Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

The IGR Debate - Reloaded! - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The IGR Debate - Reloaded! (24843 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by OmoTier1(m): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
ChinoElects: Omotier, this is the same Benin that oshomole borrowed 100billion
Even the picture you posted clearly has a sign post which says THIS ROAD BELONGS TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, yet you are blaming Oshiohomole shocked

You really get sense no be small oh wink Now show us what Obi achieved in Anambra in 7.5 years in office because I have shown you just a tip of the reality on ground in edo state
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
ichidodo: Until you grow the balls to do exactly that, We, igbos, be balling all over the Lagos Landscape till the next millenia

Hurricane does not need to grow balls, it comes like a thief in the night.

The storm and whirlwind is gathering. Never sleep with your two eyes shut because we are coming for you very very very very soon.

2015 is just around the corner. Answer sloans question.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Sloan: 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
ichidodo: Until you grow the balls to do exactly that, We, igbos, be balling all over the Lagos Landscape till the next millenia

You are still missing the point as you're so hung on ibos staying in Yoruba land. Well, as long as Nigeria remains, ibos will have the rights to live anywhere just like everybody else. However, that will not develop or increase the IGR of iboland! In fact, you are building another man's house while yours remains decrepit and economic activity low. This would continue until either Nigeria breaks into sovereign countries or the national conference alters the way Nigeria governs itself. When it does, you would have no legal rights to ownership or residency in those lands, why would you want that? It's not as though your hosts are not gaining a lot in the tax revenues and levies you must pay but I would rather pay a mortgage than a house rent!
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by OmoTier1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
basilo101:
Lol, let them compare it with this. This is Onitsha, totally built up by indigenous entrepreneurs
Look at time one mentioning Onitsha of all place shocked Onitsha is an URBAN SLUM
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Sloan: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
ichidodo: You mean the one gottwn from the link that has gone up in smoke? Do us a favour and spare us some of that crap.BRB

I can see you are still angry that the CBN official data tells that Iboland is lagging behind. I know it sucks to be at the bottom of the class but anger at the headmaster and teachers will not change your result. Smart students who are not perpetual failures up their game, not fight the result, kicking around like a little kid. This is 2013, how will the IGR of Iboland be different in the next iteration? By flooding to Yoruba land, you can be sure that we will keep getting richer at your expense! Do you know that the civil service and social services of a state runs on revenue of which taxes are significant part? It means that the mostly Yoruba employees and their families are paid generous salaries, estacodes, travel allowance, from your taxes, think about that! My point is after your anger, you still have not added N 1 to Iboland but made a lot more money for NL, owned by a Yoruba man!
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

Tell the world how the cashless policy has turned these twin cesspits of hell into a better presentable community?

As far as they are more presentable than yorubaland.
Is there any part of Yoruba land that can match the greatness of Onitsha?
No
Onitsha looks more like a city than all ur towns.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

If Lagos was not developed by IGR alone, are your states not collecting allocation too.

I will rather stay in the shanties of the towns you mentioned, than step a foot in the storey buildings of crime infested, crime ridden towns of Owerri Enugu Onitsha Nnewi or Aba.

I am more assured of security and better standard of living and longer life expectancy than those cesspits.
ur forefathers simply has no taste, if what they were building were Ibadan, akure, Oshogbo in the name of cities.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

No

Even what you typed caused a landslide in nnewi, tsunami on Onitsha and earthquake in Aba.

If the cesspit, next to hell is your dream slum, you are entitled to your dream. May God help you and your ignorance.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Sloan: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:
ur forefathers simply has no taste, if what they were building were Ibadan, akure, Oshogbo in the name of cities.

I wonder how this post will lift Ibo states out of poverty and low IGRs. Why worry about Ibadan, Akure and Oshogbo, places that were city states and domain of the Great Yoruba Oyo Empire since the 1400s? Oyo today still has more land or about the same size of all 5 Ibo states and the IGR is in top 5 (without oil). Why don't Ibos face their own problems rather than chasing shadows?
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

At least they still tried. Where are the palm
Frond huts of your cave forefathers. Ours is still standing gidi gba like bagco super sack after 500year. Nothing was handed over to you by your own. Says so much about your republican tendencies. Republican ko confederacy ni.

My forefathers were building cities yours were busy building huts and fighting bare chested in the market square.

Like I said, always pay royalties to the British and samuel Ajayi Crowther.

