Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (66885 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by danot1030: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
on a seriouse as much as i agree wit d reasons d writer gave 4 d low level of recognition nigeria is getin frm d global circle, i can argue dat if obj or some other nigeria leaders is our president dey wuld stil hav bean recognisd at d ocation.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by oduaboy1: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
deshclones: what do u stand to gain from this childish write-up?

Why do Nigerians hate hearing the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by taharqa: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
agabaI23: Point of Correction

Nigeria is snubbed not Jonathan. You should see it that way and keep quiet except you don't have shame!
Even Nigeria was NOT snubbed anytin. One President per Continent was choosen by d Organisers to speak on d occasion on behalf of their Continent I suppose. The Namibian President spoke on behalf of Africa, Period. And even if we wanted to use 'who contributed most to d AntiApartheid movement', did Nigeria contribute more than Namibia or any other Southern African country for that mata?... For God's sake, why shld this even be an issue? And why am I even on such a sillly thread??

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Lilimax(f): 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
homesteady: If every president present there was meant to give a speech, will that ceremony ever finish? Maybe it'll end next tomorrow!
Although I still think that they should have given Nigeria a chance to tell their own story!
Yeah, with the part Nigeria played during apartheid regime, we should have been given a chance to say something.

Be it as it may, the bitter truth message has been sent to all Nigerians home and abroad.
The earlier we arise and re-build our nation and its dented image, the better for us.

It dosen't end at throwing insults on our President; we should do the bits we can individually...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kokoA(m): 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
deshclones: what do u stand to gain from this childish write-up?

you are the one acting childish here bro. If only one Africa country were to be selected to pay tribute to Mandela, that country should be our country, Nigeria. I remember all the "free mandela" campaign all over the place while growing up. I never knew anything about politics then but I knew the name Mandela because of the way our people then talked about his freedom, I remember a popular song by a Nigerian artist titled "free mandela" which we all loved to sing during our play time. We should be asking ourselves what went wrong. Mandela stood for black people and if we as the most populous black nation in the world were reduced to mere spectators at his funeral then there's something "unmandela-like" we must have done to warrant this embarrassment.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Alxmyr(m): 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
I can bet it this piece of misinformation will hit FP.
Let's wait.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by king94(m): 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
I don't seem to undastand wot d op is saying. Nambia is d only country 4rm Africa dat is giving a tribute 2dai(they gained their independence 4rm South Africa). Barack Obama woz d only western leader dat gave a speech 2dai. I don't see d british press complaining about d 'snub' so I don't know wot d fuss is all about.It is a memorial service nd dat is wot we should focus on rather than wasting time on egotistical shenanigans.

29 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by nduchucks: 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
I think given the role Nigeria played in destroying Apatheid in South Africa, our full support of Madela during his incarceration, and our position in Africa, South Africa should have honored our country by given Nigeria (GEJ) the opportunity to give our tribute to this great African. Like it or not, Nigeria has the greatest population of Black people in the world.

South Africa was simply being petty by using the ocasion to spite this country. I hope GEJ and his diplomatic core have one or two ideas about how to punish South Africa in a subtle manner. What nonsense!!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
I Alway wonder what Apc has to gain with all the lies and blackmailing story they are pushing out daily? Do they think that those stories will make us hate Gej or what? WE ARE NOT GULLIBLE TO BELIEVE EVERY POO YOU GUYS POST HERE.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by oduaboy1: 3:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: MY QUESTION TO THE IDIOT THAT POSTED THIS,MUST GEJ DELIVER SPEACH IN EVERY INTERNATIONAL FUNTION?
Even "common"Namibian president is giving a speech...so why should the president of the supposed giant of africa not doing that coupled with how we stood solidly behind them during the apartheid regime.
It's really disgraceful.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by plaindealer: 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
ndu_chucks: I think given the role Nigeria played in destroying Apatheid in South Africa, our full support of Madela during his incarceration, and our position in Africa, South Africa should have honored our country by given Nigeria (GEJ) the opportunity to give our tribute to this great African. Like it or not, Nigeria has the greatest population of Black people in the world.

