Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Awolowo The Secessionist? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo The Secessionist? (2654 Views)

My Profound Apologies To The Ndi'igbo And Biafra Secessionist Group IPOB / The Biafran Secessionist And Unsaid Actualities--chigachi Eke / People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awolowo The Secessionist? by Ilaje44(m): 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Awolowo has always been labelled a secessionist, that he did not believe in one Nigeria. However, he has actually articulated in many interviews and speeches he made, his believe in the singleness of the Nigerian entity albeit with more power to the federating units. Watch...

An Interview with Obafemi Awolowo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGxtVhpBAr0

Chief Obafemi Awolowo: Quality Leadership

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIXLM_ezptU
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by 4Wilywily: 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
If not that Coup Awolowo could have died in Calabar prison, Akintola who imprisoned Awolowo wanted him dead by all means.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by ChinoElects1: 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
The man was a coupist who was jailed to languish in Calabar prison if not for Ojukwu he would have rot in there. Though years later he did commit suicide after being closed in by IBB for plotting yet another coup..

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by DerideGull(m): 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
@OP

Talk is, indeed, very cheap. Awolowo labeled secessionist my foot. What an arrant nonsense.
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by bloggernaija: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Chino.Elects:
The man was a coupist who was jailed to languish in Calabar prison if not for Ojukwu he would have rot in there. Though years later he did commit suicide after being closed in by IBB for plotting yet another coup..

MUMU

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by DerideGull(m): 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
4Wilywily: If not that Coup Awolowo could have died in Calabar prison, Akintola who imprisoned Awolowo wanted him dead by all mean.

You could not be more correct.
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
Chino.Elects:
dont you get tired? Cant you just accept defeat? You opened a thread to ridicule awolowo but ended up ridiculing ojukwu. Here you are again with one of your handles doing thesame again.

Well, my take. Awolowo left an undying legacy in SW. His free educational policy is one of the reasons the SW has 8 of their universities in NUC's best universities list 2013. His policies are always discussed by seasoned politicians. Policies that made the SW to skyrocket in terms of development and made it the envy of other regions.

Zik left no legacy for nigerians and for the igbos whom he never supported in their senseless approach towards seccession. His mausoleum lies in ruins.

Ojukwu is a celebrated CANTANKEROUS COWARD who abandoned his soldiers, women and children in the heat of the war to go cool-off with isi-ewu and chilled palm wine in abidjan with makoosa music in the background.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by T8ksy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
4Wilywily: If not that Coup Awolowo could have died in Calabar prison, Akintola who imprisoned Awolowo wanted him dead by all means.

So akintola who was a regional premier had the power to jail Awolowo in calabar? words fails me!!!

Come to think of it, that was his (Awolowo's) saving grace 'cause am sure had he not been set up and incarcerated, the ibo coupists of 1966

would have found a reason to have him murdered too. Awolowo has always been a stumbling block to ibo covetous and hegemonic agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by simpleseyi: 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
Chino.Elects:

You cannot abuse my forefathers and expect a hug from me except you want to hug 33KVA electric transformer.

This is why Fani Femi-Kayode has to father all Ojukwu's children. But is that also why your tribe has always been second class citizens in Nigeria? Is that why Hausa/Fulani enjoy using your tribe for suya in the whole of the North and now, they have graduated to coming to your home towns and villages to maim, kill and destroy your generations?

Awo destroyed your generations yet unborn. He wanted to wipe out the prodigal Nigerian-Jews from Nigerian map, killing more than 2 million of you idiots, yet you never learned from your fathers' mistake. Bring it on, start another senseless war and we shall wipe you Nigerian-Jews from Nigerian map once and for all. We shall not let any of you escape like your war-lord Ojukwu did, we shall annihilate you completely. You shall all be shot with AK-49 and survivors will be re-shot. Remember Obasanjo, T.Y. Danjuma, Jereboy Oseni and other Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani are still alive to teach you the lesson your grandfathers refused to learn.

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by debetmx(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
T8ksy:

So akintola who was a regional premier had the power to jail Awolowo in calabar? words fails me!!!

Come to think of it, that was his (Awolowo's) saving grace 'cause am sure had he not been set up and incarcerated, the ibo coupists of 1966

would have found a reason to have him murdered too. Awolowo has always been a stumbling block to ibo covetous and hegemonic agenda.

