Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari (36779 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 4:53am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They start running their big mouths but as soon as you start hitting them with facts and logic, they immediately start trying to have a civil debate.

I am done as well. I will get the rest of the wounded tomorrow. grin grin grin grin grin

better.

Good riddance you assh0les must be serious w@nkers.

after derailing the thread and spewing crap all over the place and not adding a single atomic value to the thread.

f00ls

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by birdman(m): 4:57am On Dec 06, 2013
Tribalism has dulled the Nigerian's senses. Why are we so slow? Guys like Dokubo NEED Nigeria the way it is, because they have a formula they can use to eat oil money, and it is working without fail. The guy never really said he doesnt want a united Nigeria. He just want one where his man is in power so he can continue to work his formula. He knows full well that his homeland is rotting away, yet the guys who keep putting pressure on the FG about the delta are SW folks, hundreds of km away.

This is why I keep laughing at the integrationists who want to keep Nigeria one.The only non SW'ner I can think of with enough integrity to stand up to the government/PDP was Achebe. Maybe Balarabe Musa and Col Umar too. Have you noticed 99% of the democracy agitators have been from the SW? When it comes time to sacrifice blood and life for democracy, guess where the protests happen. Yup, the SW.

The sooner we understand the Nigerian mirage and pull our resources inward, the better. How much further would Awolowo have gone if he quit trying to become president of a dubious experiment and concentrated his political energy locally? Just the free education that lasted a few years has a lasting mark on the SW - look at the prodigious quantity of manpower and generational know-how it has birthed. I hope the new young'ns, the Fasholas, Aregbesola's etc learn from history and understand that charity begins at home.

The only people who have any love for Nigeria are SW folk. the rest came to the realization a long time ago that Nigeria is like a big cake to be eaten until only crumbs are left. Yoruba, cut your coat according to your size and stop trying to be everybody's savior (Soyinka, yes Im looking at you)
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 06, 2013
birdman: Tribalism has dulled the Nigerian's senses. Why are we so slow? Guys like Dokubo NEED Nigeria the way it is, because they have a formula they can use to eat oil money, and it is working without fail. The guy never really said he doesnt want a united Nigeria. He just want one where his man is in power so he can continue to work his formula. He knows full well that his homeland is rotting away, yet the guys who keep putting pressure on the FG about the delta are SW folks, hundreds of km away.

This is why I keep laughing at the integrationists who want to keep Nigeria one.The only non SW'ner I can think of with enough integrity to stand up to the government/PDP was Achebe. Maybe Balarabe Musa and Col Umar too. Have you noticed 99% of the democracy agitators have been from the SW? When it comes time to sacrifice blood and life for democracy, guess where the protests happen. Yup, the SW.

The sooner we understand the Nigerian mirage and pull our resources inward, the better. How much further would Awolowo have gone if he quit trying to become president of a dubious experiment and concentrated his political energy locally? Just the free education that lasted a few years has a lasting mark on the SW - look at the prodigious quantity of manpower and generational know-how it has birthed. I hope the new young'ns, the Fasholas, Aregbesola's etc learn from history and understand that charity begins at home.

The only people who have any love for Nigeria are SW folk. the rest came to the realization a long time ago that Nigeria is l ike a big cake to be plundered. Yoruba, cut your coat according to your size and stop trying to be everybody's savior (Soyinka, yes Im looking at you)

Thanks, Sir. Well said!!

I'll never understand Yoruba people and why we love one-Nigeria so much. Trying too hard to be the saviour, yet it's stifling the progress of Yoruba people.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 5:05am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Thanks, Sir. Well said!!

I'll never understand Yoruba people and why we love one-Nigeria so much. Trying too hard to be the saviour, yet it's stifling the progress of Yoruba people.

Go and save yourslef from the clutches of Aboki
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 5:06am On Dec 06, 2013
birdman: Tribalism has dulled the Nigerian's senses. Why are we so slow? Guys like Dokubo NEED Nigeria the way it is, because they have a formula they can use to eat oil money, and it is working without fail. The guy never really said he doesnt want a united Nigeria. He just want one where his man is in power so he can continue to work his formula. He knows full well that his homeland is rotting away, yet the guys who keep putting pressure on the FG about the delta are SW folks, hundreds of km away.

