Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year (4157 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Ishilove: 7:51am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Only if you christian knows that Jesus....Iesous mean 'Hail Zeus'. Lol
Lobatan. Folake ti gbe tie wa... undecided
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by vickyO(f): 7:54am On Dec 12, 2013
Ishilove: I've learnt that being religious and being spiritual are two very different things. I've learnt that atheists are a very confused bunch. I've also learnt that love is what has kept the world from imploding.

I have also realised that so many people need deliverance from the spirit of NL.

Hmmm, ^^^^^^^ is deep.
Very true @ the bolded(s).
I would have bolded one but I don't want to attract bombarding.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2013
Ishilove:

Folykaze is extremely correct

Have u heard Italians and Spaniards call Jesus....it's always "E-zus" In Greek it's "Ie-zus" hail zeus! The king of the Gods
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by PastorOluT(m): 8:08am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready: Atheists claim God does not exist, but for some reason are obsessed with religion, particularly christianity...

grin
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2013
macof:

Have u heard Italians and Spaniards call Jesus....it's always "E-zus" In Greek it's "Ie-zus" hail zeus! The king of the Gods

The latin-greek word 'Jesus' = Je-Zeus (hey-zoos).
Zeus or dios is the Greek Sun God, hence "Sun"day worship. Coincidence? Na.

The days of the week are named after Gods.... Today is thursday....thanks to almighty thor.
Most of the Jew do not believe in any Jesus....but a brainwashed African can.

The same bible they are reading said each people shall walk in the name of their clan Gods. But rapture-guy who want to fly like a superman to the sky leave what belong to him for roman government invention

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:12am On Dec 12, 2013
Ishilove:

maami....emi na ko.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2013
Rapture Ready....I got an eye opening article for you. It titled 'SANGO IS POWERFUL THAN YAHWEH'.

Guy....sango is not powerful as you said. Why are you protecting your house from lightening? You should have not protect it so that you burn down with his wrath.

Why is your church and vatican using lightening rod? Lol.

When Sango voice, everything on earth bow. What form of manifestation is Yahweh possessed with?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 9:02am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Your God was defeated in Judge 1:19. By ordinary men.

You read Judges 2:20-23

FOLYKAZE:
Do you even know what Sango is? Let me enlighten you. Sango the divinity of lightening is a powerful electric charge that cause thunder.

I know what Sango is...

An old yoruba myth told to scare little kids into behaving...

FOLYKAZE:
[b]Maybe you are in another planet and doesn't know the benefit of lightening. [/b]

• Lightning, as best modern science understand, is a channel of electrical charge. (the personified Sango is electrical charge)

• Thunder is a direct result of lightning. (the effect of Sango

Except I studied electrical-electronics engineering for 5 years...

And you can't even speak correct english. grin

FOLYKAZE:
Only if you know that spirituality is different from religion. Yahweh is the god of the hills.... Nature force or Deities are needed to manifest and manipulated for the benefit of nature.

Only if you knew that both spirituality and religion differ from the urban myth you are selling...

FOLYKAZE:
You were not brainwashed? Dont even bring that.

Only if you christian knows that Jesus....Iesous mean 'Hail Zeus'. Lol

Jesus is also called "emmanuel" in the bible. What does that one mean?

Hail Artemis?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:20am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

You read Judges 2:20-23

And you shifting the post....deal with what is before you. Yahweh was defeated by foot soldiers...period.

I know what Sango is...

An old yoruba myth told to scare little kids into behaving...

Ignorance is a disease. False knowledge is death.

Sango is not and never a myth.

Except I studied electrical-electronics engineering for 5 years...

And Sango a spiritual term which translate to Electrical charge in scientific sense is myth? What is the manifestation of Yahweh. Years you studied Elect in school is not the itch here.

And you can't even speak correct english. grin

what matters is understanding what am passing through. The average chinese am working with cant speak english. The foreign language you speak is an evidence that you are oppressed.

Like fela said on colonial mentality....common german man speaks his language. What belongs to you is discriminated in schools and social gathering. If you cant understand me, I'm sorry....i cant help.

Only if you knew that both spirituality and religion differ from the urban myth you are selling...

Paganism is founded on spirituality. This is not christinsanity.

Jesus is also called "emmanuel" in the bible. What does that one mean?

Hail Artemis?

Jesus mean 'hail zeus'. You cant refute that. You have been deceived for age.

Jesus was nowhere called Emmanuel. No one, not even his parents, call him Immanuel at any point in the bible. Lie

Emmanuel mean 'El with us'. El is a canaanite God. Yahweh is one of the children of El. So whoever is Emmanuel does not have anything to do with Yahweh. #koo

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 9:37am On Dec 12, 2013
macof: result of their a sins or blessings from the God of Babylon.

