Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (66545 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by mrphysics(m): 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
if they snub or leader, do u we join them also Never, so can Nairalanders Give a hand of applause to our great president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by clicking "LIKE"

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by solomon111(m): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
BluIvy:

Nigerians are known for their ignorance. Who did not? Sanctions is a UN call not Nigeria or Botswana. Stop! You ignorance is embarrasing Africa. After all you are receiving the most Aid in Africa. Do yo want the countries giving you aid to come to your door step to collect on their goodwill? What have your parents taught yu about giving. Really disgusted by this!
Shut up and get lost.
Your botswana country of not more than 10million is a non-entity.
Definitely can't be compared to Nigeria in status,diplomacy or economy now or in the future.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
hercules07:

It is no anomaly, the reason SA is visa free to citizens of the UK is because they are not rushing in droves to the place, if SA sees that UK guys are coming to settle down in their country, they will change their entry requirements.
Ok, I now understand.
We just hope that things continue to improve in Naija.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kgr28(m): 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
steve_cantrell:

Granted !

But the point I'm trying to make is Mandela was only a human like the rest of us ! And I'm not trying to hold brief for Nigerian leaders and the damage they've done in over 5o years.

To be fair to your Mandela, he didn't have much of a choice, he was not in any position to call the shots from his jail cell. There was a limit to which he could bargain on behalf of black south africa.

You see, your country was and is still run by Jews, this is why Israel didn't support the end of apartheid, nor did they attend today's memorial.

Your president, a black man, is very powerful but all his decisions about your country are subject to a secret veto.
Or do you think it was your president that authorised the police to open fire on those mine workers ?

As long as there is gold, silver, diamonds lying beneath your land, black south africa's progress will continue to be carefully 'managed'.

Nigeria's case is a different but tragic kettle of fish altogether.

jews jews are running usa not sa...

maybe you dont understand the role madiba played! Reconcilliation, when he came out he had a choice civil war or peace thats why hes being celebrated...and it was close to civil war when chris Hani was killed.

anc had a vision, madiba was elected to bring peace, then mbeki to fix the economy...then they lost the plot with zuma, when they recalled mbeki from office. mandela is being celebrated for the kind of person he was...

all wanted is sa should have killed or chased whites out of sa, and take over everything. now black were given enferior education, black couldnt do anything to better their lives. now how can you take over all the countries institutions and businesse in 20 years, when the blacks are still recovering, try to fix the education left by the whites, when blacks dont have expertise? it will take generation to fix what whites did, and we are making progress since 94.

nigeria is helping people just cauše they want to be given praises, pat in the back and recognition. when they cant help themselves.

i mean what kind of country where universities go on strike for 5 mnths, then you whant to be taken seriously?? like for real.

stop bittching nigeria did this and that for sa, so are other countries.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by NafeesaAA(f): 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
Tomorrow Liberia and Serria Leone will forget that we sacrifice many souls for them to have democracy.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by madnigerian: 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
The basic problem with Nigeria is that we complain about corrupt leaders, then turn around and vote for them.

We do not vote for visionaries.....which is why said visionaries end up leaving the country.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by zinaunreal(m): 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
ocelot2006:

And another DAFT BABOON shows up!! Hey f@&kface, ever heard of NORTH AMERICA and SOUTH AMERICA?! And you think the cause of your 5th WAEC/GCE resit exams is an old lady in your village when you waste your time watching nollywood movies and engage in brain-numbing activities?!

GO AND READ YOUR F@%KING BOOKS BOY!!!!!!

MAGOT! Did they U don't know wat a continent is. If I knew you in real life na slap I for give you every morning. Did they tell you they are separate? FOUL! Chai! Nairaland has produced Genius , Mad men and Rats. See this Rat.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ocelot2006(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Originalsly: Hate him or love him......Fashola has spoken the bitter truth.

WHAT "BITTER" TRUTH?! Like his masters and EVERY OTHER anti-GEJ e-cockroach & rats, he cried "wolf" when there was non. All for some CHEAP political points. It is disgraceful and I am TOTALLY disappointed with Fashola.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by 50calibre(m): 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Are people surprised at the snub? C'mon anyone could have predicted that. This isnt new, Nigeria is constantly snubbed by the international community.

people need to realise Nigeria is getting increasingly inconsequential in world affairs of today, an international pariah. it's best you prepare your mind for more of these. The world is evolving, evolve with it or get dropped behind, you just can't keep grappling with the same issues for decades & expect to be taken seriously.

