bereaved and even in your own life, you are evil incarnated!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Enahi(f): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
astronautog: Pls let's forgive him!!!oshio go and sin no more!!!
Adams will only get true forgiveness when he compensates the widow. Do you know the Millions of Nigerians that have cursed him all over the world? And to the idiots comparing Nigeria to developed countries,may God forgive you for ur silly comments.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by OmoTier1(m): 11:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Enahi: Adams will only get true forgiveness when he compensates the widow. Do you know the Millions of Nigerians that have cursed him all over the world? And to the idiots comparing Nigeria to developed countries,may God forgive you for ur silly comments.
See your life? Money is the only language criminals understand. So all your ranting is because you want Oshiomhole to give Edo state money to a woman who broke the law?

Like I said in other threads, if I was Oshiomhole, having observe my 'mispoke', I would tender unreserved apology to the widow, but ensure that the full wrath of the law also follows because the law is blind and meant to render justice to all.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Enahi(f): 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Let me ask you this one question: Have you ever wrong any person in this life and you have had to apologize for you wrong? If yes, did you move on from the situation? If yes, why are you children of sorrow refusing to let this go?

Some of you are crying more than the bereaved and even in your own life, you are evil incarnated!
See insults O,I said Adams should compensate the widow. Am not interested in ur stories ok. I used to admire Adams,because I thought he was a man of the people. But my bible has taught me that out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaketh. Ur Adams is actually the evil one.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by OmoTier1(m): 11:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Enahi: See insults O,I said Adams should compensate the widow. Am not interested in ur stories ok. I used to admire Adams,because I thought he was a man of the people. But my bible has taught me that out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaketh. Ur Adams is actually the evil one.
Since you have resorted to the bible, as a Christian myself, let me remind you of this:

Matthew 18:21-23:
"...
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[a]

23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants..."

So is that not enough for you to forgive and move on? Where in those scriptures did Jesus talk about compensation for the wronged? Like I said, your second nature is greed and selfishness and money is the only language you understand.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Dudugirl01(f): 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
And the plot thickens!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by soulglo: 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
See your life? Money is the only language criminals understand. So all you ranting is because you want Oshiomhole to give Edo state money to a woman who broke the law?

Like I said in other threads, if I was Oshiomhole, having observe my 'mispoke', I would tender unreserved apology to the widow, but ensure that the full wrath of the law also follows because the law is blind and meant to render justice to all.

Enforcing the law is not something that most Nigerians understand. At least so it appears. It is almost impossible to convince a Nigerian to be discipline. When threads are started on nairaland showing the horrible and disgusting way people live with debris everywhere and people walking through knee high water that has all colors of the rainbow with fancy organisms growing in it people jump in and blame the government. I have just come to the conclusion that even if the government gives every single Nigerian N1,000,000 it would make no difference. With what I see on nairaland it is truly an uphill battle for any kind of significant change to be made because people still don't get it. People are just not ready to accept the responsibility of living like civilized people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election / Senator Ayogu Eze Defects To APC In Enugu / Buhari In Rivers For Inauguration Of New Terminal At Port Harcourt Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.