Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,784 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria (17753 Views)

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / Jonathan Will Concede Defeat If He Loses - Presidency / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva: When they eventually gave Jonathan the power to become a substantive president, a lot of people were expecting him to cause a political revolution and this was what necessitated the protests by civil society groups for him to be made the substantive president. Some months after Jonathan was made the president, a lot of people were disappointed cos it seemed Jonathan was going the way of his predecessors and a lot of people called him a weak and ball-less president cos he was very slow at making decisions and they felt he was receiving order from God knows where. Over the years, i have watched Jonathan grow in confidence and it can be seen even in his boldness when being interviewed on TV. Today, Jonathan has become more bold by the day and it seems to be that he has started making decisions independent of those cabals that put him there. I think this is the first step of moving away from the status quo. We have seen the ramblings in the letter that OBJ wrote Jonathan.

If you call acts of cowardice boldness, then I really cannot help you that much. How on earth does the following amount to boldness:

1. Increase fuel prices in January 2012 without first thinking through the 'appropriate' palliative measures to cushion the reverberating effects of such insidious policy?

2. Allowing the universities in the nation to go on strike for 6 months, rather than engage them in meaningful discussion, decided to play politics by alleging that the Universities lecturers were doing the bidding of the opposition political parties. Good six months, millions of student were made to stay at home with economic activities stifled in most towns who hitherto depend on these students for survival.

3. Bleeding the excess crude account savings from nearly $10bn to deficit, leaving the Nigeria state seriously exposed to another international economic crisis that may leave millions of Nigeria poorer.

4. Allowing Federal Health workers to go on strike for weeks, stifling the Health sector reforms hitherto embarked upon by His predecessors. Today, many Federal Health institutions are on their knees and the Primary and Maternity Health centers scattered across the country are dysfunctional.

5. Allowing corruption to reign alingo in every facet of the society, with Federal civil service now seemingly another synonym for corruption.

I can go on and on, but it is clear to any sane Nigerian that there is nothing bold about President Jonathan whether when He was a substantive president or even now when it comes to Him taking the initiatives that would improve the fortunes of Nigerians. Jonathan only 'seems' to bare His fangs when He 'interests' and that of His cronies are threatened.

I dare this OP to tell Nigerians, one bold decision Jonathan has taken that has resulted in more money in their pocket.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
omanzo02: How do u expect GEJ to live up to full expectation with all the distractions and effort sabotage thrown in his path?, The cabals won't give up without a fight and that what is going on, I foresaw the happening now in 2011, it's Nigerians that should rally round GEJ to keep the cabals at bay, being the president and the powers at it disposals are not enough to win against the cabals, only when Nigerians are behind him the cabals will understand the game is over.

The view you've canvassed here is akin to squeezing blood from a stone. To suggest it is pedestrian and an assault on our intelligence, is putting it mildly.

What political vision did GEJ articulate as a deputy governor? What were his achievements as a governor?

After close to 4 years as substantive president, surely, even you must know the ruse about about a cabal has been overspent.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
@Omo_Tier1
If you don't understand the premise upon which this thread was created then i can't help you. I'm not here to argue about what Jonathan has done in sectors of the economy but to focus on the political implication of Jonathan being Nigeria's president. The problem with us is that we're always in a hurry to start reaping the dividends of democracy without first considering the behemoth political challenges. These challenges are the bane of economic development. Not until we get the politics right before every other thing will fall into place.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by ndcide(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Abagworo:

My reason for considering him a failure is exactly what you wrote above. People thought he would end corruption, tribalism and change Nigeria but his regime has turned out the worst in that. We expected a sincere SNC and not an SNC to discuss 2015 elections. Right now the country is more polarized than ever.

Yes he might bring about a bloody revolution sooner. Than expected because we are almost at the threshold. Obasanjo has exonerated himself from the wrath of the masses by repenting and writing a sensitive letter.

you feel the SNC is not sincere , but you believe the election should be free and fair.
An election that GEJ will be participating in? We want to restructure Nigeria. but we have to look beyond political parties.

Only through massive corruption will APC win the 2015 presidential election. if they do, they 'LL hav,e to pay back with corruption .