It's time Nigerians rise & revolt against this shambles they call a government, or can keep decieving themselves. When You look at GEJ, you see a square peg in a round hole, he looks completely out of place, completely clueless, completely lacking of any leadership quality or charisma, now you can disagree if you like, the end shall tell.

Failure has no friends.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by nairamaniac: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
deor03: I listened live to when our dear president was introduced. The was huge roar from the crowd in the stadium.

what the OP stated is very untrue
that there was a biggg roar, doesn't mean there was enough acknowledgement. The op is in order. He meant our voice was meant to be heard thru a tribute from our representative(jonathan). This is not a direct shame on jonathan however, but a shame on all other leaders that presided him. Why it rubs on jonathan is that his government is not doing any better than the rests. We need a complete u-turn in this country. We need a very very strict leader. My people I tell u, what we need as a priority is "decipline". Not "development". It is our desperation for development that leads to extreme-corruption. We need to be able to leave within our means on any level. We need help. And we need to realise that its wee the masses that owns the government and democracy.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ocelot2006(m): 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
zinaunreal:

MAGOT! Did they U don't know wat a continent is. If I knew you in real life na slap I for give you every morning. Did they tell you they are separate? FOUL! Chai! Nairaland has produced Genius , Mad men and Rats. See this Rat.

You are a LOST case.
READ YOUR BOOKS!!!

Continent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

Coconut head!!!!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
person no tlk 4 burial nobi offence
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by iterator25: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
50calibre: Are people surprised at the snub? C'mon anyone could have predicted that. This isnt new, Nigeria is constantly snubbed by the international community.

people need to realise Nigeria is getting increasingly inconsequential in world affairs of today, an international pariah. it's best you prepare your mind for more of these. The world is evolving, evolve with it or get dropped behind, you just can't keep grappling with the same issues for decades & expect to be taken seriously.

It's time Nigerians rise & revolt against this shambles they call a government, or can keep decieving themselves. When You look at GEJ, you see a square peg in a round hole, he looks completely out of place, completely clueless, completely lacking of any leadership quality or charisma, now you can disagree if you like, the end shall tell.

Failure has no friends.
guy, that dude na person papa o lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Johnjack: 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
Well there is always a reciprocation of things like that..So when our own IBB or Obasanjo dies we will
reciprocate and snub S.A.,ha ha ha!
South Africans shouldn't celebrate because i know that the man that holds the edge has departed to great beyond
and soon center can not hold itself in S.A,I wish them luck and more prosperity.
Nigeria will be good one day when Aboki removes the evil machination of born to rule.
Long Live federal republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by iterator25: 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
kgr28: jews jews are running usa not sa...

maybe you dont understand the role madiba played! Reconcilliation, when he came out he had a choice civil war or peace thats why hes being celebrated...and it was close to civil war when chris Hani was killed.

anc had a vision, madiba was elected to bring peace, then mbeki to fix the economy...then they lost the plot with zuma, when they recalled mbeki from office. mandela is being celebrated for the kind of person he was...

all wanted is sa should have killed or chased whites out of sa, and take over everything. now black were given enferior education, black couldnt do anything to better their lives. now how can you take over all the countries institutions and businesse in 20 years, when the blacks are still recovering, try to fix the education left by the whites, when blacks dont have expertise? it will take generation to fix what whites did, and we are making progress since 94.

nigeria is helping people just cauše they want to be given praises, pat in the back and recognition. when they cant help themselves.

i mean what kind of country where universities go on strike for 5 mnths, then you whant to be taken seriously?? like for real.

stop bittching nigeria did this and that for sa, so are other countries.

Kindly search this key words on Google, who really runs south africa there are some interesting articles in the results.. I hope it clears your clouded brain

The boers had nukes, mandela knows taking any action against them would result to the annihilation of black south Africans.. the truth is, anyone could have made the same decision as mandela, That's why critics believe he's overated.. so dude, relax and enjoy the legacy.. ANC has done Well on 'maintenance' and 'upgrade'.. we all know who calls the crucial shots however
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Leorichy: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Acidosis:

Roar from who? Nigerians hunting for daily bread in white man land South africa?

lol
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Horus(m): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
solomon111: Shut up and get lost.
Your botswana country of not more than 10million is a non-entity.
Definitely can't be compared to Nigeria in status,diplomacy or economy now or in the future.

