Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,265 members, 7,954,036 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? (74907 Views)

Which E-commerce Company Deliver Faster -SWIFTHA, KONGA Or JUMIA / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Rumin8(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
I've used both and will declare Konga the better retailer, mainly due to how swiftly my orders were confirmed and shipped to me, despite residing outside Lagos.

Jumia took more than a week to deliver each item I ordered, even more than a fortnight to deliver a particular product. On two occasions they accepted payments for products that they didn't have in stock yet displayed on their website.

For Konga, my orders arrived three days after ordering. The last order (in November) arrived in two days. I was really surprised to find the DHL chap at my door. My only concern with Konga is the number of unprofessional customer care reps I've had to deal with but I can live with that, if it's the price to pay for quick deliveries.

Oh, you're equally more likely to have your order returned with Jumia and get refunded.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by irririchris(m): 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
i think jumia is okay though, i ordered for a 32 inch LED T.V on the 30th of Nov and got it on the 6th. and it was in a good condition. gobulksmsng.com
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by W3xy1(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Still having issues with konga after placing an order for more than a week nw. This is what I got frm them
Hello There,
Thank you for taking the time to mail us.
Please accept our apologies for the delayed
response as there has been a high traffic volume
via this channel.
Be rest assured that your request/query will be
looked into and we would contact you with an
update as soon as possible.
We apologise for any inconvenience this delay may
have caused and ask you to bear with us while we
work on your requests.
Best Regards
Ruby Chuku
Customer Experience
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by DrJCarter(m): 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
Konga is better, cheaper item and prompt delivery. I ordered an Infinix Race Bolt in April and it arrived my office at Abuja 3days later. My CEO bought several fans from them also and was pleased.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
J0nyb0y: i just wanted to place an order worth 30k 2day on konga.. Una don discourage me

Look before you leap..
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by W3xy1(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Heavens knows am nt doing online nigerian shopping again
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by segsinc(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Patronising them is a big risk..they(jumia & konga) need to step their games up. I had a terrible experience with konga..ive made up my mind never to shop online in nigeria. Not in the nearest future. Yesssss. Its that bad.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Rumin8(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
J0nyb0y: i just wanted to place an order worth 30k 2day on konga.. Una don discourage me

I've ordered a product well over 100k on Konga. Was quite naturally skeptical at first but I received the device on time and in good condition.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by okewumi: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
Seun, God will bless and honor you. it shall be well with you. This site 'Nairaland' has really help me a lot. I just paid to my sister's account to order for LG split Air condition tomorrow online. So this is how my 90k would have enter voice mail. I remember my mummy's song "oluwa ose ape ose oo, eyi to ku leyin wa bawa se. Naija no dey carry last sha!!!

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sammieguze(m): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
Never felt safe to spend my hard earned moni on ghost pple dat av nt seen or met. In case i dnt get my good delivered, ow do i get my moni bk? D@ is d prob am havin nw. Konga nvr deliver me my good after a whole wk....mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by flyingdutchman(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
online shopping in nigeria is not ready to grow. I purchased two Nokia phones from jumia, surfice to say that my girlfriend's and mine have stopped working
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Gboliwe: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
ikpeam_ngozi: Is it konga or jumia pls
Konga. In my first post I said I'd never done business with Jumia
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by mashnino(m): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
i have proudly use both...

in terms of customer care service i think both of them lack that so much
i want to break there heads...

but when it comes to product delivery..mehn u jez gat to give it to konga...

if you stay outside lagos and you order a product from jumia..please relax and expect it in the next 7-15 days...

cos even us that stay in lagos have to stay for about 5 days to receive a product...

but with konga..if you order this night..expect your product tomorrow morning...
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Konga.com on point
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
I ordered from Jumia, the gave me 3days, I call on the forth day, they asked me to place a new other. I hung up.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by titoetal(m): 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
I have used both to order items delivered to PH and Awka. Even now, am yet to get a shipment notification of 50k plus item paid in full on 29th Nov from Jumia. In my last two experiences from Jumia, wrong item was delivered though retrieved for the right one after several calls. In another, the wrong person was contacted for my goods. However, it was only my first order from Jumia that had prompt service but in all, the products are quality and in good conditions.
For Konga, it's their delivery agent and selective destination for certain items that pisses me up.
I do not know what this my pending order with Jumia will be, may be I 'll ask for refund after tomorrow and equally wish both companies can improve their services.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Machini(m): 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
Now I am reeeeeaaaally scared to my bone marrows. I ordered an HP laptop from Jumia on monday 2nd Dec. Worth almost 80k! God in your hands I commit myself.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by J0nyb0y(m): 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
Rumin8:

