Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (66515 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Evalsam1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
I watched it live on AIT and I can still remember how people applaud our Able Presido when he was introduced, infact it shows that Nigeria is still representing. U dont expect all the world leaders to come out and say something, when u know that there is limited time.

It's high time u learn to say good things to ur country.

you r too old to be young.

behave urself!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by penielnig(m): 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
It's truly a shame of a nation.how on earth would our dear president be snubbed in that manner?.infact I was so sure that our president would give a speech considering the efforts of Nigeria in war against apartheid that I had a bet with a colleague,how disappointed I was.the only time our president was shown was during his arrival at d airport,other than that,he was nowhere to be found alltru the ceremony.It's well with our country.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by zinaunreal(m): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
ocelot2006:

Good Lord......So Brazil's in the same continent with the USA? How the f@#k did you pass your WAEC exams?

Who be this GRINGO?!!! U just dull the highest dulling of the year. You should be banned from Nairaland. Kai! LooooooL! You be mumu oh
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Why must he give tribute? Is it his birthright? So because he wasn't allowed to give tribute he was snubbed?

Tschew. What a shallow way of thing.

It's like nigerians enjoy whinning and being a crybaby.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Btruth: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
This was why he was snubbed.

Naij.com
Madiba's Message to Nigerian Leaders

"You know I am not very happy with Nigeria. I have made that very clear on many occasions. Yes, Nigeria stood by us more than any nation, but you let yourselves down, and Africa and the black race very badly. Your leaders have no respect for their people. They believe that their personal interests are the interests of the people. They take people’s resources and turn it into personal wealth. There is a level of poverty in Nigeria that should be unacceptable. I cannot understand why Nigerians are not more angry than they are." "What do young Nigerians think about your leaders and their country and Africa? Do you teach them history? Do you have lessons on how your past leaders stood by us and gave us large amounts of money? You know I hear from Angolans and Mozambicans and Zimbabweans how your people opened their hearts and their homes to them. I was in prison then, but we know how your leaders punished western companies who supported Apartheid." "What about the corruption and the crimes? Your elections are like wars. Now we hear that you cannot be president in Nigeria unless you are Muslim or Christian. Some people tell me your country may break up. Please don’t let it happen." "Let me tell you what I think you need to do. You should encourage leaders to emerge who will not confuse public office with sources of making personal wealth. Corrupt people do not make good leaders. Then you have to spend a lot of your resources for education. Educate children of the poor, so that they can get out of poverty. Poverty does not breed confidence. Only confident people can bring changes. Poor, uneducated people can also bring change, but it will be hijacked by the educated and the wealthy...give young Nigerians good education. Teach them the value of hard work and sacrifice, and discourage them from crimes which are destroying your image as a good people."

(Excepts taken from a 2007 interview with Mandela held by Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed.)

HMM... REST WELL GREAT MAN... REST WELL MADIBA.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
gidzbobby:

you see people like you have gone mad over the last few years..... i don't know why your breeds thinks that corruption started as soon as GEJ became a president of this nation... it has started since and stop blaming this man or his government cause the next person to be elected, except He has the fear of God and love for humanity, then he'll work on how the level of corruption will be reduced in this country....
cheesy grin
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Realdon1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
I cried tody wen i saw only d leg of my president at dark part of back seat. Even d judge bush snubbed wen he s gvng handshake to other presidnt. I weep fr naija. Coruption has dethroned us in d world.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by tommyOBlog: 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
ceo4eva: I now strongly believe that this Jonathan's Administration Cultivates, Breeds, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.
Loool! Guy it's 7years oh!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by wagecomet: 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: MY QUESTION TO THE IDIOT THAT POSTED THIS,MUST GEJ DELIVER SPEACH IN EVERY INTERNATIONAL FUNTION?
I'm very sure you a mediocre. If not, how could you be so dumb to say must the President of the world most populated black nation give a speech? Nigeria alone rep. 1/4 of the entire black race. Except you among the indomie generation who perhaps sold her history book for mere Acara? You should devote your remaining bundle to GOOGLING and searching for The Role Of Nigeria During The Appertied Regime In South Africa; Nigeria's Foreign Foreign Policy To Africa From 1963 to 1999 atleast. My dear, next time don't make those dumb statement in CAPS, because you give away your ignorance cheaply. #WORD

