Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31185 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Welcome to the world of tithe discuss. This is the reason for opening the thread, to be able to discuss tithing without reaching for each other jugular. That is why the rules are there.

with anti tithers, insults are imminent

grin angry
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
Gombs:

with anti tithers, insults are imminent

grin angry

what can be worse than insulting the children of God by telling them they are under a curse for not giving you and your MOGs their HARD EARNED MONEY.

Nothing beats this wickedness, that's why i will not join this discussion . I have no patience with ANYONE who peddles the GOSPEL for MONEY.

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

what can be worse than insulting the children of God by telling them they are under a curse for not giving you and your MOGs their HARD EARNED MONEY.

Nothing beats this wickedness, that's why i will not join this discussion . I have no patience with ANYONE who peddles the GOSPEL for MONEY.

grin

Truth is, you were never relevant in the discuss....please give sound minded brethren the chance to discuss.

Plz

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
Gombs:

grin

Truth is, you were never relevant in the discuss....please give sound minded brethren the chance to discuss.

Plz

Put it this way, though I will not engage in this discussion, I will be policing the comments of Tithers to ensure that they do not bastardize scripture to support an unbiblical concept.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ol boy some people sabi yarn oooooo

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by brainpulse: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

. If your assumed anger is most genuine I believe the passion should be tailored more to winning and converting perishing souls to the Kingdom of God, but you seldom do that. Instead you result into insulting Men of God you had not called nor creat in the name of fighting for God as the hallmark of the pharisees. Table your facts humbly and with meekness the qualities of the spirit of God

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
brainpulse: . If your assumed anger is most genuine I believe the passion should be tailored more to winning and converting perishing souls to the Kingdom of God, but you seldom do that. Instead you result into insulting Men of God you have not called nor creat in the name of fighting for God as the hallmark of the pharisees

What is insulting about exposing the TRUTH. Do you even know what an insult is ?

And yes, I have raised articles on the gospel and other Christian topics, but Nigeria is plagued with churches which are more like scam centers than places of worship and it is an urgent mission of ours to speak the truth and expose them with the objective to set captives free from the clutches of these people.

What is the point of getting millions saved when they end up getting trapped in these centers for deception.

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by brainpulse: 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

What is insulting about exposing the TRUTH. Do you even know what an insult is ?

And yes, I have raised articles on the gospel and other Christian topics, but Nigeria is plagued with churches which are more like scam centers than places of worship and it is an urgent mission of ours to speak the truth and expose them with the objective to set captives free from the clutches of these people.

What is the point of getting millions saved when they end up getting trapped in these centers for deception.
. If you are truely led in your course by the spirit of God there are proper and orderly ways of doing things that will not portray the qualities of the spirit of anger, disrespect, disaffection, ungentleness which are the spirit of the lastdays. I believe you need more of the infilling of the spirit of God if you are truely Born again

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Etisalat bis on android contact me
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

Same reason I comment less on these tithe threads. Given the level of expose on the fallacy of the tithe doctrine on this forum and the fact that tithe preachers constantly have to shift goal post given the weakness of the tithing argument, I have come to the conclusion that most pro-tithers on this forum are deliberately steeped in error. It's really a waste of time to actively engage those you depend on this fraud for a living or have sold their brains to their MOGs.

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
brainpulse: . If you are truely led in your course by the spirit of God there are proper and orderly ways of doing things that will not portray the qualities of the spirit of anger, disrespect, disaffection, ungentleness which are the spirit of the lastdays. I believe you need more of the infilling of the spirit of God if you are truely Born again

last time I checked Jesus was not gentle towards those who turned his fathers house into a den of robbers.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
brainpulse: . If you are truely led in your course by the spirit of God there are proper and orderly ways of doing things that will not portray the qualities of the spirit of anger, disrespect, disaffection, ungentleness which are the spirit of the lastdays. I believe you need more of the infilling of the spirit of God if you are truely Born again

You fail to realise the level of havoc this false tithe doctrine is causing in the church today. In the time of Jesus he expressed his anger by physically assaulting those who turned religion into a money making venture like tithe preachers today. So our open rebuke still falls below Christ's standard going by scriptures.

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
What is this "more of the infilling of the Spirit of God" you speak of?

When one trusts Christ, the Spirit is given to him at that moment. How can there be more of the Spirit when the Spirit is already abiding in the Believer? There is no such teaching as "more of the infilling of the Spirit" found anywhere in the Bible.

Some doctrines I just do not understand.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Some examples of what God thinks of people who exploit others for gain :

Jeremiah 6:13
"From the least to the greatest, their lives are ruled by greed. From prophets to priests, they are all frauds."

