Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,287 members, 7,954,146 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:04 PM

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother (42459 Views)

The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers / Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
chiwex:

If any Man be in Christ,He is a new creature,Old things(both old ways of of indecent dressing and wearing of trousers as a Lady) are passed away and all things are become new.Don't You Get it?
The point is there has to be a divine encounter in a person's life for the desired transformation to take place.
The problem with the new generation of church-goers is that they have not had this personal divine encounter. They go to church because their parents are Christians and compelled them as kids to accompany them to Church.
That is why when they get to their teens they start rebelling and start seeking for churches where they can be entertained and that is how they are recruited consciously or otherwise to be satanic agents.
Of course due to upbringing and orientaion they know the right verses to quote, and they like moving and associating with Christians but they themselves are not.They are actually like green snakes lying in the savanna grassland.
Check their posts and yes they seem fair and moderate but their is no zeal, no passion, and no inner conviction. Its all about platitudes, logic and reason probably reflecting their middle-class upbringing.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
captivating:

Lol I know both of them are telling lies, it just amazes me how you concluded bbaxter is lieing simply because she wear ornaments
And how would you know? You need to be very explicit here as to your reasons and stop mouthing meaningless platitudes.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
The point is there has to be a divine encounter in a person's life for the desired transformation to take place.
The problem with the new generation of church-goers is that they have not had this personal divine encounter. They go to church because their parents are Christians and compelled them as kids to accompany them to Church.
That is why when they get to their teens they start rebelling and start seeking for churches where they can be entertained and that is how they are recruited consciously or otherwise to be satanic agents.
Of course due to upbringing and orientaion they know the right verses to quote, and they like moving and associating with Christians but they themselves are not.They are actually like green snakes lying in the savanna grassland.
Check their posts and yes they seem fair and moderate but their is no zeal, no passion, and no inner conviction. Its all about platitudes, logic and reason probably reflecting their middle-class upbringing.

Don't judge bro,so because we don't accept your view of remaining in bondage it then means we don't have passion and conviction?

You need to open your eyes
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
And how would you know? You need to be very explicit here as to your reasons and stop mouthing meaningless platitudes.

Because their claims are not consistent with the scriptures.

Believe not every spirit but test them to see if they are of God.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
That is their favourite phrase Thou shalt not judge. What next Hypocrite. or I will read my Bible and search for myself or The Holy Spirit told me.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777: That is their favourite phrase Thou shalt not judge. What next Hypocrite. or I will read my Bible and search for myself or

Don't judge. .. you are putting unnecessary bondage on yourself doesn't make you holy, you are no different from the pharisees
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
captivating:
Because their claims are not consistent with the scriptures.
Believe not every spirit but test them to see if they are of God.
See what I said. I said you have to be explicit. Don't you know what that means. Tell me the claims they made which you feel are not consistent with the scriptures and quote the relevant scriptures. Don't just talk in generalities.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
captivating:

Don't judge. .. you are putting unnecessary bondage on yourself doesn't make you holy, you are no different from the pharisees
You like these words Pharisees Hypocrites and Don't Judge
However this post tells me more about you and your negative experience with Christianity.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
captivating:

Don't judge bro,so because we don't accept your view of remaining in bondage it then means we don't have passion and conviction?

You need to open your eyes

These are the ones that go about judging and condemning others who do not hold their fundamentalist world view, they are the boko harams of Christianity and should be ignored.

I am all for modest dressing, i.e not dressing provocatively , but there is nothing wrong in a woman wearing decent clothes whether it be trousers, skirts etc , as far as it is not revealing or provocative, period,

However, these MEN have a mental picture of how a woman should dress and then try to use demonic false visions of false prophets to underpin their stance, when the truth is that Jesus Christ has made us free, only we should not use our freedom to indulge the flesh.

I used to be a deeperlifer, a worker and a staunch member of a church where these people condemn anyone who does not dress, talk, walk or think like them, This is what we call fanaticism.

In fact , I was told as a male young student a few years ago not to wear brightly colored flowery shirts because they depicted worldliness. The GO even preached a weird sermon about the disadvantages of being handsome or beautiful , did he receive this revelation from God ? I think not.

Trust me I have been there and come out of this abusive man controlled system and my mission is to fight it wherever it rears its ugly head.

They can only impose their extra-bible notions of some ignorant folk in Nigeria, over here in the UK hardly anyone listens to them.

3 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
Can we stick to why ladies wear trousers to church even in defiance of constituted authority.
Lets leave T-shirts packet shirts and denim jackets out of it.