That wilywily guy dumb gan. His elder brother, deludedgull is even more dumb.

God bless the late Sage.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by superstar1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
thank God Awolowo was in prison, they-blood thirst and power drunk tribe - would have murdered him too over night. providence protected him for us before Gowon released him. he died in his sleep at a ripe old age. God bless him for us grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
On Jan 15th 1966...the Ibo officers were on a murderous rage...killing everybody and everyone that is not Ibo..
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by debetmx(m): 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
superstar1: thank God Awolowo was in prison, they-blood thirst and power drunk tribe - would have murdered him too over night. providence protected him for us before Gowon released him. he died in his sleep at a ripe old age. God bless him for us grin grin grin

No they were going to release to make him Prime Minister. They had actually sent a plane to Calabar to effect his release.
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by gurnam: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
On Jan 15th 1966...the Ibo officers were on a murderous rage...killing everybody and everyone that is not Ibo..

Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo and the Yorubas are eternally grateful to the people of Calabar and Gowon for not allowing the murderous Ibos to get near him that night..
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by 4Wilywily: 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
T8ksy:

T8Ksy, You and your Yoruba people should be grateful to those coup plotters that saved Yorubas from self destruction.
Remember that Yorubas were crying out loud that they want the so call Yoruba devil (Akintola) dead by all means,.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by superstar1(m): 3:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
debetmx:

No they were going to release to make him Prime Minister. They had actually sent a plane to Calabar to effect his release.

grin grin grin grin

don't mind the jokers.they always think that they are wiser than others. what was Ironsi looking at for 6months, that he could not pronounce Awo as the PM. Ironsi was part and parcel of the coup, he was the major benefactor of it. they actually believed the tales by moonlight story that the sissy ojukwu released the great Sage.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by superstar1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
4Wilywily:
T8Ksy, You and your Yoruba people should be grateful to those coup plotters that saved Yorubas from self destruction.
Remember that Yorubas were crying out loud that they want the so call Yoruba devil (Akintola) dead by all means,.

So, an SOS message was sent to them abi. funny you.
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by 4Wilywily: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
ilugunboy: On Jan 15th 1966...the Ibo officers were on a murderous rage...killing everybody and everyone that is not Ibo..
Yes i like what they did, they killed those that caused the dead of many innocent Yorubas,
See why i like them, immediately those that caused why Yorubas were killing each other were killed, Yorubas stopped lynching each other.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by debetmx(m): 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
superstar1:

grin grin grin grin

don't mind the jokers.they always think that they are wiser than others. what was Ironsi looking at for 6months, that he could not pronounce Awo as the PM. Ironsi was part and parcel of the coup, he was the major benefactor of it. they actually believed the tales by moonlight story that the sissy ojukwu released the great Sage.

I don't believe and/or agree that Ironsi was part of the coup. Like Nnamdi Azikwe I guess he was tipped off not to go home that night after the party in Maimalari's house. biafra revisionists have always said he attended another party after Maimalari's, which party did he attend? Yes he was the major beneficiary of that coup.

If ojukwu released Awolowo, who released Dr. Michael Okpara? The only people that ojukwu released were the January 15, 1966 coupists to enable them prosecute his stu.pid war.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by superstar1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
4Wilywily:
Yes i like what they did, they killed those that caused the dead of many innocent Yorubas,
See why i like them, immediately those that caused why Yorubas were killing each other were killed, Yorubas stopped lynching each other.

who invited them? they had an ulterior motives and which was clearly seen by all except Ibos with coke-bottle glasses that are too blind to see it.
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by 4Wilywily: 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
superstar1:
So, an SOS message was sent to them abi. funny you.
Yes there was an SOS, Yorubas were killing each other inhumanely accusing Akintola for causing their miseries, and wanted him Dead by all means,

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by 4Wilywily: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
superstar1:
who invited them? they had an ulterior motives and which was clearly seen by all except Ibos with coke-bottle glasses that are too blind to see it.
Are you telling me no Yoruba were among the Jan 66 guyz, You people are sooo ungateful

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by superstar1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
4Wilywily:
Yes there was an SOS, Yorubas were killing each other inhumanely accusing Akintola for causing their miseries, and wanted him Dead by all means,

how does wanted him dead at all cost translate to SOS message to igbo coupists?

the tribe that could kill Efunsetan aniwura and Basorun Gaa on their own cannot kill Akintola if they so wish.

it is forever on record that the Ibos killed him and that is the record, that we will continue to read till Xt comes.

