Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31193 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
My first submissions:

1. Tithe began as an act of appreciation and still is.

2. Tithing is not part of the Mosaic LAWS...it never was mentioned as one.

3. Jesus plainly supported it when He maintained the act should not be ignored.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
rudedough:

[size=10pt] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I can't believe this came from a supposed Christian without any bible quotation to support his statement.

You want scriptures? Eat this

Numbers 18:21
And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
Tonye-t:
My first submissions:

1. Tithe began as an act of appreciation and still is.

2. Tithing is not part of the Mosaic LAWS...it never was mentioned as one.

3. Jesus plainly supported it when He maintained the act should not be ignored.

T Tonye happy new decade

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

T Tonye happy new decade

Hi my personal brother...lol @ Decade grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

hello, bro joa, are we still unda d levitical priesthood? Cheers.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
It was the Catholic church that instituted tithing in the Christian church.

Notice this admission in the New Catholic Encyclopedia, vol. XIV, pp. 174-175:

"The early Church had no tithing system. The tithes of the Old Testament were regarded as abrogated by the law of Christ.... But as the Church expanded and its material needs grew more numerous and complex, it became necessary to adopt a definite rule to which people could be held either by a sense of moral obligation or by a precept of positive law. The tithing of the Old Law provided an obvious model, and it began to be taught.... The Council of Macon in 585 ordered payment of tithes and threatened excommunication to those who refused to comply."

http://hwarmstrong.com/ar/Twisted.html

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

Now there is something very wrong when an 'ATHEIST' is more discerning than a Christian.

But to the bolded allow me SALUTE YOU :

It's a pity that you can't see that you are dancing precariously on the very slippery slope that led him into "atheism."

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Humanbeans(m): 11:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
its really unfortunate to see xtian leaders trying to persuade people to tithe. such things should be done without much prompting. If somebody has to cajole, persuade, enthreat, psych me up to do something then the inquisitor in me start asking questions.
if tithing is good for me or i believe in it, i dont need anybody to spend much time wt me on d issue, i just do it.

IF THE MOG's REALLY HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN FROM MY TITHE, THEN THEY SHOULD LET ME DECIDE WHAT IS GOOD FOR ME

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

And, behold, I have given the children of [color=#990000]Levi
all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.[/color]

[b]Your verse doesn't correlate with the topic "tithing". You Pastors know how to preach the bible out of context. Let me teach you about the Levites and why God wants them to EAT from your tithes on the 3rd year of tithing.

Deuteronomy 14:27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

The Levites were the only Israelite tribe that received cities but were not allowed to be landowners.

Deuteronomy 18:2 They shall have no inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as he promised them.

The Levites don't own lands, so they cannot farm and when you are not a farmer, rancher or reaper of the field, you don't tithe.

And please don't tell me that all Levites were Priests. grin grin The Levites also held political offices and they had other jobs. They worked as servants in the fields, they collect taxes, they were black smiths, carpenters, tent-makers, soldiers etc.

So Pastor when did you become a Levite to EAT COLLECT people's tithe? undecided

N.B: I'm an Atheist and i respect everyone's choice of religion. I mean no harm friends, I just want Christians to know the truth their Pastors don't want them to know about tithing. Feel free to re-verify every quotation i give with your own bible.
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 12:07am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough:

[b]You verse doesn't correlate with the topic "tithing". You Pastors know how to preach the bible out of context. Let me teach you about the Levites and why God wants them to EAT from your tithes on the 3rd year.

Deuteronomy 14:27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

The Levites were the only Israelite tribe that received cities but were not allowed to be landowners.

Deuteronomy 18:2 They shall have no inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as he promised them.

The Levites don't own lands, so they cannot farm and when you are not a farmer, rancher or reaper of the field, you are not supposed to tithe.

And please don't tell me that all Levites were Priests. grin grin The Levites also held political offices and they had other jobs. They worked as servants in the fields, they collect taxes, they were black smiths, carpenters, tent-makers, soldiers etc.

So Pastor when did you become a Levite to EAT COLLECT people's tithe? Do you have any stronger defense cos these ones are a little too cheap?
[/b]

You asked for scripture you got one so good night. I guess you're one of bros many multiple ids posing to be an atheist . And of you're reAlly atheist you have no business in doctrinal discussion except the message of your soul salvation .

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 07, 2013
Wow, in fact Christians should go to bed , an atheist is teaching scriptures to a pastor. The Pastor twists the scripture and the atheist straightens out the truth.

I bet this atheist is one of those who was once a believer but was disgusted by the LIEs, tricks and gimmicks of so called MOG and quit altogether. May God bring him back to HIM not to MEN.

Goes to show that anybody can be a Pastor in Nigeria nowadays, all you need is a good suit, nice hair cut, oratory skills, cleverly made up lies and a PhD in Scripture bastardization.

Disclaimer : I am not referring to Pastor Joagbaje with my last statement.

12 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

You asked for scripture you got one so good night. I guess you're one of bros many multiple ids posing to be an atheist . And of you're reAlly atheist you have no business in doctrinal discussion except the message of your soul salvation .

grin grin Exactly what you'd expect from a Pastor when you've caught him red handed in the act of deceit.

I didn't write the bible bro. Everything I've written on this thread is God's truth fresh out from the holy bible. If anyone's soul needs saving or salvation, it's yours and your fellow croony pastors who interpret the bible out of context to extort their members.

Please stop threatening your members with false interpretation of Malachi 3:8-9 while you rob them blind of their hard earned money.

I'll be waiting for Miwerds and Candour or the Pope whenever they wake up so that they can show me where God said "PAY YOUR TITHE" rather than "EAT YOUR TITHE".

Goodnight.

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 12:36am On Dec 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Spot on!

