Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother - Religion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother (42041 Views)

The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers / Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
And don't try to figure out Christianity by what you see and what you think. Figure it out by checking the Word of God.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Iruolycious(f): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
tensor777:
This is not a joke topic Vicky. Someone that says come as you are and dress as if you're going clubbing and another that tells you to wear long skirt and blouse or long dresses which one of the two is devilish.?
I am being serious.
I'm not Vicky but i think d 1 with Devilish doctrines is above all d 1 who tries 2 teach man-made doctrines so as 2 b approved of MEN. Out ward show. Goats in sheeps clothings. I don't knw hw pple who go clubbing dress sha but according 2 d bible if it's MODEST, then it is acceptable to God.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
tensor777:
Well from your posts perhaps you are an undergraduate who is "compelled" to attend a "no-trousers" church whilst in the family
home. The thing is there are always rules and regulations in organisations we all have to obey them.

Merely saying that the Bible and Holy Spirit is your guide is not good enough and does not cut it in my view. First of all you need to obey your elders in the church before you can correctly hear from the Holy Spirit and properly interpret the scriptures

My own guess is that you just want to wear what your happening friends are wearing and you do so whilst on campus.
However Christianity has never been about following the crowd or being popular. It is about doing the right thing and saying the truth all the time..
I never knew that was the criteria for getting filled with the Holy Ghost.
Exactly what we are speaking against.
Majority of Christians in Nigeria, are upholders of the non trousers doctrine.
I am not a crowd follower but a Christ's...

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by chiwex(m): 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
vickyO: And don't try to figure out Christianity by what you see and what you think. Figure it out by checking the Word of God.

If any Man be in Christ,He is a new creature,Old things(both old ways of of indecent dressing and wearing of trousers as a Lady) are passed away and all things are become new.Don't You Get it?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
chiwex:

If any Man be in Christ,He is a new creature,Old things(both old ways of of indecent dressing and wearing of trousers as a Lady) are passed away and all things are become new.Don't You Get it?
You are the one who isn't getting it.
I don't support indecent dressing.
Keep it up, delusion.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 10:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
vickyO:
ar u in dis country atal?how wil u say majority of nigerian christian are upholdas of non trousa doctrin,just go 2 d market,walk along d road nd just count does women on trousas nd d ones on long skirt u wil know dat d upholders of trousa doctrines ar much.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by lanaVello1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Are you guys arguing in a bid to convince one another or you're jez filling up pages? more rebuttals pls...
@that poster on the verge of changing the topic,pls don't!
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
spencerwilliams: ar u in dis country atal?how wil u say majority of nigerian christian are upholdas of non trousa doctrin,just go 2 d market,walk along d road nd just count does [b]women on trousas nd d ones [/b]on long skirt u wil know dat d upholders of trousa doctrines ar much.
Let me break it down.
MFM upholds this doctrine, do you know how many members they have? male and female inclusive
Redeemed, some of their members uphold this doctrine.
Deeper life upholds it.
The Lord's Chosen upholds it.
CAC upholds it
Some Baptists uphold it.

The above churches have more members than any other church in Nigeria.
Men also uphold non trouser wearing.
Most of them are men sef, they just impose on the women.

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
Iruolycious: The ultimate question that these NO TROUSER advocates cannot answer is, is deut. 22:5 talking abt trousers and trousers only? What abt Tshirts, shirts, Polos, Blouses, face caps and Jerseys which were also initially made 4 men? R they also sin? They cant answer truthfully and then dey call u sturbbon when dey realize they r wrong. Smh...

They will now tell you all upper garments are shirts, lol.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 12:11am On Dec 08, 2013
chiwex:

What of wearing of shirts?

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Greatomotoy: 1:18am On Dec 08, 2013
Vicky, what u need is a divine REVELATION about this issue. The Day God Revealed the Danger of attachment (artificial hair) to My MUM, that same day She barbed her hair and stopped using them. Pray to God to reveal it to u so that u can teach others.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 5:15am On Dec 08, 2013
vickyO:
Let me break it down.
MFM upholds this doctrine, do you know how many members they have? male and female inclusive
Redeemed, some of their members uphold this doctrine.
Deeper life upholds it.
The Lord's Chosen upholds it.
CAC upholds it
Some Baptists uphold it.

