Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland (8339 Views)

Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender / Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com / Osundefender Newspaper Discredits Action Gov. Rochas Okorocha. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by jgatherer(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
omonla555: You are a liar and also a thief, where is your proof?. Where did you take the photographs?

Who is this one ?
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
Symphony007: these pictures has been produced over the internet. You can even find them on google images. Their is absolutely no way to pin the origin or multiple origination points as no single person took this pics. If you truly belive the rubbish you wrote above. Please direct me to the owners of these pics, failure to do so makes you an ignorant loud mouth for bringing it up in the first place.

ROFLMAO

You couldn't identify the source of those pictures yet you were able to trace your own story to osundefender and heraldng's portals . shocked Either you know the source or not, the point is you stole someone's work too and make them look like yours without acknowledging the owners nor telling nlers that they weren't yours. It's either piracy, intellectual theft or plagiarism. Feel free to choose any of the above !
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Bulldog(m): 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
maybe the mods have something to do with it. Some of them might be taking advantage of their position to exploit nairalanders. Copying the stories they find interesting and selling it to news media outfit. If not, i see no reason why nairaland is not fighting to protect it's intellectual property because on the long run, anyone stealing from nairalanders steals from nairaland. Just saying

1 Like

Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Symphony007: 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

ROFLMAO

You couldn't identify the source of those pictures yet you were able to trace your own story to osundefender and heraldng's portals . shocked Either you know the source or not, the point is you stole someone's work too and make them look like yours without acknowledging the owners nor telling nlers that they weren't yours. It's either piracy, intellectual theft or plagiarism. Feel free to choose any of the above !
and apparently you are too dull to realize that these image were taken by multiple sources and have reproduced and used by countless platforms that it becomes next to impossible to trace it's origin. That is a big difference from newspapers publishing a story that i originally posted. With the exact heading and the exact three pictures in the same bloody format. It was too easy to find and i once again urge you to find the origin of those photo's or remain an ignorant loud mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Symphony007: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

ROFLMAO

another example of someone obviously plagarising my work, or do you have anything contrary to prove, mr ignorant loud mouth?

https://www.nairaland.com/1370575/girlfriend-wants-access-scholarship-money

http://liveofofo.com/41500/girlfriend-access-scholarship-money/
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by erad(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
Symphony007: and apparently you are too dull to realize that these image were taken by multiple sources and have reproduced and used by countless platforms that it becomes next to impossible to trace it's origin. That is a big difference from newspapers publishing a story that i originally posted. With the exact heading and the exact three pictures in the same bloody format. It was too easy to find and i once again urge you to find the origin of those photo's or remain an ignorant loud mouth.

Obviously what they did was wrong but the reason you gave above for note giving credit to owners of the pictures isn't credible enough. That's why google will direct you to a site where the picture is when you go in search of pictures. Even if you cannot acknowledge the original owners of the pictures because you don't know them, you can provide the link of sites you got the pictures from.
I'm not blaming anyone for anything, we are all guilty of these offences but don't try acting like they are bullying you.
I believe you should have contacted them in private and if they insist on not doing anything wrong, then you make it public 'only' to prove your point and not by trying to slander them.
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by frankyychiji(f): 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
You must write them. They must give u some "credits" for your work. However, make sure u specify d "network" u want. grin grin
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by oseiwe(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
Na copy and paste dey reign, no time to waste time, do away with usb, na just to ctrl c.
#NP copy and paste - paperboi
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by scribble: 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
erad:

Obviously what they did was wrong but the reason you gave above for note giving credit to owners of the pictures isn't credible enough. That's why google will direct you to a site where the picture is when you go in search of pictures. Even if you cannot acknowledge the original owners of the pictures because you don't know them, you can provide the link of sites you got the pictures from.
I'm not blaming anyone for anything, we are all guilty of these offences but don't try acting like they are bullying you.
I believe you should have contacted them in private and if they insist on not doing anything wrong, then you make it public 'only' to prove your point and not by trying to slander them.

pretty sure he's simply giving them free publicity...
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Smily202(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
Saraben: pls sue them for copycatism