Cities all over the world shows evolution by having the old part that is usually over 200years and the new part. You were never privileged to have the old, you can never appreciate such an artifact. It is like asking a toddler what he thinks about Mona Lisa painting when he can easily play with his leggo.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Sloan: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

No

Onitsha? Are you serious? Is it not the same Onitsha myself I have been to or is it a different one? Picture >>

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Sloan: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nozi, is this not the same Onitsha people are covering their noses? BTW, Onitsha is the way you pass on the way to hell (inner Onitsha and Iboland).
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by atlwireles: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan:

I wonder how this post will lift Ibo states out of poverty and low IGRs. Why worry about Ibadan, Akure and Oshogbo, places that were city states and domain of the Great Yoruba Oyo Empire since the 1400s? Oyo today still has more land or about the same size of all 5 Ibo states and the IGR is in top 5 (without oil). Why don't Ibos face their own problems rather than chasing shadows?

So the IGR of Lagos, Rivers, Delta and Edo has to do with oil? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Take your time and review the breakdown of the numbers. grin grin grin grin
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan:

Onitsha? Are you serious? Is it not the same Onitsha myself I have been to or is it a different one? Picture >>

Sloan you have their time to be posting pix. They think the building of storey building shows modernization. They don't know it shows want of space and land. Where will they even build, when nature has claimed 2/3rd of their red mud land.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:
Are these all you got? Compare the aforementioned with Honeywell, Caverton Helicopters, Skyway Aviation, Airline services and logistics, Bi- Courtney, First nation, Global fleet, Chicken republic, Yale foods, tantalizers, sweet sensation, Tastee fried chicken, mama cass, Nicon insurance, vigeo, livestock feeds et all too plenty

this is why most yorobars are cows. so u are listing fast food outlets and chewing gum houses as manufacturing outfit. all the the Igbo companies I gave u produce one tin or the other.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by achi4u(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
MajeMedia:

LOL at how many igbos are barbers. So how is cutting our hair? Chinko? hahaha
Ebonyi state is very much not typical igbo land, every igbo knows this. It doesn't make the people of Ebonyi better or worst but culturally everyone know Ebonyi state is different.

You're not an igbo and thus wouldn't know who owns what mansion in what village. The igbos you know are the igbos that come to your state. If you believe they're the only igbos that exist or that everyone in Imo state with no port is a professional importer that one is your own, but if I were to judge the yoruba from the yorubas that come to igboland i would assume all yorubas are market women.
@Oga Majemedia I salute you very much and how you tackle most of the replies thrown to you.
But I'm highly disappointed the way you dented the image of Ebonyi state in this thread,abeg did you even read what you write before you post it?
How can you rub peter to pay paul? you keep denigrating Ebonyi state and its people to win an argument ...have you forgotten that Ebonyi secondary school contingent had lead this nation two times in international quiz competition? ...then where is ur mighty state.
In fact you did more harm to this thread than you could imagine.
You are not even happy that one of the SE state deed well in IGR?

you are a saddist and very lucky one that I did not see this thread on time

Fuuuiucccck you Maje-nonsence

Olukwu odeku
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
I must sincerely salute my brother Mazi Ichodo for slaying these dirty smelling treacherous yaribas. even an army of akpa amus couldn't cause a scratch. you really pummeled their oily head. tanx
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
achi4u: @Oga Majemedia I salute you very much and how you tackle most of the replies thrown to you.
But I'm highly disappointed the way you dented the image of Ebonyi state in this thread,abeg did you even read what you write before you post it?
How can you rub peter to pay paul? you keep denigrating Ebonyi state and its people to win an argument ...have you forgotten that Ebonyi secondary school contingent had lead this nation two times in international quiz competition? ...then where is ur mighty state.

Olukwu odeku

Pls don't be offended. I know he did make those comments to ridicule our great Ebonyi
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

this is why most yorobars are cows. so u are listing fast food outlets and chewing gum houses as manufacturing outfit. all the the Igbo companies I gave u produce one tin or the other.

So your ewu doesn't realise how big the candy market or fast food market are in nigeria. Ewu reasons with their asses. That is what you just exhibited.

10naira chewing gum for 10million kids per day times 30days and 12 months is how much.

Calculate it and show the world which of your backyard factories can achieve that in 12years. This are not companies that import or produce sub-standard goods. Even Inoson, how many of his cars have you bought.