The only people who have any love for Nigeria are SW folk. the rest came to the realization a long time ago that Nigeria is like a big cake to be eaten until only crumbs are left. Yoruba, cut your coat according to your size and stop trying to be everybody's savior (Soyinka, yes Im looking at you)

And how did Achebe even stand up to the FG? By rejecting the award given to him? How many times was Achebe imprisoned? How many times was his house or car shot at? Standing up for principles when you are thousands of miles away is not the same thing as living in the same country with Abacha, IBB, Mustapha, Sergeant Rogers, etc.

And I echo your sentiments about Soyinka and other Yoruba freedom fighters. There is no point in believing in one Nigeria. Let all men turn their voices towards restructuring or disintegration.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Stop trolling me phaggit!

How about go save ya receiving bum from whoever has dominion over it? Sod off!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 5:11am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Stop trolling me phaggit!

How about go save ya receiving bum from whoever has dominion over it? Sod off!

so i see you are into ana1 ranting

sodomite
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 5:15am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

That ain't gonna happen in this our lifetime grin at least not when the abokis are clutching steadfastly to their balls and squeezing the living day light out of them grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

so i see you are into ana1 ranting

sodomite

Bishop_maggotBum

Eat a dyck and choke on it, phaggit.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 5:17am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

see this ode.

you guys are into Nigeria like a crack fiend. You know you have gained more than if there was ever true federalism.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 06, 2013
Truckpusher: That ain't gonna happen in this our lifetime grin at least not when the abokis are clutching steadfastly to their balls and squeezing the living day light out of them grin grin grin

And you honestly believe that in a proper war between the Northerners and Yoruba's, the Northerners, especially the Fulani's won't be sent back to the Futa Jallon where they came from?

You lot don't understand anything about warfare. I feel sorry for most of you. Sooner or later, the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria would have to fight. Then we would see who's about it and who the noise-makers are. wink

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 5:23am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Bishop_maggotBum

Eat a dyck and choke on it, phaggit.

fagg0t fantasies

why you a fagg0t Shymex?

why you like d1ck up ur ar$e and down your throat shymex?

why shymex why?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 5:26am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

And you honestly believe that in a proper war between the Northerners and Yoruba's, the Northerners, especially the Fulani's won't be sent back to the Futa Jallon where they came from?

You lot don't understand anything about warfare. I feel sorry for most of you. Sooner or later, the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria would have to fight. Then we would see who's about it and who the noise-makers are. wink
Lmao @ you guys driving the Fulas to Futa Jallon......and they conquered your kinsmen in Kwaraland? now they control Kwara State where the Gambari people now rule over your kith and kin dishing out orders to them and converting them to his faith...smh

Omo! una eff up sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 5:30am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

please stop posting

You funny die!

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 5:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

please stop posting

You funny die!

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by madnigerian: 6:15am On Dec 06, 2013
Good morning.....and commiserations to the thread on the passing of Nelson Mandela.

Here , in brief , is why I think we cannot split.

1.THE OIL: We are all hooked up to oil. 88% OF OUR REVENUE COMES FROM OIL. ALL THE NON-OIL PRODUCING STATES ARE REFUSING TO GET OFF THE OIL MONEY. The result is that, in the event of a split[b] NOW[/b] , there will be war over who CONTROLS THE OIL.

If you want a peaceful split without the fighting over oil money, you have to follow the Czechs and the Slovaks and get your state to focus on industry and agric....especially the North , Middle Belt and EVEN the South East....especially Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra.

I hear some people shout Sudan. WELL BOTH NORTH AND SOUTH SUDAN PRODUCE OIL.....and while the North Sudan produces less oil, it stands to gain from any transit fees paid by the South.

2.THE MINORITIES; Most of you people talk as if Nigeria is made up of Hausas, Yorubas and Igbos. Well, we have minority tribes too. And in the event of a disintegration, they will suffer from the rapaciousness of the majority tribes. If you think that won't happen, then you are from a majority tribe, or just blind.

During pre-colonial times we suffered under the majority tribes. We will not suffer again.

3.AVOIDING THE ELEPHANT: I see no one shouting 'Let's separate' talking about the pervasive corruption in all levels of our society...corruption exacerbated by the fact that we have oil money ready to spend.If we split, I guarantee you that corruption will ravage each and every former Nigerian's space. Add the fact that I see many Nigerians complain about PDP , and yet vote for the same mess every time because of tribal or religious considerations.

The fact is, we feel alienated because of bad leaders.And until we stop voting in bad leaders and start voting in good people, or alternatively start using our votes to show our leaders that we mean business and stop listeningto the lies that a vote for PDP means a vote for Kaferis, or a vote for APC means a vote for terrorists,we will remain backward. These lies are spread by the same people who now sit down in power and chop our oil money. Time to say enough is enough.

