Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? (74038 Views)

Which E-commerce Company Deliver Faster -SWIFTHA, KONGA Or JUMIA / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dnt use Jumia. Bt Konga is ok.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Konga is cheaper nd more reliable by my experiences, they deliver mostly d same day order is made.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by SWG1: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
I can't believe 61 guest are viewing this thread now. Serious bad business for them. For me? i change my mind...appreciating the legs God gave me.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ikpeamngozi: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
Is it konga or jumia pls
Gboliwe: I complained about the defective goods they sent to me. All the orders I made had individual defection. One Ruby Chuku who replied my mail where I politely made my complaint said they would get back to me. They never did. I am still cursing them, managing the ones I can manage and throwing away the one I can't. One thing is certain, they need to upgrade!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by topcube(m): 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
web2: BOTH OF THEM ARE SCAM

I've been looking for the office of Jumia, but it's no where to be found, even on their site you won't find their shop address

I paid for something from konga for the past 3 weeks, but it's yet to be delivered

They are both thieves....

Bros, as much as I do not know much about this people, I will not condemn them yet, they just started out and I think they are still sampling, but, I've worked in Island before, the address of Jumia.com is Address : 15 ,Wole Olateju Street, Lekki Estate, Phase 1, Eti Osa, Lagos. If you don't see it on their site, it may be that U're using the mobile view or they just intended not to display it, but, they are live and available at the said address above. Do call Konga.com and complain or treat to report them to Nigeria Consumer Protection Agency of Nigeria (CPAN), they will turn up quickly.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
Konga.. Bad Customer Service
Blackteeth: I won't be surprised if konga and Jumia pay a 50 man laptop crew to post on this thread cos the outcome of this thread can be bad business for either Konga or Jumia. lol

If they had 50 men to man their customer service and trained them to tell the truth like they are supposed to, we won't be here discussing their shiite in public.

1: They put up stuff on their inventory with discounts, when you order, they tell you it is out of stock but it is still displayed on their site
2: They take up to 5 days to tell you it is out of stock.
3: They say they will get back to you but you are the one who gets back to them to ask, Why, How Far, When?

4 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ADEBOSUN(m): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
My experience with Konga has left me wondering........ I made an order using my ATM and was debited immediately. 3day later, they sent me a mail that interswitch declined the transaction after my money was removed.....
I've sent them several mails and called severally, they still haven't resolved the matter or given me a satisfactory explanation or response!

I don't think they are serious about doing business....cos most people are skeptical about online transactions in Nigeria, the last thing they need is fueling that skepticism with bad service and response!

2 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by winteriscoming: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
Jumia; ordered digital camera and TV from them a while back. Konga disappointed me during their yakata sale. Certainly not using it again.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
Part 2

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
Part 3 - Still no order, waiting and hoping they deliver..

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by tucee31: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Gboliwe: I complained about the defective goods they sent to me. All the orders I made had individual defection. One Ruby Chuku who replied my mail where I politely made my complaint said they would get back to me. They never did. I am still cursing them, managing the ones I can manage and throwing away the one I can't. One thing is certain, they need to upgrade!

Who are the "they's" and "them's"?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by iyatrustee(f): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
BrandKing: Different strokes for different folks.
As for me, I am currently still having a terrible experience with konga (using them for the very first time.
I think Nigerian businesses have a really long way to go in customer satisfaction.

Made some purchases dat week of their black friday sale. Still waiting to recieve my stuff. I prefer jumia a thousand times!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Konnektions146(m): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
have used Konga a couple of times and dey tried but recently ordered some items since 26th november and dey couldnt deliver and had to get them from de d=street and they just called to deliver.

funny how dey were turned back.

Jumia is very well more expensive than Konga but konga need to beef up thier logistics strategies
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by tucee31: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
ADEBOSUN: My experience with Konga has left me wondering........ I made an order using my ATM and was debited immediately. 3day later, they sent me a mail that interswitch declined the transaction after my money was removed.....
I've sent them several mails and called severally, they still haven't resolved the matter or given me a satisfactory explanation or response!

I don't think they are serious about doing business....cos most people are skeptical about online transactions in Nigeria, the last thing they need is fueling that skepticism with bad service and response!

