Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? (24426 Views)

She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? / Ladies, Was I The Only One Who Prayed For Big Boobs When I Was Little? / "I Only Stuck With Him Because Of His Money" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 18, 2013
I knew him when he was in a room apartment and had no money but yet I stayed. Now he got a nice job,a new car and a newly furnished apartment and even building his own house but he doesn't part with money,doesn't care about who he calls his girl.

He doesn't take one shopping,outing unless you force him. Has cheated but yet I forgave him even when his friends told me all he has been doing behind me but now, I want to get anything I want from him and make sure things are not only done his way.

I make new hair,shop for nice cloths and all he does is to admire them,he gave me an unreasonable amount of money and I rejected it. Was I wrong to do that even thou I wasn't dating him because of his money but am tired of his stingy attitude. Can he ever change from been stingy?

Naija girls and stingy. Na wa for una
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by macdelene(m): 6:15am On Dec 18, 2013
It baffuls me when it comes to spending money on ur GF u see guys all go wild and angry. Well I don't blame u guys. Ladies pls go and get jobs. And see hw intimidated they will be

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by nopecin(m): 6:22am On Dec 18, 2013
;DU did the right thing if only u are stingy with ur pu**y as well....
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Janeglitter(f): 6:24am On Dec 18, 2013
[quote
author=Big.game]
Why? Don't you love him enough to settle down with him,
or are you evaluating his said stingy attitude with money towards you?
which in that case makes you more concerned with his money not how he
treats you, not how you guys are compatible with each other or even if
you truly love him and vice-versa .
Op no offence but i think you are more concerned about his Owoh, ask me
why and i will show notable points from your first post.
[/quote]

2 cncernd abt his money ryt? n stood by him thro 'thin'. Imagyn ur thinking.
@op, ida u marry hym or u dnt. I bet u, he wont change. Dnt try to change him ida cz he wont. I've been in d situatn b4 n i simply walkd away. U aint asking 4 2 much, just a show of love n k and he kant. Do u think d love will fly in 4rm d window after u marry him?
UR DECISION...UR CHOICE.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by skillzbae(f): 6:29am On Dec 18, 2013
kajole: @op pictures

or

its a big fat smelling lie
Jeez, u r one funny human being, what do u want to see in d pix? D guys pockect or d gals new hair or mayb u want to see d guys heart to b sure he wants to propose?
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by optimism91(m): 6:40am On Dec 18, 2013
I understand your point of view but he is thinking of proposing and will soon come and see my people but am afraid on how I'll cope with his attitude.
You are complaining about how stingy he is now that you are still dating. Ok na, what makes you think he would change if you guys say I do? You better look for a good job to take care of your kids, to avoid (the story that touches). I wish you well
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by kokolet007(f): 6:58am On Dec 18, 2013
@OP this is a very delicate matter,Marriage is not a joke and I believe money goes well with love,there's nohow ur so called BF will loves u so much dat he will not want to show it by giving out a susbtancial cash or gift despite wot u guys has been through, am not saying HE MUST bt since the OP said he's financially okay then he has to care for his heart if truly she's his heart, I can't even imagin myself in such relationship,2face has been thick nd thin wiv annie bt now she's enjoying her husby wealth even bfor they were married, u dnt have to marry him bfor u enjoy him, when u marry the rite person Ur money is jus a plus!

