Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? (73977 Views)

Which E-commerce Company Deliver Faster -SWIFTHA, KONGA Or JUMIA / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Cashmoney20009(m): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
Bought a samsung dual power bank for 13k....
Spoilt the next day...waited for 3weeks for a replacement to be told its out of stock. ...now have been waiting 1 week for a refunded...

Their customer care is the most annoying part. ..
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Adwexky(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jumia is more reliable. Konga shipments could take a week, That 1-3 days on their website is just another scam
I had a very terrible experience with Konga, their customer care agents are just plain rude.

Are they better now?

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hello guys i missed a konga delivery today. i was away when the guy came but he didnt call me before commling. Shouldnt he have called before coming ? What should I do ?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by jaz(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
i have bought lots of stuff from Jumia from clothes to electronics etc with no issues. they are also very responsive and polite. no issues at all
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by HandGlove: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2015
Real eye opener here. Wish I read all these earlier. Have an issue with Konga right now. . Ordered a samsung Note 4 for 136K which developed software issues same day of delivery. After countless calls they contacted me to return the defective item. Have since returned the item and they promise a replacement or refund in 10 working days. Its has not been a nice experience at all. If they don't deliver will post my full experience on this forum including pics, videos and voice call recordings. At least let others be warned and take caution shopping with konga.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by mashnino(m): 1:18am On Jan 07, 2015
Both konga and jumia are birds of same feather... i use to be a konga fan boy before...but now i despise them...i am so shifting to amazon kpata kpata 10 days my stuff don arrive.. than to follow some clueless piece of crab CC to talk...

2 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by docchuks(m): 7:30am On Jan 28, 2015
I believe konga is more reliable.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Abbycrown(f): 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
I think Konga is better than Jumia, from experience with each of them.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by martin1985(m): 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
Jumia to me is a win win
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by tonytony208(m): 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
mashnino:
Both konga and jumia are birds of same feather... i use to be a konga fan boy before...but now i despise them...i am so shifting to amazon kpata kpata 10 days my stuff don arrive.. than to follow some clueless piece of crab CC to talk...

but amazon is located in UK and MyUS is located in US. Can that affect shipping cost and delivery period?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Kellygold(f): 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
I have used both Jumia and Konga.
Stuff are cheaper on Konga. But
* Konga delivers late
* login to checkout always have issues
* they do not reply live chats
* do not reply mails promptly
* and they will not call.
Am not surprised because same people run Dealdey which is also gives crappy services. Just check the reviews on Dealday facebook to confirm.

Jumia calls at close interval to confirm items and a preferred delivery date can be discussed too, they are more professional than Konga by far.
My issues with Jumia are;
* obviously more expensive items
* if you ordered multiple items, they deliver them one by one on different days. And when you pay cash, there always no change (increasing the cost of each item).
* and no POS or faulty POS to pay with card

Both are trying as online business is not easy especially working with merchants. However, they need to improve.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Capitano1(m): 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
Rome was not built in a day it will be fine with time my brothers though we are slow lol
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Jojolizo: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
I just dy laff as I see some complains here. So konga sent you broken, defective goods n after complaints they put you on hold indefinitely. No replacement of the chattel, no refund and you lock up. Una no get any friend wey be Lawyer? Forget their terms and conditions o, the law will strike anyone wey no mke sense. wen sue finish, you'll recover damages worth even more than what you spent in ordering n even legal fees sef.
But Nigerians no wan wise up.

Anyway, I can't wait to finish sha. All these companies wey dey do anyhow go hear am hot. angry

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Tobmanjfk(m): 11:12pm On May 19, 2015
Hi, NairaLanders. just to clear up the air about online shopping in Nigeria, Konga so far is just about a couple of years old and delivers great prices the sell quality house wares and kitchen ware that comes with freebies, i have been an exceptional user of konga especially and the customer service is a little tacky. and the price slash applies to those who have fast fingers to order on quickly, right now they are doing free shipping no need to pay 500 Naira check it out http:///1xg95St
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Catalyst007(m): 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
Come on people, there will always be 1 or 2 shortcomings but Konga is still the best. They've received awards for the most responsive Customer care.
If you doubt me, call their number : While still dialing, you'll receive a response. A good and reliable customer care means, every problem that arises can be solved.
Those complaining have not tried calling them.
ALSO

WORK FROM HOME AND MAKE MONEY THROUGH KONGA'S AFFILIATE PROGRAM...

click here : http://onlineshopping-productreviews..com/2015/04/program-everything-you-need-to-know-in.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by nga2020: 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
From personal experience, both are almost the same but Jumai behaves like frauds, they make u believe they are in charge of the items in their store which are so expensive but most of their items are so fake and substandard expecially their phones and fashion items while in konga, u have the option of purchasing from outside merchants apart from konga so u wud know to be careful and they also reply to returns speedily. I would rate konga 4 and jumia 1.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by xplicit01(f): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2015
Same product from same Merchant: N1500 on Jumia and N1800 on Konga! Shipping fee N2500 on Jumia, N1000 on Konga,... I reside in Bayelsa! #watchingJumiain3D

2 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by aamstih: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hello guys, can someone be kind enough to educate me on how Konga's deal of the day works. Thank you.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Ikenah: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
Why are products on jumia more expensive compared to products on jumia, i just discovered that a hp laptop that goes for 161k on jumia cost 135k on konga, why is dis so?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by babytejiri(m): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
I will tell you that Konga is the best any day and anytime. I'M AN AFFILIATE OF KONGA.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by zinaunreal(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2016
You people have put fear in my body o. ordered a netbook from Konga recently sha na pay on delivery. Would update you on my predicament coz nothing fear me pass defective product I've tracked my order and it states that it just arrived port harcourt today. Serious prayers might even hire prayer warriors
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by bush4ker(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2016
xplicit01:
Same product from same Merchant: N1500 on Jumia and N1800 on Konga!
Shipping fee N2500 on Jumia, N1000 on Konga,... I reside in Bayelsa!
#watchingJumiain3D
lool
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by guass(m): 5:40am On Apr 16, 2016
Konga has no equal in Nigeria. My transactions with Konga so far have been incredibly wonderful. If u are not with Konga then u are missing.
I really wonder why some are complaining.
The best way to buy online goods is pay on delivery.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by docchuks(m): 9:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
Konga is reliable most times.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Preator: 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2017
this is 2017 and both have come a long way in customer satisfaction. but there are still room for improvement

delivery:
1. you order three memory cards from the same seller
jumia: 3x N1100 delivery charge
konga: N1250

2.you order three memory cards from the different seller but in the same order.
both: 3x the delivery rate

3. you order heavy items(fridges, washing machines etc)
jumia: N8200
konga: N 2750

4. defective item refund
jumia: super fast( they forego returning small priced items yet still refund within 3days)
konga: a bit slow

speed of delivery: konga has an edge here but just slightly

pricing: goods on jumia tends to be cheaper this days and the delivery charge per item is better
jumia(1100) small items
konga(1250) small items

shopping experience:
Konga
filtering on konga is just pathetic. if you search for "blender" it will also add all manners of clothing, powder, and unrelated items. if you select "filter" you will see screen size, ram, and all sort of on the page. it is just pathetic and a major turnoff for me

jumia
the shopping experienced is far better and filtering is mostly OK.

rate of defective product.
from personal experience, its higher on jumia than konga. however, the refund process on jumia is also far better.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.