Very true

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 07, 2013
Gombs:

Spot on!

Very true

Of course Stella Odua will never grant an interview with Sahara Reporters. Same way Pastors won't want to have a healthy debate about tithing with someone who knows the bible. Last i checked, this thread was inviting NLers to a "Theological Discuss On Tithing".

Christians deserve to know the truth, i know an average Nigerian wakes up in the morning and goes about his/her struggle. It gets so busy that they just don't have the time to sit and read the bible except on Sundays when they go and listen to their Pastors. It's sad to know however, that these Pastors they trust lie to them every Sunday.

Pastors please stop stealing from poor people. sad sad cry

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 1:07am On Dec 07, 2013
i saw tonyetithe, hahahahahaha.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 1:10am On Dec 07, 2013
DrummaBoy:

The next step really is you and Rhymeyjohn establishing a link for your presentations.

I am already in touch with HumbleByGrace to come and moderate the discuss with me. We can both be co-moderators, if he agrees.

Rhymej, my pally made my "ally" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Sorry, it seems i'm the "ally" fa. Anyway, i sent you a message oh, check your mail.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 1:51am On Dec 07, 2013
Ol boy e, una don scatter ground for here o. Chei...when did all these happened? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:51am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough:

grin grin Exactly what you'd expect from a Pastor when you've caught him red handed in the act of deceit.

I didn't write the bible bro. Everything I've written on this thread is God's truth fresh out from the holy bible. If anyone's soul needs saving or salvation, it's yours and your fellow croony pastors who interpret the bible out of context to extort their members.

Please stop threatening your members with false interpretation of Malachi 3:8-9 while you rob them blind of their hard earned money.

I'll be waiting for Miwerds and Candour or the Pope whenever they wake up so that they can show me where God said "PAY YOUR TITHE" rather than "EAT YOUR TITHE".

Goodnight.
Took a while to listen to all the posts after waking. Heard this one and had to reply.

I do believe that there was a command to pay tithes. Notice the following verse:

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

In the above verse, our Lord rebuked the Pharisees for their neglecting the weightier matters of the Mosaic/Levitic Law, admonishing them, "these ye ought to have done." But in the same verse, we see that He commended them for paying tithes, telling them "do not leave the other undone." They were to pay their tithes.

So, I do believe tithes were paid. However, the tithes paid were not money... they were food. As you so rightly pointed out, they were eaten.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Panshow(m): 4:01am On Dec 07, 2013
Tithe! Tithe !!....... SMH....
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 4:51am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough:

Of course Stella Odua will never allow an interview with Sahara Reporters. Same way Pastors won't want to have a healthy debate about tithing with someone who knows the bible. Last i checked, this thread was inviting NLers to a "Theological Discuss On Tithing".

Christians deserve to know the truth, i know an average Nigerian wakes up in the morning and goes about his/her struggle. It gets so busy that they just don't have the time to sit and read the bible except on Sundays when they go and listen to their Pastors. It's sad to know however, that these Pastors they trust lie to them every Sunday.

Pastors please stop stealing from poor people. sad sad cry

And you guys are the 'truth' tellers

You guys are 'not so busy' n hence 'sit and read' the bible.

God now sent you guys on a message "Go and tell the world that tithing is so wrong, Pastors are 'killing my flock' "?

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:04am On Dec 07, 2013
Even an atheist tells the truth at times. grin

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 07, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Even an atheist tells the truth at times. grin

demons also speak truth and just like atheist their motive is always defiled.Who wants a demon testifying that Jesus is the Son of God

But as for the tithes, the demon speaks lies just like he beguiled eve so is he beguiling you guys.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:43am On Dec 07, 2013
Truth does not become a lie just because an atheist, or even a demon, speaks it.

8 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 5:51am On Dec 07, 2013
rudedough:

[b] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I can't believe this came from a supposed Christian without any bible quotation to support his statement.

Never mind, let me save you the trouble and show you that both the yearly tithing and the 3rd year tithing you're talking about said "EAT YOUR TITHE."

Deuteronomy 14:22-23

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce EACH YEAR. 23 EAT THE TITHE... shocked shocked shocked

Deuteronomy 14:28-29

28 At the end of EVERY THREE YEARS, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and EAT... shocked shocked shocked

Any more defense? grin grin
[/b]

Uncle Joe you see how you disgrace yourself in your zeal to twist scriptures? Even an atheist is now pointing out lies in your posts. SMH

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 5:54am On Dec 07, 2013
Tonye-t:
What a good thread to end 2013 with... grin grin grin

Tonye-tithes where have you been? Hope you have repented from teaching your favourite fraudulent doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 6:15am On Dec 07, 2013
christemmbassey: hello, bro joa, are we still unda d levitical priesthood? Cheers.

It was only a response to a question .
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 6:20am On Dec 07, 2013
Bidam:
But as for the tithes, the demon speaks lies just like he beguiled eve so is he beguiling you guys.

Hence the release of abuses and insults
It's desperation angry grin

7 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by miqos02(m): 6:32am On Dec 07, 2013
Tonye-t:
My first submissions:

1. Tithe began as an act of appreciation and still is

if this is true why are non tithers accussed of robbing God?

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 7:05am On Dec 07, 2013
miqos02: if this is true why are non tithers accussed of robbing God?

ask God that...

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 7:10am On Dec 07, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Truth does not become a lie just because an atheist, or even a demon, speaks it.

Hmmm

I'd choose a 'lie' from God than a 'Truth' from demons/devils

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 7:13am On Dec 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Hence the release of abuses and insults
It's desperation angry grin

Gbam!!

grin

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Truth does not become a lie just because an atheist, or even a demon, speaks it.
An evil tree does NOT produce good fruit.tis all deception.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.