I'm angry with APC for going against the SNC simply because they think they got 2015 in the bag. some of us know that Social can't win in 2015. and the problem of Nigeria can't be solved by APC.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by takedat(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Can you pls explain the bolded. Was he not elected by Nigerians and does the constitution not allow for two terms? it's not like he's asking for 3rd term.

Like i said earlier, Jonathan became the governor of Bayelsa by chance and also became Nigeria's president by chance. He's not your typical Nigerian politician. If all things were equall, then Jonathan would have probably being a local government chairman. Whichever way you look at it, he's a break from the norm politically.
Yes, he was elected by Nigerians and also qualified to contest for a second term! If you are in doubt of his lust for power, why did he engage in anti-party activities and secretly supported the candidates of other parties in the governorship elections held in Edo, Anambra and Ondo states and even OBJ made mention of how he entered into a pact with Tinubu for him to win the votes from SW? You can argue that those he supported were the popular candidates but for the fact that he was willing to throw his party members under the bus to gain the support of those not in his party speaks volume.

Nothing in this world happens by chance. Did he by chance become a deputy Governor? Did he not play along with OBJ to impeach Alams for him to become the Governor? Wasn't he compensated with the Vice presidential slot because he was loyal and supported OBJ's third term agenda? GEJ is a good schemer and your conventional Nigerian politician. He associates himself with our pastmasters who held us to ransom and he is a believer in the politics of patronage! If he is a break from the norm, why is he surrounding himself with the Anenih's, Clark, Bode George and co

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
take dat: Yes, he was elected by Nigerians and also qualified to contest for a second term! If you are in doubt of his lust for power, why did he engage in anti-party activities and secretly supported the candidates of other parties in the governorship elections held in Edo, Anambra and Ondo states and even OBJ made mention of how he entered into a pact with Tinubu for him to win the votes from SW? You can argue that those he supported were the popular candidates but for the fact that he was willing to throw his party members under the bus to gain the support of those not in his party speaks volume.

Nothing in this world happens by chance. Did he by chance become a deputy Governor? Did he not play along with OBJ to impeach Alams for him to become the Governor? Wasn't he compensated with the Vice presidential slot because he was loyal and supported OBJ's third term agenda? GEJ is a good schemer and your conventional Nigerian politician.
I think you have to first prove to the house how JOnathan supported candidates of other parties in Edo, Anambra and Ondo states. Also show us proof that he had a pact with Tinubu to win votes from the SW I also want to know how Tinubu influenced my vote in the SW.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by omanzo02: 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The view you've canvassed here is akin to squeezing blood from a stone. To suggest it is pedestrian and an assault on our intelligence, is putting it mildly.

What political vision did GEJ articulate as a deputy governor? What were his achievements as a governor?

After close to 4 years as substantive president, surely, even you must know the ruse about about a cabal has been overspent.

With all sense and purposes GEJ is expected to execute PDP's vision which never exist, and the powers that be won't allow a change of status quo, in my opinion there is a systematic restructuring of PDP before his vision can sail through.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva: @Omo_Tier1
If you don't understand the premise upon which this thread was created then i can't help you. I'm not here to argue about what Jonathan has done in sectors of the economy but to focus on the political implication of Jonathan being Nigeria's president. The problem with us is that we're always in a hurry to start reaping the dividends of democracy without first considering the behemoth political challenges. These challenges are the bane of economic development. Not until we get the politics right before every other thing will fall into place.

I wish you had the courage and intellectual sagacity to respond in a constructive manner the points I buttress in my rebuttal of your opening post, alas, all you could come up with are another lame and diversionary excuses.

The essence of national government is to confront political and economic challenges that prevent the people from living life to the fullest. Jonathan's government is not the first in the world to face political challenges and will not be the last.

It is absurd you claimed that political challenges is the bane of economic development that has ravaged Nigeria especially during Jonathan's reign.

Do you really think if Jonathan had embarked upon visionary and exemplary development strides in every facet of the economy, upholding the rule of law, dealing harshly with corruption and corrupt individuals, the resulting political landscape will not fall in-line?

Jonathan had all the good will in the world to effect changes and redefine governance in Nigeria, but alas, like a mediocre, He decided to play cheap, engaging in ethnic 'rulership', befriending those who are known to the laws of the land as innate criminals, and promoting sectional hatred, using the kill and divide rule to retain power at all cost.