Isaiah 56:11
They are dogs with mighty appetites; they never have enough. They are shepherds who lack understanding; they all turn to their own way, they seek their own gain.

Isaiah 57:17
I was enraged by their sinful greed; I punished them, and hid my face in anger, yet they kept on in their willful ways.

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by brainpulse: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

last time I checked Jesus was not gentle towards those who turned his fathers house into a den of robbers.
. But the church is not your own father's house, leave it to him. It takes the Holyspirit to convince a man not frosbel. We state our facts and prayerfully do the rest, if we don't have hidden agenda.

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
brainpulse: . But the church is not your own father's house, leave it to him. It takes the Holyspirit to convince a man not frosbel. We state our facts and prayerfully do the rest, if we don't have hidden agenda.

Ephesians 5:11
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by seemylife: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logging in as anti-tither
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
seemylife: Logging in as anti-tither
welcome! The Discussion has not started yet. Opposing Team is still getting their points together.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by brainpulse: 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

You fail to realise the level of havoc this false tithe doctrine is causing in the church today. In the time of Jesus he expressed his anger by physically assaulting those who turned religion into a money making venture like tithe preachers today. So our open rebuke still falls below Christ's standard going by scriptures.
. So if you were in Christ's shoe on that night at the garden of gethsemane you would have encouraged peter to fight on. Learn and study more about christ.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Rhymeyjohn: 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Drummaboy, am in. Lets begin, on a different thread, one on which no passerby can bag into and give bashing comments to any side. I want it to be five presentations at once, not ten. The thread shouldn't be on the frontpage for the period of the discussion.
@Image, Prepare your points too, and be ready to defend mine.
God bless
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
brainpulse: . So if you were in Christ's shoe on that night at the garden of gethsemane you would have encouraged peter to fight on. Learn and study more about christ.

This is what Jesus would have done :

John 2:14-17
14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”[a]

They have made Gods house a market, selling books, dvds, cds, programmes, chains, beads, candles etc etc.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
[b]I'm an Atheist but I've read the bible thoroughly to understand it competently. I will want to show Christians what their bible said about tithing using bible quotations. And in case anyone doubts, feel free to look at your bible yourself.

Deuteronomy 14:23 23 EAT the tithe....

The bible never asked anyone to PAY their tithe. And just in case that verse wasn't clear enough, lets look further.

Deuteronomy 14:24-26 But if that place is too distant.... 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall EAT there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

Now that we are clear on EAT YOUR TITHE, lets look further into the classic threat of being cursed if you don't pay your tithe.

Before we dive in, my question is, was God cursing the tithers or the priests? Let see the classic Malachi.

Malachi 1:6-8 “ ...O priests who despise my name. ...You are presenting defiled food upon My altar.. 8“But when you present the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? And when you present the lame and sick, is it not evil?... says the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 1:13 “You say, 'Oh what a nuisance it is,' and you sniff at it in disgust," says the LORD of Armies. "You bring STOLEN, LAME & SICK ANIMALS. When you bring such offerings, should I accept them from you?" asks the LORD.

In God's anger, he cursed the Priests in Malachi chapter 3, not the tithers. shocked shocked shocked

Malachi 3:8-9 Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How are we robbing you?' "In tithes and offerings” 9 You are under a curse - your whole nation - because you are robbing me.

God was cursing the high priests who were stealing his offering and sacrificing blind, lame, rotten and unhealthy animals to him. Little wonder how your pastors twist the bible just to rob you of 10% of your paycheck.

I challenge the pope to show me otherwise in the bible where God asked Pastors to receive tithes and where God cursed the tithers in Malachi. grin grin
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
rudedough:

In God's anger, he cursed the Priests in Malachi chapter 3, not the tithers. shocked shocked shocked

Malachi 3:8-9 Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How are we robbing you?' "In tithes and offerings” 9 You are under a curse - your whole nation - because you are robbing me.

God was cursing the high priests who were stealing his offering and sacrificing blind, lame, rotten and unhealthy animals to him. Little wonder how your pastors twisted the bible just to rob you of 10% of your paycheck.

I challenge the pope to show me otherwise in the bible where God asked Pastors to receive tithes and where God cursed the tithers in Malachi. grin grin
[/b]

Now there is something very wrong when an 'ATHEIST' is more discerning than a Christian.