South Africa was simply being petty by using the ocasion to spite this country. I hope GEJ and his diplomatic core have one or two ideas about how to punish South Africa in a subtle manner. What nonsense!!

You still don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
homesteady: If every president present there was meant to give a speech, will that ceremony ever finish? Maybe it'll end next tomorrow!
Although I still think that they should have given Nigeria a chance to tell their own story!

You are right. But not all the countries present stood by South Africa when the going was rough. Some even wanted him kept in jail.
Nigeria should not worry about being slighted, we should just fight our own apartheid of mismanagement and corruption, illiteracy, poverty and all.
At the end of the day, Mandela himself thanked Nigerians when he was alive. That should be enough.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by king94(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
odua boy: Even "common"Namibian president is giving a speech so why should the president of the supposed giant of africa not doing that
It's really disgraceful.
'Common' namibia.That sounds degrading.They gained their independence from SA so I don't knw wot u ar trying to insinuate.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kokoA(m): 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: I Alway wonder what Apc has to gain with all the lies and blackmailing story they are pushing out daily? Do they think that those stories will make us hate Gej or what? WE ARE NOT GULLIBLE TO BELIEVE EVERY POO YOU GUYS POST HERE.
I am sorry but must you act like a dumb given any slightest opportunity? Who is talking about GEJ and APC here?! We are talking about OUR COUNTRY not being given the right recognition she deserves considering her role in Mandela's success and you are here spewing trash! Its comments like this that annoys me on NL.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by taharqa: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
king94: I don't seem to undastand wot d op is saying. Nambia is d only country 4rm Africa dat is giving a tribute 2dai(they gained their independence 4rm South Africa). Barack Obama woz d only western leader dat gave a speech 2dai. I don't see d british press complaining about d 'snub' so I don't know wot d fuss is all about.It is a memorial service nd dat is wot we should focus on rather than wasting time on egotistical shenanigans.
Thanks for those words. Eerily appropiate for these Clowns..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
odua boy: Even "common"Namibian president is giving a speech so why should the president of the supposed giant of africa not doing that
It's really disgraceful.
nambia was granted that because they were created from south africa.stop this your useles rants pls
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by nduchucks: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaindealer:
You still don't get it.

Please explain to me, what I still do not get. Thanks
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
kokoA: I am sorry but must you act like a dumb given any slightest opportunity? Who is talking about GEJ and APC here?! We are talking about OUR COUNTRY not being given the right recognition she deserves considering her role in Mandela's success and you are here spewing trash! Its comments like this that annoys me on NL.
get lost! Try another useles post cuz this one looks stupid
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by danot1030: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
gej system of ruling has much damage 2 nigeria reputatn both internaly and globaly, a leader dat encouragd coruptn and d ofenders wit impunity compar 2 any other govnt b4 him. and wit dis i dont expect he shul get any recognitn among d world leaders

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by king94(m): 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
This is not a snub on GEJ. This is not a snub on Nigeria. It is not even a snub. Why are u all disturbing urselves over a speech at a memorial service. Last tym I checked, libya didn't speak nd Gaddafi woz a firmer supporter of Madiba than our dear country eva woz.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by plaindealer: 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Please explain to me, what I still do not get. Thanks

Really don't feel like so kindly ignore my comment. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by shizzle11(m): 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
odua boy: Why do Nigerians hate hearing the truth.

what truth? how was Jonathan snubbed? was he not allowed into the venue or was he not welcomed when he arrived?

If however you want us to believe its the truth considering the role Nigeria played during the apartheid struggle in SA, then the post should have been 'Nigeria snubbed' and not 'Jonathan snubbed'.