No other government in the history of Nigeria has enjoyed so much goodwill as Jonathan's government. In fact Nigerians were hitherto willing to lay their lives to see His government take bold political decisions that will affect the economic fortunes of Nigeria, but to their chagrin, there was no corresponding action by the one they thought was a proper commander in chief.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva: What is the guarantee that voting APC will not be a reflection of the PDP years considering the fact that the same characters we have always clamored against are finding themselves to the APC. Let's learn to tell ourselves the truth.

I disagree with you that APC and PDP are the same. Let us look at 2 examples.

1) Imo deputy Governor was indicted for corruption and was removed

2) Okorocha signed an abortion law which the masses did not like and he cancelled it

3) Oshiomole abused a widow publicly and when the masses cried out, he apologised publicly and settled the woman.

These are the things PDP lack. Even if the masses cry out loud, they have no value for us. They believe power can only be gotten by rigging. A lot of Jonathan's aide have been indicted for corruption and he cannot do anything about it. His wife abused a serving Governor publicly while thugs were used publicly in the Rivers State crisis with full Presidential support. Bipi publicly admitted being a member of a street cult and he still did nothing but support him. These are simple things that APC would have dealt with going by the track records I've seen so far.

1) Bipi should be in jail

2) NNPC should account for our $49billion

3) Diezeani and Oduah should be probed and if found culpable sacked instantly.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by ndcide(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Abagworo:

My reason for considering him a failure is exactly what you wrote above. People thought he would end corruption, tribalism and change Nigeria but his regime has turned out the worst in that. We expected a sincere SNC and not an SNC to discuss 2015 elections. Right now the country is more polarized than ever.

Yes he might bring about a bloody revolution sooner. Than expected because we are almost at the threshold. Obasanjo has exonerated himself from the wrath of the masses by repenting and writing a sensitive letter.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by cocoduck: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
juman: "Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria"

Funny. grin

After two and half years out of four years.

Hey mister dunce. if you think that a significant change can happen in such a time frame then I have an advice for you. QUIT WATCHING HARRY PORTER MOVIES. THEY ARE BAD FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH. for God's sake this is Nigeria not dumbledore. this is reality not fantasy. China you are praising today took about 30 YEARS to get to that level, in fact it all started from chairman Mao. go and watch obama's 2008 campaign videos again there is one he told Americans that change will take more than a tenure to completely happen. you hat Gej but I like and respect him because he doesn't talk too much. Fear people who don't talk too much
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by citizenY(m): 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
@OP, you are saying that GEJ has'' democratised'' corruption and other ills we are all complaining about by grooming a new set of "players" and that is food for thought for every citizen that means well for this country.

In defending GEJ, we must avoid pregnant statements that further demonise him. It is better we stop this free lance consultancy. Leave it to the three musketeers Gulak, Abati and Doyin. At least they are paid for that job.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by takedat(m): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think you have to first prove to the house how JOnathan supported candidates of other parties in Edo, Anambra and Ondo states. Also show us proof that he had a pact with Tinubu to win votes from the SW I also want to know how Tinubu influenced my vote in the SW.
I have nothing to prove because it is public knowledge. Even if you do not believe me, at least OBJ who acknowledged that fact would have seen his hidden hand in those elections. Have you asked why PDP was quick to congratulate the winners in those elections even when their candidates rejected the results? A case study is the Anambra election where the party's flagbearer was disenfranchised, yet the PDP was quick to tell Nigerians that the election was free and fair. A party is 'morally' binding to support its candidates till the end.

On Tinubu influencing the SW votes for GEJ. Its an allegation made by OBJ and also from other quarters, yet Tinubu and GEJ have not come out to dispel such allegation.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by tosan200(m): 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
If a person can rise from the position of a lecturer to a deputy governor to governor to vice president to president and you still tell me he is an outsider in politics, then something must be definitely wrong.
@Afam Gej is not a man to break the status quo , all he is doing is for his selfish reasons, after 2019 I bet you we still continue with this trend. Gej has always been there, he does not shout too much and he is not a noisemaker like the others but he is a first class pretender.he does something and looks away , pretend like he did nothing.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
take dat: I have nothing to prove because it is public knowledge. Even if you do not believe me, at least OBJ who acknowledged that fact would have seen his hidden hand in those elections. Have you asked why PDP was quick to congratulate the winners in those elections even when their candidates rejected the results? A case study is the Anambra election where the party's flagbearer was disenfranchised, yet the PDP was quick to tell Nigerians that the election was free and fair. A party is 'morally' binding to support its candidates till the end.