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2013
Missmossy: Your type is kinda rare! You seem patient and stood with him in his trying periods and how does he make it up to you? The ball is your court.
He is under no obligation to repay her back in whatsoever form. She decided to stay because she wanted to, it doesnt matter what kind of liestyle he'z living right now, the Op did not write that she contributed to that lifestyle(something like she got a job for him or the likes). So whatever the guy gives her should be good enough. Ahba the guy get family na, siblings, and atrailer load of friends. So you want him to put them aside for only the girl? Abeg if she know like make she move on after all her make- up can never fail her on the field. Where many men await
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 18, 2013
I understand your point of view but he is thinking of proposing and will soon come and see my people but am afraid on how I'll cope with his attitude.
op dont be afraid, just do your thing and make your own cash! I understant he may have put you in d back seat due to your patient nature. Don't be agitated youre not just on his financial priority list at least not for now.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by divinelove(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2013
Being stingy is a relative word. Who is stingy to mrs A may nt b stingy to mrs B. So until u state d actual amt he gave u, i cant advice u. U act like he owes u sth, stayin wit him wen he was struggling was ur choice. I dnt kw y men who r nt wasteful with their money r termed stingy, he may just b an investor trying to create wealth. Again he is on a building project n he needs ur support/help in any form nt this ur negative attitude. A good wife is a helpmate nt d one dt makes d hubby waste his cash on her. Btw d part on cheating shld worry u more and nt acting like d rship is abt wat u r getting. U even didnt mention hw u supported him to grow bc u may ve stayed wit him in his tryin times bc of bad market on ur side ie no beta option n nw u r acting lik he owes u..

4 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by ooconsider(m): 7:15am On Dec 18, 2013
J[quote]I knew him when he was in a room apartment and had no money but yet I stayed. Now he got a nice job,a new car and a newly furnished apartment and even building his own house but he doesn't part with money,doesn't care about who he calls his girl.

Yhaayaayay.....m ,Na u give am d job? Abi na u furnish d house for him? U think that ur being around him at d time God decided to bless him is enough reason why he should share his reaches with u.
Have u taken time to study his actual earnings? Responsibilities (family)and his daily to monthly expeniture? And hw much he saves?
One thing with u girls is that u belive that any money u see with ur guy should be spent on u whether capital or gain otherwise he's not caring and does not love u. And u wil stil see dsame person boldly saying I didn't LOVE HIM COS OF MONEY.
No u didn't make a mistake rejecting d money, d truth is that u just made a savings for him, wish my girl wil learn same.....m

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by ndoota: 7:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Sisi,love counts more dan material things,if u love him,stay with him.meanwhile some men are born dat way,even women too. Understanding is important
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by dartsidius7(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2013
if I knew your bf, I would advice him to get you to sign a pre-nupt. if he is considering marriage. Why?

cos you did not consider him stingy when he did not have.
Cos, you like most women seem to quantify and calculate your man's worth without putting into consideration the fact that the car he is driving might have been bought with a car loan which he is still paying and still has to settle siblings, family and you.
Cos,, you have folks too, ask them for money. Ask your brother how he spends for his girlfriend.
Cos you still manage to tax a guy that's currently building a house cry . No mercy.
Cos he is not your father.

I once made some miscalculations with my money and bought a couple of things in anticipation of some funds I was expecting that did not come in on time. A girl that I used to give 5k for cab fare anytime she comes to visit (and she lives 20 minutes away oo, and came over like twice a week) saw those things and asked me for some money, thinking that I was buoyant at that particular period, where as, I had to burrow from my sister to survive till pay day. She actually called me stingy. cheesy (fvcking amazing)
I would understand if you want to dump him for cheating. But then all you will have left is optimism and hope that the next guy you will meet would spend on you and not cheat. (30 % chance)

The way I see it, you will dump him when you meet a richer guy.

NOWWWW, there are many sides to this story, 1. He might not even see you as a gf (only as lord of the ring). 2. He might not want to spend well until he has met your folks. 3. He just might be an A55, cos bad as e bad, a niccar has got to spend sometimes na (bdays, vals, etc)

Either way, if yyou are not happy with the way he is, Leave him.

And please stop all that crap about not being after his money, If you weren't concerned about his money, this thread wont even exist.

Even as couples, there have been times when my mum (God bless you mummy, Love you) would ask my dad for money and he would complain.