I've ordered a product well over 100k on Konga. Was quite naturally skeptical at first but I received the device on time and in good condition.
so you are saying they are very reliable in terms of delivery?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by J0nyb0y(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
Machini: Now I am reeeeeaaaally scared to my bone marrows. I ordered an HP laptop from Jumia on monday 2nd Dec. Worth almost 80k! God in your hands I commit myself.
you dont have to.. Just give them a call or send them a mail.. Or via twitter/facebook they'l respond asap!
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by blank(f): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
Do not be discouraged. Place your orders with whichever company but choose pay on delivery and place your order well in advance. Keep sending emails to know your status and keep tracking online.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by mashnino(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
if there is something i hate about jumia...

it is the fact that after they ve finished wasting my time and all..

then the delivery call me around 6pm telling me that my product is ready for delivery

that am i at home?... how stupid can that be.. 6pm? don't you know that's the best time for th evening work

then i have to work back home and wait for him and they start smiling..and that's very annoying...
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by purplecircle: 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
Well i have used both, am well they are both same. They sometimes sell substandard items.. I got a phone from jumia after 3months it packed up and i realised it wasnt actually new. Konga i bought a cream it had marked for return from Macys imagine konga selling it to us.... Pls they are same, cheats....
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
I think jumia is ok and I will prefer them over konga

I shopped with them thrice and they delivered within 3 days

I paid cash on delivery.

If they didn't bring my goods no money for them$ so even if I'm gonna buy from konga. I will pay cash on delivery

But aw can konga pull dat kind of stunt. Dem come fall yakata... It shows aw unreliable they are, taking their customers unserious
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sunnyprof: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
I got my Sony Xperia Ultra from Konga. they delivered on the 6th day as promised (to south south within 6 days) tho I had to keep calling from tne 4th day.

The machine is working perfectly. I think I can trust them. Customer service on all my calls, tho average, but ok. Those complaining about poor customer service may be expecting too much. We need to realize that the respondent to your complain also need to do some in-house investigation in order to give you the correct status of your order.

My opinion is : lets encourage them, they are pioneers of a new phase of business, they need to catch up with further experience and I think they have done well so far despite the poor state of infrastructures for the hydra logistics for such business.

I remember SHOPFORLESS and a few others who ventured into online shopping and delivery parked out. Even dealdey is no more that active: Logistics and cost. Even when you send things on your own thru the courier companies, u need to follow it up else you spend time and for those who use Tranporters, Agofure, Abc, young shall grow etc. you can tell the story: ALL IS ABOUT TRUST AND PATIENCE.

I remember a Trader at Alaba Market delivered my Projector to me thru ABC Transport the following day after I paid into his account.

4 Likes

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by nkemdilimi: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
Below is a BBM broadcast from a friend. Guess it collaborates the cognitive dissonance experience of some Konga customers in this thread.

"Am surprised no one has ever mentioned that Konga is a fraudulent on-line shopping site. It is worrying that for over a week now,an order placed has neither been delivered nor cash refund made despite several calls to the customer care team and mails to their "help" box. Is there anyone that can give me their physical address please (Not pick up centre). Feel free to re-broadcast till one of their staff get this."
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
There's a new one that's gonna run them off the scene... Its www.buyam.com.ng

Anyone tried it?
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Machini(m): 10:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
Machini: Now I am reeeeeaaaally scared to my bone marrows. I ordered an HP laptop from Jumia on monday 2nd Dec. Worth almost 80k! God in your hands I commit myself.

Finally my fears have crystallized. Just decided to check the status of my order and found out that it has been cancelled since wednesday! And nobody even cared to inform me despite the fact that I paid instantly with my mastercard. Someone needs to sue these guys.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by sunnyprof: 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
Even one guy at Computer village delivered Micro SD 32GB to me in Yenagoa by DHL in 2 days. Like I said its all about TRUST and we should just encourage those who have genuinely place their name on the online shopping services. Its a young industry in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
wiser: I made order for items from Jumia, since November up til now my goods have not been delivered. They gave maximum of 8 days, which has elapse. well, i am still writing and calling to deliver my items.

Na wa oo...
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
writing a review soon. visit
www.onlineshoppingInNigeria.com for updates and info about the e commerce industry ,Thanks.
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by seunidris(f): 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
They are both thieves... Kaymus.com or betterstill dealdey all the way....
Re: Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable? by shevon: 10:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
ikpeam_ngozi: Is it konga or jumia pls
That goes to show you don't shop online or that you don't have issues that let's you send email to them. Ruby Chuku works with Konga, such an irresponsible b***ch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ebun Okubanjo, CEO Of Lekki Fitness & Gym Centre Slams Customer / GTBank Website Hacked - Customers Cry Out / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.