4.No one has been able to devise a clear formula as to how we should separate. Some say that the old Northern region should go it alone.....forgetting that the North is divided along religious and cultural lines. Some shout Biafra, forgetting that the SS and SE are not one. Some shout this and that. With such vague ness, forgive me for being skeptical about the whole thing.

5.Many of the disitegrationists are sooo bigoted. They freely use insults and speak in the language of racists. And at the end of the day , the same people you are insulting are the ones that you would ask to split from. How would you work together to acheive a peaceful split, when all you do is shout abuse.

6.Many of the disintegrationistis do not want to use the political process to split. I am yet to see a party formed to agitate for separation rights. Take scotland. The scots used the political process to get to where they are over a period of 80 years. And they did not ask for independence outright, and even with this referendum, they may not win(due to factors beyond their control....factors around an EU entry for Scotland).

Where is the Biafra Independence Party? The Arewa Republic Party? No where. They all want the West to come and free them. Well, just as Ahaz, king of Judah invitied the Assyrians to save him and had to serve their gods, so also inviting the West means that you have to serve them.

In conclusion, let me make myself clear. I am not opposed to a split. However, certain factors make me convinced that a split at this time would lead to serious warfare. I do not want another civil war.

I am also ashamed of the fact that Nigerians have not grown up. We vote for bad people all the time. During millitary rule, most of us kept our mouths shut and did nothing. We kill each other over tribal issues. We refuse to develop our states and local governments and instead fight over oil money. We use tribe to further feather our nests. And when our leaders are caught with their hands in the till, we promptly declare them innocent, and even garland them with honors.

In my opinion, Nigeria must stop being corrupt, industrialize, just as China, Germany, Japan and even India are doing, and then we can talk about splitting....when each and every part of this country is self sufficient.And the road there starts with really good leaders, not jokes who pretend to be doing something by giving us crumbs from the table.

We should also get rid of tribal and religious bigotry, the same way the US and Europe is ridding itself of racisim. We shouldstop seeing ourselves as evil animals. We should end the 'Hutu vs Tutsi' games that we play in this country.....games sponsored by the same elite who are united in their corruption against us.

In brief, we need to grow up. We need to get off the oil. We need to mature.

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 06, 2013
Truckpusher: Lmao @ you guys driving the Fulas to Futa Jallon......and they conquered your kinsmen in Kwaraland? now they control Kwara State where the Gambari people now rule over your kith and kin dishing out orders to them and converting them to his faith...smh

Omo! una eff up sha grin grin

Can you please tell me any notable Fulani warrior, what Fulani warfare is about and who they defeated in any battle? And don't cite Ilorin - that was a case of the diabolic Afonja getting raped by his own Fulni slaves. That has nothing to do with Yoruba. However, I can cite at least three minority groups in Northern Nigeria who defeated the Fulani's - even at their peak of Jihadism. Heck, Ibadan, a subgroup of Yoruba also defeated them at Osogbo. Now imagine the whole Yoruba's going to war with the Fulani's.

Read more and stop letting what your handle means take over your IQ and cognitive reasoning. wink

2 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by russellino: 6:28am On Dec 06, 2013
birdman:
Have you noticed 99% of the democracy agitators have been from the SW? When it comes time to sacrifice blood and life for democracy, guess where the protests happen. Yup, the SW.

Hate to jump into your discussion but this myth has gone on for too long. Plenty of non-yorubas have contributed and played their role in the fight for democracy in this country. Yorubas make up a huge chunk of course but its wrong to give credit to yorubas only.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 6:33am On Dec 06, 2013
mad nigerian: Good morning.....and commiserations to the thread on the passing of Nelson Mandela.

Here , in brief , is why I think we cannot split.

1.THE OIL: We are all hooked up to oil. 88% OF OUR REVENUE COMES FROM OIL. ALL THE NON-OIL PRODUCING STATES ARE REFUSING TO GET OFF THE OIL MONEY. The result is that, in the event of a split[b] NOW[/b] , there will be war over who CONTROLS THE OIL.

If you want a peaceful split without the fighting over oil money, you have to follow the Czechs and the Slovaks and get your state to focus on industry and agric....especially the North , Middle Belt and EVEN the South East....especially Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra.

