Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year (4158 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
aManFromMars: U really don't want to go down this road with me. wink
Honestly. smiley

grin grin
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
She need me around. I cant betray my words.....I will come back and check your inputs on Igbo Spirituality and your opinion on Dr. James Watson degrading of Africans. Till then.....she got me
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Kendzyma(m): 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
Learnt dat athiest can neva stp hiding unda d canopy of "coincidence"
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
1. I leant that Nigerian Atheism isn't as free minded as I thought.

Most of u atheist have nothing new, u only relay wat ur Asian, European and American masters have said.

2. Pagans are not enough in on NL or even in Nigeria. We need more people coming back to the ways of their ancestors.
Note: paganism is not about worship.

3. Christians are brainwashed to think Israel's God is their God, they forget their ancestors and don't know their history trying to trace their origin to Israel

4. Muslims are worse group of religiously affiliated people. They are simply Arab slaves, should be cast out of society and given free one way ticket to Saudi Arabia
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by vickyO(f): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
aManFromMars: U really don't want to go down this road with me. wink
Honestly. smiley

I think he wants too.

# teamAMFM
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
rationalmind:

The analogy you gave doesn't really follow because you were talking about a forum dedicated to FSM. This forum isn't dedicated to Yahweh. So, the analogy doesn't follow.

Actually, FSM does not refer to Yahweh alone. It represents any religious deity from sango to Buddha. This is a forum dedicated to religious deities, and correct me if I am wrong, you guys believe in none. You don't even concede they may exist, and you think we are all just a bunch of mental cases.

So it begs the question - what are you guys doing here? angry angry
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
rapture_ready:

Actually, FSM does not refer to Yahweh alone. It represents any religious deity from sango to Buddha. This is a forum dedicated to religious deities, and correct me if I am wrong, you guys believe in none. You don't even concede they may exist, and you think we are all just a bunch of mental cases.

Buddha is not a deity.

He is a spiritual teacher

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
macof:
3. Christians are brainwashed to think Israel's God is their God, they forget their ancestors and don't know their history trying to trace their origin to Israel

Yes.

Except Israel's God's missionaries came to our shores, tore down the shrines of our gods, destroyed their alters and abolished their worship - and our gods stood by and did absolutely nothing!

Where was Sango's fabled thunderbolts, or amadioha's mighty wrath etc.?

We were not brainwashed, we only chose to side with the greater power... grin

*dancing*

Jesus power, super power
Jesus power, super power...

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
macof:

Buddha is not a deity.

He is a spiritual teacher

Waever.

As if.

*rolls eyes*
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
rapture_ready:

No, the forum isn't dedicated to religious deities. Its dedicated to religion as a whole.

Lol, telling you the truth.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by texanomaly(f): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
I learned that there is a pretty diverse group of people in this section, and I have grown to love them all. This is not in spite of our differences. It is because of them. My year has been made all the better for knowing my new friends here. It's been quite a ride. Thanks to all those who have welcomed me. The blessings just keep coming. My cup runneth over. smiley

And for a few of you...SMH
You know who you are. wink
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
rationalmind:

No, the forum isn't dedicated to religious deities. Its dedicated to religion as a whole.

Lol, telling you the truth.

Yes.

And you guys say religion is a form of "mental illness"

So again, what the *beep* are you guys doing here? angry angry
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
rapture_ready:

Yes.

And you guys say religion is a form of "mental illness"

So again, what the *beep* are you guys doing here? angry angry

Telling you the truth.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Ranchhoddas: 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
I cannot begin to list all i have learnt...they are just too plenty,tnx to the good,the bad and psychos.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
rationalmind:

Telling you the truth.

Really?

The truth or what you believe to be the truth?

Here's an interesting proposition, how about you guys leave us alone to find the truth out for ourselves?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
rapture_ready:

Really?

The truth or what you believe to be the truth?

Here's an interesting proposition, how about you guys leave us alone to find the truth out for ourselves?

Not what we believe to be the truth but what we know is the truth.

And just how will you do that? You need someone most times to tell you what you don't know.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by vickyO(f): 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
texanomaly: I learned that there is a pretty diverse group of people in this section, and I have grown to love them all. This is not in spite of our differences. It is because of them. My year has been made all the better for knowing my new friends here. It's been quite a ride. Thanks to all those who have welcomed me. The blessings just keep coming. My cup runneth over. smiley

And for a few of you...SMH
You know who you are. wink

wink wink
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by MrTroll(m): 11:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fight don end? undecided
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by DKJaleel: 4:39am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Yes.

