Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year (4154 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mr Troll: I see you like fighting.

First, I wasn't referring specifically to the Yoruba traditional religion. I said ALL and then put being in bold.

Secondly, many ifa adherents will disagree with you considering that they worship whatever it is they consider orisa to be. It will be quite absurd to worship, say, gravity.

So what exactly do pagans like macof do?

Firstly, you haven't seen me defending other traditional Gods. Adding, Orisa are not beings.

Ifa is practically spirituality. I opened a thread for that too. Ifa mean body of knowledge. Pls why are you closing down everything on religion? Fine I worship my parents. Does that make them supernatural beings?
Is something sacred? Yes, say I with Nietzsche. I could not pray to it, but I can stand in affirmation of its magnificence. This world is sacred.”
― Daniel C. Dennett

macof should answer what he does.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
You worship your ancestors, as the Christians worship Jesus, Mary, the Saints.

Na wa.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mr Troll: I see you like fighting.

First, I wasn't referring specifically to the Yoruba traditional religion. I said ALL and then put being in bold.

Secondly, many ifa adherents will disagree with you considering that they worship whatever it is they consider orisa to be. It will be quite absurd to worship, say, gravity.

So what exactly do pagans like macof do?

Ifa adherents don't necessarily worship anything. Ifa says Ori l'aba bo, a ba Orisha sile Orunmila here advices that we should first honor ourselves by feeding our consciousness and leave any God aside

As u have a low consciousness you can never understand.

Your case is like- A child who was born in the bush without knowledge of wat the valley is like, you enter the valley and live among valley dwellers but find it difficult to live without that bushly habits so when u see those living on the mountaintop u assume they are the same as the bush dwellers

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

Ifa adherents don't necessarily worship anything. Ifa says Ori l'aba bo, a ba Orisha sile Orunmila here advices that we should first honor ourselves by feeding our consciousness and leave any God aside

Your case is like- A child who was born in the bush without knowledge of wat the valley is like, you enter the valley and live among valley dwellers but find it difficult to live without that bushly habits so when u see those living on the mountaintop u assume they are the same as the bush dwellers

He will tell you Ori is one monster too. Lol
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
For examples here, consider money as being worshiped in the capitalistic world, and/or the scientific method by many self-proclaimed atheists. People worship money, sports, celebrities, science, countries and such. When it takes on an all-important role in your life, it becomes worship.

And he compared this with Worship of Jesus. Some people self.....robot better pass them

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by nnofaith: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
sango is electrical energy?! what a lie of the century. the same sango that stays in ajule orun (heaven) with olodumare, the same sango that came down to earth and became an Alafin in Oyo town!. you guys are jokers. Olodumare is energy! energy ko powerhorse ni!

3 Likes

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by nnofaith: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
aManFromMars:
Disbelief in foreign gods.
If you dont support your local BS, who will?!
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by MrTroll(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

this is exactly what Christians say when cornered. Mysteriousnessseessseess.

I ask again, do you guys worship any deity abstract or sentient? Giving examples of money or parents is simply escapist.

Do you, for example, invoke sango to strike down evil doers etc?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
nnofaith: sango is electrical energy?! what a lie of the century. the same sango that stays in ajule orun (heaven) with olodumare, the same sango that came down to earth and became an Alafin in Oyo town!. you guys are jokers. Olodumare is energy! energy ko powerhorse ni!

Like I said.

Spiritual knowledge is not for the religious
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by nnofaith: 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

Like I said.

Ifa is essentially anchored on three principles. which are knowledge,humility and sacrifice. what are you offering sacrifice to? energy?! like i said earlier you guys are jokers.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

Like I said.

Why do you honour that close minded dude with reply? There are answers for him already, it too hard to accept. So let him be.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mr Troll:
I ask again, do you guys worship any deity abstract or sentient? Giving examples of money or parents is simply escapist.

How is it escapist?

I worship my parents. I worship money, my gf, and my phone.

where did I or Macof claim to be Sango adherent or Aworo Sango?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
nnofaith: Ifa is essentially anchored on three principles. which are knowledge,humility and sacrifice. what are you offering sacrifice to? energy?! like i said earlier you guys are jokers.

English term corrupt many things. Ebo mean nourishment. Wife nourish (bo) husband. What they nourish Orisa is a congealed energy. Everything in nature is energy.