On Tinubu influencing the SW votes for GEJ. Its an allegation made by OBJ and also from other quarters, yet Tinubu and GEJ have not come out to dispel such allegation.
So, because OBJ acknowledged it, it's the truth. The problem with some of you Nigerians is that it's difficult to please you folks. So, because Jonathan congratulated the opponents of his party after an election, it means he's fraternizing with them. Would you have preferred that he cancelled the election so that you guys will see an opportunity to label him him a dictator.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by cocoduck: 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I wish you had the courage and intellectual sagacity to respond in a constructive manner the points I buttress in my rebuttal of your opening post, alas, all you could come up with are another lame and diversionary excuses.

The essence of national government is to confront political and economic challenges that prevent the people from living life to the fullest. Jonathan's government is not the first in the world to face political challenges and will not be the last.

It is absurd you claimed that political challenges is the bane of economic development that has ravaged Nigeria especially during Jonathan's reign.

Do you really think if Jonathan had embarked upon visionary and exemplary development strides in every facet of the economy, upholding the rule of law, dealing harshly with corruption and corrupt individuals, the resulting political landscape will not fall in-line?

Jonathan had all the good will in the world to effect changes and redefine governance in Nigeria, but alas, like a mediocre, He decided to play cheap, engaging in ethnic 'rulership', befriending those who are known to the laws of the land as innate criminals, and promoting sectional hatred, using the kill and divide rule to retain power at all cost.

No other government in the history of Nigeria has enjoyed so much goodwill as Jonathan's government. In fact Nigerians were hitherto willing to lay their lives to see His government take bold political decisions that will affect the economic fortunes of Nigeria, but to their chagrin, there was no corresponding action by the one they thought was a proper commander in chief.
Shut up liar you are among those that called him all sorts of names even when he was still a vice president

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
cocoduck:
Shut up liar you are among those that called him all sorts of names even when he was still a vice president
Are you mentally balanced at all
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
ndcide:

you feel the SNC is not sincere , but you believe the election should be free and fair.
An election that GEJ will be participating in? We want to restructure Nigeria. but we have to look beyond political parties.

Only through massive corruption will APC win the 2015 presidential election. if they do, they 'LL hav,e to pay back with corruption .

I'm angry with APC for going against the SNC simply because they think they got 2015 in the bag. some of us know that Social can't win in 2015. and the problem of Nigeria can't be solved by APC.

While the APC did raise some rather germane concerns about Jonathan's ability to midwife a successful confab, I agree that it was politically expedient to have dismissed it out of hand. Anyway, why do you choose to dwell on this point when it is clear that by subjecting the final outcome to the caprices of our legislators, the confab is essentially heavily circumscribed even before it gets off the ground? Shouldn't this be of greater concern?
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by takedat(m): 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, because OBJ acknowledged it, it's the truth. The problem with some of you Nigerians is that it's difficult to please you folks. So, because Jonathan congratulated the opponents of his party after an election, it means he's fraternizing with them. Would you have preferred that he cancelled the election so that you guys will see an opportunity to label him him a dictator.
And yet you claim you are not a toady! Because you have failed to acknowledge it does not make it false. Are you expecting the President to come out openly to declare his support for a candidate who isn't a member of his party? Did I even mention the President in the post you quoted? Even if his enemy wins an election, he will have to congratulate him or her in his official capacity as President.

You claim he is a break from the norm yet he associates himself more with the wandering minstrels of yesteryears, class of recycled and corrupt politicians than the ordinary Nigerians who voted him into power. I can as well say, Theodore Orji who fell out with his godfather is a break from the past. I have nothing against GEJ and I believe he will win the next election but he is not different from other Nigerian politicians

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
take dat: And yet you claim you are not a toady! Because you have failed to acknowledge it does not make it false. Are you expecting the President to come out openly to declare his support for a candidate who isn't a member of his party? Did I even mention the President in the post you quoted? Even if his enemy wins an election, he will have to congratulate him or her in his official capacity as President.

