Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (66526 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by AjaraEwuro: 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
how is that a snub?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
king94: I'm confused here. Did the West kill Murtala cos my history books show me dat Dimka killed him.
I did courses on military and coup d'état. Most coup d'états are sponsored by foreign countries. The capitalist west sponsored Col. Joseph Mobutu to oust the democratically elected government in Congo. The United States watched Mobutu transform himself to Mobutu Sese Seko, a civilian government. Even though he was wicked he was always the guess of President Ronald Reagan of the US.
The son of Margaret Thatcher was arrested in an African country for sponsoring a coup. The Commonwealth introduced a law which would make it mandatory for any person imprisoned in another Commowealth country to choose between staying in the country of his arrest or going back to the country of his origin. I watched the live Senate debate on it where David Mark made it pass through all stages when the bill was in the house even though many voted against it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
So what you are telling me now is that GEJ left the paper containing his speech in the FNB stadium after spending all night to compose it. undecided
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by free2ryhme: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
Acidosis: Lol...

Afterall, they've been reading the ridicule all over the internet...

Who wants to hear from a reta.rdeen?

Who wants to hear from the husband of a shepo.potamus?

Will deserve whatever we get as a country..
This is just the beginning!

Infact, I won't be surprised if All Nigerians are denied entry to the stadium!
We deserve it...
Mr Soyinka must be rejoicing now. Tambuwal, Buhari, Asari and all other e.diots who have disgraced this nation thinking they were embarrasing an innocent man...

What else do we have to be proud about?

Africa's No.1 Nation was shamed in an event organised by fellow continent-men.

This is just the beginning...

You call jonathan an innocent man?

What is the outcome of the princess oduah bullet proof caR saga?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by tboycares: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
I watched the live broadcast on cnn. Even obasanjo was sighted in the crowd but mr. President is no where to be found. I guess the govt of south africa are being ingrate for not recognising nigerian efforts during the struggle.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Lilimax(f): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
Alxmyr: I can bet it this piece of misinformation will hit FP.
Let's wait.
It's already on the FP.
So... sad?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by phantom(m): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
as usual,nigerians are clutching at straws. we are pained once again that a needle has been driven through our ballon of self importance.once again we are crying over the disrespect shown to us by other nations.why is it hard for us to understand that we will never be taken serious until we GET IT RIGHT AT HOME.i dont care if we singlehandedly liberated other african nations from colonialism,as long as purposeful leadership is still a mirage,we will remain a joke! LET US GET IT INTO OUR HEADS,WE ARE A ONE HELL OF A JOKE OF A NATION. WE HAVE NOT EVOLVED! Who gave us this false air of importance for Gods sake? We are not a nation.why? Because this country has quick sand as its foundation.a weak foundation,a pot pourri of tribalism,hatred,violence,envy,laziness and religious fanaticism.we are not together,how then do we want other nations to identify us when we cant identify ourselves.this issue to me is like a man whose house is on fire, but is busy chasing rats. Jonathan was snubbed so bloody what?make una let person hear word this afternoon.the weather is too hot.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OgologoDimkpa: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
APC e-worriors are on rampage angry

Sad loosers
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Joyeux: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
O sharrap.Must the 91 head of state all talk?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by hotwax: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
agabaI23: Point of Correction

Nigeria is snubbed not Jonathan. You should see it that way and keep quiet except you don't have shame!

Obasanjo can never be snubbed like that. FACT
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OgologoDimkpa: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
tboycares: I watched the live broadcast on cnn. Even obasanjo was sighted in the crowd but mr. President is no where to be found. I guess the govt of south africa are being ingrate for not recognising nigerian efforts during the struggle.
Either you're suffering from Myopia of hypermetropia.
GEJ was acknowledged to be present okay

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OgologoDimkpa: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
Joyeux: O sharrap.Must the 91 head of state all talk?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ifyalways(f): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
If the 90+ presidents in attendance should give a speech then this funeral may never end.

On a lighter note,Jona should shrug it off,even Musiwa the Onimap was not recognized. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by plaindealer: 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
hotwax:

Obasanjo can never be snubbed like that. FACT

We really should have sent OBJ instead of this weak and timid man that commands zero respect even from cats and dogs...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by coolshegs10(m): 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
So Jonah no go give speech there,again? Na wa o... sad
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by agabaI23(m): 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
taharqa: Even Nigeria was NOT snubbed anytin. One President per Continent was choosen by d Organisers to speak on d occasion on behalf of their Continent I suppose. The Namibian President spoke on behalf of Africa, Period. And even if we wanted to use 'who contributed most to d AntiApartheid movement', did Nigeria contribute more than Namibia or any other Southern African country for that mata?... For God's sake, why shld this even be an issue? And why am I even on such a sillly thread??
Your point is well taken. All correct sir! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Beync(f): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
This is so silly, why go this extent to discredit your opponent? Huh
GEJ was recognized, even from his arrival to fmb. I watched the program, even thou he was not among the list of speakers but they acknowledge his presence.
Nawa o, if this is how people spread false news am beginning to wonder how far they can go.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OgologoDimkpa: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
shizzle11:

what truth? how was Jonathan snubbed? was he not allowed into the venue or was he not welcomed when he arrived?

If however you want us to believe its the truth considering the role Nigeria played during the apartheid struggle in SA, then the post should have been 'Nigeria snubbed' and not 'Jonathan snubbed'.

Anyways, I do not expect any less from the APC internet dogs to be rational in reasoning as long as it involves Jonathan.

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OAM4J: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lilimax:
Yeah, with the part Nigeria played during apartheid regime, we should have been given a chance to say something.

Be it as it may, the bitter truth message has been sent to all Nigerians home and abroad.
The earlier we arise and re-build our nation and its dented image, the better for us.

It dosen't end at throwing insults on our President; we should do the bits we can individually...

I cannot agree with you less. About time our core value both home and abroad become "Nigerian First". What is the point of spending billions in aids, support and peace keeping missions only to be treated as insignificant when its time to give honour to whom it's due?

Reason why I disgree with the sack of Gbenga Ashiru as Foreign affairs Minister. That was one Minister who accepted no rubbish for Nigerians everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by OgologoDimkpa: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaindealer:

We really should have sent OBJ instead of this weak and timid man that commands zero respect even from cats and dogs...
Nwa mkpi like you sad

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Forwetinnah: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: If i have not been watching the burial in cnn station i would have believe this rubbish.MANY SHOUTS OF JOY AND HAPINES FOLOWED GEJ AS HIS NAME WAS MENTION.

We should understand that people like the OP are on every social media trying to paint GEJ black and rubbish his personality, they're also good in misleading a few who don't watch some of the programmes they claim to be getting updates from..you go vex taya if you take them "sheriously". IGNORE the joor. Come to think of it F.W Klark hasn't aged at all..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Jymsyno2004yahoocouk(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
somethings like this article make me believe apc has embarcked on intensive media campaign against the gej administration. Its just very obvious!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ekweremadu's Kidney Donor Visa Application Letter To British High Commission / Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years / Bukola Saraki Appointed Ambassador-At-Large International Human Right Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.