Use that to build the puzzle. I love seeing people thinking.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 11:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mr Troll: this is exactly what Christians say when cornered. Mysteriousnessseessseess.

having high consciousness doesn't mean believing wat I believe

It means .....I am getting tired of stating the importance of consciousness and Ori so read... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness

www.ifafoundation.org/the-ori/

We have been through this, <<< this is where ur low consciousness is visible.

Sentient beings have organic features and Orisha are not sentient, not skydaddies who party and sit on thrones.

They are forces of nature, the very core of universal existence.

Of course yes, Sango can be cajoled to Manifest

I have seen Osun manifest with my own eyes
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by MrTroll(m): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

having high consciousness doesn't mean believing wat I believe

It means .....I am getting tired of stating the importance of consciousness and Ori so read... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness

www.ifafoundation.org/the-ori/

We have been through this, <<< this is where ur low consciousness is visible.

Sentient beings have organic features and Orisha are not sentient, not skydaddies who party and sit on thrones.

They are forces of nature, the very core of universal existence.

Of course yes, Sango can be cajoled to Manifest

I have seen Osun manifest with my own eyes

thank you. That is all.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Ishilove: 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Firstly, you haven't seen me defending other traditional Gods. Adding, Orisa are not beings.

Ifa is practically spirituality. I opened a thread for that too. Ifa mean body of knowledge. Pls why are you closing down everything on religion? Fine I worship my parents. Does that make them supernatural beings?
Is something sacred? Yes, say I with Nietzsche. I could not pray to it, but I can stand in affirmation of its magnificence. This world is sacred.”
― Daniel C. Dennett

macof should answer what he does.
You sound like Guru Maharaj Ji
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:04am On Dec 14, 2013
Ishilove:
You sound like Guru Maharaj Ji

Even devil will shout blood of Jesus. Lol.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:08am On Dec 14, 2013
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.....

For Nofaith and Amanfrommars.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Ishilove: 12:28am On Dec 14, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Even devil will shout blood of Jesus. Lol.
Guru is not the devil, from what I know about him. smiley
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by nnofaith: 12:56am On Dec 14, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

English term corrupt many things. Ebo mean nourishment. Wife nourish (bo) husband. What they nourish Orisa is a congealed energy. Everything in nature is energy.

Use that to build the puzzle. I love seeing people thinking.
lol! nourishment as in vitamins? you are definately lost.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 9:01am On Dec 14, 2013
nnofaith: lol! nourishment as in vitamins? you are definately lost.

Have u ever heard of natural disasters?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:29am On Dec 14, 2013
nnofaith: lol! nourishment as in vitamins? you are definately lost.

Let me use two case here. I charged you to think but it seem your brain is not functioning well. Let me help.

Ile nje eniyan.... Meaning the earth eats human.... Does that mean earth eat protein?

Mo ti fun oju mi lounje.... Meaning I have given my eye food. Does that mean my eye have teeth, tongue and stomach which it use for digesting food?

It has been said....common sense is not always common. Lol
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:32am On Dec 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Guru is not the devil, from what I know about him. smiley

nope. Am not saying guru is devil. I mean your statement is ironic.

'devil will shout blood of jesus'....just a ironic joke. For example, if monkey see Obj, he will thank God. Lol
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by nnofaith: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Let me use two case here. I charged you to think but it seem your brain is not functioning well. Let me help.

Ile nje eniyan.... Meaning the earth eats human.... Does that mean earth eat protein?

Mo ti fun oju mi lounje.... Meaning I have given my eye food. Does that mean my eye have teeth, tongue and stomach which it use for digesting food?

It has been said....common sense is not always common. Lol
So if i am a driver i will nourish ogun energy by beheading a black dog at ogun's shrine and after doing the nourishment ogun protects me from accident. lol! you are just wasting your time. some of us are yoruba too and we can see through your charade. using fancy words to re-package and re-brand yoruba myths.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 11:47am On Dec 14, 2013
nnofaith: So if i am a driver i will nourish ogun energy by beheading a black dog at ogun's shrine and after doing the nourishment ogun protects me from accident. lol! you are just wasting your time. some of us are yoruba too and we can see through your charade. using fancy words to re-package and re-brand yoruba myths.

