Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender (15535 Views)

A Biafran Who Lost Hands Still Holds Flag In Tears PICS / "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths / 5 Sets Of Persons Who Betrayed Jonathan... And Nemesis Is Catching Up With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by ishiamu(m): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2015
During the Biafran-Nigerian civil war, there were a few Biafran sons and daughters, who were deceived by the Hausa-controlled Nigerian government and used to fight their fellow Biafrans. Some of them were made to believe that Biafra was dominated by Igbos, who would commandeer all the resources. Isaac Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa were among the prominent sons who were misguided. They paid dearly for their betrayal of the Biafran Republic with their lives. And for more than fifty years, their kith and kin have suffered the nemesis of the errors of these sons who were misled and betrayed by the Hausas and their Yoruba friends.
Isaac Boro was killed at the peak of the war in controversial circumstances that strongly linked Colonel Benjamin Adenkule to the death, while Ken Saro Wiwa was eventually killed by Sani Abacha, who worked with him during the war, at Bonny. The stories of Isaac Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa are great lessons for contemporary and potential betrayals of the renewed movement for the restoration of Biafran Republic.

Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro, from Kaiama (in present day Bayelsa State), was born in September 10, 1938 in Oloibiri.

Isaac Boro, while studying Chemistry at University of Nigeria Nsukka became the Student Union President of the University. Despite this support and political patronage he got from his Igbo brothers at the university, Boro led the first revolution of resource control in Nigeria few months after Aguiyi Ironsi became the Head of State of Nigeria.

He formed the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), the first armed militia of only Ijaw extraction. On February 23, 1966, Boro and his NDVF declared the Niger Delta Republic. This was the first time any part of Nigeria tried to secede. He believed that the Ijaw people deserved a fairer share of proceeds of the oil wealth than they were getting from the Federal Government.

For twelve days Boro and his militias battled the Federal forces before they were finally defeated by the far superior Federal firepower. Isaac Boro and some of his men were convicted of treason and sentenced to death, but Ironsi out of mercy decided to jail him instead of killing him as demanded by the law.

On the eve of the Biafran-Nigerian war in May 1967, Yakubu Gowon granted him amnesty and drafted him into the Nigerian Army. He was afterwards commissioned as a major in the Nigerian Army. With his army of 1000 Ijaw soldiers he fought alongside Col. Benjamin Adekunle, who was heading the 3rd Marine Commando Division of the Nigerian army. With their deep knowledge of the Niger Delta creeks, Boro and his men guided the federal forces and pushed Biafrans back from the region. Boro fought with the Nigerian forces thinking as they had promised him he was liberating the Niger Delta from Biafran forces. He however never realised he was handing his people and the huge resources in the region into the hands of Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas who pillaged the region for years to come and impoverished his people till date.
Isaac Boro was betrayed by the Nigerian forces he trusted. On May 16, 1968, after a successful battle against Biafran forces at Ogu (near Okrika) in Rivers State, Boro was ambushed by what many of his men then believed was a unit sent by Col Adekunle. In a brief and fierce battle, Adenkunle’s men gunned him down. His death went down in history as mysterious and as there was no conclusive evidence on who killed him.

Strong allegations are rife that treacherous, Adekunle, threatened by Boro’s rising prominence in the Nigerian Army, killed Boro in order to usurp the glories of the success Boro helped the 3 Marine Commando Division to achieve. He wanted to silence Boro as well silence the people of Niger Delta. Subsequent to Boro’s death, Adekunle took all the credits of the successes of the division.

A Regimental Sergeant Major under Boro was quoted as saying that Boro did not die in the heat of battle with the Biafran forces. He said the area had already been captured and secured by his company and Major Boro was on an inspection tour when they came under fire. The type of gunfire that erupted during the firefight that killed Boro was completely different from what the Biafrans were known to use in that sector of the war. This confirmed to them that it was one of the federal troops units that carried out the ambush.

As soon as Boro died, his 1000 band of soldiers was disbanded. According to Olusegun Obasanjo in his book My Command, Adekunle’s post-war political ambition pushed him into killing Boro, as he was using the war to building a ‘formidable’ name for himself. Obasanjo stated that “Col. Adekunle, at this point saw the war not only in terms of crushing a rebellion, but also as a means of building himself up for any future political position or responsibility which he might wish to seek, I knew of people of Western State origin who had felt politically victimized and who saw in Col. Adekunle a saviour and told him so, and he believed them.”