Oh and one more thing, How much is that unreasonable amount.? OP, go and make your own money and then nobody can do shakara for you. grin

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by ooconsider(m): 7:24am On Dec 18, 2013
mac-delene:
It baffuls me when it comes to spending money on ur GF u see guys all go wild and angry. Well I don't blame u guys. Ladies pls go and get jobs. And see hw intimidated they will be

No don't go and get job, wait for a guy cos na I'm born u. Girls make una get church mindooo! Make una pity us,we get a lot of responsiblity on us for U ar not our only problem.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Saecula: 7:46am On Dec 18, 2013
from the op's posts so far, she is level and cool headed, smart and wifely. The way she responsd to contumelious posts is becoming and ladylike and smarks of a cultured lass. Good deporment is a huge turn on for me and I prefer it to beauty anytime anyday.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by jmoore(m): 7:49am On Dec 18, 2013
Saecula: from the op's posts so far, she is level and cool headed, smart and wifely. The way she responsd to contumelious posts is becoming and ladylike and smarks of a cultured lass. Good deporment is a huge turn on for me and I prefer it to beauty anytime anyday.

All that glitters is not gold.
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by kokolet007(f): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2013
Ayoolla: He is under no obligation to repay her back in whatsoever form. She decided to stay because she wanted to, it doesnt matter what kind of liestyle he'z living right now, the Op did not write that she contributed to that lifestyle(something like she got a job for him or the likes). So whatever the guy gives her should be good enough. Ahba the guy get family na, siblings, and atrailer load of friends. So you want him to put them aside for only the girl? Abeg if she know like make she move on after all her make- up can never fail her on the field. Where many men await
Please remind us he has family nd friends , if the man really wnts to marry her nd love her, she should be first on his list or no oneelse, A stingy BF will end up to irresponsible father,while they will be nice nd updoing to extended relatives nd friends!
There's nothing wrong if he spoil his fiancee wiv what he have now because He wants to be her head, so he should show her he's capable of being her head afterall they have been together for a long time even when he's nothing!
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by repogirl(f): 8:01am On Dec 18, 2013
Guys are screaming ladies be independent, next thing they 'll start complaining the same woman is not submissive..... I sigh in French.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2013
I don't want to be pregnant outside wedlock. I have seen where people get pregnant for guys because they feel he will change. It worked for some but some got more than what they bargained for and became traped.
then leave! Why r u complainin?
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by kokolet007(f): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2013
ooconsider:

No don't go and get job, wait for a guy cos na I'm born u. Girls make una get church mindooo! Make una pity us,we get a lot of responsiblity on us for U ar not our only problem.
U r very funy wiv ur post, I can see the kind of man u will turn to, na ur wife go dey pay children skoolfEe, house rent, other bills because she's nt ur only problem.
U better find a Job, stop lazing around and be a man and stop expecting a woman to pity u, there are many responsible men out dre that send their wife outside the country for her masters nd PHD, set up business and also make it a duty to pay her bills despite the money the woman might have, God made u the head,if u like because of ur laziness make urself tail no be ur village people dey do u º°˚˚°ºoo
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2013
kokolet007:
Please remind us he has family nd friends , if the man really wnts to marry her nd love her, she should be first on his list or no oneelse, A stingy BF will end up to irresponsible father,while they will be nice nd updoing to extended relatives nd friends!
There's nothing wrong if he spoil his fiancee wiv what he have now because He wants to be her head, so he should show her he's capable of being her head afterall they have been together for a long time even when he's nothing!
fiance or fiancee is not equal to marriage, the relationship is nt sealed. I don see fiancee's wey bold leave d man after spendin heaven on earth. So if anybody is in need of money, such shud go out n work for it. Simple!
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 18, 2013
All these guys asking is he your father? ? Is it a bad thing spending on your girl once in a while, buy her stuffs, take her out..etc.. it even nourishes relationships..though both sides should be involved. .