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Jazz247: 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
It is now clear to us that GEJ lacks the charisma and presidential finesse of a leader.The problem we facing is bad and corrupt leaders and followers.We pretend to be patriotic, but tribal and religious sentiments had blindfolded us from speaking the truth when confronted with national issues. It's sad that electricity power generation is below 4000 megawatts for population of over 170m Nigerians. The entire country is almost in total darkness with all the billions of dollars accrued from crude oil sale and people wanted our corrupt rulers to be given recognition outside our shores. What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ademipeju(f): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Realdon1: I cried today wen i saw only d leg of my president at dark part of back seat. Even d judge bush snubbed wen he s gvng handshake to other presidnt. I weep fr naija. Coruption has dethroned us in d world.

grin That is how low we have gone in the eyes of the world. We should be leading while other African Nations follow..........

America should be leading the West while Nigeria leading the entire Black Nations. Corruption has eaten deep into out national fibre.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by penielnig(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=Evalsam1]I watched it live on AIT and I can still remember how people applaud our Able Presido when he was introduced, infact it shows that Nigeria is still representing. U dont expect all the world leaders to come out and say something, when u know that there is limited time.

It's high time u learn to say good things to ur country.

you r too old to be young.

behave urself!....I beg to disagree sir,there was no time people applauded more than others when he was introduced.may be you watched Nigeria version on AIT while the rest watched the global version on CNN.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Drone007: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
fabulousdame: hmmmmm...even if nigeria is a failed country, it's not d worst.

i dnt care if gej or nigeria was snubbed...
dey only know nigeria for bad tins not d good tins. every country has it's own share of corruption. nigeria dint start it neither will dey end it.
watever, screw dem.
i love nigeria.

Moreover, former President Obasanjo summed it up beautifully when he described our so-called African brothers and sisters who relish Nigeria's help in their times of need only to turn round and stick the knife in Nigeria’s back at Nigeria’s times of need as 'Ungrateful Ingrates'. This phenomenon has been going on for quite so long that it demands more critical thinking and analyses than the simplistic approach some commentators, even some Nigerian commentators, give to it. What 'they' do or do not do to Nigeria matters very little. Rather: NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS, HONESTLY, REALLY AND SERIOUSLY NEED TO URGENTLY START RE-APPRAISING AND THINKING MORE DEEPLY ABOUT THE NATURE, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THEIR RELATION AND ASSOCIATION WITH OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES AS WELL AS THEIR POLICIES TOWARDS THEM!!!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by eaxes: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
All the talk of president Jonathan been snubbed is laughable. At least he was invited, he wudn't αvє if the South Africans didΩ'† think he ψα§ important. Besides i cϋϑ care less ¢☺§ †☺ me Mandela seems overhyped. I was J§† cringing at the CNN coverage of the memorial serviz. Talk abt spewing a lot of patronising drivel †☺ make airtime.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by pmc01(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
taharqa: You reali are a DUNCE. Infact, worse than a Dunce; more like an Okpee. So cos Nigeria was not askd to give a Speech at Mandela's Birthday, it there4 means that GEJ Admin 'cultivates, breeds, grows, etc corruption'?? Lawd have Mercy!! If I said everytin I felt cos of this unbelievably stu.pid logic in my mind right now , Seun himself wud ban me for 55years....#KIDS

Go siddon jare!

If it were OBJ or someone else with a very strong personality presiding over our affairs, he will have been accorded the desrved recognition and respect.

The people in charge must have felt it irrelevant to allow an uncharismatic leader in the mould of GEJ address such a gathering. If Chinese and Namibian reps were given an opportunity to talk, why not the President of 'the giant of Africal?!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by oluwashaddow(m): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
This is not about president Jonathan but rather Nigeria as a whole, I think we deserved more than even the united states,cos from what I read,I think Nigeria supported south africa more than any other country during the apartheid reign,so I think we should have been given an opportunity to say something...
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by TempleChinedum(m): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
ceo4eva: I now strongly believe that this Jonathan's Administration Cultivates, Breeds, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.

[b][/b]
You are one of the reasons, our dear country is been insulted and rediculed, from America to indians in a slum.
For your info that post was reffering to NIGERIA which you and I is included!
Mr you need to be beheaded! #simple!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by elohorayodele: 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.