The God of Israel predicted that years and years before it happened, warning them that he was going to allow Babylon overrun them if they continued in their sins.

Do you know what happened to the king of Babylon when he got proud and sought to gloat, thinking that he won the victory by his might, not that the God of Israel just permitted him to overrun Israel as punishment for their continued sins?

The God of Israel made him chop grass like ewu for seven years.

Where was "the god of babylon" then?

macof: But true communities do suffer for their sins.

Like Africa is suffering for it's sins...this is why we must seek atonement with the God of our fathers house

You mean the "god of our father's house" who let another God come into his own turf, destroy his shrines and take over?

When Darius the mede carried Israel captive, do you know what happened when he dared use just the cups and plates dedicated to the God of Israel for a party?

macof: So is Moses wink

Chilling in hell with Hitler?

Waeva

I guess you can believe whatever makes you happy.

macof: Die before achieving ur primal goals in life is nothing compared to living ur life to it's fullest. Heaven is not running away

this life is were they would all come back to finish their mission

And how do you know they have not achieved their primary goals in life?

macof: No wonder Muslims do suicide bombing undecided

The allure of 72 virgins is strong...

macof: apply this theory to Your fathers God

2000 years after, christianity still exists, having overcome thousands of attempts to wipe it out... It is arguably the most popular religion in the world and is still growing...

One single attempt by foreign missionaries and solders wiped out "your father's god", and his followers are daily going into extinction.

"Your father's god's" ways are not working.

macof: Because horseshit is wat u have in ur skull

The last part of that post was total horseshit. Considering the fact that whatever you post began as a thought in your head, I would say you are looking at the wrong head... wink
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Rapture Ready....I got an eye opening article for you. It titled 'SANGO IS POWERFUL THAN YAHWEH'.

When Sango voice, everything on earth bow. What form of manifestation is Yahweh possessed with?

So where was Sango's mighty voice when Yahweh's missionaries came into yorubaland and tore down his shrines?

Him been get cough?

Guy open you eye to reality O! Abeg O!!

FOLYKAZE: Guy....sango is not powerful as you said. Why are you protecting your house from lightening? You should have not protect it so that you burn down with his wrath.

Why is your church and vatican using lightening rod? Lol.

Because we know Sango is only an archaic myth and lightning is just electrical arc discharge between a negatively charged atmosphere and a positively charged earth?

Again, I ask you, where was his mighty wrath when his shrines were torn down? How difficult is it to fry a few missionaries with lightning?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

So where was Sango's mighty voice when Yahweh's missionaries came into yorubaland and tore down his shrines?

Him been get cough?

Guy open you eye to reality O! Abeg O!!

Why is your church using lightening rod?

Why cant you ask it to seize functioning in your body system? You dodged my questions to ask me this? Guy...you have only what you own.

Because we know Sango is only an archaic myth and lightning is just electrical arc discharge between a negatively charged atmosphere and a positively charged earth?

Tell us how Sango is a myth. Back it up with reasonable evidence. Correlate it Oriki (praise) with science.... Speculating here with words cant hold ground.

Again, I ask you, where was his mighty wrath when his shrines were torn down? How difficult is it to fry a few missionaries with lightning?

Lol.

You use what you have when you need it. What you have will always be either you use it or not.

Yahweh was defeated by foot soldiers. His children were killed in millions by Hitler. What is yahweh looking at when this people are killing his children? More than 50% israeli jew do not believe in Yahweh....95% do not believe in Jesus. Why is yahweh reluctant to this defeat?

And the BS jew neglect is what a mental slave from africa embrace.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 10:15am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Jesus mean 'hail zeus'. You cant refute that. You have been deceived for age.

Jesus was nowhere called Emmanuel. No one, not even his parents, call him Immanuel at any point in the bible. Lie

Emmanuel mean 'El with us'. El is a canaanite God. Yahweh is one of the children of El. So whoever is Emmanuel does not have anything to do with Yahweh. #koo

Matt. 1:23

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How does the bible destroy two lies with one sentence in one verse?

Totally awesome!!!
#ilovethebible
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:18am On Dec 12, 2013
Dp
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:21am On Dec 12, 2013
Dp
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:24am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Matt. 1:23

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How does the bible destroy two lies with one sentence in one verse?

Totally awesome!!!
#ilovethebible

The green part is wrong. Almah does not translate as virgin. How can I take error, inconsistence and fabrication as fact?

The red part said 'they shall call'. Show us where anybody or his parents called him Emmanuel in the bible. And show us where he claimed to be the Emmanuel.

Again... Emmanuel mean 'El with us'. Yahweh is not El. El is a canaanite God.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 10:47am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Why is your church using lightening rod?