If u sue them. ..Are u going to sue all those ppl dat copy n paste too on facebook n other social network. ..blog n so on......Be wise. ....
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by phemy36(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ehya guy take heart
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by nduchucks: 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
@OP, make you sef start ya own blog and begin make money if you get the kind talent wey worth plagiarising na. Abi you be learner ni?
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by amnestylaw1(m): 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
This has happened to me in the past. The same Osun Defender copied my story and published it without giving me or the paper I was working for then (Oodua Times) credit. I wrote a story about an event in Ile-Ife. I discovered their(Osun Defender) ''crime'' years later after I traveled out of the country. I was checking out their website for old news when I saw my same old story (word for word) posted with another person's bye-line. I quickly wrote to Goke Butika (one of their staff and my former course-mate who used to teach me News Writing and Reporting and English for Mass Communication at the Polytechnic, Ibadan, Eruwa Campus)via Facebook to inform him of my observation. Till this day, I got no reaction from them and nothing was done about it. There is nothing wrong in using other people's news-stories insofar you cite the source(s) where you got them from. It is against the ethics of journalism to use other people's work with your name without giving proper credits.

1 Like

Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by sportfeva(m): 7:46am On Dec 04, 2013
This is bad, what is there to give credit to the Nairalander member who created the article or are they shy to do such or quote Nairalander? I don't get shy to do such things because lots of my article are research and written by me which i make references for readers to visit to learn more. There was a fan from my fb page who made a great contribution just by comment and i wrote an article on it and credit him with link to his facebook profile. Some of my readers visit this facebook profile in the article posted. Is right and good to be good. Both websites seem like lot of entertainment blogs we have around with same stories, some copycat and some with an added value. I will advise op to email the HeraldNg which is first website to copy it to give credit to you. Simple and you have right to the authorship.
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Kelvin0(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2013
sad@dude so they also copied something from u....same thing happened to me when i wrote something about ASUU strike how soon is soon. but in my own case I was happy that dey did copy it. but now am kinda confused, am I supposed to get a compensation from them?

mine from nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/1510795/ASUU-strike-how-soon-soon

theirs
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=131221
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Symphony007: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2013
Kelvin0: sad@dude so they also copied something from u....same thing happened to me when i wrote something about ASUU strike how soon is soon. but in my own case I was happy that dey did copy it. but now am kinda confused, am I supposed they get a compensation from them?

mine from nairaland

theirs
utterly shocking!! This is raw plagarism. Word for word. I keeping tabs on everybody reporting this kind a plagarism. A class action suit might be in order.
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Jbluv55(m): 10:57am On Dec 04, 2013
Kelvin0: sad@dude so they also copied something from u....same thing happened to me when i wrote something about ASUU strike how soon is soon. but in my own case I was happy that dey did copy it. but now am kinda confused, am I supposed to get a compensation from them?

mine from nairaland

theirs
Symphony007: utterly shocking!! This is raw plagarism. Word for word. I keeping tabs on everybody reporting this kind a plagarism. A class action suit might be in order.
But fortunately for Kelvin, he & Nairaland were both given the credit(though am not sure if that was done after Kelvin complained) and moreso I think the idea was for the story to spread as far and wide as possible(not that I'm supporting plagiarism). Kudos to Kelvin all d same.
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Kelvin0(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
Jbluv55:
But fortunately for Kelvin, he & Nairaland were both given the credit(though am not sure if that was done after Kelvin complained) and moreso I think the idea was for the story to spread as far and wide as possible(not that I'm supporting plagiarism). Kudos to Kelvin all d same.
grin grin lol, thanx dude.

1 Like

Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by Jbluv55(m): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kelvin0:
grin grin lol, thanx dude.
You are welcome broda!
Re: Osundefender & TheHeraldNG Copied My Story From Nairaland by pinnochio(m): 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lilimax:
It look as if the committee abandoned the project undecided.
From April till date nothing tangible came out of it.

We're still waiting smiley

The matter has been swept under the carpet so as to avoid overheating the polity.

grin

Join Nigeria's largest professional network

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State / Buratai Lauds Ugwuanyi’s Support For Military / The Numbers Don't Add Up In Imo State After Supreme Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.