You claim he is a break from the norm yet he associates himself more with the wandering minstrels of yesteryears, class of recycled and corrupt politicians than the ordinary Nigerians who voted him into power. I can as well say, Theodore Orji who fell out with his godfather is a break from the past. I have nothing against GEJ and I believe he will win the next election but he is not different from other Nigerian politicians
So, in what capacity did he congratulate those guys? As an LGA chairman?

Who are these old politicians that he associates himself with? He seemed to have fallen out with the who's who and the creme de la cream of the political dynasty and that to me is a right step in the right direction. I also think the Theodore Orji analogy does not fit because Theo only broke himself from one man just like Chime did to Chimaroake and Orji Uzor Kalu. We're talking of political titans whose political career started pre and post independence and who have always been at the forefront of designing the political architecture that fits their selfish ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by takedat(m): 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, in what capacity did he congratulate those guys? As an LGA chairman?

Who are these old politicians that he associates himself with? He seemed to have fallen out with the who's who and the creme de la cream of the political dynasty and that to me is a right step in the right direction. I also think the Theodore Orji analogy does not fit because Theo only broke himself from one man just like Chime did to Chimaroake and Orji Uzor Kalu. We're talking of political titans whose political career started pre and post independence and who have always been at the forefront of designing the political architecture that fits their selfish ambition.
No, in his capacity as Councillor! I won't engage you any further on GEJ's anti-party activities, its obvious you are blind to the truth.

How many of the creme de la creme did GEJ fall out with? The only one is OBJ. IBB was never in Jonathan's camp, AbdulSalam and Danjuma are not politicians and they still associate themselves with Jonathan when called upon. Because OBJ copied the letter to them does not indicate that they are at loggerheads with GEJ. He only copied them as statesmen, in fact, he also copied Alex Ekweme or is Ekweme an enemy of Jonathan?

Now I know you are unserious. So Anenih, Mantu, Umaru Dikko, Tukur, Zwingina, Edwin Clark, Jerry Gana, Bode George and many others are not old politicians? Are these people not his associates?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva, this is thought-provoking. Right now, its like GEJ against the cabal. These Cabal are majorly in the PDP and they are being pushed, gradually APC is becoming more PDP than APC.

I keep wondering what the causes of the upheavals are, especially after the defeat or so to say of Boko Haram, one would have expected them to allow Jonathan to work, but its like some people's interest is greater than the interest of the masses.

What baffles me is when a so-called President, is talking about God using him to put someone in power (against popular dictates as in democracy), thats illegality. And if you put someone in power then, you should retire and rest, not to start dictating how goes to Aso Rock again. Who made OBJ a tin-god to chose who rules Nigerian ?

It occurs to me that it is no more business as usual for the Cabal that own Nigeria, its like a new crew of persons have taken control of what used to be their source of income.

I wish Jonathan knows that there are people who appreciate what he is doing to push the cabal away from Power, whether they are in PDP or APC.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
take dat: No, in his capacity as Councillor! I won't engage you any further on GEJ's anti-party activities, its obvious you are blind to the truth.

How many of the creme de la creme did GEJ fall out with? The only one is OBJ. IBB was never in Jonathan's camp, AbdulSalam and Danjuma are not politicians and they still associate themselves with Jonathan when called upon. Because OBJ copied the letter to them does not indicate that they are at loggerheads with GEJ. He only copied them as statesmen, in fact, he also copied Alex Ekweme or is Ekweme an enemy of Jonathan?

Now I know you are unserious. So Anenih, Mantu, Umaru Dikko, Tukur, Zwingina, Edwin Clark, Jerry Gana, Bode George and many others are not old politicians? Are these people not his associates?
I never said Jonathan is perfect and i admitted that much. I'm only happy about the possibility of a few set of people holding the nation to ransom. If Jonathan can make Obasanjo to start writing him a letter about his leadership then you know something is changing. Despite the fact that the likes of IBB were not really Jonathan's fans, but they have started speaking out recently more than ever before because things are not going as they thought it would.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by omanzo02: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
take dat: And yet you claim you are not a toady! Because you have failed to acknowledge it does not make it false. Are you expecting the President to come out openly to declare his support for a candidate who isn't a member of his party? Did I even mention the President in the post you quoted? Even if his enemy wins an election, he will have to congratulate him or her in his official capacity as President.

