Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (66511 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by shizzle11(m): 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
kokoA: I am sorry but must you act like a dumb given any slightest opportunity? Who is talking about GEJ and APC here?! We are talking about OUR COUNTRY not being given the right recognition she deserves considering her role in Mandela's success and you are here spewing trash! Its comments like this that annoys me on NL.

@ bolded, the op doesn't see it that way, that's why he personalized the topic to read Jonathan, and you are no different from the op. We cannot be fooled, we know all of you, no matter how you try to paint it, reasonable fellows will always decipher what you re up to. Your useless propaganda once again has failed.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Where did Nigeria get it long? I doubt if any country in Africa contributed like Nigeria did in the liberation of, not just South Africa, but also other countries in Southern Africa.
-Murtala Muhammed supported the communist oriented liberation movement of MPLA against the capitalist UNITA and FNLA in Angola.
-Nigeria is not geographically contiguous to Southern Africa but Olusegun Obasanjo was made leader of Eminent Peoples' Group.
-Wole Soyinka dedicated his Nobel Laureate speech, "This Present Must Address Its Past" to the liberation of Nelson Mandela.
-The FG named two halls of residence in OAU in 1976 after Angola and Mozambique.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by king94(m): 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
kokoA: Lybia is not the most populous black nation in the world. Nigeria paying tribute to mandela is like the whole black race appreciating him for what he did for our brothers in SA. Its more of a symbolic gesture than a mere speech. The organisers got it all wrong.
Namibia did dat for black Africa. It is not on every occassion dat Nigeria must speak for Africa.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by fkaz(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
taharqa: Even Nigeria was NOT snubbed anytin. One President per Continent was choosen by d Organisers to speak on d occasion on behalf of their Continent I suppose. The Namibian President spoke on behalf of Africa, Period. And even if we wanted to use 'who contributed most to d AntiApartheid movement', did Nigeria contribute more than Namibia or any other Southern African country for that mata?... For God's sake, why shld this even be an issue? And why am I even on such a sillly thread??

You see your life, after you people will say NIGERIA is the giant of Africa. Just to defend jona, you agree NAMIBIAN contribute more than NIGERIA to end Apartheid regime.
Nigeria has done a lot for Africa and we deserve the respect in such occasion

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by docsholz(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
Which country in the world still takes Nigeria and nigerians seriously anymore? It's a matter of time before we start applying 4 visa to enter Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by oduaboy1: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
gidzbobby:

you see people like you have gone mad over the last few years..... i don't know why your breeds thinks that corruption started as soon as GEJ became a president of this nation... it has started since and stop blaming this man or his government cause the next person to be elected, except He has the fear of God and love for humanity, then he'll work on how the level of corruption will be reduced in this country....
But everone knows that corruption is on an all time high in retardeen's admnistration.
He eats,sleeps and drink corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by nduchucks: 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaindealer:

Really don't feel like so kindly ignore my comment. Thanks

I understand your perspective from your post below. Its hard to disagree with the post.

plaindealer: With all our sacrifices and support during and after apartheid, we did't get any official recognition and the ones getting it didn't do much or even supported apartheid in SA.

It's hard to blame them with all the nuisance we are constituting in their country. The fact that GEJ himself carries little or no weight, zero global knowledge, sophistication and the fact that he's grossly incompetent and corrupt to be felt on the world stage is a great disadvantage.

He's just too weak and timid so they push him around or to the back as needed...
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by donphilopus: 3:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
Why on earth would Namibian president speak on behalf of Africa?? If Mandela were to be a Nigerian, Jacob Zuma wouldn't have arrived Nigeria, before his name would be written among the people to speak.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kokoA(m): 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
taharqa: OLODO. Where do you DUNCES even come from? Which Skol una good? Who teach una history? So Nigeria contributed to the dismantling of Apartheid (or, was directly affected by it) more than Zimbabwe (former Rhodesia), Zambia, Namibia (a country that even SA colonished till around 1990), Angola, Lesotho, Mozambique?? What NONSENSE I am reading on this thread?
You can't hide your primitive nature, can you? I refuse to join issues with a sycophant like you. If you can tell me what the countries you mentioned above did better than Nigeria, tell me how much they contributed financially to the struggle, how many foreign businesses were nationalised to put pressure on the west then I will rest my case and call you "history master". You bloody sycophants care less about Nigeria, you are only interested in promoting GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by PNN: 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
the 'giant of Africa' did not get a chance to make a presentation in such historic event...we need change...serious reflection on our global status

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Why Brazil? are they not the same continent as USA?
Truth is that it is to do with how a nation is respected and their influence on the world stage.

Nigeria's influence in Africa has diminished since Abacha's death .
taharqa: Even Nigeria was NOT snubbed anytin. One President per Continent was choosen by d Organisers to speak on d occasion on behalf of their Continent I suppose. The Namibian President spoke on behalf of Africa, Period. And even if we wanted to use 'who contributed most to d AntiApartheid movement', did Nigeria contribute more than Namibia or any other Southern African country for that mata?... For God's sake, why shld this even be an issue? And why am I even on such a sillly thread??
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Acidosis(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
“There is no home that the anti-apartheid campaign was not then. Our university halls were named after Mozambique and all of these places.