Except Israel's God's missionaries came to our shores, tore down the shrines of our gods, destroyed their alters and abolished their worship - and our gods stood by and did absolutely nothing!

*dancing*

Jesus power, super power
grin grin they doing nothing now means they are powerless?? They aint just st.upid as ur god who acts before he thinks...
..and again, being powerful is not about being overly aggressive, wisdom beats that and that's the core of the african way. But thanks to duns like you, it's gone awry for us....
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Ishilove: 5:35am On Dec 12, 2013
I've learnt that being religious and being spiritual are two very different things. I've learnt that atheists are a very confused bunch. I've also learnt that love is what has kept the world from imploding.

I have also realised that so many people need deliverance from the spirit of NL.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 5:39am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Yes.

*dancing*

Jesus power, super power
First of all it's stupiid to refer to ur God wit a "g" and "G" to another God.

This shows how extremely brainwashed u are.

So it's a waste thinking of a reply for u, because u can never get it
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 5:54am On Dec 12, 2013
macof:
First of all it's stupiid to refer to ur God wit a "g" and "G" to another God.

No it isn't.

God defeated them all, which shows he is the bigger God, so he gets to keep the big "G".

grin

macof: This shows how extremely brainwashed u are.

So it's a waste thinking of a reply for u, because u can never get it

That just means you gat natin 2 say...

F.L.O.O.R.E.D.

Hehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 6:03am On Dec 12, 2013
DK Jaleel:
grin grin they doing nothing now means they are powerless?? They aint just st.upid as ur god who acts before he thinks...
..and again, being powerful is not about being overly aggressive, wisdom beats that and that's the core of the african way. But thanks to duns like you, it's gone awry for us....

Well, you gotta admit that it's pretty ominous the way them missionaries came, declared them powerless - and went ahead to back up their claims by destroying their shrines and alters...

If amadioha had roasted the first missionary who came near his shrine with fire, do you think our forefathers will have turned to worship God?

Do you know how many people have tried to abolish christianity? Well, God didn't just sit up there and do nothing wink
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by texanomaly(f): 6:03am On Dec 12, 2013
Ishilove: I've learnt that being religious and being spiritual are two very different things. I've also learnt that atheists are a very confused bunch. I've also learnt that love is what has kept the world from imploding.

I have also realised that so many people need deliverance from the spirit of NL.

grin
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 6:30am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Well, you gotta admit that it's pretty ominous the way them missionaries came, declared them powerless - and went ahead to back up their claims by destroying their shrines and alters...

If amadioha had roasted the first missionary who came near his shrine with fire, do you think our forefathers will have turned to worship God?

Do you know how many people have tried to abolish christianity? Well, God didn't just sit up there and do nothing wink

smiley the Jews were carried into Babylon like bag of beans, Hitler murdered their millions, Christians killed in natural disasters, terrorist attacks against Christians.

Now does this mean Yahweh is weak?
Pretty much so.

Amadioha and many of your Alusi don't fight for worshipers. Freedom is paganism.

That's why we don't evangelize in the first place. We don't need evangelism, every sensible human being should live with his consciousness that is linked with his identity. You reject ur identity u can't be a pagan.

Paganism is not about worship
It is the tribal way
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 6:36am On Dec 12, 2013
Ishilove: I've learnt that being religious and being spiritual are two very different things. I've also learnt that atheists are a very confused bunch. I've also learnt that love is what has kept the world from imploding.

4 profound truths in 4 simple sentences in one post.

Post of the year.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2013
macof:

smiley the Jews were carried into Babylon like bag of beans

The babylon thing was as a result of their sins. They were warned a few million times, and failed to take heed. Forewarned, forearmed. Babylon wasn't the first nation to attack them, were they? The same God had protected them every other time and defeated their enemies in outrageous ways before. Wasn't his fault they refused to listen that time...

macof: Hitler murdered their millions

And where is Hitler now? He lived to a ripe full age and enjoyed a peaceful, prosperous life? He didn't murder himself also and is not currently chilling out in hell?

macof: Christians killed in natural disasters, terrorist attacks against Christians.

