Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,972 members, 7,952,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? (74899 Views)

Which E-commerce Company Deliver Faster -SWIFTHA, KONGA Or JUMIA / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by drmikeadams(m): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
i place order with jumia on 17th..i still dey hope ..though na pay on delivery...lol.....
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
dr_mike_adams: i place order with jumia on 17th..i still dey hope ..though na pay on delivery...lol.....

that is the way to go.. i also tried Jumia once more to be sure they were not infected with the disease of Konga.. it is 3 days now. if by the 6th day they do not deliver.. i will simply send them back when they do
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2013
blank: @Ify, i almost bought a bag from them and was considering doing it next year when i have recovered from Christmas. Meen, what i am seeing is a sorry excuse for a bag worth 10k. Did you say that the clothes you bought from Jumia were good quality? I am so scared to use Jumia after their last disappointment. Bought i really need to shop and don't have the opportunity to do it physically.
Yes, the clothes from Jumia are of better quality. If I post the clothes I bought from Konga here, y'all will laugh at me seriously.
They are WORST than made in Aba. Its so bad that I cannot even "give it out" to anyone and ofcourse,I can't wear it. No label,cut-and-sew.

My verdict: women fashion(dress,bags,tops) etc use Jumia. Konga shoes(I've bought twice) are OK though.

A lil'bird told me Konga staff run things codedly. They go to the mkt,get cheap,fake replicas of their stuff then smuggle it in. You place an order, they keep the original(konga stuff) then send you the replica. I won't be surprised if its true.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2013
A quick one- I bought a DVD for my security from Konga 2 weeks or so ago. I wasn't at home when it was delivered, came back and voila,the remote control was not working.
I sent emails/called and that was how I got to know ifeanyi Abraham of Konga.

Konga came for the remote,returned it after 5 days and the remote STILL didn't work. I just didn't have the energy for plenty talk anymore so I went and bought second hand remote.

My konga story!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Anyone else noticed the by force shipping and handling charges(metro shipping services) konga has imposed on shoppers? Infact i have paid it before N500(twice actually) and when i complained to the Customer care,she claimed i clicked on that option.

Today,I decided to try using a part of my remaining money there and was again,being forced to part with N500 for shipping. There is no button with which to unclick and definitely,I did not chose that Metro service Option.

So,is Konga now charging for shipment within Lagos? If yes why are they claiming they do free shipment within lagos?

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
ifyalways:
Yes, the clothes from Jumia are of better quality. If I post the clothes I bought from Konga here, y'all will laugh at me seriously.
They are WORST than made in Aba. Its so bad that I cannot even "give it out" to anyone and ofcourse,I can't wear it. No label,cut-and-sew.

My verdict: women fashion(dress,bags,tops) etc use Jumia. Konga shoes(I've bought twice) are OK though.

A lil'bird told me Konga staff run things codedly. They go to the mkt,get cheap,fake replicas of their stuff then smuggle it in. You place an order, they keep the original(konga stuff) then send you the replica. I won't be surprised if its true.
Abasi Mbong! How did I miss this?

God in heaven! This is how business fail in my country! What wickedness!

Kai! We are our own worst enemy. After we quarel with government. Chei!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
@ifyalways, maybe you shouldn't make those orders now. Let this Yuletide period pass. I think their hands are full. Besides, they have said that orders after 18th decembr will be greatly delayed. So, try them in January when their eyes are clear
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 23, 2013
I don't think Nigerian entrepreneurs are ready to do business by global standards. Especially small businesses like jumia and Konga. I will stick with Amazon. With corporate messengers, I get my stuff within 10 days and that is from the US. Konga takes far more than 10 days and goods are not 100% og. No time to waste with time wasters. @gboliwe @Ify. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2013
voltron: I don't think Nigerian entrepreneurs are ready to do business by global standards. Especially small businesses like jumia and Konga. I will stick with Amazon. With corporate messengers, I get my stuff within 10 days and that is from the US. Konga takes far more than 10 days and goods are not 100% og. No time to waste with time wasters. @gboliwe @Ify. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Just called Jumia and they tell me it my orders will be delivered within the 1st or 2nd week of January 2014.. can you beat that?! these ba@#ta@#ds don't know the meaning of responsive and agile business. i shall be picking up an order I made from H&C UK same day I made the order on Jumia.. they cannot deliver within Lagos unless I wait for 3 weeks.. how did our expectations for Good Service fall this low.. these guys have taken Nigerians for F00ls and we continue to patronize their mediocrity with our hard-earned cash and critical time.. I swear this is the last time I ever visit any Nigerian online store.. Service and Business is not what they are here for, they are just like the Alaba brick n mortar, sell anything and people will buy, they have no choice - that is the Mantra this buzzards live by.. angry
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
I got a call from Konga. Said they've verified my returned item and they would replace it. Gave me a new order number and promised to send it over after boxing day.
I am still waiting.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by blank(f): 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Voltron, how do u order from Amazon and they deliver to you in Nigeria?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ayo84(m): 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
Have you ever tried buying hampers online.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
blank: @Voltron, how do u order from Amazon and they deliver to you in Nigeria?