The above churches have more members than any other church in Nigeria.
Men also uphold non trouser wearing.
Most of them are men sef, they just impose on the women.
now how many of dem realy practice wat d say,i v seen women who don't wear trousas in church,but at home they wear,nd i believe dat all d churches u just mentioned has people like dat,becos some ar just compeled 2 do so.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 6:32am On Dec 08, 2013
Great_omotoy: Vicky, what u need is a divine REVELATION about this issue. The Day God Revealed the Danger of attachment (artificial hair) to My MUM, that same day She barbed her hair and stopped using them. Pray to God to reveal it to u so that u can teach others.

How are you sure she hasn't gotten a divine revelation about the issue, so because she doesn't stick to your mummy's revelation means she hasn't gotten a revelation of her own?

Well like someone said, the bible is enough revelation for every believer, if you think God revealed to you not to wear trousers it doesn't mean you should go about preaching it to other people since you aren't their God

btw, your mum may just be bending to the doctrines of men thinking God is revealing something to her.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 6:36am On Dec 08, 2013
spencerwilliams: now how many of dem realy practice wat d say,i v seen women who don't wear trousas in church,but at home they wear,nd i believe dat all d churches u just mentioned has people like dat,becos some ar just compeled 2 do so.

guy if you cannot justify a lady putting on a shirt(which was made originally and exclusively for men ), then you have no right to condemn a lady on trousers which was initially worn by both sexes among the early users.

see http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirt

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2013
Great_omotoy: Vicky, what u need is a divine REVELATION about this issue. The Day God Revealed the Danger of attachment (artificial hair) to My MUM, that same day She barbed her hair and stopped using them. Pray to God to reveal it to u so that u can teach others.
How will she have a divine revelation when she has never met Christ. This whole debate has become utterly pointless with all their circular arguments. They will say they support decent dressing but it turns out that their own standards of decency are outside the norms of mainstream churches in Nigeria.
Then they will quote scriptures that say Christian women should be decently dressed . Anybody can quote scriptures. That doesn't mean anything other than showing the person is literate.
I think the real issue is that these ladies are not saved but somehow were compelled to go to church by their parents. Hence that's why they know all the Bible verses to quote which supports their worldly views. The thing is the Bible can only be properly understood after salvation.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2013
vickyO:
Another flawed argument.When I mentioned crowd pleasers I was talking about people that follow the standard of the world,not Christendom.
Of course ladies wearing trousers will be a distinct minority in Christian Churches in Nigeria. However there are a few churches in Nigeria where wearing trousers is the norm. Do I have to mention names? No. But these are in the main, churches where young singles go to. They cannot be described as family churches.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 08, 2013
haibe:

They will now tell you all upper garments are shirts, lol.
You are the one who brought up the highly irrelevant shirt argument even though this thread which you opened is about trousers.
Can you not comprehend that the issue here is about DECENCY not about which attire is male or female, although that is important.
You need to open your eyes and see and also listen very carefully to what people are saying, and stop being so stubborn.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 08, 2013
Iruolycious: I'm not Vicky but i think d 1 with Devilish doctrines is above all d 1 who tries 2 teach man-made doctrines so as 2 b approved of MEN. Out ward show. Goats in sheeps clothings. I don't knw hw pple who go clubbing dress sha but according 2 d bible if it's MODEST, then it is acceptable to God.
See what you wrote.Totally off point. You don't go clubbing? But you don't really need to go clubbing to know how club girls dress do you? Find that out for yourself and compare it with what you wear to your church.
Who decides what is modest? Well you should leave that to your pastor if the way you dress is causing issues and stop being so stubborn.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 08, 2013
Iruolycious: u may b intrested 2 know that a woman, Mary Baxter also had a "Divine Revelation of Heaven and Hell" and "Jesus" didnt tell her it was sinful 2 wear trousers, make up, or jewelries considering d fact she uses those things. I wuldnt want 2 bliv he 4got 2 point those thngs out 2 her. Or was it not dsame "Jesus" that 2k d both of them on d tour? The earlier u realize d Devil is workin 2 deciv pple with false visions d better u'll appriciate d Bible.
Keep kidding yourself
How can both be saying the truth when the accounts are totally contradictory. One of them is lying.
However this comes down to wisdom. The 1st woman Margaret Amure used to wear all these adornments before her divine encounter but after that renounced them and genuinely confessed and repented from her past sinful lifestyle and whereas this Baxter woman wore adornments before and after her supposed divine encounter. Is the purpose of divine encounters not to change us from what we are to whom we should be.
Isn't it obvious to you that the Baxter woman did not have a genuine divine encounter.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
You are the one who brought up the highly irrelevant shirt argument even though this thread which you opened is about trousers.
Can you not comprehend that the issue here is about DECENCY not about which attire is male or female, although that is important.
You need to open your eyes and see and also listen very carefully to what people are saying, and stop being so stubborn.