Why cant you ask it to seize functioning in your body system? You dodged my questions to ask me this? Guy...you have only what you own.

Let me repeat myself...

rapture_ready: Because we know Sango is only an archaic myth and lightning is just electrical arc discharge between a negatively charged atmosphere and a positively charged earth?

FOLYKAZE: Tell us how Sango is a myth. Back it up with reasonable evidence. Correlate it Oriki (praise) with science.... Speculating here with words cant hold ground.

Science tells us that lightning is as a result of, I repeat, electrical arc discharge between a negatively charged atmosphere and a positively charged earth.

Not a result of some cranky yoruba fella hurling lightning bolts after drinking ogogoro...

You ever hear of the god thor in greek mythology? What, Sango is his evil twin? The Greeks have smartened up and put thor in the museums and tourist centres where he belongs. The yoruba are smartening up too.

You really should too...

FOLYKAZE: Lol.

You use what you have when you need it. What you have will always be either you use it or not.

So Sango decided not to use his mighty lightning bolts to save his own shrines and alters, and now he is surprised nobody worships him? Yeah, that sounds totally believable.

A more logical explanation is - he's just a myth. Like thor.

FOLYKAZE: Yahweh was defeated by foot soldiers. His children were killed in millions by Hitler. What is yahweh looking at when this people are killing his children? More than 50% israeli jew do not believe in Yahweh....95% do not believe in Jesus. Why is yahweh reluctant to this defeat?

And the BS jew neglect is what a mental slave from africa embrace.

No he wasn't. Did you read what I asked you to?

Hitler is paying for that even till today...

Those stats you posted are nonsense. Sorry.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 11:00am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The green part is wrong. Almah does not translate as virgin. How can I take error, inconsistence and fabrication as fact?

The red part said 'they shall call'. Show us where anybody or his parents called him Emmanuel in the bible. And show us where he claimed to be the Emmanuel.

Again... Emmanuel mean 'El with us'. Yahweh is not El. El is a canaanite God.

Waeva

Bigger falsehood to cover lesser ones.

First it was that there is no mention of emmanuel in the bible...

Now this...

Like I said to your pal @macof

Keep calling black white if that makes you happy...
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 12, 2013
Hehehehe, rapture ready is really doing a great job. All pagans have been doing is introducing the "you too" fallacy.

Your arguments have been very logical and sound.

Like i did say, pagans (at least the ones ive met on nairaland) just substituted some myths for other myths
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Let me repeat myself...

This doesn't explain how Sango isn't Electrical charge that cause lightening. He doesn't explain why church is using lightening rod.

Science tells us that lightning is as a result of, I repeat, electrical arc discharge between a negatively charged atmosphere and a positively charged earth.

Not a result of some cranky yoruba fella hurling lightning bolts after drinking ogogoro...

What does Yoruba spirituality say about Sango?

Oh too much of nollywood is bad. You think sango is a man or monster right? Anyway there was a king in the 4th century called Sango. This is historical sango not the energetic Jakuta. You know nothing.

You ever hear of the god thor in greek mythology? What, Sango is his evil twin? The Greeks have smartened up and put thor in the museums and tourist centres where he belongs. The yoruba are smartening up too.

You really should too...

Thor represent planet Jupiter the same way lucifer represent planet venus. So planet jupiter is in museum right?

Sango is electrical charge....lets see you pack whole electrical charge into a museum. Lol

So Sango decided not to use his mighty lightning bolts to save his own shrines and alters, and now he is surprised nobody worships him? Yeah, that sounds totally believable.

David temple was turned to ruins. What exactly was yahweh looking at?

You think Sango is a person? You got a long way to go....

Capital brainwashing..... Hitler is paying for that even till today in where?

Any evidence to point that he is paying for what he did?

50% of Israeli-jew are atheist. Go and figure. 95% of them do not believe in Jesus. Truth hurts. Lol

But a mentally enslaved and oppressed puppet licks the wound of the Israelites....what they recognize as trash is what African man is hugging.

Lost soul
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:15am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Waeva

Bigger falsehood to cover lesser ones.

First it was that there is no mention of emmanuel in the bible...

Now this...

Like I said to your pal @macof

Keep calling black white if that makes you happy...

Knocked down.

Lies...this is what I wrote:

FOLYKAZE : Jesus was nowhere called Emmanuel. No one, not even his parents, call him Immanuel at any point in the bible. Lie
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by raptureready: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Thor represent planet Jupiter the same way lucifer represent planet venus. So planet jupiter is in museum right?

Sango is electrical charge....lets see you pack whole electrical charge into a museum. Lol

After reading that, I think I should stop this discussion for the sake of my sanity...