No she is right, what of Tshirts?

Like I have said earlier, if you won't condemn a lady on shirt(which was initially made exclusively for men), don't ever condemn a lady on trousers(which was made for both sexes)
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
frosbel:
These are the ones that go about judging and condemning others who do not hold their fundamentalist world view, they are the boko harams of Christianity and should be ignored.
I am all for modest dressing, i.e not dressing provocatively , but there is nothing wrong in a woman wearing decent clothes whether it be trousers, skirts etc , as far as it is not revealing or provocative, period,
However, these MEN have a mental picture of how a woman should dress and then try to use demonic false visions of false prophets to underpin their stance, when the truth is that Jesus Christ has made us free, only we should not use our freedom to indulge the flesh.
I used to be a deeperlife where these people condemn anyone who does not dress, talk, walk or think like them, This is what we call fanaticism.
In fact , I was told as a male young student a few years ago not to wear brightly colored flowery shirts because they depicted worldliness. The GO even preached a weird sermon about the disadvantages of being handsome of beautiful.
Trust me I have been there and come out of this abusive man controlled system and my mission is to fight it wherever it rears its ugly head.
I know you Frosbel and I know that you are a mature man with similar background to mine, even though you have been acting as a troll on this thread. Well that is your choice. We both live in England a place where the culture is very different and the dress and mannerisms of the typical middle-class English woman is ultra-conservative. How do you correlate this with what some of these ladies wear to their trendy churches in Nigeria
Be that as it may this crusade of yours should never be a personal crusade. If not you just become an instrument of the Devil.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
haibe:

Like I have said earlier, if you won't condemn a lady on shirt(which was initially made exclusively for men), don't ever condemn a lady on trousers(which was made for both sexes)

Truly according to Wikipedia account of trousers history, it says it was worn by both sexes among the early users.

According to the history of shirts, it was originally made for men

But this hypocrites decide to condemn trousers and not shirts which was initially made exclusively for men.

Well the bible has even said no one should judge us on what to eat, wear etc but these folks still keep commanding the lives of poor gullible christians whohhaven't taken time to examine what they are told.

May God expose their hypocrisy, haibe and frosbel you have really done a good job exposing the hypocrisy of this folks and their man made doctrine, GBU

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
I know you Frosbel and I know that you are a mature man with similar background to mine, even though you have been acting as a troll on this thread. Well that is your choice. We both live in England a place wher the culture is very different and the dress and mannerisms of the typical middle-class English woman is ultra-conservative. How do you correlate this with what some of these ladies wear to their trendy churches in Nigeria
Be that as it may this crusade of yours should never be a personal crusade. If not you just become an instrument of the Devil.

But you should not judge a whole by a few, that's a poor way of getting conclusion.

Also if the english woman is wearing trousers and u see nothing wrong, why do u see it wrong on d nigerian Christian?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
However this post tells me more about you and your negative experience with Christianity.

Because those words fit people like you, so its right for her to call u that.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
I know you Frosbel and I know that you are a mature man with similar background to me,even though you have been acting as a troll on this thread. Well that is your choice. We both live in England a place wher the culture is very different and the dress and mannerisms of the typical middle-class English woman is ultra-conservative. How do you correlate this with what some of these ladies wear to their trendy churches in Nigeria

You know me and I know you too.

Now, I am not on a personal crusade against Christ , in fact my faith is more firmly rooted in Christ than it has ever been , albeit in a controlled, rational and logical fashion not based on ONE man's interpretation of the holy writ.

I am against controlling anyone because I suffered this abuse for many years. We are not to Lord it over the God's sheep, we simply quote verses like 'do all things in moderation' or 'dress modestly' etc. We do not tell them to wear a trouser or a shirt or whatever, that is my point.

There are many so called sisters who cover from head to toe and have no semblance of Christ in them which easily suggests that it is not the outward that matters but the inward.

[size=14pt]YOU ARE TAKING AWAY THEIR FREEWILL and this is what a CONTROLLING CHURCH DOES [/size]

cool

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:

So you can now judge my christian experience with asingle post??