Then you do not understand Deuteronomy 22:5 if you say it's talking about decency. .

So to you a trouser cannot be decent? why do we have liars all over this thread just because they want to uphold a man made doctrine. That's how that one said all upper garments are shirts.

look bro if you won't condemn a lady putting on shirt then don't ever, I repeat don't ever condemn a lady on trousers because you will just be exposing your hypocrisy and confusion the more

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
See what you wrote.Totally off point. You don't go clubbing? But you don't really need to go clubbing to know how club girls dress do you? Find that out for yourself and compare it with what you wear to your church.
Who decides what is modest? Well you should leave that to your pastor if the way you dress is causing issues and stop being so stubborn.

What if it doesn't cause issues?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
Keep kidding yourself
How can both be saying the truth when the accounts are totally contradictory. One of them is lying.
However this comes down to wisdom. The 1st woman Margaret Amure used to wear all these adornments before her divine encounter but after that renounced them and genuinely confessed and repented from her past sinful lifestyle and whereas this Baxter woman wore adornments before and after her supposed divine encounter. Is the purpose of divine encounters not to change us from what we are to whom we should be.
Isn't it obvious to you that the Baxter woman did not have a genuine divine encounter.

So because baxter still wears adornments, it means she is lying?

And because the other lady stopped wearing ornaments, it means she is telling the truth?

This guy must be easily fooled by those hypocrites outward dressing oo.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
chiwex:

What of Tshirts worn by ladies, that one won't pass away??

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
vickyO:

These false teachers determine who is a child of God or not based on their GOs interpretation of the bible and not the Holy Spirit.

Every true believer has the Holy Spirit regardless of the nonsense that many of these MEN followers say.

Besides , no MAN has the right to make rules and reglations in the church of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
Every demonic vision from so called evangelist Margaret Amure or Mary Baxter are to be ignored and rejected. These people are deceivers who had out of body experiences ( witchcraft ).

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
captivating:

What of Tshirts worn by ladies, that one won't pass away??
Can we stick to why ladies wear trousers to church even in defiance of constituted authority.
Lets leave T-shirts packet shirts and denim jackets out of it.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
captivating:

What if it doesn't cause issues?
Then why are you here and why was the thread created?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
Can we stick to why ladies wear trousers to church even in defiance of constituted authority.
Lets leave T-shirts packet shirts and denim jackets out of it.

There is no constituted authority in the church of God except the authority of Jesus Christ and the commands he issues to the elders and the church generally.

I will not allow you drag these young believers into the bondage of religion.

cool
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
captivating:
So because baxter still wears adornments, it means she is lying?
And because the other lady stopped wearing ornaments, it means she is telling the truth?
This guy must be easily fooled by those hypocrites outward dressing oo.
It's more than that and you know it. However though she is telling the truth, I accept that it is not what you want to hear. Get over it.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
It's more than that and you know it. However though she is telling the truth, I accept that it is not what you want to hear. Get over it.

Lol I know both of them are telling lies, it just amazes me how you concluded bbaxter is lieing simply because she wear ornaments
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
tensor777:
Then why are you here and why was the thread created?