Sorry @folykaze, you're a great guy and all but...
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind: Hehehehe, rapture ready is really doing a great job. All pagans have been doing is introducing the "you too" fallacy.

Like i did say, pagans (at least the ones ive met on nairaland) just substituted some myths for other myths

The mistake we all made is that natural forces were personalified and will only want to hold unto what we heard instead of digging out it meaning.

I wont disagree that superstitions were robed with some facts. Like example.. ...sango the king emit fire from mouth and nose. I dont know if this is truth but it sound like exaggeration to me.

Orisa to the best I know are not human. They are natural forces. So as for me, I prefer to pick sense out of whatever are said about Orisa.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:32am On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

After reading that, I think I should stop this discussion for the sake of my sanity...

Sorry @folykaze, you're a great guy and all but...

There are documents on internet you can read about Thor. If it contradicts my point, show it. Are we here to argue or learn? I think am here to learn to something. So prove me wrong that lucifer 'the morning star' is not planet venus. Or are you still holding unto the monster walking behind the wind with black robe holding a stick and kill people around? I even read once that there is a telescope in vatican called lucifer....does that mean the horned- devil is in vatican? You have been mis-informed.

Thor represent Jupiter. Jupiter is a roman God. Does that mean planet Jupiter is in the museum?

Thor (Norse Mythology)

* Jupiter or Jove, Summanus( Roman mythology)

And that is planet Jupiter today because our days of the week are named after planetary bodies.

Unfortunately, you only want to yield to what you were feed with. Cheers
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Ishilove: 11:39am On Dec 12, 2013
macof:

Jesus is the anglicization of the hebrew 'Yeshua'.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:44am On Dec 12, 2013
Ishilove:
Jesus is the anglicization of the hebrew 'Yeshua'.

Ma'am....abeg dont use big english if you want me to come in o.

Yeshua in English is best translated as Joshua. Do your research ma
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The mistake we all made is that natural forces were personalified and will only want to hold unto what we heard instead of digging out it meaning.

I wont disagree that superstitions were robed with some facts. Like example.. ...sango the king emit fire from mouth and nose. I dont know if this is truth but it sound like exaggeration to me.

Orisa to the best I know are not human. They are natural forces. So as for me, I prefer to pick sense out of whatever are said about Orisa.

I need you to clarify something before I reply. Are you actually saying for example what we call lightening in English is what yorubas refer as sango.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

I need you to clarify something before I reply. Are you actually saying for example what we call lightening in English is what yorubas refer as sango.

buddy my battery is weak. Read the content on this link. https://www.nairaland.com/1486568/plain-concept-eledumare-orisas-reality#19001043 I will add some things when I come back. Thanks
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Yes.

Except Israel's God's missionaries came to our shores, tore down the shrines of our gods, destroyed their alters and abolished their worship - and our gods stood by and did absolutely nothing!

Where was Sango's fabled thunderbolts, or amadioha's mighty wrath etc.?

We were not brainwashed, we only chose to side with the greater power... grin

*dancing*

Jesus power, super power
Jesus power, super power...
did Jesus came down from heaven to tear those shrines or with guns and bombs?
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
Skeeto, nice thread. But incase you and FOLYKAZE agree to go down that road, I have volunteered to be the pathfinder.
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
rapture_ready:

Smh u lack the blessings of Orunmila

Electric charges are wat produces lightening true. The same electric charges that keeps the body alive.

These are things our ancestors have known for thousands of years- wat modern science is just finding out(possible through the knowledge of ancient spirituality)

In santeria Cuba, Sango is the Patron God, he is praised as "he who keeps the body going" the Lukumi people have known this for centuries.

In Igbo, Alusi Amadioha is the counterpart of Sango. Amadioha is created as the "one who split the cotton to form gender"

Thor is Scandinavian and not Greek same as Amadioha and Sango

Many people steal Sango's statues used as Idols...he doesn't strike them with lightening. many have built down his shrines he doesn't strike them.

But he keeps showing love and doing his duty to the universe which NOBODY CAN CHANGE

Hitler is chilling with All ur Biblical prophets
Re: Lessons I've Learnt on The Religion Section This Year by macof(m): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind: Hehehehe, rapture ready is really doing a great job. All pagans have been doing is introducing the "you too" fallacy.

Spirituality is meant to be progressive like science.

Some stories which are told to help understand these forces better have been lost, some have been updated, some have been retained.

Science as a part of life is wat spirituality has exposed but with deeper insights and much symbolism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Holy Quran Converted Me (an Imam) To A Christian. / Dr. Sunday Adelaja, What Are You Still Doing In Ukraine? / Rhema For Living Devotional 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.