Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? (73978 Views)

Which E-commerce Company Deliver Faster -SWIFTHA, KONGA Or JUMIA / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
ifyalways: Gboliwe,how far? Lol

Voltron,some of the points you listed is worthy of note. The delay in shipping is amazing. I still have things that I paid for with my e-wallet yet to be delivered,its 6 days now but guess what? I ordered a shoe on friday night,used pay on delivery option and it was delivered on saturday(next day). The bigger shocker- I ordered for a phone last night,used pay on delivery option,then ordered a dress and paid with my e-wallet. they just called to say they want to deliver the phone while the things I paid upfront with e-wallet is still "under warehouse process". I told the courier guy to go to HELL.

voltron:

Let us hope that they give you original goods, my Angel by Theirry Mugler is suspect.. had to give it out. that is the last time i shop online in Nigeria shops.

1: No Assurance you are getting Original (Non-Refurbished) goods
2: Unbelievably Long Delays in Delivery
3: Inaccurate inventory of items available for purchase
4: Poor feedback and follow-up from Customer Service online and offline

Lessons learned "You get what you pay for"

I have declared a 3day fasting. Fruit fasting tongue I will eat only fruits no semo, no eba smiley I hope that before the 3day, Konga will deliver my order. Make una join me. wink
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
Today is tuesday, Konga says they havent seen my returned parcel, DHL says they delivered said parcel yesterday, DHL website says 'forward delivery' technically it means not delivered.

Story wants to enter into my deal but. . . . .God forbid!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Laeroy(f): 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dear Shop Konga, This is the 3rd week I placed an order on ur site, u called me and told me the item I ordered during yakata sales was out of stock, i asked for a refund and U promised to send it to my F.C.M.B account.....I reminded u of the refund but rather u sent it to my account wallet.sorry I didn't ask u to refund it to my wallet as i do not intend to make any future purchase from u..Konga please I do need the money for christmas, do send it to First City Monument Bank....Acct Number : 2157233011....Thanks in anticipation...
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
Waiting for the order i placed and paid for since 10th december undecided
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by cupid4ig(m): 12:15am On Dec 18, 2013
Well it took konga 15days to deliver the tab I ordered on the 29th of November. I wanted to try jumia to compare but unfortunately jumia said pay on delivery is not available in my area wish is anambra. So now I order with konga again on monday morning around 1am then msged me yesterday Tuesday telling me my order has bn shipped. Let me see how long this one will take. I ordered for a phone.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sometimes, the courier service should be held responsible. Why employ folks who its clear do not want to work? I sent in my stuff on thursday the 12th, and was assured it would be delivered before close of business on friday the 13th. I was in shock when Konga sent me a mail that they hadnt seen the parcel. I called dhl Lagos and this very incompetent representative told me it was already delivered that their tracking website hadnt been updated due to network issues. I couldnt argue with him. That was yesterday. Today, I called DHL Lagos again, the rep. today sounded professional and told me she would personally see to it being delivered. she confirmed my fears that my parcel has been lying in their office since 13th december and today is 18th! angry angry angry angry I was in shock.

I went to their Uyo office and spoke with the manager who assured me it would be sent in today.

Finally, Konga has my parcel. Let me see how many more days they will have it before I get it back.

For me, DHL is not it. Lai lai will I use them for anything.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
Its 8 days now and I'm in Lagos yet to get an order I placed and paid for using my e-wallet since 10th

Konga sends me auto email daily now for the past 3days to say my order has been shipped and that's it. Order has been shipped since 7 days now? I even called and BEGGED them to let me come pick my order myself at the VI pick up center but they insisted I'll get it the soon. I called them today and the customer care rep told me that my order is now with UPS and they can't do nothing about that. Imagine ! Did I do business with UPS? They gave me a UPS tracking no and I tried tracking online and got an "invalid tracking no" as response. I called UPS and ofcourse they can't help me cos I've got an invalid tracking no. I just called konga's customer care and one stupid chioma picked and hung up on me.
So I am seated here and wondering what evil spirit that took me to konga.com in the first place.I have never been this frustrated. angry Haaa, you buy online because you don't want stress but Konga will FEED you with stress and insolence from their staff .