Step 1: Get your GTBank MasterCard Activated with SecureCode to shop online (you can use other bank debit cards, i think they all work the same way)
Step 2: Register a US Address - this is the Forwarding Address your Goods from Amazon get shipped to (Sometimes, Shipping from Amazon is free)
Step 3: Register an Account on MyUS.com to get a Valid US Address to use as your Shipping Address when Checking out
Step 4: Shop on Amazon - try to buy stuff that are not very heavy in weight.. i buy mostly fashion items (wrist watches, bags, jewellery, Cameras, and Kids toys and Educational stuff)
Step 5: Have it re-packaged at MyUS.com to get lower Shipping rates - they ship to you in a anywhere from 5-10 days

I recently started using Corporate Messengers Limited, they very professional, especially with telling you where exactly in the world your goods are and when to expect delivery.

Hawes & Curtis ship to Nigeria straight-away. been tracking items on sale and getting good bargains, no fake Aba-made clothes or shoes either.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by drmikeadams(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
up jumia..they just delivered my goods today....suprisingly.......its best with pay on delivery.....e no reach 7 days sef,,,,
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ifyalways(f): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2013
@voltron, same to you! Happy holidays all.

Thanks for that amazon post @ Voltron. I will be trying that next year.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Merry Christmas my dears! My fruit fasting has yielded positively. UPS called me that they were at my Uyo address to deliver my stuff. I told them I am not in town.
Follow me and thank God for making it happen. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by blank(f): 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
@ Voltron,

Do you use the same US address you registered on Myus dot com for the corporate messengers limited?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2014
blank: @ Voltron,

Do you use the same US address you registered on Myus dot com for the corporate messengers limited?

No I don't, i have a small fragrances and jewellery business i used myUS.com for that then I use corporate messengers for heavy stuff i buy for other people
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by blank(f): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
voltron:

No I don't, i have a small fragrances and jewellery business i used myUS.com for that then I use corporate messengers for heavy stuff i buy for other people

Pls can you tell me more? Want to make some heavy purchases for myself. Thanks.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
blank:

Pls can you tell me more? Want to make some heavy purchases for myself. Thanks.

That is simple.. call em at http://www.corporatemessengers.com/index.php/contact/africa-and-middle-east/ they will answer all your questions..

Get a MasterCard (Debit or Credit) registered with SecureCode and online shops you want to shop from.. type of goods and they will handle re-shipping for you and rates as well
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
So, I was at UPS office today and claimed my parcel! To God be the glory. This one looks a lot better than the defective rubbish they gave me before.

I am thinking of making another order wink

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Laeroy(f): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2014
Gboliwe: So, I was at UPS office today and claimed my parcel! To God be the glory. This one looks a lot better than the defective rubbish they gave me before.