Botswana enjoy 24 hours of electric power per days. It is better to be a "a non-entity" with electricity to run businesses rather than be the Giant of Power Failiure of Africa

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by hikmoj(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Oya over 2 u ppl pro jona
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kgr28(m): 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
iterator25: Kindly search this key words on Google, who really runs south africa there are some interesting articles in the results.. I hope it clears your clouded brain
am a south african i dont google ma own country, to know whats going, so those jews you refering to have long been sa citizens, so are germans,portugees...so to you owning a business in sa you autometically run sa? so who runs nigeria? sa? britain? china?india? they all have businesses in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by iterator25: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Horus:

Botswana enjoy 24 hours of electric power per days. It is better to be a "a non-entity" with electricity to run businesses rather than be the Giant of Power Failiure of Africa
what's their population again? I believe 2000mw is enough for 20million Nigerians.. I stand corrected
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Johnjack: Well there is always a reciprocation of things like that..So when our own IBB or Obasanjo dies we will
reciprocate and snub S.A.,ha ha ha!
South Africans shouldn't celebrate because i know that the man that holds the edge has departed to great beyond
and soon center can not hold itself in S.A,I wish them luck and more prosperity.
Nigeria will be good one day when Aboki removes the evil machination of born to rule.
Long Live federal republic of Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin grin grin lwkmd!!!!! it's all good
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kgr28(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
iterator25: Kindly search this key words on Google, who really runs south africa there are some interesting articles in the results.. I hope it clears your clouded brain

The boers had nukes, mandela knows taking any action against them would result to the annihilation of black south Africans.. the truth is, anyone could have made the same decision as mandela, That's why critics believe he's overated.. so dude, relax and enjoy the legacy.. ANC has done Well on 'maintenance' and 'upgrade'.. we all know who calls the crucial shots however
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Horus:

You must be referring to a different Botswana:

http://thepatriot.co.bw/power-outages-hurting-business-badly/

By the way, power failures are common to virtually all developing countries from India to Brazil and Mexico. If you need proof I'll be happy to oblige. Thanks.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
Js passin joor,make una comot from road...mtshew,m talkn moni;u"re toking mandela

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by iterator25: 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
kgr28: am a south african i dont google ma own country, to know whats going, so those jews you refering to have long been sa citizens, so are germans,portugees...so to you owning a business in sa you autometically run sa? so who runs nigeria? sa? britain? china?india? they all have businesses in nigeria.
you have comprehension issues undecided too much cannabis I presume
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kgr28(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2013

whatever...am not good in arguing, so we never gonna agree with each other. so whatever makes you go through the dark night and jerk off, I agree with you, since you know a lot bout SA.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kgr28(m): 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
iterator25: you have comprehension issues undecided too much cannabis I presume
yeah you should try it. and I guess you understand more than I do...and good for you mr smart guy.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Nigeria has embarrassed me again. I wonder what manner of people are in Government.

The death of Nelson Mandela was an ample opportunity to score some political points in the international stage.

I watched as our clueless president bungled the opportunity. It is really a shame that the government does not think about the welfare of its citizens.

All the help that Nigeria renedered to South Africa during the time of the struggle would have been highlighted and used to secure its place in the commity of nations.

I sounded this warning a while ago and up till now nothing was done.

it is now crystal clear that Nigeria and Nigeria's policy is just for the rich. Imagine Abdulmuttalab (the Xmas day bomber) Nigeria sent a lawyer to "observe" the trial. And comon to send a plea to stop the death sentence of a Nigerian is not possible.

The simple reason being that Abdulmutallab's parents are rich and connected and the other guy, a common Nigerian.

My point: A simple media propaganda and reminder of the important role Nigeria played in the South African Struggle, would have helped to polish our image a little and quell the stereotyping and xenophobia on Nigerians living in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by solomon111(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
Horus:

Of course,it shouldn't be too difficult to supply 24hrs electricity to less than 10million people.
I wonder what they've done with all their electricity,as they've better power supply than even india.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Akiika: 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
He no get credibility, so dem no want any dent on the image of the great Madiba.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by fadamekus(m): 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
CAPITAL HELL to them cos am loving ma country NIGERIA more and more
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Malawian(m): 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
AjaraEwuro: So The President of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan didnt make a speech at the memorial service for Nelson Mandela, but so what? Critics have gone to the social media to say he was snubbed. Haba, what about over 90 other head of states who never made a speech? But critics will be quick to say Nigeria is the giant of Africa hence the President should have made a speech, if it pains you, why not go to the podium by force and ask that you want to make a speech on behalf of Nigeria?

you dey mind them? why didnt Tinubu make a speach during the democratic convention? shey he claimed he was invited to the "ring-side" grin grin seat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

DJ Switch To Canadian Parliament: How Soldiers Shot At Us At Lekki Toll Gate / South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg / Major-General Farouk Yahaya Poses In His Office (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.