Anyways, I do not expect any less from the APC internet dogs to be rational in reasoning as long as it involves Jonathan.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by oduaboy1: 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: nambia was granted that because they were created from south africa.stop this your useles rants pls
And why shouldn't nigeria also be given the same chance,if not for anything at least for standing solidly behind them during the apartheid era.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by gidzbobby: 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
ceo4eva: I now strongly believe that this Jonathan's Administration Cultivates, Breeds, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.

you see people like you have gone mad over the last few years..... i don't know why your breeds thinks that corruption started as soon as GEJ became a president of this nation... it has started since and stop blaming this man or his government cause the next person to be elected, except He has the fear of God and love for humanity, then he'll work on how the level of corruption will be reduced in this country....

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by taharqa: 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
kokoA: you are the one acting childish here bro. If only one Africa country were to be selected to pay tribute to Mandela, that country should be our country, Nigeria. I remember all the "free mandela" campaign all over the place while growing up. I never knew anything about politics then but I knew the name Mandela because of the way our people then talked about his freedom, I remember a popular song by a Nigerian artist titled "free mandela" which we all loved to sing during our play time. We should be asking ourselves what went wrong. Mandela stood for black people and if we as the most populous black nation in the world were reduced to mere spectators at his funeral then there's something "unmandela-like" we must have done to warrant this embarrassment.
OLODO. Where do you DUNCES even come from? Which Skol una good? Who teach una history? So Nigeria contributed to the dismantling of Apartheid (or, was directly affected by it) more than Zimbabwe (former Rhodesia), Zambia, Namibia (a country that even SA colonished till around 1990), Angola, Lesotho, Mozambique?? What NONSENSE I am reading on this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kokoA(m): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
king94: This is not a snub on GEJ. This is not a snub on Nigeria. It is not even a snub. Why are u all disturbing urselves over a speech at a memorial service. Last tym I checked, libya didn't speak nd Gaddafi woz a firmer supporter of Madiba than our dear country eva woz.
Lybia is not the most populous black nation in the world. Nigeria paying tribute to mandela is like the whole black race appreciating him for what he did for our brothers in SA. Its more of a symbolic gesture than a mere speech. The organisers got it all wrong.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by donphilopus: 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Retardeen should have been Mobbed now, not snubbed!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by shizzle11(m): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
king94: This is not a snub on GEJ. This is not a snub on Nigeria. It is not even a snub. Why are u all disturbing urselves over a speech at a memorial service. Last tym I checked, libya didn't speak nd Gaddafi woz a firmer supporter of Madiba than our dear country eva woz.

God bless you. You are sensible

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by CircleOfWilis: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
**reading**
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ceo4eva: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
donphilopus: Retardeen should have been Mobbed now, not snubbed!
REALLY!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by oduaboy1: 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
shizzle11:

what truth? how was Jonathan snubbed? was he not allowed into the venue or was he not welcomed when he arrived?

If however you want us to believe its the truth considering the role Nigeria played during the apartheid struggle in SA, then the post should have been 'Nigeria snubbed' and not 'Jonathan snubbed'.

Anyways, I do not expect any less from the APC internet dogs to be rational in reasoning as long as it involves Jonathan.

I merely aired my opinions.so no need for unprecedented attacks
in your myopic mind anyone who isn't a Gej fanatic automatically becomes an APC lapdog
You must be having a good laugh at your outright display of stupididty.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by stevecantrell: 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
South African presidents and S.africans in general have inherited Mandela's anger at Nigeria but the joke is on them.

Mandela, though credited with ending apartheid sold out the very people he was fighting for at the last minute, as former wife Winnie rightly said.

Blacks are are still economically disenfranchised, still make up the predominate ratio of the underclass, hiv/aids hasn't let lost its grip on their communities.

Whites on the other hand still control the natural mineral resources, they still control military apparatus and nuclear arsenal. They remain upwardly empowered economically and a strong racist undertone is still evident in their society.

Mandela, though he fought hard for his people, still gave up in the end and he got his due bowl porridge for his co operation.

Mandela is loved by the white man because he could have been another Mugabe but he refused to go against his captors plans for a new international Order.

This is what many people esp. South africans are too blind to see.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Buhari Will Die If He Visits Ogoniland - Niger Delta Avengers / General Obasanjo With President Jimmy Carter (Throwback Photo) / Okorocha Prepares Imo For Christmas (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.