Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? (22161 Views)

Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. / Men Don't Like Tall Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2013
They don't give us flowers sad angry

One's gotta admit that phones,hair extensions etc can be a little technical
Flowers are the bomb.
White/red roses(my favorites) can make a girl think of you forever. Yes
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by MrMac10(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by kliq(m): 9:07am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: They don't give us flowers sad angry
That is because Nigerian girls don't appreciate flowers as gifts,they belike "na flower we wan chop"?

grin

55 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2013
Why would they give you when you prefer money to other stuffs?? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2013
Since when did Nigerian girls start accepting flowers? undecided

Left with bobos, we go buy flower tire, because it's cheap and romantic. grin

But then I've seen girls ask "flower for what? Am I a goat?"

Abeg, you people should stop being so discombobulated. . . I'm not generalizing like you did, though.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by dahmie2013: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2013
Human wants are insatiable. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2013
embarassed girls like me love flowers
kliq:
That is because Nigerian girls don't appreciate flowers as gifts,they belike "na flower we wan chop"?

grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2013
stop acting as if you are one of those decent girls that only need love from a man and not material things. Girls like you jump from car to car, taking pics at the passenger's seat and uploading on fb. All you want is MONEY!MONEY!!MONEY!!! Such that when a broke guy with a bright future who can only afford flowers comes your way, you bullsheet him and yet you come here with a cooked up persona.

61 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 05, 2013
There is quite a significant number of romantic Naija men.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2013
Well mine is romantic too just that he's not around here. I'm sure he'd give me flowers too if he was around
But before then, I've not seen any other guy giving us flowers
MarvellousGod: I don't know about yours, but mine is romantic. . cool kiss
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Ok lemme edit the topic
I guess it came out wrong
CFCfan: There is quite a significant number of romantic Naija men.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by demelza: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2013
You mean those plastic flowers sprayed with perfume? I'll pass on that.
The ones I know are pretty romantic.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by UjSizzle(f): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2013
sexkillz: Since when did Nigeria girls start accepting flowers? undecided

Left with bobos, we go buy flower tire, because it's cheap and romantic. grin

Abeg, you people should stop being so discombobulated. . . I'm not generalizing like you did, though.
Yeah true. First time a boy gave me flowers(freshly picked from God knows where) I gave him a very odd look, and only accepted it because he looked visibly hurt sad
The fake ones are just annoying...all that perfume wasted on something i'll probably forget about in 5secs flat undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Queenyprinxex(f): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2013
Laffin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by king94(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2013
It goes both ways. If d gel isn't romantic,y would I stress myself ova being romantic?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by kliq(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: embarassed girls like me love flowers
Sounds sweet...but you just 1 in like a million smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 05, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Yeah true. First time a boy gave me flowers(freshly picked from God knows where) I gave him a very odd look, and only accepted it because he looked visibly hurt sad
The fake ones are just annoying...all that perfume wasted on something i'll probably forget about in 5secs flat undecided
Loretta, you dey see am so? grin

Your fellow girls prefer food: pastries e.g meatpie, isiewu, fried rice, chicken, peppersoup, nkwobi and ice cream, than flowers. grin

Oh and money. wink

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by DukeNija(m): 9:26am On Dec 05, 2013
Well I don't think I'm romantic. But I sure know I'm very caring and loving. But I am equally sure I'm not romantic.
I can't be doing some things because I see them on tv. Giving flowers et al are incongruous with our culture. Its just plain annoying. Most men use romance to deceive unsuspecting women into believing they love them, and romance can be practised and perfected, ask a playboy. But commitment, devotion and sincere care comes from within!

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 05, 2013
What do you want to do with flowers. You be goat? No be money una want? Abeg stop pretending grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 05, 2013
Why are you hurt?
Do you know me?
Or do you know any man that's paying me monthly salary?
PS liking flowers has nothing to do with decency or lack of it. A girl can like flowers and still be bad,while one who doesn't like flowers can still be good

I think you missed your heart-break medicine today tongue
Segeggs: stop acting as if you are one of those decent girls that only need love from a man and not material things. Girls like you jump from car to car, taking pics at the passenger's seat and uploading on fb. All you want is MONEY!MONEY!!MONEY!!! Such that when a broke guy with a bright future who can only afford flowers comes your way, you bullsheet him and yet you come here with a cooked up persona.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by homesteady(m): 9:26am On Dec 05, 2013
Giving Flowers is just not a Nigerian thing!
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by tmtech: 9:27am On Dec 05, 2013
naija men ask : ladies wat do you want
Naija ladies respond: we don't know
Naija men: when do you want it
Naija ladies: now!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact is, for a naija guy who really cares ,it quite cumbersome to keep ur girl truely happy ....cos , as a matter of fact, everything is not abt money( though money is essential).....ladies ussually assume you no their needs ,rather than ask........me dey try....infact I lyk the complexity of naija ladies.......studying them is really interesting........
Bottom line is, men are generally not so romantic.......you av to train ur man 2 no know ur needs.........

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by kliq(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2013
sexkillz: Since when did Nigerian girls start accepting flowers? undecided

Lol....so funny

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Mynd44: 9:28am On Dec 05, 2013
She will appreciate airtime that cost half the price of the flowers better.....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 05, 2013
No I mean real flowers.
I HATE them fake plastics
demelza: You mean those plastic flowers sprayed with perfume? I'll pass on that.
The ones I know are pretty romantic.
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by castielo(m): 9:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Nigerian girls? Flowers? ...Hehehe grin

Its a good thing to dream sha undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by kliq(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2013
sexkillz: Loretta, you dey see am so? grin

Your fellow girls prefer food: pastries, meatpie, isiewu, peppersoup, nkwobi and ice cream, than flowers. grin

Oh and money. wink

LMAO

You know them so so well,naija girls....smh tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 05, 2013
Other gifts are cool too of course. But once in a while flowers would be nice.
If I give u as a guy one gift every season, xmas, easter,new year,valentine etc. It will get boring to u I'm sure.
So also as a lady I think flowers are ok to get in the mix

Besides I don't know why some ppl think flowers are cheap. They are not. sad
There are real expensive bouqets out there.they are not all cheap. But real romantic.
sexkillz: Loretta, you dey see am so? grin

Your fellow girls prefer food: pastries, meatpie, isiewu, peppersoup, nkwobi and ice cream, than flowers. grin

Oh and money. wink
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 05, 2013
The ladies prefer Mr Biggs/Tantalizers/Domino's to fake flowers grin
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by shadydeals: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: No I mean real flowers.
I HATE them fake plastics
tuk tru, if i giv u flower now u go colect am?
Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by coolzeal(m): 9:37am On Dec 05, 2013
Nigerian girls don't appreciate flowers as romantic trips except money. Presenting flowers as gifts to them is like beating the shi*t out of them and I bet you do op..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 05, 2013
lorretta u: Other gifts are cool too of course. But once in a while flowers would be nice.
If I give u as a guy one gift every season, xmas, easter,new year,valentine etc. It will get boring to u I'm sure.
So also as a lady I think flowers are ok to get in the mix

Besides I don't know why some ppl think flowers are cheap. They are not. sad
There are real expensive bouqets out there.they are not all cheap. But real romantic.
Why will I buy an expensive bouquet that'll end in the trash? undecided

I'll rather buy fried rice with chicken and ice cream, then buy "Richad cad" with the remaining change. . . grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Are You Benefitting From Your Current Relationship Now / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.