So what? One way first class ticket to heaven. If you die by choking on a plate of indomie, or in a natural disaster, what does it matter if you get to heaven?

...And God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes...

macof: Now does this mean Yahweh is weak?
Pretty much so.

Nah.

He just has his ways. wink

macof: Amadioha and many of your Alusi don't fight for worshipers. Freedom is paganism.

That's why we don't evangelize in the first place.

Little wonder then that you guys have so few followers. Even atheists are evangelising their crap, so you guys may need to realise we live in an era of product packaging, branding and advertisement... grin

macof: We don't need evangelism, every sensible human being should live with his consciousness that is linked with his identity. You reject ur identity u can't be a pagan.

Paganism is not about worship
It is the tribal way

This part is just total horseshit...
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:18am On Dec 12, 2013
Amanfrommars.....morning.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:32am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Yes.

Your God was defeated in Judge 1:19. By ordinary men.

Do you even know what Sango is? Let me enlighten you. Sango the divinity of lightening is a powerful electric charge that cause thunder. Maybe you are in another planet and doesn't know the benefit of lightening.

• Lightning, as best modern science understand, is a channel of electrical charge. (the personified Sango is electrical charge)

• Thunder is a direct result of lightning. (the effect of Sango)

• Lightning can have 100 million to 1 billion volts, and contains billions of watts.

• The earth benefits from lightning in several ways. First, lightning helps the Earth maintain electrical balance. The Earth is recharged by thunderstorms. The Earth's surface and the atmosphere conduct electricity easily. Thunderstorms help transfer the negative charges back to Earth (lightning is generally negatively charged). Without thunderstorms and lightning, the earth-atmosphere electrical balance would disappear in 5 minutes. Lightning also makes ozone-producing chemicals. (can Yahweh perform like this? Sango balance planet earth from been lost in the space.)

• One benefit of electricity to the human body that most people aren't aware of is stimulation of bone density/growth. Electrical current is involved in the function of all the nerves of the body. (Sango make you alive today. You can stop the electric pulse in your system so that your heart stop beating....also your brain can have electric shock so that you begin early epilepsy.)

Only if you know that spirituality is different from religion. Yahweh is the god of the hills.... Nature force or Deities are needed to manifest and manipulated for the benefit of nature.

*dancing*

Jesus power, super power

You were not brainwashed? Dont even bring that.

Only if you christian knows that Jesus....Iesous mean 'Hail Zeus'. Lol
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

No it isn't.

God defeated them all, which shows he is the bigger God, so he gets to keep the big "G".

grin

That just means you gat natin 2 say...

F.L.O.O.R.E.D.

Hehehehehe

Only if you know that yahweh is the god of the hills. Lol

Do you want me to show you where he is referred to as 'god' in the bible?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 7:46am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

The babylon thing was as a result of their sins. They were warned a few million times, and failed to take heed. Forewarned, forearmed. Babylon wasn't the first nation to attack them, were they? The same God had protected them every other time and defeated their enemies in outrageous ways before. Wasn't his fault they refused to listen that time...
result of their a sins or blessings from the God of Babylon.

But true communities do suffer for their sins.

Like Africa is suffering for it's sins...this is why we must seek atonement with the God of our fathers house

And where is Hitler now? He lived to a ripe full age and enjoyed a peaceful, prosperous life? He didn't murder himself also and is not currently chilling out in hell?
So is Moses wink

So what? One way first class ticket to heaven. If you die by choking on a plate of indomie, or in a natural disaster, what does it matter if you get to heaven?
Die before achieving ur primal goals in life is nothing compared to living ur life to it's fullest. Heaven is not running away

this life is were they would all come back to finish their mission

No wonder Muslims do suicide bombing undecided

Nah.

He just has his ways. wink
apply this theory to Your fathers God

Little wonder then that you guys have so few followers. Even atheists are evangelising their crap, so you guys may need to realise we live in an era of product packaging, branding and advertisement... grin
spiritual knowledge doesn't call for adverts. Those with high consciousness would seek for truth.

Because horseshit is wat u have in ur skull
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Ishilove: 7:49am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

O my... shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Atheists Handle Morality In The Absence Of God / Disadvantages Of Keeping Malice (true Life Story) / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.