Op, if your guy doesn't take you out, buy stuffs for you once in a while. ..hmmmm, I'm afraid you are on a long thing
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Pvin: 8:26am On Dec 18, 2013
@ Op, I can feel what that young guy is feeling about you too because I have a girlfriend that reasons like u.
This most be ur own flawss in the relationship.
1. Acting relgiously when the talks about sex with u. Will add more during my break time
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by safarigirl(f): 8:30am On Dec 18, 2013
Na so some guys dey pass better thing. If this girl leaves the bf tomorrow he may just end up with a leech. Some guys fail to realise that spending money on your woman is part of showing her much needed attention. You meet a woman who doesn't hassle you for money yet you treat her like some side chick that should be glad you're with her. Plus, the dude has cheated REPEATEDLY, make una cut the girl some slack, she don try, 97% of girls don't have time for this shayt. Some are asking if she's his wife that he should spend on her, @OP, I hope you've neither slept with nor cooked for him the entire relationship since he's not your husband.

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Matildachinyere(f): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2013
xtervaganza: if u really love keep praying for him then.

And are you sure he loves you? U said he's cheated on u b4
I tire o, ur entering into d institution of marriage wit him is quite risky to be honest wit u, someone Who doesn't spend a dime on u, has cheated on u before?!. If he cheated on you wen u are still his girlfriend, I wonder wat will happen wen u are married to him and pregnant at some point
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by GennyOma: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2013
i jxt wish i cn slap 95% of 'boys' on this thread, i pity ur gilfrnds. @topic- i still wonder y ure stil in a parasitic r/ship
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:38am On Dec 18, 2013
Isn't this topic too old to be on the front page?
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by louken(m): 8:46am On Dec 18, 2013
xtervaganza: You said he's developing his site? Have u considered maybe he's not really stingy and just putting all his money in the house project so u two can get married and move to d new house?

God bless you for this view. Ladies are usually concerned about immediate gratification without thinking of future. I'm presently engaged in a building project and the thing has stretched me to the limit. See, Op, many ladies are willing to take over your position. If you can't cope, by all means take a walk. Go and work and make your own money. Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by safarigirl(f): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2013
GennyOma: i jxt wish i cn slap 95% of 'boys' on this thread, i pity ur gilfrnds. @topic- i still wonder y ure stil in a parasitic r/ship
can you imagine? They're even saying he doesn't owe her, what arrant nonsense! If she was with him when he had nothing, you can imagine the amount of times she snuck food out of her father's kitchen for him, or how many times she lent him money for one thing or the other from SCARCE resources. What about the moral support? When he'd apply for a job and he wouldn't get it, who was there to give him hope? To make him feel like a man even when he had nothing, who stroked his ego? His mother? Or his siblings? Truly, husband materials are scarce in Nigeria if this is what our men have to say about a woman who has been FAITHFUL and DEVOTED to her man through hard times and just wants APPRECIATION like ANYONE would.

5 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by Laeroy(f): 8:53am On Dec 18, 2013
OP...why did u delete your account?............................I'm surprised
Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by troy20(m): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2013
if am after his money,I would have left him long ago.
then why the complain that he is stingy now? Is it all that the relationship is worth to you? You dont seem like a bright person sorry.i hate when guys go on about gurls being just after money.but your kind always pop out as an example.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong To Reject His Money? by safarigirl(f): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2013
Just like many men are willing to take the useless boyfriend's position. You think it's easy to find a woman who doesn't want to suck you dry even when you have nothing? Not like she asked him for money, she just EXPECTS it. Many of the bf's friends for don dey target the babe sef so no lele.
louken:

God bless you for this view. Ladies are usually concerned about immediate gratification without thinking of future. I'm presently engaged in a building project and the thing has stretched me to the limit. See, Op, many ladies are willing to take over your position. If you can't cope, by all means take a walk. Go and work and make your own money. Mtchewww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can You Do Without Sex On Valentine's Day? / Please Your Girlfriend Should Come First Before Football / Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.