Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! (1469 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Have A Problem With Being 'Friends With Benefits'? / 40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by donogaga(m): 6:13am On Oct 09, 2014
In many cases, if a guy/man can’t be a friend to a girl/woman he certainly can’t be anything romantic. For me, friendship is the foundation of a great relationship and love. Far too often people jump from relationship to relationship seeking a feeling, but they are truly operating out of lust. There is a lot that goes into a relationship, but the foundation has to be friendship. However, today I want to address the reason why guys/men may not desire to be your friend.

I do realize some of the reasons I am about to share may seem judgmental or unfair; however, some of them will be common sense.

1. Questionable past with guys/men.... ÷
Many men are quick to judge women for their past, because secretly men like the fun girls. However, when he is ready to settle down he wants nothing to do with the girl/woman who drinks, clubs, or anything else that reminds him of his player past. However, this doesn’t mean you should lie about your past, because the right man will understand and love you regardless.

2. On the other hand, if you are a woman who is “practicing abstinence”÷... and the guy has casual sex intentions, he will not want to be your friend if it won’t lead to sex (which is strictly his intention). As I always say, the character of a man matters more than anything else he brings to the table. So, a guy like this who doesn’t want to be your friend is a good thing.

3. You use the words “let’s start as friends.”.... ÷
For some men this is code speech for “I am not interested in anything, but a friendship”. Ladies, allow the man to set the pace and learn to maintain healthy relationships without getting emotionally involved too soon. If he truly desires something real with you, he will seek a friendship with you. If he wants to have something more down the road, the friendship will allow both to know if it’s possible or even a wise move.

4. The way you act or behave in public.... ÷
If a man has a hard time seeing you as classy, sophisticated, stylish, and graceful it will be hard for him to pursue even a casual friendship with you. I remember, about three years ago or more, I was out with a female friend celebrating a new job. Little did I know, she was so loud and completely without manners. In every other situation I shared with her, she was always the model lady. I guess in restaurants and after a few glasses of wine, she changes. I still remained her friend even after feeling embarrassed.

5. You major in pushing guys/men away and having shallow relationships.... ÷
A man wants to know you have strength, meaning he can be flawed and your love doesn’t change. Nothing scares a man more than knowing, if he fails or something happens, the woman he loves will walk away from him. You can be a ride or die lady without losing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by chimerase2: 6:18am On Oct 09, 2014
*still sleeping* angry
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by donogaga(m): 6:20am On Oct 09, 2014
chimerase2:
*still sleeping* angry

Sleep tight!!!
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by chimerase2: 6:21am On Oct 09, 2014
donogaga:

Sleep tight!!!
no I de sleep loose undecided
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by Favour2424A(f): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2014
Ok.
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 09, 2014
O my God I'm starting this day with a list
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by iceberylin(m): 7:10am On Oct 09, 2014
6:ŤĤĔŶ Áre ĞÁŶ angry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by Infomizer(m): 7:23am On Oct 09, 2014
In one sentence... If she's just not his type...
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by Dbestmax(m): 7:46am On Oct 09, 2014
I don't know y..buh...
I jst don't believe u
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2014
undecided undecided
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by iaatmguy(m): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2014
yes cos I might begin to develop feelings towards her which might lead me to misbehave
Thereby this might cause crisis with me and her boo( if she has one)
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by CoachDX: 9:04am On Oct 09, 2014
I think, the "lets start as friends" or "lets be friends for now" is one of the dumbest reply a lady can give a man. It's as simple as a "NO" if you don't want him, a "YES" if you desire his kind and "I NEED SOMETIME" if you're not sure at that moment.

The point is, how do you tell a guy that approached you with love in his head, emotional sweats all over his body, feelings kicking his heart out, to be friends with you? Friendship takes years to build and if he hasn't been your friend before now, you never can know him well enough to call him a friend now. Just let the poor boy go instead of getting hit. Know that if he agree to your wish, his head is not really defining friendship but love.
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by balaclava: 9:21am On Oct 09, 2014
A man looses when in a platonic relationship with a girl (friend zone). The girl will enjoy all the benefits of having a boyfriend like collecting his money, asking 4 his physical help, drive her somewhere, buy her recharge card, take her shopping etc, but what has the girl to offer? Nothing serious!
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by dmcdad: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2014
Dbestmax:
I don't know y..buh...
I jst don't believe u
For me, it doesn't make much of sense... No offence@op.
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by Lawstudent: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by Wiseb(f): 10:23am On Oct 09, 2014
Its been a while i saw such an intelligent writeup on dis section, aw cn u date sum1 u r nt frnds wif,, u pick a mate out of ur frnds nt a frnd out of ur mates. God bless u op
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by nykolaax(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2014
Advice!!!!! don't let a girl friend zone you if you av another motive than being just friend. otherwise it is game over
Re: Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! by Pervert1(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2014
Keep that thought! Brb

(1) (Reply)

Miracles Do Happen!!! / Meet 28yr-old Man Arrested For Having 4 Wives,7 Fiancées & 5 Girlfriends / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.