He can't just ban or throw the recycled class of politicians out of corridors of power in a swift, he would surely need some of them to achieve his aim or programs to fase some out or render them irrelevant, there is an internal struggle going on in making those oligarchs irrelevant.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by jamace(m): 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Thumps up for you, OP. I must say that flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but the Nigerian spirit in you.

Those old baboons see GEJ as a novice. But they forgot that, "the young shall grow", matching them confidence for confidence and, wisdom for wisdom from all approaches.

Somebody said Obj has repented. Repented for where? That man thinks Nigeria and Nigerians are his personal property. I don't think he has any respect for Nigerians. If Obj has repented, he should return all the loots and bring back all those assassinated during his era.

Abeg, leave that daughter- in-law fu-cker, jare.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by takedat(m): 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
I never said Jonathan is perfect and i admitted that much. I'm only happy about the possibility of a few set of people holding the nation to ransom. If Jonathan can make Obasanjo to start writing him a letter about his leadership then you know something is changing. Despite the fact that the likes of IBB were not really Jonathan's fans, but they have started speaking out recently more than ever before because things are not going as they thought it would.
Obasanjo writing a letter to express his dismay isn't a new thing. The same thing he is doing with Jonathan, he did with Shagari, he helped Shagari to ascend to power only to become his critic. OBJ also had friction with the late Yaradua whom he also helped install. OBJ is simply a narcissist!

Did IBB not speak out against OBJ? Even as we all know IBB isn't a fan of GEJ, he rarely criticize him in the open. When was the last time you read in the news where IBB criticized Jonathan? Politics is about interest bro!
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Fantastic write up, @Afam4eva. But I hate the fact that you started from e defensive point (the I'm not a sycophant bla, bla,bla). The propaganda and onslaught from Tinubu warriors have pushed many of you into defensive positions. This is an open and anonymous forum for goodness sake and everyone should be able to express him or herself without fear or favour. If anyone does not agree with the position of another, he or she should challenge that position with SUPERIOR argument.

What happens on this forum, which is very unfortunate, is that once an ID expresses any opinion that is contrary to that of Tinubu slaves, rather than challenge that opinion with SUPERIOR argument, Tinubu slaves will resort to blackmail- it is either they accuse the ID of being a sycophant or being a paid poster.

I dont think the response to the blackmail from Tinubu slaves is adopting a defensive position like you've done. For me, the best form of defence is attack and that is what I will continue to do. Because left to Tinubu slaves, GEJ should have no supporters online. The fools expect all of us to queue behind them and worship their master Tinubu.

Just imagine what this forum would have been like if not for the likes of yours sincerely, Taharqa and others that have pushed back the evil group called Tinubu warriors?

@Topic, President Jonathan indeed represents a breath of fresh air. I say this not because he is perfect or that he has done all things perfectly but so far he is the BEST leader we've ever had in the last 3 decades.

Working with people like Akinwumi Adeshina, Okonjo Iweala, Prof Nebo, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu, Olusegun Aganga, Mrs Omobola Johnson, Stella Oduah, etc, GEJ govt represents nothing but fresh air.

Afam4eva..,cant you feel the fresh air in our elections since 2010? Cant you see that the YOUWIN programme is the first programme in the history of Nigeria where people can get grants from govt on MERIT? Have you asked yourself why Nigeria Railways was dilapidated when GEJ came to power? The old railways given to us by the British was left to rot away and no new railways could be completed in 50 solid years? But just in 3 years, the GEJ govt is about to complete Abuja to Kaduna standard railway.

Didnt you notice how the PHCN was transparently privatised? Right before our eyes, 14 successor companies of PHCN was successfuly privatised without any acrimony or court cases. Now compare with the messy privatisation process of previous govt. Many of the companies privatised by OBJ have been crippled by court cases.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by superstar1(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam,

you have forgotten that it was the same Nigerians from every nook and cranny of this country that voted for GEJ on the premise of change and promise of a new beginning and departure from the old faces in the last general election. What happened between now and then, that the people that were enthusiastic about his presidency are suddenly holding him in either disdain or apathy? he simply betrayed people's trust and dashed their hopes.

No matter how powerful a cabal is, they need the people. If GEJ has been performing, he will still have the people and once you have the people, you don't need to worry yourself too much about what any cabal says. In a situation where the cabals are now the ones in tandem with the thoughts of the people, where do you expect people's loyalty to shift to? He had a golden chance to ride on the sentiment of his goodluck, to perform and forever have the loyalty of the people. If this was in place, 1million tinubus or objs or ibbs or kwankwanso can't stop him.