I am thinking of making another order wink

Please do but make use of the pay on delivery option
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
Laeroy:

Please do but make use of the pay on delivery option
Unfortunately, its not available in my state of residence. I will make another order by God's grace. And to the OP's question, I'll take Konga over and against Jumia anytime. They are more reliable
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by JeffGuo(m): 7:39am On Jul 18, 2014
I now opened stores on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, but all these sophisticated online markets are full of competition, so i am very interested with jumia and konga, I want to open stores on both of the platforms. But I don't know as I am a chinese lives in china, can I do that?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by isaactolu: 10:20am On Jul 18, 2014
JeffGuo: I now opened stores on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, but all these sophisticated online markets are full of competition, so i am very interested with jumia and konga, I want to open stores on both of the platforms. But I don't know as I am a chinese lives in china, can I do that?
Goto kongaHQ site to register as a seller, also register with kaymu.com
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by temizeee(m): 2:08am On Jul 29, 2014
ADUNOKIKI: To me both are the same, because I had experience with both, just that one is more bitter.
When I wanted to buy my blackberry Q5 I order from Konga, but choose an option of pay on delivery, the next day the customer care officer called me and I was happy when he said I am calling from Konga I thought he is outside my house with the goods, initially I have received a confirmation email from them for the order. Only to tell me it's out of stock, I was annoyed and told him to cancel the order.
The next day I went to slot limited in computer village to buy the phone even for a lesser price. While at Slot, I received a call I am calling from Konga "we are in your area now to deliver the phone". I told him it's too late. But I ask my self where the phone arrived at Konga from in less than a day after they said they are out of stock a night before. The good thing is that it's pay on delivery, my money isn't stuck and I can bluff.
As for Jumai, another sad tale else they prove me wrong today. I ordered for Digital camera I paid online on the 29th November as I write I am yet to receive the product O, and today is the eight working day(11th nov). When I receive the product I will post it here, that's if I even receive it cos I am loosing faith. But I noticed something in jumai- if you see a good worth 2naira after some minute if you refresh the web page, the price will change to 6 naira. I noticed that during the black Friday stuff. They may even say out of stock. Out of stock when the owner hasn't received his or her good. The two (Jumai and Konga) needs to improve.
Above all I learnt a good lesson from them, only pay when the good is delivered because they are only after money and not customer satisfaction.
so u left d man at konga ? lol u didnt tell him wea u are
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by franzis(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Shop for powerbanks to charge your mobile phones ipads tablets anywhere anytime,Blackberry z3 cases, iphone 5 5s 5g cases with screen protector, Samsung galaxy s5 cases with screen protector, electronic hair shaver trimmer,stainless steel blackhead pimple acne needle remover tool,magnetic therapy neck massager,fashion rhinestone pendant watches,wireless door/window security Alarm and more in Nigeria(nationwide delivery/pay on delivery via DHL) @ /bestprice
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by ugogboskey(m): 10:42am On Sep 17, 2014
For me it is Konga. I placed an order for some laptops at Jumia with the payment option of pay on delivery. The shipping and handling was something else (N8,115). I was however ready to pay the delivery fee but I was called just a few minutes after placing the order and I was told that their pay on delivery services does not cover my area (Airport Road, Abuja).

I immediately switched to Konga and I was delighted to be charged only N1,500 for shipping and delivery and after three days i received my laptops in good condition.

First impression matters, they say. So I'll stick with Konga unless and until they f*ck up.....

2 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by tziz(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Jumia has never failed me, iv bot a watch and a Q5 frm dem and dey delivered rilly early, vry impressive. it's Konga dats so sluggish and incompetent, even dier cust.care brains r slow. Placed an order for a watch frm dem frm my wallet and afta a week and som days my order was still showing "verified" on my order history, I decided to call d f**ls only for dem to tell me d watch is out of stock. Den I dnt knw wat drove me to place an order again on a lappy I saw on dier site last week Friday and aldou it's telling me "item shipped" on my order history, iv nt gotten d item till nw afta 5 working days and am in lagos. Am tired of calling dier dull cust.care dt doesn't help matters. Am jst glad it's P.O.D so I mite as well jst go n get a lappy frm d market aldou I wouldn't cancel d order, I'll hav dem bring it to my house den i'll tell d delivery man dt I dnt nid it anymore! Incompetent Idiats!

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by jujukemist(m): 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
Fore Jumia is better based on their prompt delivery to kaduna just 3 days. am currently on day 6 excluding weekends waiting to receive just an item from Kong. what a shame.
Done 20 orders on Aliexpress with average of 20 days free shipping

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer / GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.