I hear some people shout Sudan. WELL BOTH NORTH AND SOUTH SUDAN PRODUCE OIL.....and while the North Sudan produces less oil, it stands to gain from any transit fees paid by the South.

2.THE MINORITIES; Most of you people talk as if Nigeria is made up of Hausas, Yorubas and Igbos. Well, we have minority tribes too. And in the event of a disintegration, they will suffer from the rapaciousness of the majority tribes. If you think that won't happen, then you are from a majority tribe, or just blind.

During pre-colonial times we suffered under the majority tribes. We will not suffer again.

3.AVOIDING THE ELEPHANT: I see no one shouting 'Let's separate' talking about the pervasive corruption in all levels of our society...corruption exacerbated by the fact that we have oil money ready to spend.If we split, I guarantee you that corruption will ravage each and every former Nigerian's space. Add the fact that I see many Nigerians complain about PDP , and yet vote for the same mess every time because of tribal or religious considerations.

The fact is, we feel alienated because of bad leaders.And until we stop voting in bad leaders and start voting in good people, or alternatively start using our votes to show our leaders that we mean business and stop listeningto the lies that a vote for PDP means a vote for Kaferis, or a vote for APC means a vote for terrorists,we will remain backward. These lies are spread by the same people who now sit down in power and chop our oil money. Time to say enough is enough.

4.No one has been able to devise a clear formula as to how we should separate. Some say that the old Northern region should go it alone.....forgetting that the North is divided along religious and cultural lines. Some shout Biafra, forgetting that the SS and SE are not one. Some shout this and that. With such vague ness, forgive me for being skeptical about the whole thing.

5.Many of the disitegrationists are sooo bigoted. They freely use insults and speak in the language of racists. And at the end of the day , the same people you are insulting are the ones that you would ask to split from. How would you work together to acheive a peaceful split, when all you do is shout abuse.

6.Many of the disintegrationistis do not want to use the political process to split. I am yet to see a party formed to agitate for separation rights. Take scotland. The scots used the political process to get to where they are over a period of 80 years. And they did not ask for independence outright, and even with this referendum, they may not win(due to factors beyond their control....factors around an EU entry for Scotland).

Where is the Biafra Independence Party? The Arewa Republic Party? No where. They all want the West to come and free them. Well, just as Ahaz, king of Judah invitied the Assyrians to save him and had to serve their gods, so also inviting the West means that you have to serve them.

In conclusion, let me make myself clear. I am not opposed to a split. However, certain factors make me convinced that a split at this time would lead to serious warfare. I do not want another civil war.

I am also ashamed of the fact that Nigerians have not grown up. We vote for bad people all the time. During millitary rule, most of us kept our mouths shut and did nothing. We kill each other over tribal issues. We refuse to develop our states and local governments and instead fight over oil money. We use tribe to further feather our nests. And when our leaders are caught with their hands in the till, we promptly declare them innocent, and even garland them with honors.

In my opinion, Nigeria must stop being corrupt, industrialize, just as China, Germany, Japan and even India are doing, and then we can talk about splitting....when each and every part of this country is self sufficient.And the road there starts with really good leaders, not jokes who pretend to be doing something by giving us crumbs from the table.

We should also get rid of tribal and religious bigotry, the same way the US and Europe is ridding itself of racisim. We shouldstop seeing ourselves as evil animals. We should end the 'Hutu vs Tutsi' games that we play in this country.....games sponsored by the same elite who are united in their corruption against us.

In brief, we need to grow up. We need to get off the oil. We need to mature.

When the time comes, you can remain a mad Nigerian. You want to kill over oil, no wahala, just get ready angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by ACM10: 6:36am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

That's not a proper analogy.

3 men (Igbo, Yoruba, & Northerner) shared 9 candles until the Igbo man took all 9 candles while the other two were sleeping claiming that he was a better keeper. The Northerner got angry and engaged the Igbo man in a fight and took all 9 candles for himself. Now that he has 9 candles, why would he revert to the original arrangement? If the Igbo man didn't get greedy and attempt to take all 9 candles, would the Northerner know the benefit of having all candles? Plain and simple - if you seek an advantage for yourself and someone else seizes that advantage from you, why will he relinquish it?

One question for you. Do you believe that January 1966 coup was an Igbo coup?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by madnigerian: 6:56am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

When the time comes, you came remain a mad Nigerian. You want to kill over oil, no wahala, just get ready angry angry angry angry angry angry

First off, it is sad that you cannot engage with my arguments, which shows two things...

1.You know that I am right, and it pains you.