You lack business intelligence.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by MajeMedia: 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
achi4u: @Oga Majemedia I salute you very much and how you tackle most of the replies thrown to you.
How can you rub peter to pay paul? you keep denigrating Ebonyi state and its people to win an argument ...have you forgotten that Ebonyi secondary school contingent had lead this nation two times...then where is ur mighty state.

Olukwu odeku

It's not an insult to say Ebonyi state is different from the rest of igboland. Ebonyi state isn't crowded like other igbo state (Enugu is spacious too), this is differnt, Ebonyi state has a diversity of indigines from other tribes, this isn't typical, and many other things...different doesn't mean bad or worst, Ebonyi is doing things with agriculture that I can only dream Imo starts doing.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ChinoElects: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Even the picture you posted clearly has a sign post which says THIS ROAD BELONGS TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, yet you are blaming Oshiohomole shocked

You really get sense no be small oh wink Now show us what Obi achieved in Anambra in 7.5 years in office because I have shown you just a tip of the reality on ground in edo state

This is why I call you clown of the century..

Oshomole is a ugly dolt in development where Obi is..go figure.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

Are you surprise that these companies in Oyo State contribute more to the state's IGR than INNOSON does in Anambra State that makes Oyo IGR higher than that of Anambra.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by achi4u(m): 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan: Nozi, is this not the same Onitsha people are covering their noses? BTW, Onitsha is the way you pass on the way to hell (inner Onitsha and Iboland).
Not all igboland,we still have a well planned cities inside alaigbo, that one side is rotten doesn't mean the entire SE is a mess.

Again, Oga Sloan,at the other thread,I like the way you analyze things and putting things in the right perspective but surprise to see you fighting dirty here!

All in all we are the same.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ChinoElects: 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
@Sloan, those are pictures of Onitsha from 10-15years ago..
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ChinoElects: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Now this Yorobar land: The untold story..

If there is 'hell' in Nigeria then it is in yorobar land..

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ChinoElects: 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yorobar land overflows with garbage and rot..

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
achi4u: Not all igboland,we still have a well planned cities inside alaigbo, that one side is rotten doesn't mean the entire SE is a mess.

Again, Oga Sloan,at the other thread,I like the way you analyze things and putting things in the right perspective but surprise to see you fighting dirty here!

I quite appreciate your objectivity gentleman and I am sure Sloan does too. For some mor0ns to be telling us Onitsha is California and Aba is Rio de janeiro is an insult on our level of knowledge.

There is no where in Nigeria that has gotten there, some are just more on the right path than others.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ChinoElects: 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yorobars are already used to piggery lifestyle..

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Aba at its best

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by achi4u(m): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
MajeMedia:

It's not an insult to say Ebonyi state is different from the rest of igboland. Ebonyi state isn't crowded like other igbo state (Enugu is spacious too), this is differnt, Ebonyi state has a diversity of indigines from other tribes, this isn't typical, and many other things...different doesn't mean bad or worst, Ebonyi is doing things with agriculture that I can only dream Imo starts doing.
Guy this is not ur intent in most of ur Ebonyi lashing. Now you've shifted the goal post abi?
Anyway, it is left for you...you and ur like can label us anything you wish but mind you that the tide is fast changing.
Ebonyi state is no longer what is use to be.Fact.

Anyway, because u refuses to go insult for insult with me...I make bold to apologize instantly without giving it a second thought.

If you don't know is happening in Ebonyi now ...better ask questions.

Thank u.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Sloan: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
achi4u: Not all igboland,we still have a well planned cities inside alaigbo, that one side is rotten doesn't mean the entire SE is a mess.

Check my posts here, there is nothing like fighting dirty! You just congratulated ichidodo here but you find offense that I have NOT abused even 1 person here personally! What I have done is to tell Nozi that Onitsha is not the paradise she is saying it is or do you want me to agree to that lie when I have personally been to Onitsha and walked on the ground there?? I know you are Ibo and will do anything to protect Ibo interest but when someone tells you a lie, should you believe it when you know it is not true? Did you see that I posted this thread from Official CBN data but ichidodo and other ibos cannot accept it and say it is not true and resort to tribal attacks! He that comes to equity must come with clean hands!
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Onitsha at its best

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

"I Am Thankful Jonathan Sacked Me" – Farida Waziri / Senator Nicholas Tofomowo Sacks 92 Aides A Year After Appointment / Obi Should As A Matter Of Urgency Stop Attending Any Invite By Arise TV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.