You nw strongly believe (dats ur personal opinion, u cud as well bliv moni grows on trees or som nigerians r corrupt while odas r not). you are sooooo dumb n clueless. No mata wat happens all APC goons jst like u look for ways to put the blame on GEJ. Already becoming an irritating cliche and you all are sounding like zombies who can't think and only speak as commanded.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by sammyzacks(m): 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
South Africa in an ungrateful nation.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by talktimi(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Pls hold your councillors, lg chairmen, state and national assembly members, governors and commissioners accountable when they are not living up to expectation as they are more guilty of ineptitude than you care to admit before you decide to blame Gej for your mothers foul body odour. Starting from your ex leaders, ask them why they were such rogues.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
Drone007:

Moreover, former President Obasanjo summed it up beautifully when he described our so-called African brothers and sisters who relish Nigeria's help in their times of need only to turn round and stick the knife in Nigeria’s back at Nigeria’s times of need as 'Ungrateful Ingrates'. This phenomenon has been going on for quite so long that it demands more critical thinking and analyses than the simplistic approach some commentators, even some Nigerian commentators, give to it. What 'they' do or do not do to Nigeria matters very little. Rather: NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS, HONESTLY, REALLY AND SERIOUSLY NEED TO URGENTLY START RE-APPRAISING AND THINKING MORE DEEPLY ABOUT THE NATURE, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THEIR RELATION AND ASSOCIATION WITH OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES AS WELL AS THEIR POLICIES TOWARDS THEM!!!
For peace sake, you people should stop helping people only to buy recognition. It will not work in fact the world will understand when you withdraw your help, your own need more than you are giving outside. Now stop!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by wagecomet: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
[size=8pt]ATTENSION! ATTENSION!! ATTENSION!!!
ROSSIKE IS A PAID NAIRALANDER.
THE GUY HAS GOT NO REAL JOB.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
eaxes: All the talk of president Jonathan been snubbed is laughable. At least he was invited, he wudn't αvє if the South Africans didΩ'† think he ψα§ important. Besides i cϋϑ care less ¢☺§ †☺ me Mandela seems overhyped. I was J§† cringing at the CNN coverage of the memorial serviz. Talk abt spewing a lot of patronising drivel †☺ make airtime.

Sorry the SA government was explicitly clear that no one was invited as SA culture does not allow invites to a funeral. They all went there at their own will.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by anonimi: 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
It is obvious, going through the comments on this thread, to see why we are easily led by thieves PRETENDING to be saviours since we are such MUMUS carried away by the fickle things of this world.

* So OUR president's name is missing from tribute list
* Is it not a snub to us as Nigerians whom OUR president represents to the outside world?
* How many presidents gave tributes at the funeral? Can someone provide a list here?
* Why should that be VERY important to us as a NATION?
* If it is even THAT important to us and our president's name is missing on the so-called tribute-giving list, have we asked ourselves what role OUR Ambassador to South Africa should have played in the protocol arrangement?

Meanwhile for those who consider SUCH things important you may want to take note of the following:

0819 GMT: Among the high-profile guests today include Obama and three of his predecessors -- Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter -- plus French President Francois Hollande, British PM David Cameron, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

From: http://news.yahoo.com/mandela-memorial-live-report-075827440.html

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by eaxes: 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Mandela, the most overhyped mo**fu**er that ever lived. RIP though.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by free2ryhme: 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
mr sirdam: bro, if you were south african or one of the organizers of the funeral, would you not hate on Nigeria? come who wants to associate with a country where corruption is the order of the day? not to speak about the wide spread rumors and xenophobia hate south africans alrady have for nigerians in their country.....who also wants to associate with a country that is basically regressing constantly in terms of ........EVERYTHING .....come on

..Are south afRicans and the rest of the world Responsible for youR aforemention claims
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Sike(m): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
I don't believe this.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by rusher14: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
eaxes: Mandela, the most overhyped mo**fu**er that ever lived. RIP though.

So said a troll!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
What does what Nigeria did for SA got to do with Mandela' funeral undecided
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by oluwaisaac(m): 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
I like Mandela, but not South Africa....so, why do we even need their recognition?I like Mandela, but not South Africa....so, why do we even need their recognition?I like Mandela, but not South Africa....so, why do we even need their recognition?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Ekweremadu's Kidney Donor Visa Application Letter To British High Commission / Atiku Floors Buhari Inside Aso Rock Polling Unit / Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.