You don't get it do you? The issue here is not about indecency of trousers, its about whether trousers(whether decent or indecent) are sinful for ladies according to Deuteronomy 22v5

So I think you still don't get the essence of this topic which the op is driving at.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
A book entitled A Divine Revelation of Hell by Mary K. Baxter is said to chronicle Baxter’s forty-night journey through heaven and hell. While being interviewed by Sid Roth on “It’s Supernatural,” a program broadcast by Daystar, Baxter stated that Jesus personally took her through hell for thirty nights and through heaven for ten nights. She also stated that Jesus told her to write about this so people can “know that hell is real and how people can avoid going there.” In other words, Baxter claims that Jesus wanted this book written so people can hear the gospel. Baxter discussed other things that she claimed Jesus showed her. The program encourages people to purchase the book for a “donation” of $18. (Full transcript)

There are grave problems with this book. First, if this is truly a “divine” revelation from God, then it should be included in Scripture. Second, to say that Jesus wanted Baxter to write a book about how to overcome evil and be saved, then that presumes that the Bible does not already contain this message.

Problem One: Revelation is Closed
There are two views regarding revelation: closed vs. open. Before explaining these things, I must first define revelation. Revelation is information that God makes known about himself and his plan that has never before been made known. This differs from illumination, which is to make revelation understood. When most people say they are receiving or presenting a revelation, they actually are referring to illumination; they are using the incorrect term.

Many Christians believe that revelation is closed; some believe it is open. Closed revelation means that God has revealed all he chose to reveal about himself. Scripture and nature contain that revelation; Jesus is the living revelation, but it is through Scripture that we know about Jesus. Open revelation means that there are still things that are not known that God still intends to make known. Those who hold to a closed revelation believe that the Bible is complete and no new books will be added. Open revelation Christians believe that there are books that may be included with Scripture at a later date.

If Baxter is correct, then Scripture, as we have it in the Bible, is incomplete. Also, because her book is claimed to be “divine” revelation, she is equating it with Scripture, which is an open revelation view. However, Scripture addressed this question already. The final book written, the book of Revelation, given to the apostle John, contains this answer. At the end of the book, Jesus tells John:

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.-Revelation 22:18-19, NASB

This statement was given by Christ at the end of the final revelation given to man. This was done, I believe, intentionally in order to make it known that revelation is closed. If revelation is open, then this statement is nullified. Whether one believes that these verses apply only to the book of Revelation or to the whole of Scripture, if someone receives new revelation then they are adding to or taking away from the book. This is because they are promoting “revelation” that adds to or takes away from what is written in the book of Revelation and Scripture, including the gospel, theology, and prophecy. One must ask why Jesus would condemn anyone who takes away from or adds to the book if revelation is open. If revelation is open, then Jesus’ statement is nullified. However, this statement stands true and closes revelation.

Baxter’s book supposedly gives new revelation about all the issues addressed in Scripture generally and the book of Revelation specifically. However, since revelation is closed, one must reject her book because it is not divine revelation, but either a commentary, heresy, or fiction.

Problem Two: Scripture is Complete
Baxter claims that Jesus wanted her to write this book so people will know how to overcome evil and be saved. In other words, because Jesus wanted people to have the gospel, he needed her to write this book. This presumes that Scripture as found in the Bible does not already address these issues. However, there are many passages that present the gospel message. Many passages deal with overcoming sin, evil, and Satan. Many passages teach about hell. In short, Scripture already teaches what she claims her book is supposed to reveal.

Another implication of her claim is that if the gospel was not known until her book came out, then how did all the millions of people learn the gospel from a Bible that supposedly does not contain the gospel? How did they get saved without her book?

The truth is, Paul made it clear that “all Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17, NASB). In other words, Scripture contains all we need in order to know how to be saved and grow in Christ in order to glorify God. Baxter’s book is not needed.

Conclusion
Christians should avoid Baxter’s book. It is not revelation, as she claims. Based on her claims that the book is not illumination, but new revelation, it violates the teaching in Scripture, demotes Scripture, and is, therefore, heresy.

https://www.nairaland.com/965982/book-mary-baxter-dangerous-not

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / Rev. Ntia And Wife, Ukamaka Laurie Survive A Ghastly Car Accident (video) / Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer At University Of Ilorin In 1979

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.