What Boro fought and died for had eluded his people for years. Niger Delta has remained impoverished despite the huge revenue it has continued to generate for the country. Oil fields and mining leases have been allocated to northern oligarchs and friends. Isaac Boro remains a lesson for future revolutionaries in knowing where to pitch their tent.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=143380

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by ishiamu(m): 7:49am On Nov 15, 2015
No wonder Ngeneukwenu said fear ndi Mba-mmiri they are betrayers... LoL

There's some sense in her words sometimes...most. are trash though

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by cheruv: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2015
And bkos of Yitschak Adaka Borro's actions and the outlook of Ijos to issues,I've joined the ranks of Igbos who don't wanna see ijaws as part of Biafra.
In 1960, ijawland is comprised of three divisions viz Western Ijaw, Brass and Degema and this is what'd be the NDR.
Too bad Borro didn't live long enough like Wiwa to see the consequences of his action crycry

20 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by hakeem4(m): 8:20am On Nov 15, 2015
grin grin
Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by doublewisdom: 8:27am On Nov 15, 2015
Osun defenders don dey gather sense small small.

19 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by nwafuluozoh: 8:42am On Nov 15, 2015
And one would think that present day Ijaws will know better. Smh!

21 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by kingofdemons: 8:44am On Nov 15, 2015
dinachi is a bastard

4 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by FireE: 8:50am On Nov 15, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
And one would think that present day Ijaws will know better. Smh!

Some of them are now waking up.

15 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by FireE: 8:50am On Nov 15, 2015
OSUN DEFENDER IS GETTING SENSE NOW, AND GOD WILL BLESS THEM FOR SAYING THE TRUTH.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by iykomo0(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2015
if it's up to me, I want a Niger Delta / Ijaw free Biafra..

I still haven't forgiven thoses guys...

someone told u that your brothers are your problems and u believed it without thinking twice..

cowards

24 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by SonOfEl(m): 9:10am On Nov 15, 2015
SS ijaws and co morons will avoid this thread like a plague.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by ishiamu(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2015
kingofdemons:
dinachi is a bastard

Bro dat barcanista of a guy is a bigot.... I hope your not his fan... cos he can betray you... the way he like and shares post against igbos will marvel you.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by ishiamu(m): 9:16am On Nov 15, 2015
Cc....
Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChas gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, severussnape Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Chukwudi44 descartes freeglobe

1 Like

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by Labee: 9:26am On Nov 15, 2015
Stale news. What is this news going to do for us? I knew back in the 90s during the time of Saro Wiwa's death that Adekunle killed Boro, and his Ijaw people knew/know this too and it hasn't change a damn thing. Abeg one Nigeria jare, the oil belongs to all off us for now at least. Until after 43 years when the oil reserves has been depleted and the Fulani then finally looses interest in the Southern region. Then at that point, our Creek brothers MIGHT decide to get off their behinds and FIGHT for resource control (live demonstrations) or outright secession. But for now everybody, including our IPOB, need to STFU and enjoy that oil. Osun defender is trying to tell you IPOB folks that you cannot trust our Creek brothers. Call it divide and rule, then so be it

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 15, 2015
oilyngbati:
[s] grin grin The divide and rule of the hausa/fulani and their conspiratorial yo.riaba can be smelt from afar! Osundefender, taliking about betrayal from an Ijo man named Adaka Boro. Why can't this creatures from Osundefender talk about the betrayal by the otapiapia-drinking frog called Awolowo? [/s]cool
Sorry nna, but I think you are among the fattest fools of Igbo origin we have here on nairaland. The Yorubas do not warrant that insult as far as this thread is concerned. You can engage some of their acute tribalist in a free for all fight when you meet each other, but not when it comes to intellectual arguments. Learn to stop attacking the SW without provocation. It will do do a lot of good as you move away from acute tribalism.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by CyberWolf: 9:32am On Nov 15, 2015
Be like say na here Sunday party go happen grin make I book space first

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by Obiagu1(m): 9:34am On Nov 15, 2015
One good thing is that Adaka Boro did not live to steal houses like his thievery brothers.
Has anyone ever heard of Boro family or something?
They've probably died off due to extreme poverty.

No stolen house to support them.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by Scholes007(m): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2015
Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by Pavore9: 10:08am On Nov 15, 2015
History.........
Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by doublewisdom: 10:11am On Nov 15, 2015
FireE:

Some of them are now waking up.
You are right. My main guy is an Ijaw and he's very passionate about Biafra. Correct guy with cash and swag no be chaff like barcanista.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by Eastlink(m): 10:44am On Nov 15, 2015
doublewisdom:

You are right. My main guy is an Ijaw and he's very passionate about Biafra. Correct guy with cash and swag no be chaff like barcanista.
To hell with this propaganda. Majority of the Ijaws don't want Biafra. At least 90/100. This is the truth and many of you fools should live with it. Focus on how to unite your brothers in the SE/SS under one Nigeria. Biafra will come when due.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by CyberWolf: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:
One good thing is that Adaka Boro did not live to steal houses like his thievery brothers.

This is fatality grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2015
Isaac Boro was betrayed by the Nigerian forces he trusted. On May 16, 1968, after a successful battle against Biafran forces at Ogu (near Okrika) in Rivers State, Boro was ambushed by what many of his men then believed was a unit sent by Col Adekunle. In a brief and fierce battle, Adenkunle’s men gunned him down. His death went down in history as mysterious and as there was no conclusive evidence on who killed him.

Liaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Boro wasn't killed by Adekule(who I very much respect).

WHO CONSPIRED WITH THE FLEEING BIAFRANS TO KILL BORO?

Opinions was divided as to the Conspirators. While some alleged that Benjamin Adekunle had a hand by some Ijaws, another set of Ijaws(Majority Ijaw Forces) however disputes it.
According to Roy Tomo-Spiff who was among Boro's Force that fought against the Biafran Rebels at that time.

"Now I want you to know that Adekunle was nowhere close to Ogu where Boro died, nor was he a commander of any particular unit or units. Adekunle, the Scorpion, was a Division Commander with a lot of Majors, Lt. Cols. and Cols. under him and he loved brave soldiers, so Maj. Boro couldn’t have been his adversary. The worst he could have done if Boro was insubordinate was to demote him or Court Marshall him. But Maj. Boro was a very brave soldier and was respected by all.

So, the story that Adekunle planned the killing or killed Major Boro is false as it was only a rumor. And we all know that rumors appeal only to lunatics."

GENERAL YAKUBU GOWON was also visibly angry that he had to redeploy Benjamin Adekunle so as to restore confidence of the Ijaw People and replaced him with Col Olusegun Obansajo.[b]

Boro was a TRUE Izon and We are Proud of him! He was NEVER a time a Biafran but a Niger-Deltan and Nigerian.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by CyberWolf: 11:12am On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Liaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Boro wasn't killed by Adekule(who I very much respect).

WHO CONSPIRED WITH THE FLEEING BIAFRANS TO KILL BORO?

Opinions was divided as to the Conspirators. While some alleged that Benjamin Adekunle had a hand by some Ijaws, another set of Ijaws(Majority Ijaw Forces) however disputes it.
According to Roy Tomo-Spiff who was among Boro's Force that fought against the Biafran Rebels at that time.

"Now I want you to know that Adekunle was nowhere close to Ogu where Boro died, nor was he a commander of any particular unit or units. Adekunle, the Scorpion, was a Division Commander with a lot of Majors, Lt. Cols. and Cols. under him and he loved brave soldiers, so Maj. Boro couldn’t have been his adversary. The worst he could have done if Boro was insubordinate was to demote him or Court Marshall him. But Maj. Boro was a very brave soldier and was respected by all."

So, the story that Adekunle planned the killing or killed Major Boro is false as it was only a rumor. And we all know that rumors appeal only to lunatics.

GENERAL YAKUBU GOWON was also visibly angry that he had to redeploy Benjamin Adekunle so as to restore confidence of the Ijaw People and replaced him with Col Olusegun Obansajo.[b]

Boro was a TRUE Izon and We are Proud of him! He was NEVER a time a Biafran but a Niger-Deltan and Nigerian.
Boro was killed by Adekunle through a what's suppose to be a covert operation. Go and read OBJ's book, My Command. Btw I'm just curious..What happened to your Lower Niger Congress

15 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2015
ishiamu:

Bro dat barcanista of a guy is a bigot.... I hope your not his fan... cos he can betray you... the way he like and shares post against igbos will marvel you.

I believe this present tonyebarcanista is Yoruba.

9 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by demielvis: 11:26am On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

Chai! Wicked.
But its the truth.That is what one gets for betraying his brother

9 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2015
CyberWolf:
Boro was killed by Adekunle through a what's suppose to be a covert operation. Go and read OBJ's book, My Command. Btw I'm just curious..What happened to your Lower Niger Congress
I have no time to argue over this. As an Izon, I rather listen to my elders that were with the GREAT Sir Isaac Adaka Boro than an Obasanjo that wasn't an eyewitness.

As for LNC, it was suppose to be a platform that will legitimately push for a referendum if the Nigeria state continue to ignore our legitimate demands but you guys BLEW it up with your IPOB when you started showing your real intentions(I won't go further).

Anyway, all man for himself. I won't say more than this.

3 Likes

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2015
am ibibio, i truly support biafra bigtime. My opinion though cos i know thr s noway biafra would be carved out of present nigeria without southsouth going too. Though the igbos r majority and ss minority with plenty tribes, i know thr will be congent agreement from both sides and the constitution will be design in such a way no tribe or clan or ethnic group is shortchange like what is happening in nigeria.
We will adopt a concise federalist system of govt where every state will be independent of the centre.
I belief in BIAFRA!
I will belief in nigeria if the present govt will implement the last confab report.
The way they r going idont see the possibility of that happening, and i dont see the possibility of facilitating another sovereign national conference under this administration.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender by demielvis: 11:34am On Nov 15, 2015
Eastlink:
Focus on how to unite your brothers in the SE/SS under one Nigeria. Biafra will come when due.
Ok sir we should keep uniting when a yoruba or hausa man cannot call a SE/SS man "my brother".
When will be it be due for Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makarfi Committee Collects N50m Monthly From Govs – PDP / Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe / Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.