Like i said before, thank God that the same God that protected your own leaders, pre-arranged Awos travail and sent to prison to protect him too,. Thank God for that good man, Gowon, that released him. He too might have been killed by the blood thirst vampires.
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by superstar1(m): 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
4Wilywily:
Are you telling me no Yoruba were among the Jan 66 guyz, You people are sooo ungateful

what was the ratio and ranking of the yoruba soldiers. Ratio 8 to 1. Or you want the pdp style that 1 is always greater than 8, so it should be named a yoruba coup or what?
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by gurnam: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
You get time!

Na Willy you dey do back and forth with?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by M17: 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
TribalEAST: dont you get tired? Cant you just accept defeat? You opened a thread to ridicule awolowo but ended up ridiculing ojukwu. Here you are again with one of your handles doing thesame again.

Well, my take. Awolowo left an undying legacy in SW. His free educational policy is one of the reasons the SW has 8 of their universities in NUC's best universities list 2013. His policies are always discussed by seasoned politicians. Policies that made the SW to skyrocket in terms of development and made it the envy of other regions.

Zik left no legacy for nigerians and for the igbos whom he never supported in their senseless approach towards seccession. His mausoleum lies in ruins.

Why you gotta be impersonating with tribaleast moniker ? Nasty sets

Ojukwu is a celebrated CANTANKEROUS COWARD who abandoned his soldiers, women and children in the heat of the war to go cool-off with isi-ewu and chilled palm wine in abidjan with makoosa music in the background.
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by debetmx(m): 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
4Wilywily:

ibos like other more than they like themselves. They died and suffered so that we the Yoruba people could have peace.

ibo Alakuko.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by M17: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
TribalEAST: dont you get tired? Cant you just accept defeat? You opened a thread to ridicule awolowo but ended up ridiculing ojukwu. Here you are again with one of your handles doing thesame again.

Zik left no legacy for nigerians and for the igbos whom he never supported in their senseless approach towards seccession. His mausoleum lies in ruins

impersonation . There is nothing real about you people .
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by ChinoElects1: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Was it not the same awoh who committed suicide?

Chaii! Yorobass does not have any role model..

1 Like

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by debetmx(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
4Wilywily:

I have always told you to stop smoking "IGBO". You will soon run mad like that rabid dog, deludedgull.
Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by musiwa112: 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
this film was audited... the film you are showing was audited by northerners and used by them as propaganda for many years..

western nigeria was no not part of the federation of nigeria when it got self goverment.

western nigeria did not get self government from nigeria , western nigeria got self government from britain... nigeria goverment use to record over voice over video those day.. nigeria government use to record over voice for many years..

nigeria government use to run propaganda and tell dies.

you can check british record, it will show you western nigeria got self government from britain.. not nigeria... the reason is, northern nigeria and eastern nigeria refuse to get self government.. so western nigeria went to the Queen of england alone and got self government and it open embassy around the world. the queen is not dead, she will not lie over it.

nigeria had no premier minister or government before 1960.. each of the protectorate were separate.. and the independent document, i show you tell you so too, shall together, it means they were not together .

western nigeria became independent of britain (british colonies/protectorate) in 1956, this is the correct history.

eastern nigeria followed.

my family member was one of the people that was train in benin republic. to carry out secession. this is how i know. he die many years ago.

if jonathan goodluck is honest, he will tell you so. they were separate. that is why nigeria had a civil war and 1000,000 were killed, because they were separate and the northerners insisted that they most force them to be together. so the north occupied western nigeria. during the civil war. it was agreed, the north should remove its troop. they refuse.,, to send back their troop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6F1NFxaAPw

Re: Awolowo The Secessionist? by superstar1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
Chino.Elects:
Was it not the same awoh who committed suicide?

Chaii! Yorobass does not have any role model..

the sissy ojukwu that led you to unprepared war, that ran away to romp ashewo in abdijan while listening to makossa and eating isi ewu and burukutu while you were dying like chickens is your role model.

or a Zik that has nothing to show has legacy in the east.

Awo, the great Sage is greater than Zik+Ojukwu+Achebe, even in death grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Certificate: Army Spokesperson Ignored Redeployment To Address Press / Why Buhari Always Wear Black When Traveling Outside Nigeria / ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.