But to the bolded allow me SALUTE YOU :

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Isodice: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Ol boy some people sabi yarn oooooo
me sef fear o!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
It is time for me to sleep some. Be back in a few hours. God bless.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: @Drummaboy, am in. Lets begin, on a different thread, one on which no passerby can bag into and give bashing comments to any side. I want it to be five presentations at once, not ten. The thread shouldn't be on the frontpage for the period of the discussion.
@Image, Prepare your points too, and be ready to defend mine.
God bless

There is an order of presentation that is on the rules and regulations post I put up last time. Please read it and understand how you should make your presentations.

If you insist on five points, I will allow you to present yours first and then Image123 can make it up with another five, but different points.

Pls read the regulations again with emphasis on the bolded:

4. Both sides in one post shall be presenting 10 points each on thier position on tithing. Each point shall be named after the lead discussants on each side. Thus for Rhymeyjohn, his points shall be listed: R1, R2, R3,...., R10. Miwerds, his points will be M1, M2, M3,...., M10. Here is an example for the post by Rhymey

Example:

R1: Tithe is an Eternal Principle (Heb 20:20; Mark 24:2; ....)

R2: Tithe is compulsory (John 25:1; Ezekiel 60:70;....)

Then Miwerds shall make his own presentation in one post M1,...; along with their scriptural positions.

This is neccesary so that we do not repeat points already discussed. Also, if in the procees of discussing point R2, point R7 had been trashed out, by the time you get to point R7, the two groups could agree to skip it.

When a group makes a presentation and the four steps of response is exhausted, the other group will make their own presentation. So for this discuss, I suggest that Ryhmejohn presents his R1 first; to be followed by Miwerds M1; and the discuss will continue in that manner.

5. Presentation will be in this format

a. Presenting a point, say R1 by Ryhmey, titled Presenting R1. When you are done with your presentation, you should state "end"

b. A rebuttal of R1 by Miwerd/Candour titled Rebutting R1.

c. Then a Response to Rebuttal by Rhymey, titled Response to Rebuttal R1.

d. Then a response to response by Miwerds/Candour titled Response to Response R1.

This way each post on the discuss has a name and can be refered to easily later if there is a need to do so. Also, after a point has been trashed out in this four steps outlined above, it should not be revisited again. Not that the point cannot be mentioned in a latter discuss, but that this particular discuss will be considered finished at this point and there will be no need to refer to it again. This is to discourage un-ending hammering of a point. Therefore participants are expected to do a thorough work in the two opportunities they have to present on a point.

6. Time must be permitted for each group to make their presentations. If anyone is handicapped and cannot make his/her presentation as quickly as possible, he/she may refer to the other to help him do it or tell the house when he intends to come and make the presentation.

7. Anybody among the two can make a presentation, however, he/she is expected to title his presentation properly.

8. This discuss is not intended to last a few days; it will probably take some months; so participants are expected to make the required sacrifice.

Rhymey let me know whether you understand these mode of presentations and if you do not, what are your questions?

There is no hurry to start; let us be sure we are on the same page first, I hope you understand me?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
rudedough: I'm an Atheist but I've read the bible thoroughly to understand it competently. I will want to show Christians what their bible said about tithing using bible quotations. And in case anyone doubts, feel free to look at your bible yourself.

Deuteronomy 14:23 23 EAT the tithe....

The tithe to be shared and eaten together in that scripture is a different 10% not the same as the animal one brought a to the priest. This particular one is like a love feast every 3 years

frosbel:
[size=11pt]Now there is something very wrong when an 'ATHEIST' is more discerning than a Christian.

Something is rather more wrong when so called christian can't see beyond a natural sense rules atheist! Who are blind to spiritual truths . They only see in the flesh .

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:for they are foolishness unto him:neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So if all your revelation is not different from a natural man , what a darkness!

Matthew 6:23
. . If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

8 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds: It is time for me to sleep some. Be back in a few hours. God bless.

Hopefully we should have made some progress before you wake up.

Sleep tight.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
^^
@ Joagbaje

True words

Very true
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

The tithe to be shared and eaten together in that scripture is a different 10% not the same as the animal one brought a to the priest. This particular one is like a love feast every 3 years

[b] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I can't believe this came from a supposed Christian without any bible quotation to support his statement.

Never mind, let me save you the trouble and show you that both the yearly tithing and the 3rd year tithing you're talking about said "EAT YOUR TITHE."

Deuteronomy 14:22-23

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce EACH YEAR. 23 EAT THE TITHE... shocked shocked shocked

Deuteronomy 14:28-29

28 At the end of EVERY THREE YEARS, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and EAT... shocked shocked shocked

Any more defense? grin grin
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
Gombs:

I want to assume you wanted to quote frosbel!
grin cheesy
Yes..a regrettable mistake..My apologies to Jo.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
What a good thread to end 2013 with... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.