2.You think of me in terms that would violate Godwin's law(adapted for African perspectives).

I have expressed my view that Nigeria cannot break up peacefully so long as we are all linked to oil. And I think that a HUGE part of the problem is that people like you refuse to vote for the right persons to lead us all to self sufficiency without oil.

You may think of a resource war as frivolous, but I do not.

And I find it amusing that some people who chant separation are the biggest supporters of the corrupt leaders we have.

Look my friend, I am from an oil producing state( exactly where , I won't tell you). And frankly, I am not opposed to a split. But for it to be peaceful, we have to get each and every one of our states off the oil money via industriaisation and ending corruption.

But people like you don't want to do that. You want to split so that when your new leaders have finished looting, you would at least have unrestricted access to some oil money. That is not development.

Take a cue from the UK and the Former Czechoslovakia. Self sufficiency through industrial development first, then we can split, so that we do not have another civil war, ok?

2 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 7:10am On Dec 06, 2013
mad nigerian:

First off, it is sad that you cannot engage with my arguments, which shows two things...

2.You think of me in terms that would violate Godwin's law(adapted for African perspectives).

I have expressed my view that Nigeria cannot break up peacefully so long as we are all linked to oil. And I think that a HUGE part of the problem is that people like you refuse to vote for the right persons to lead us all to self sufficiency without oil.

And I find it amusing that some people who chant separation are the biggest supporters of the corrupt leaders we have.

Look my friend, I am from an oil producing state( exactly where , I won't tell you). And frankly, I am not opposed to a split. But for it to be peaceful, we have to get each and every one of our states off the oil money via industriaisation and ending corruption.

But people like you don't want to do that. You want to split so that when your new leaders have finished looting, you would at least have unrestricted access to some oil money. That is not development.

Take a cue from the UK and the Former Czechoslovakia. Self sufficiency through industrial development first, then we can split, so that we do not have another civil war, ok?

When the time comes every man will carry his cross back to his village
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

That's not a proper analogy.

3 men (Igbo, Yoruba, & Northerner) shared 9 candles until the Igbo man took all 9 candles while the other two were sleeping claiming that he was a better keeper. The Northerner got angry and engaged the Igbo man in a fight and took all 9 candles for himself. Now that he has 9 candles, why would he revert to the original arrangement? If the Igbo man didn't get greedy and attempt to take all 9 candles, would the Northerner know the benefit of having all candles? Plain and simple - if you seek an advantage for yourself and someone else seizes that advantage from you, why will he relinquish it?
That is truly what happened during the shocking Ironsi regime. I may be of SE extraction but it is very disengenuous for any MASSOB element to kick against unity because of the natural middle belt and Northern reaction to perceived Aguiyi-Ironsi injustice and ethnic domination.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:14am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

No, you're the one that need to save your people from the north where they still do business even when Boko Haram are on the lose.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

And how did Achebe even stand up to the FG? By rejecting the award given to him? How many times was Achebe imprisoned? How many times was his house or car shot at? Standing up for principles when you are thousands of miles away is not the same thing as living in the same country with Abacha, IBB, Mustapha, Sergeant Rogers, etc.

And I echo your sentiments about Soyinka and other Yoruba freedom fighters. There is no point in believing in one Nigeria. Let all men turn their voices towards restructuring or disintegration.
Chinua Achebe was a core tribalist who spoke only when Igbo were affected.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

I doubt it. I like the British system and that's the only system that can work in Nigeria. One country, with four nationalities and four identities. United Kingdom of Nigeria! cool
How many times do I have to tell you Shymex. You need to stop looking at the Nigerian situation with European goggles
Anyway the English Scots the Irish and the Welsh are a mixture of tribes e.g Angles,Saxons Normans,Bretons,Celts,Picts Danes,Vikings,etc. These days you have Africans,Asians and people from all over the world claiming British Nationality.
All these tribes formed into the modern nation states of England Scotland Wales and Ireland which were further united by the monarchical system.
The tribes in Nigeria are just that: tribes. There is only one nationality in Nigeria and that is Nigerian. The fact that there is no language called Nigerian should not be a cause for confusion. After all there is no language called American or Canadian either.
What is more the native tongues in Nigeria share the common Kwa language ancestry and there is a lot of commonality in customs and belief systems
There is no concept of ethnic nationality in Nigeria no matter what the PC brigade of the BBC may say.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Onlytruth(m): 7:35am On Dec 06, 2013
mad nigerian:

My Igbo people say that when a native doctor runs out of remedies for a difficult ailment, he demands the stomach of the smallest ant in the jungle be brought by the relatives of the dying man.

