Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? (26748 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? / Tell Us About Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by shakur07(m): 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
So many crazy threads on NL !! Chai
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by igwedexy: 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Well I dnt knw becos I am not married and I am not even thinking of getting married yet.......PISS OFF
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by divex(f): 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
nairaland, una no go kill person. But its true sha, our naija ppl can marry for some nonsense reasons especially we women.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by mkoabiola: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
All of d above.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by miqos02(m): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
i knew i was going to marry her immediately we started dating

3 Likes

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by MrFlexible(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
First she said 'Missed my period'.. I did it again. Then 'missed my paragraph'. I did it again then she said 'missed my coma and apostrophe'
Finally, I did it again after which she said 'missed road'. So I said thank God say u don knw say u miss road..

I got over it and didn't break; but continue; with the next member on the array of girls.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by otosa(m): 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
93% of couples married just after " I don miss my period". grin grin
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
steffans: all Na marriage...
what u should be worried about is d understanding in d marriage..
in weddings d beginning doesn't matter.. just make sure its rooted in God!"!!

U are very correct. God is the most important in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
otosa: 93% of couples married just after " I don miss my period". grin grin

Please where is your source?

1 Like

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by crusufixo(m): 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
segzy14: .

Please where is your source?

Abeg help me ask him ?
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
otosa: 93% of couples married just after " I don miss my period". grin grin

tell us your source now.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Abel202: 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
[b]Very funny post indeed.
Mine was exactly "Honey I went to the hospital and the Dr confirmed am 3 months gone".
Before I got this news, she made sure I was out of the country on a trip that would take me a minimum of 3 months before coming back. So when I replied "pls honey, you know I love you and we have plans to settle down, but I have some projects at hand. Let me complete it as we planned then we get married. So inform the Dr to abort it".
Her reply was, "I can not do that again, I vowed to God that I will never do that again if it entered again". I was like - "but you should have informed me when you made such a serious vow".
Well fast forward it, 4 months later I was married. 2 months later we got our first baby.
Now 7 years later am the happiest married man on earth with three lovely kids.
Now I wish my wifey had even been more assertive even 3 or more years earlier than that.
Problem is that most Nigerian guys fear marriage. We want to get all the money, build some house, put everything in order before getting married. If our girls don't hep us with the push, we might keep postponing marriage till 40 years and above.
Although I still miss the fact that I never got the opportunity to ask " Will you marry me", I am very happy that I was slightly pushed into the marriage earlier than I would have done if left alone. Because after the marriage, the projects still got completed and the kids are growing and giving me so much joy. But bottom line is that the lady in question was the love of my life and I had already concluded I would marry her but only when I was ready.[/b]

18 Likes

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by captcochrane(m): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
igbati mi o go, its even a taboo in our haus to mari a girl lyk dt, she must miss her period: nd wedding go happen lyk 2 months b4 delivery
dt is y we always sing "a ti segbeyawo tan, a tun n bowa komo" meanin we don do weddin, we stil dey come 4 namin
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by yungdamaz(m): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hilarious topic
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by jeddyMay(f): 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
See Topic...... cheesy

following with my beatles car with cold water for hand grin
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
jeddyMay: See Topic...... cheesy

following with my beatles car with cold water for hand grin

i like this

1 Like

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Lilimax(f): 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mine was 'I will like to spend the rest of my life with you'.
and my reply was let me pray about it wink
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Yemlizzy(f): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
What an amusing thread.Frankly speaking most marriages today had no little or no plans until the unpreventable happened.Its very rare to see ladies getting married with no signs of a welcoming baby to go with on the honey moon.its often nice to plan and go through the courting process and the likes before the much anticipated wedding with the lady not having signs of an incoming baby.

3 Likes

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by osram(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
WA JOKO marriage is the best

1 Like

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Ibotex(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
How does it affect the price of Fish that has increased in the Market
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ibotex: How does it affect the prices of Fish that has increased in the Market

what do u mean by this? Can u explain ?
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by explorer001(m): 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ngokafor: *rolls eyes*...like seriously?...
..anyway @ op i've got three words for you..mind your business!!

LOL....Its like urs started with "oga, i don miss my period"

1 Like

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by explorer001(m): 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
Monstertrucks: My marriage started with,Mr man,if u no marry my daughter wey u gif belle so,I go use this cutlass for ur head. undecided grin doing tragic

LOL...this is...."oga, i don miss my period" + "by force, by fire"
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by geerem(f): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
grin , i cant help but laugh
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
They won't say the truth!!no be naija!!!
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Cabme(m): 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Chillisauce: Anyhow your marriage question starts, be it
1. Baby I'm pregnant
2. Baby, we are having a boy
3. When you gonna see my parents
4. When will you put a ring on it.
5. Baby, There is this man coming for my hand in marriage but I told him I already have a fiance grin
6. I'm the first child in my family, and they want me to settle down before 25 yrs, you know i turned 24 last month tongue
7. E plenty o, the koko be say you don marry.

Now the work is how do you stay in marriage.
For more info, contact me on dublu dublu dublu dot chilisauce dot co dot ng.

sad
make i add
1. You know i am now a graduate
2. Three of my course mate have invited our dept for their marriage
B-)
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
MissIndependent: Dem go talk true? undecided

Abi o!
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by nobilie: 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mine was,
Me; baby, when last did you see your period?
My GF; I've been expecting it but I think it's due to changes in my boby.
Me; I think you are pregnant.
I keep track of records so I knew something must have happened. In fear we went for test and waited for the result. Then the Dr called and said, congratulations you are pregnant. Imediately my life changed.
For two days I didn't talk about it. I simply said to myself, I'll never kill my baby.
I went for loan in the bank, did all the traditional rights, court wedding and then, we started leaving as husband and wife.

It was very stressfull as we had to rush everything we did.
Now my baby is somee months old and makes me happy when I look at him. I am happy I didn't abort my baby and I accorded respect to my wife and her family. I've been blessed since then. My pain is that as a catholic, court wedding is not recognised until I wed in the church.
It's mixed feelings as I wouldn't have loved to rush but do it right.

My advice is do it right but abortion is not a way out as it will face u all trough your life. Family life is interesting as I now think far ahead all day.

3 Likes

Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
nobi_lie: Mine was,
Me; baby, when last did you see your period?
My GF; I've been expecting it but I think it's due to changes in my boby.
Me; I think you are pregnant.
I keep track of records so I knew something must have happened. In fear we went for test and waited for the result. Then the Dr called and said, congratulations you are pregnant. Imediately my life changed.
For two days I didn't talk about it. I simply said to myself, I'll never kill my baby.
I went for loan in the bank, did all the traditional rights, court wedding and then, we started leaving as husband and wife.

It was very stressfull as we had to rush everything we did.
Now my baby is somee months old and makes me happy when I look at him. I am happy I didn't abort my baby and I accorded respect to my wife and her family. I've been blessed since then. My pain is that as a catholic, court wedding is not recognised until I wed in the church.
It's mixed feelings as I wouldn't have loved to rush but do it right.

My advice is do it right but abortion is not a way out as it will face u all trough your life. Family life is interesting as I now think far ahead all day.

more grease to your elbow
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by topsco(m): 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
fijiano202: Oga period no gree come ooooo and they tell me for church say make i no abort embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided

na to go search for where the period is hiding....maybe missed road, lost on its way to life, or just dey vex to come home.
Re: Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? by iroza(f): 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mine started with u fit marry me !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.