Anybody who claims to be Yoruba but doesn't understand wat I and Foly have been saying is not Yoruba but a bastard child who knows not his ancestry
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by nnofaith: 11:50am On Dec 14, 2013
macof:
Anybody who claims to be Yoruba but doesn't understand wat I and Foly have been saying is not Yoruba but a bastard child who knows not his ancestry
Lol! like i said you guys are comedians
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by nnofaith: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
macof:
Inu bibi mi o fi ise mi ronhan..........
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by wiegraf: 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Energy, like say gravity, that needs to be defended with threats, just like good 'ol yahweh. Requires mumbo jumbo to work. Featuring, but not exclusive to, incantations, sacrifices etc. You can even speak to them using talking dollies (what thread was that again sef?), after you give some dude N100 ie. Find your pastor and pay your tithes, the holy spirit will show up then. Also, pray a lot.

Oh what is this, this 'energy' is some sort of manifestation of 'the ancestors'? They're 'alive' and with us? And they can make us faster than usein bolt and bullet proof as well? Or is it faster than a speeding bullet and able to leap over skyscrapers? I'm guessing like xtian prayer, it can also cure HIV?

You complain about vir.gin births and jewish zombies?

And even more bizarrely, call yourself an atheist??

Folly comes in all shapes and sizes.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nofaith whether u are Christian or atheist

Yoruba or non Yoruba
You know nothing about anything Yoruba

So if u claim to be Yoruba, which I disbelief. You would have to prove it.

If you can't prove it then you have no right to claim I am rebranding Yoruba spirituality since u know nothing about Yoruba

Just because ur dull brain hasn't been exposed to such constructive and pantheistic explanation doesn't mean I am changing it.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by nnofaith: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
macof: Nofaith whether u are Christian or atheist

Yoruba or non Yoruba
You know nothing about anything Yoruba

So if u claim to be Yoruba, which I disbelief. You would have to prove it.

If you can't prove it then you have no right to claim I am rebranding Yoruba spirituality since u know nothing about Yoruba

Just because ur dull brain hasn't been exposed to such constructive and pantheistic explanation doesn't mean I am changing it.

lol! consult orunmila, he should be able to tell your sorry arse if i am yoruba or not.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by usermane(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Too bad. A quality thread,starting with a good op, but hijacked by atheists and pagan.

Thus far, i have leant in religion section that:

1. "FAITH", a word constantly used by muslims and christians is nothing but an euphemism for "following the bandwagon", be it the largest, loudest or most colourful bandwagon. If you ask the 99% of Muslims or Christians to give you evidence for their beliefs, you 'll notice that they don't have. Dogmas, dogmas and dogmas is what they recite to you.

2. Majority of Muslims and Christians do not follow their scriptures, even the most religious minded among them. They reject God 's revealations,twist God 's verses to suit their agendas,confound truth with falsehood, repelling others from the path of God. I have observed this very much especially with Muslims because they live around me. And my experience in Islam for muslim section is a confirmation.

3. Majority of Muslims and Christains are intollerant of and cannot avoid double standard. Again, personally i have had a first hand experience of this in Islam for Muslim section, where they keep banning and deleting posts when their fallacies are exposed. They cannot endure people who reject dogmas for empirical evidence, they cannot endure people that think. They want everyone to follow the herd without questioning.
And this is contrary to what God teaches us(John 8:32, Qur'an 17:36).

4. The whole Section is occupied with fanatics and extremists who have turn the section to "we vs them". Such people have a repulsive attitude of one upmanship and holier than thou.
For instance, the existence of a separate section for Muslims and the warning notice there for posters gives a bad impression about the muslims. Its like telling others, "hey, we r bigger than sharing a section you, we don't wan't to have anything to do with you, this is our section, not yours and we can do what pleases us. Stay away from here and let us be".

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
I once said I want to make you think. Since you asked a rhetoric question, I had to ask you back in explanatory process so that we can proceed on another. You cant move away from where you knocked down without sound understanding and move to another rhetoric question. Lets do it step by step.

nnofaith: So if i am a driver i will nourish ogun energy by beheading a black dog at ogun's shrine and after doing the nourishment ogun protects me from accident. lol! you are just wasting your time. some of us are yoruba too and we can see through your charade. using fancy words to re-package and re-brand yoruba myths.

I will deal with the above. Note you asked this question

nnofaith : lol! nourishment as in vitamins?

And your incoherent question was littered with reasons here

FOLYKAZE : Ile nje eniyan.... Meaning the earth eats human.... Does that mean earth eat protein?

And to your question on sacrifices of dog to Ogun, will Ogun eat the meat? There is answer for that though. Let see how you understand nourishment before we proceed. And if you rant buddy, I might ignore you straight away.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Islam Is Not For Non-arabs: Al-quran / The Solution To The Problems Of This World Is Adoption Of A True Religion / Jesus Never Existed. It Is A Roman Fabrication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.