For most of my life as a student in Nigeria, the North recieved UNPARALELLED support for education, yet they refused to go to school. You name it, they got it: Free education to university level, bursary, nomadic education, etc; while I from SE got zilch and had to pay for my accomodation and books, NO BURSARY for me. We usually looked on in envy each time northern students got bursary. Still the policy failed to make the North embrace western education (I read somewhere that Northern cut off for JAMB these days is even lower than before).
So, how on earth does anyone see a time when Northerners can catch up with Southerners in human development? Mind you industrial development is almost impossible without human development.

So, if we follow your formula we may have to wait for ever, unless of course that is your goal anyway.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by ACM10: 7:36am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

2) revenue from oil in 1966 was not the major source of revenue.

. . .and what was the major source of revenue? COCOA? Who told you that Nigeria was not exporting oil before 1966? How about the oil fields that were fought for at the start of the war? It sucks to be a tribal warlord. Your warped logic is slowly regressing to cretinism.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by ACM10: 7:42am On Dec 06, 2013
tensor777:
That is truly what happened during the shocking Ironsi regime. I may be of SE extraction but it is very disengenuous for any MASSOB element to kick against unity because of the natural middle belt and Northern reaction to perceived Aguiyi-Ironsi injustice and ethnic domination.

You are more idiotic than the person you quoted. It's a pity that this country has retards in abundance.

Do you believe that January 1966 coup was an Igbo coup? Answer this question for us to move to the next stage of the debate.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 06, 2013
ACM10:

. . .and what was the major source of revenue? COCOA? Who told you that Nigeria was not exporting oil before 1966? How about the oil fields that were fought for at the start of the war? It sucks to be a tribal warlord. Your warped logic is slowly regressing to that of cretins.
And where did you read that from. In fact the Cocoa argument is dead. Even the Civil War was financed solely from oil revenues if you must know without Gowon Regime borrowing a single penny from anyone.
Okay let me ask you what percentage does cocoa form of Nigeria's non-oil exports today? A very minuscle percentage.
Anyone thinking that Nigeria can in any way shape or form revert to the 1960s style of plantation economy is highly deluded. The world has gone beyond that stage.
Nowadays it is human ideas and scientific and technical innovations that drive modern economies not cocoa and groundnuts
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2013
ACM10:
Do you believe that January 1966 coup was an Igbo coup? Answer this question for us to move to the next stage of the debate.
Of course it was. Even if you say it wasn't, it was certainly perceived as one. Is that not what matters in the end?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by russellino: 7:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

Who are these champions from the SW? Lets start from there. What did they say that made you to conclude that they are for one Nigeria?

Thread carefully because you may just get egg on your face.

By their actions they called the Yoruba cowards. Did the military not suppress all regions? And who were those at the fore front of fighting the military, even without guns?

These are those that stood up to military dictators.
1. Fela
2. Beko Ransome-kuti
3. Gani Fawehinmi
4. Femi Falani
5. Wole Soyinka
6. Baba Omojola
7. Segun Maiyegun
8. Sowore
9. Michael Ajasin
10. Abraham adesanya
11. Faseun

Let us have the names of the 'cowards' from your region. Please do not disappoint. Provide a list of those who were locked up regularly by successive governments.

This myth of "only yorubas fought for democracy" in my humble opinion shows bad faith to those nigerians including igbos who were severally arrested and detained by abacha for fighting for June 12. Funny enough today the revisionists are trying to make us understand that it was a yoruba struggle (also bad faith to all nigerians).

Check the following nadeco members-

Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu (Rtd): When the likes of Abraham Adesanya could not hold Nadeco meetings anywhere for fear of arrest or assassination they found a safehouse in ex-military man Ndubuisi Kanu's home up until the death of abacha

Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe (Rtd)

Okwadike Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife,

Late Senator Polycarp Nwite

Late Ubani Chima of the CLO

Joe Igbokwe

Chief Olisa Agbakoba SAN

Senator Chris Anyanwu - who almost went completely blind in abacha's gulag

Non-Nadeco - Chief Alex Ekwueme

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Umaru Musa Yar'adua With His Wife And Daughter / Buhari Government Receives $312m Abacha Loot From US / Joseph Yobo Mocks Buhari In A New Article: Between GEJ And GMB, Who Is Fitter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.