@Topic,So,I ordered and bought dresses from Jumai for the very first time and I must say,I'm impressed with the quality! 4 stars on quality to Jumai and as usual(from personal experience),prompt delivery. Order was placed on sunday night,delivered today. Cool.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Its very possible their choice of courier delivery is at fault again. My present predicament absolves them of 60% blame.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gboliwe: Its very possible their choice of courier delivery is at fault again. My present predicament absolves them of 60% blame.

In my case,I'm in lekki lagos. So here's the deal:
When I use pay on delivery option, Konga delivers with their own courier promptly. I've had 2 deliveries this week for orders I placed on friday and saturday nights respectively but those orders were PAY ON DELIVERY.

Then an order I placed since 10th,paid with my wallet is sent through UPS. Who does that and why? Is that not a deliberate wickedness aimed at punishing and frustrating the client? I bet if I didn't pay for that order,they would have sent it since.

Truth is for anyone's sanity : NEVER PAY KONGA UPFRONT. You will so regret. They don't reply my mails,calling is useless,same story "we understand how you feel,please be patient" .
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by cupid4ig(m): 12:31am On Dec 19, 2013
Like I said b4 I ordered for a phone again from konga on monday morning after it took them 2 weeks to deliver the tab I ordered on the 29th of November. But today I got a call from ups telling me my package is ready for pickup that should go pay in the bank and then bring the teller to their office that cant collect the money from me cos its big. So I got a phone I ordered on monday on Wednesday in anambra I am really really impressed. Wanted to use jumia but the response I got was pay on delivery ia not available in my location ao I have to try konga again and seriously they didnt fail.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
Konga pay on delivery option is OK. They'll do everything to get hold of your money,prompt delivery inclusive.

I ordered a phone,shoe and dresses on friday and saturday nights respectively from konga using pay on delivery option and shoe was delivered on saturday,phone and dresses on monday. Swiftly !

I ordered a handbag,top and dress since 10th december,PAID upfront with my e-wallet and today is what 19th right? I have not seen my stuff. That's my Konga story

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
In a strange way, I like the stories I am reading especially from you, Ifyalways. It is encouraging me that they didnt just pick me to test run a session on frustrating customers smiley
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
Gboliwe: In a strange way, I like the stories I am reading especially from you, Ifyalways. It is encouraging me that they didnt just pick me to test run a session on frustrating customers smiley

Naa.. she i sjust more graceful in accepting that things are what they are.. I am not as patient but you are stretching your patience too far.. it can cause High Blood Pressure y'know
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
This attitude of theirs may turn out profitable to me. I may have to buy that SUV i've been eyeing sooner. wink
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
I can't believe as sharp as I am, I fall mugu yakata for Konga cheesy I don call tire,send email tire, no way.

I initially refused accepting delivery of my shoes on saturday(pay on delivery) and insisted that until they deliver my earlier order that I already paid for with my wallet,I won't accept any of my pay on delivery order.
ifeanyi Abraham of Konga gave me his word on Saturday that I would receive this order by tuesday and sweet talked me into accepting the shoes. Today is thursday and gone, ifeanyi haven't replied my email.

I don fall yakata. LOL

^ ^ dis shyte aint funny oh

2 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by cupid4ig(m): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
ifyalways: I can't believe as sharp as I am, I fall mugu yakata for Konga cheesy I don call tire,send email tire, no way.

I initially refused accepting delivery of my shoes on saturday(pay on delivery) and insisted that until they deliver my earlier order that I already paid for with my wallet,I won't accept any of my pay on delivery order.
ifeanyi Abraham of Konga gave me his word on Saturday that I would receive this order by tuesday and sweet talked me into accepting the shoes. Today is thursday and gone, ifeanyi haven't replied my email.