To get ur money back, go to ur bank and fill a dispute resolution form. Ur bank will get ur money back for u.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
ifyalways: Konga especially since their yakata scam think they are doing you a favour. They give excuses ranging from "out of stock" to not "saying or doing anything" when you place an order.
My exact same experience with Konga.
So unprofessional.
Had to cancel an order I made after no one was willing or able to tell me the status of an order I placed 11 days earlier.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
JUMIA
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by saymax(f): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
On three occasions i ordered 4 items frm Jumia, their response was satisfactory wit items in good shape. Haven't tried konga yet.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
saymax: On three occasions i ordered 4 items frm Jumia, their response was satisfactory wit items in good shape. Haven't tried konga yet.
I beg u in d name of allah,.... konga is thw biggest scam ever liveth..... if u have money and time to waste, then go with konga... if not, better buy akara with that money

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sadeeeeeeq: 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
I paid for a product worth 40k with konga since 29 Novemba,yesteday was suppose to be d 5th day due date for delivery.i promise to go any length to get back my money if dey fail to deliver my stuff 2moro which is monday.for now i keep my leg crossed.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by vislabraye(m): 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
This thread cud affect their business. Fact is that many indigenous companies have poor customer service or consistency. When they start making money, they begin to misbehave !
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
Once again Jumia tongue
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
ifyalways: Once again Jumia tongue

Sorry bro. But konga owns deal dey.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by babsomotde(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
I have not order but I think things are less on Konga compared to Jumia. Well, if I am to choose, I will go for Konga.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by blank(f): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
Neither of them. However, i prefer Konga to Jumia. Almost every thing i bought from Jumia had to be returned. I bought a dvd and a book for the first time in 2011 as a father's day gift. It arrived 2 months after the said date. I was angry and refused to use them again. I changed my mind in 2012 and ordered a toaster. I had to return it as the lights fell out immediately i opened the box. I got a replacement 1 week later and it spoilt in 2 weeks time. Went out and bought another one and other such things.

My recent experience with them was for a pair of shoes. Had a wedding to attend and no time to go to the shops. I made sure i ordered one month in advance just in case and that was my saving grace. They sent an sms after 3 days that my items were ready. I was so delighted. I decided to track my order online only to see that the shoes had been cancelled and no one called to inform me (pay on delivery). The next day, the dispatch called that he was ready to deliver my package. This seemed fraudulent to me because no one had informed me that part of my order was cancelled, what if my girl at home had just given them the full money since that was the message i left. I sent an email and they replied with other shoes that i might like. That was the last straw for me.

I prefer Dealdey and Taafoo dot com.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by anitank(f): 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
I would say jumia....atleast my colleagues use them all the time and they deliver in time. But here is the trick, the more expensive the things you order for are, the quicker the delivery will be. My colleague placed orders on items worth over 30k sometime in October, she was surprised when they came to our office 2hours later with those items. She really didn't see that coming grin

As for me, I don't do online shopping. I love seeing, feeling, inspecting, fitting (if need be) before paying. With online shopping, u will be forced to pay for those items once they come to deliver them even when u're not sure if u like them

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by blank(f): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
My issue with Konga is that it took them 1 week to tell me one item was out of stock and a week and a half to deliver my other items thus 2 weeks and a half in total. However, i have not had cause to return any item as they were all on point. Why can't they be like Dealdey that have perfected their logistics? and they say they are sister companies.

Taafoo is great just that they have lots of knock-offs but they also have the originals and their delivery is 2 days max.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sadeeeeeeq: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dis pple should step up dere game.we ain't fool.konga in particular. I need my product pleaseeeeeee.your payment have been verified, we will call u shortly.dats d crab I get when I call dem.am beginning to feel am being scam
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
blank: My issue with Konga is that it took them 1 week to tell me one item was out of stock and a week and a half to deliver my other items thus 2 weeks and a half in total. However, i have not had cause to return any item as they were all on point. Why can't they be like Dealdey that have perfected their logistics? and they say they are sister companies.

Taafoo is great just that they have lots of knock-offs but they also have the originals and their delivery is 2 days max.
Taafoo is the King of Fake Hawes & Curtis Shirts.. no one beats them there... lol
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by akintun: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
Logistic in Nigeria is very difficult , and I think dat dey did not plan their internal software well. I spoke recently with a customer care rep from Konga, and I was disappointed with her lack of knowledge of what I had just purchased. My goods have not still arrived after about 2.5 weeks, but I will still use them.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by jelel6: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
interestingly absorbing read. However, from what i can deduce from you guys experiences with online shopping, most of you would probably still persist with it. Despite your bad experience with this online stores. My question is: do this online stores offer goods for a cheaper price than the normal conventional retail outlets or stores out there? And pls forgive my naivety. Just curious to know.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
None.

I dare not swipe my debit or credit cards on such sites cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by J0nyb0y(m): 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
i just wanted to place an order worth 30k 2day on konga.. Una don discourage me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer / Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.