We funded all of these organisations in Angola and Zimbabwe among others.
“We are the ones being driven out of South Africa. The British can enter South Africa. We have to take a visa. These are deep questions because they hurt me…"

Fashola ^^
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by king94(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
donphilopus: Why on earth would Namibian president speak on behalf of Africa?? If Mandela were to be a Nigerian, Jacob Zuma wouldn't have arrived Nigeria, before his name would be written among the people to speak.
Wot is ur problem wit a speech? Finding fault in d minutest of details ain't good. I can't believe dat u ar bickering ova a memorial service. I don't care about who spoke at d memorial. I'm more concerned about d legacy he left behind and which we should all strive to emulate.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
king94: Namibia did dat for black Africa. It is not on every occassion dat Nigeria must speak for Africa.
I agree with you, but not on an occasion like this. Nigeria contributed a lot to the liberation of SA. It cost Murtala Muhammed his life. It took the West many years before they could take the life of Muammar Gaddafi who also was instrumental. Or do you think Jacob Zuma was foolish when he said would grant asylum to Gaddafi if he demanded it?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by king94(m): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
GenBuhari: Why Brazil? are they not the same continent as USA?
Truth is that it is to do with how a nation is respected and their influence on the world stage.

Nigeria's influence in Africa has diminished since Abacha's death .
Brazil nd USA ar not from d same continent. Get ur facts right.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by king94(m): 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I agree with you, but not on an occasion like this. Nigeria contributed a lot to the liberation of SA. It cost Murtala Muhammed his life. It took the West many years before they could take the life of Muammar Gaddafi who also was instrumental. Or do you think Jacob Zuma was foolish when he said would grant asylum to Gaddafi if he demanded it?
I'm confused here. Did the West kill Murtala cos my history books show me dat Dimka killed him.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by iterator25: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
whether we're regarded or not, it won't add any kobo to our GDP... as a Nigerian, all I'm concerned about now is economic growth and development... Nigeria is thick and would overtake many economies in years to come.. Let's direct our hope towards that. By then, the respect will surface from every nook and cranny of the earth.. I'm bet GEJ feels the same way cool

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by plaindealer: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Acidosis:

Fashola ^^

And the same Britain aided and supported apartheid till the very last minute.. They get to fly in without Visa, but we have to go through then visa motions and pains..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by talktimi(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Was the programme of events printed today ? All those who gave speeches knew long before hand that they would speak today and had their speech writers churn out something for them to say today..
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Taharqa, you don't know anything about liberation movements in Africa if you do, you won't say Namibia whose President delivered a speech on behalf Africa, contributed more. The South-West People's Liberation Movement (SWAPO) who leader, Sam Nuyoma led his country (then known as South West Africa) to independence got support from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Lilimax(f): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
donphilopus: Retardeen should have been Mobbed now, not snubbed!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Acidosis(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
iterator25: grin the posture

Whats wrong with the posture?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by plaindealer: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
Circle-Of-Wilis:
ha ha ha, dis must be a photoshoping

haba!

Very Very real..
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by rusher14: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
shizzle11:

what truth? how was Jonathan snubbed? was he not allowed into the venue or was he not welcomed when he arrived?

If however you want us to believe its the truth considering the role Nigeria played during the apartheid struggle in SA, then the post should have been 'Nigeria snubbed' and not 'Jonathan snubbed'.

Anyways, I do not expect any less from the APC internet dogs to be rational in reasoning as long as it involves Jonathan.

By always mentioning APC anytime something goes wrong with this government you only make them more popular.

Sort yourself out and stop chasing shadows!

It may or may not be an affront on our president depending on how you choose to look at it.

But you guys should stop embarrassing yourselves.

Get off it already!!!
[size=12pt][/size]
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by donphilopus: 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lilimax:
grin
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by rusher14: 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
shizzle11:

what truth? how was Jonathan snubbed? was he not allowed into the venue or was he not welcomed when he arrived?

If however you want us to believe its the truth considering the role Nigeria played during the apartheid struggle in SA, then the post should have been 'Nigeria snubbed' and not 'Jonathan snubbed'.

Anyways, I do not expect any less from the APC internet dogs to be rational in reasoning as long as it involves Jonathan.

By always mentioning APC anytime something goes wrong with this government you only make them more popular.

Sort yourself out and stop chasing shadows!

It may or may not be an affront on our president depending on how you choose to look at it.

But you guys should stop embarrassing yourselves.

Get off it already!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ekweremadu's Kidney Donor Visa Application Letter To British High Commission / Okorocha Prepares Imo For Christmas (photos) / Atiku Floors Buhari Inside Aso Rock Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.