Lol .. am sure its because of people like you jesus made mattew 7:1

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
haibe:

How many times do you have to be told the answer.It is because they are NOT DECENT compared with long skirts or long dresses.The problem I have with you Haibe is that I don't know your gender. Why? Because you ask questions only a young lady should ask. Are you GAY or what??
For example if it were a lady asking why these questions I would simply direct her to ask her male Christian friends as to why trousers are indecent on ladies.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
How many times do you have to be told the answer.It is because they are NOT DECENT compared with long skirts or long dresses.The problem I have with you Haibe is that I don't know your gender. Why? Because you ask questions only a young lady should ask. Are you GAY or what??
For example if were a lady asking why these questions I would simply direct her to ask her male Christian friends as to why trousers are indecent

Who are you to make a conclusion that a trouser is not decent compared to long skirts?

This guy needs to be examined, are you the voice of the whole men in the world?

Didn't you see the decent trousers frosbel posted? if you still lust after a lady on such, then its your problem with lust and not the lady's.

btw, the issue here is on Deuteronomy 22:5 and not indecency of trousers.

Let me ask, are there decent trousers?

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
haibe:
Who are you to make a conclusion that a trouser is not decent compared to long skirts?
This guy needs to be examined, are you the voice of the whole men in the world?
Didn't you see the decent trousers frosbel posted? if you still lust after a lady on such, then its your problem with lust and not the lady's.
No those trousers are still inappropriate for church. Imagine how much more all those ladies would look if they wore long skirts.
Its not just about Deut22:5 although the verse is important as a guide, it is the fact that the trousers are INDECENT AND INAPPROPRIATE in a church setting.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
haibe:

Let me ask, are there decent trousers?

Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
haibe:

absolutely nothing, if I were a lady I would rather wear that decent trousers than this their skirts which they believe is more decent than trousers.
This is what you wrote. You are imagining yourself as a female and stating that you would wear trousers not mini skirts! So who are you?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
This is what you wrote. You are imagining yourself as a female and staing that you would wear trousers not mini skirts! So who are you?

Ooh you are just seeing the phrase "if I were"

This guy really needs thorough examination

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
^^^

[size=14pt]Anybody who tells a Nigeria lady not to dress like the above needs immediate help , prayer and deliverance.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
haibe:

Ooh you are just seeing the phrase "if I were"

This guy really needs thorough examination

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

[size=14pt]Anybody who tells a Nigeria lady not to dress like the above needs immediate help , prayer and deliverance.[/size]
They are still trousers though I concede that they are more decent than the one you posted earlier. However they are still inappropriate in church because of Deut22:5. It makes the model look somehow mannish or tomboyish. Imagine how much more feminine she would look in a long dress or skirt.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
They are still trousers though I concede that they are more decent than the one you posted earlier. However they are still inappropriate in church because of Deut22:5. It makes the model look somehow mannish or tomboyish. Imagine how much more feminine she would look in a long dress or skirt.

The lady's shirt is inappropriate in church too?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:

Thats your world view. Your worldview is not my worldview , so stick with your worldview and I will stick to mine.

I do not try to impose my worldview on others , if I did , I become controlling which could lead to abuse.

And using Deut 22:5 to justify your stance is laughable. There are male trousers and there are female trousers, in fact there are even male skirts and female skirts , lol.

Please stop this nonsense it is not what Christ preached.

Preach Christ and him crucified and maybe your message will have some resonance.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
haibe:

The lady's shirt is inappropriate in church too?
How many times do I have to remind you we are discussing trousers. Anyway even in Deeper Life ladies wear T shirts when advertising crusades for example so why the question?
Honestly I have never encountered a man this stubborn what's more over something that affects only females.
Again are you confused as to your gender?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
How many times do I have to remind you we are discussing trousers. Anyway even in Deeper Life ladies wear T shirts when advertising crusades for example so why the question?
Honestly I have never encountered a man this stubborn what's more over something that affects only females.
Again are you confused as to your gender?

But shirts were initially made foe men, so are those deeper lifers commiting sin?

When u have nothing to say, you keep deluding yourself as to my gender, are you a joker?

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
^Its not T shirts but shirts now. Well I have never met a man that argues like this.
Can we get back to the topic of ladies wearing trousers in church?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777: ^Its not T shirts but shirts now. Well I have never met a man that argues like this.
Can we get back to the topic of ladies wearing trousers in church?

I bring up the issue of shirts because it was initially men's clothing too and since you guys have said Deuteronomy condemns men's cloth for women, it then means other men's cloth like shirts are relevant to our discussion.

Of course I know female's putting on shirts are not sinful but I want to know what you think since it was initially men's clothing too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

South African Preacher Who Fed His Congregation Snakes Arrested – Reports / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Pastor Odumeje Shows Off N4m To Be Given To Victims Of Ochanja Market Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.