I don fall yakata. LOL

^ ^ dis shyte aint funny oh
cheesy cheesy cheesy sorry dear
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
grin
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sadeeeeeeq: 6:25am On Dec 20, 2013
Thank GOD, I got my Samsung Note delivered atlast on Tuesday,after 3weeks of madt follow up.bye bye to online tinz.it was a badt nightmare/experience.customer service rating 0.5 over 10
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sadeeeeeeq: 6:27am On Dec 20, 2013
Have said dis b4 and still standing on it.dey are birds of same feather.dere are full of empty promise/ fail.ifeanyin ko, iffy ni
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sademola: 6:30am On Dec 20, 2013
Is like asking me which is better btw APC and PDP
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sadeeeeeeq: 6:40am On Dec 20, 2013
B4 i forget, let me tell u guyz wat prompt me into transacting with Konga.when it comes to cheap tinz.konga na BOMB,I mean whaoooo.i benefited my samsung note dat cost 80k at any store with less dan 50% cost price.let be Good story be spread also.delivery might be delayed one way or d other bt since na cheapayyyy.No regret
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by shevon: 9:28am On Dec 20, 2013
I think I know the way out (for those who are yet to place orders o)
Place orders and choose to pay on delivery, they will promptly ship as to collect the cash. If you pay while placing the order, you will grow old before they deliver (this is especially true for Konga 80% of the time)
The basis of my analysis?
I placed 3 orders on Dec. 2, 5 and 11th and paid for the orders I placed on 2nd and 5th but that of the 11th was to be paid on delivery. The 2nd and 5th orders are still "under warehouse processing" and the 11th order was delivered on the 16th.
Meanwhile, I've called severally to ask for the other ones that are yet to be deliver and the responses have varied from "your orders are with tranex" to the order being cancelled and reordered without my consent. I also sent two emails and made several calls to beg for the items to be sent to their Isaac John collection center as I am tired of waiting (since I have left PHC for Lagos) and I was assured by all the reps I spoke with that it will be done only to be called yesterday that the item has been sent to PHC.
So, my people, if you want to patronize these online scammers without being scammed, order to pay on delivery and it will be done pronto!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 10:34am On Dec 20, 2013
^ ^ correct. The bag(one of the items I ordered and paid for) was supposed to be a gift to my mom who came for RCCG camp. Now,she's come,over stayed and gone yet I'm yet to see the order.
I've written on konga FBK wall that I want a refund and they said 5 to 7 working days. A friend of mine works with UPS and I've called her also to see if she can locate the parcel using my home address. . . Assuming Konga actually sent it cos the tracking no they gave me is invalid.

I'll update everyone. 20th december. Ten days of wait,countless emails and calls.
She says she'll ring me back.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 11:04am On Dec 20, 2013
Nna, na to keep a diary here of our Konga activities.
I sent a mail to their help line yesterday, no reply. I have sent another one today, no reply yet.

I called their hotline and Linda the Rep I spoke with said she would get back to me. I am still waiting.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Laeroy(f): 11:50am On Dec 20, 2013
Help me praise God Nairalanders....Konga has refunded my money to me after 3 weeks of waiting
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 11:57am On Dec 20, 2013
Laeroy: Help me praise God Nairalanders....Konga has refunded my money to me after 3 weeks of waiting
grin grin congrats.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
Uhm. Hmmmn

My UPS friend was able to track my order and its been lying there since 12th december. Konga obviously didn't care because its been paid for. She facilitated the dispatching and I've received it.

Quality :
I bought an atmosphere snake skin hand bag @ 10K but what I got was nothing but proper Aba made "atmosphere" bag. The type they sell 4K max @ lagos island. Coral dress was nothing like advertised on their website ,looks worn and threadbare. Only the top is manageable.

I've got a few thousands left on my e-wallet and loyalty points and once I use all that up, its GOODBYE to konga.

PS: I attached the snake skin bag.

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
grin grin grin
We don fall Yakata for real.
Tomorrow is another day.

I called Konga and this time Blessing picked. She told she has forwarded Godknowswhat and that it would be dispatched tomorrow so she's hopeful I would get in Mon/Tues. So, I should remain in a foreign land and wait for my package before I go see my family? Mbok
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 3:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
Imagine the nonsense bag I bought for ten thousand. It was squeezed,folded and warped in a transparent nylon. Even idumota peeps will put their bags in a tote or jute protective bag.

There are loose threads ,all visible by the sides. Na so. End of year yakata konga scam.
Lesson learnt bitterly.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by blank(f): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
@Ify, i almost bought a bag from them and was considering doing it next year when i have recovered from Christmas. Meen, what i am seeing is a sorry excuse for a bag worth 10k. Did you say that the clothes you bought from Jumia were good quality? I am so scared to use Jumia after their last disappointment. But i really need to shop and don't have the opportunity to do it physically.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
Poor U @ifyalways. Seriously, these SA guys are stretching their limits.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by shevon: 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
My agidi Ömö Ibo has finally paid off with Konga o. Went to their ikeja pick up center and insisted they give my phone or else they give my money. I eventually had to go to their warehouse to collect my item after 18days!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.