Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else (2252 Views)

TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / 11 Signs That He Is Madly In Love With You / Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else by proficienthand: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2013
Obiagu1: Guy, there's nothing you can do about the situation at the moment.
It's not her fault.

Since she fits into your model 'wife', the only thing you can do is to be patient, don't force or pressure her anymore, just remain friends.
Don't make her your priority either but remain close to her. Keep the communication open.
Let her enjoy her university life, I bet you, she'll break up with that dude someday, in a year or two.

You'll notice when she starts showing more interest in you.
If she ever tells you she has problem with the guy or they've broken up, don't wait, take advantage of the situation.

The truth is that, as she matures, she'll start thinking more about marriage and start weighing her options, which of course you are one.
If she feels she can't wait for the guy, she'll turn to you.

Be patient, at the same time, keep your eyes open for a substitute, she can't be the only girl for you.

Good luck!

May your fountain of wisdom never run dry. I salute you. Well said.
Re: I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else by sweettease(f): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2013
^^^hmmmmm......you should have said these earlier on, you actually stand a chance cos i know i won't tell my mama about a guy am not sure of and i don't ask for money from guys, especially the one i don't want to joke with but you should thread carefully, i don't want to narrate my own story but i hope you don't end up heartbroken. All the best!
Re: I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else by stunningjudy(f): 10:19am On Dec 13, 2013
Nuzo':
Which kind mentality be this?

"I am working and comfortable thereby, the girl should fall for me and not her brokeazz school boyfriend".

You are Joker. Didn't you experience such in your school days where some girls would rather die for her school bf than date a supposedly rich dude in town?

No problem if you can wait for her, but I will advise you to move on.

Sometimes, when we meet certain people at some points in our lives, we get so afraid of loosing them to the extent of loosing our sense of judgment....only for us to realize later how our fear for nothing had made a mess of our lives.

Allow her enjoy her uni days.

+ 100 likes.
Re: I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else by sambright2012: 11:07am On Dec 13, 2013
y? on earth shld u intentionally allow ur to b wife dating sm1 else .it amount to cawardness on ur own side cos it means u can not giv her all she want both mony ,attention,emotion etc.ur ability to drive ur wife or ur fiance is d closest point to a successful marriage life.

wot if she wil hv to commit several abortions wit d guy b4 u arrive . open ur eyes if u don wan to marry adultrated wife.
am a living witness my fiance got pregnant for her boyfriend 2months to my NYSC POP. let her free d stiring for u to drive or else let her go quickly. DONT EVEN TRY DIS UR PLAN, DAT GUY WIL MESS HER UP ND PASS D EMPY LIABILITY TO U.b a man dont mary any one d way she want ,mary her d way u want.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else by DExplorer1: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
You say she is a good girl but she is cheating on her boyfriend with you If she can do that to her boyfriend that she really "loves". She can do it to you too one day. Love is not by force! If it"s not meant for you, let it go.
ENDorsed! wink
Re: I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else by gunners160(m): 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
proficienthand:

I have careful read all shapes of opinions on this matter. But before I take my final decision, it would be necessary to provide additional clarifications on this matter.

1. I was also a school boy and had a girlfriend in school who got married to an already established working while I was still in youth service.

2. As for the girl not loving me, it may not be entirely true. She said she can't just love me overnight and she is not the pretentious type. She makes no demands from me. Whatever I have given or done for her so far was out of my free will and volition.

3. In one of our quarrels/, she once said rather than always complain about the other school boy, it would be better to concentrate effort at winning her over. (She asked, was I thinking it would be easy for me to come in and just win her over just like that? considering the fact that she may be skeptical that I might use and dump her). But that is far from my intention.

4. I sent her a mail asking her to be open, honest and sincere if I represent her ideal husband in the future and she confirmed in the positive with strong conviction.

5. Don't forget I said in my original post that I told her I want to be introduced to her parents but she said I should wait until she gets to 3rd year in school. Will she say this if she is not interested? Am not concluding, I want your opinion on this. She already mentioned to her Mum she has this friend that works with (The name of my organisation). Her Mum knows about me but I want to meet them in person.

6. It is not as if I am fully set to even get married in the next 1 year but I think by 2015, I would have met all the pre-conditions and targets and goals I set for myself to achieve before getting married. Ironically, that time coincides with when she said I could be introduced to her parents.

7. I think I have been somewhat too hard on her. I am very possessive and have this domineering spirit. It could be that my expectations are high and not well managed. I stand to be corrected.

React to these final submissions.
k pls go nd marry r because u r just tryin 2 defend urslf 4rm dis ur wrte up .wen u tell sum1 pls dnt go dis way follow d right part d persn wuld c u as an enemy of progress as if u b bad bele.ladies wit concience dnt collect money 4rm a guy dey dnt lve nd those wo concience wuld eat u dry nd milk u up.i knw a lady frnd dat did dis thng 2 a guy wen i was tryin 2 tel r it is nt gud she told me plain blank did i force myslf on him? u r nt benefitin any thg 4rm dis rlshp so wat is d use?pls go nd marry r oo inshrt if u no marry r u don Bleep up.no b marriage u want u go get ham na nd pls dnt cum here creatin anoda thread on hw ur wife picks diff kalls 4rm men.
Re: I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else by shizzle11(m): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
Never wait for a girl for marriage.

[size=18]NEVER[/size]

Since you're not fully ready for marriage now, try to take your mind off her (know its not easy), concentrate on your work and making more money till you're ready while also looking out for other girls with the qualities you desire in a woman. There are too many girls out there, why give yourself hypertension over somebody you're not even sure of?

In the meantime, let the girl be, let her enjoy her youthful days (after all at 18, she is still too young for marriage sef). By the time she gets to 20/21, she will be more matured, reasonable, responsible and would have learned some bedmatics skills from her relationship(s).

If by 2015, when you are more likely to be ready for marriage (according to you), and you've not found any other girl that suits you, if you happen to still have her in mind, hopefully she would be in year 3 at the university, then you can make another move. This time, with more intent and purpose.

If you are lucky, by then she would have parted ways with this her school boyfriend, then if God want to butter your bread the more, she may not be into another relationship....[size=18]BANG[/size]

What a perfect time to relaunch your marriage interest and remind her that you actually waited for her (even if its not really true). At this point, she will have little or no excuse. In fact she will even respect and appreciate you for 'waiting for her'.

Meanwhile like I said before, take your mind off her. There could 'someone' out there waiting for you to notice her, but because you're busy chasing a shadow (possibly), you couldn't take note.

[size=18]GOODLUCK![/size]
Re: I Want To Marry Her But She Is In Love With Someone Else by NET1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
OP, you sound like a decent man.

However, the comments that other people have made here are very correct. I know it's difficult to let go in situations like this. I have worn your shoes three times in my life, and honestly, the best thing you should do is to move on.

You can still be friends with her tho'. Who knows - she might be of help to you in the future.

.NET

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Stop A Masturbation Addiction / Possessive Woman Makes Boyfriend Wear Shirt With Photos Of Her Everywhere / Poor Guys Don't Get The Most Beautiful But Get The Best Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.