Alas, what are we seeing. Tsunami-causing monumental fraud breaking news; earthquake-causing corruption news and landslide-causing daylight robberies, that surpasses what the cabal we are even castigating ever did, are the order of the day. There is no major achievement that our dear president can point out to and say, this was my idea, i conceived it, initiated it and i have delivered it. What we keep seeing and hearing are economy indices on paper that does not translate to anything in naira and kobo for U and I.

Cabal or no cabal, he too is aiding the cabal to roast him. Sincerely, he lacks the political acumen, wealth of experience and superior intelligence to take on both the real and imaginary cabal and the worst part of it, he is losing the people on a daily basis and picking up some fights that are rubbishing him in the eyes of the public.

NB: Mr GEJ cannot take the full credit for revamping of NRC and privatisation of PHCN. These projects have been on for a while. Yes they were finally completed under him. He takes the credit for the completion, definitely not for the conception and execution mid-way. Let us see his own idea that he started and completed.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by djon78(m): 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fantastic write up, @Afam4eva. But I hate the fact that you started from e defensive point (the I'm not a sycophant bla, bla,bla). The propaganda and onslaught from Tinubu warriors have pushed many of you into defensive positions. This is an open and anonymous forum for goodness sake and everyone should be able to express him or herself without fear or favour. If anyone does not agree with the position of another, he or she should challenge that position with SUPERIOR argument.

What happens on this forum, which is very unfortunate, is that once an ID expresses any opinion that is contrary to that of Tinubu slaves, rather than challenge that opinion with SUPERIOR argument, Tinubu slaves will resort to blackmail- it is either they accuse the ID of being a sycophant or being a paid poster.

I dont think the response to the blackmail from Tinubu slaves is adopting a defensive position like you've done. For me, the best form of defence is attack and that is what I will continue to do. Because left to Tinubu slaves, GEJ should have no supporters online. The fools expect all of us to queue behind them and worship their master Tinubu.

Just imagine what this forum would have been like if not for the likes of yours sincerely, Taharqa and others that have pushed back the evil group called Tinubu warriors?

@Topic, President Jonathan indeed represents a breath of fresh air. I say this not because he is perfect or that he has done all things perfectly but so far he is the BEST leader we've ever had in the last 3 decades.

Working with people like Akinwumi Adeshina, Okonjo Iweala, Prof Nebo, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu, Olusegun Aganga, Mrs Omobola Johnson, Stella Oduah, etc, GEJ govt represents nothing but fresh air.

Afam4eva..,cant you feel the fresh air in our elections since 2010? Cant you see that the YOUWIN programme is the first programme in the history of Nigeria where people can get grants from govt on MERIT? Have you asked yourself why Nigeria Railways was dilapidated when GEJ came to power? The old railways given to us by the British was left to rot away and no new railways could be completed in 50 solid years? But just in 3 years, the GEJ govt is about to complete Abuja to Kaduna standard railway.

Didnt you notice how the PHCN was transparently privatised? Right before our eyes, 14 successor companies of PHCN was successfuly privatised without any acrimony or court cases. Now compare with the messy privatisation process of previous govt. Many of the companies privatised by OBJ have been crippled by court cases.

Sincere you are making a valid point, Akinwumi Adesina worshiped at my church some sundays ago to thank God for the progress he had achieved and one statement he made that shocked me was that he never knew the president from any where, that it was the president that found him where he was at work and look what he is doing. Infact let me go on spiritual dimension the kind of prayer being waged in the spirit these dark evil forces have already been defeated, God of heavens is in control. When GEJ went on a spiritual journey to Israel I knew that from the eyes of unseen that GEJ is Gods anointed and all those fighting him will be confounded, I am using these medium to warn them that if they know the judgement of God that will come uppon them, you will see in few weeks time, sons of belial that has caused pain on this nation by their wickedness for the past 40 years, God has arisen to judge and this is word for the president by the psamist The Lord is my Light and my salvation whom shall I fear, the Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid, when my enemies came to eat my flesh they were consumed. Thus says God the creator of the ends of the earth.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
djon78:

Sincere you are making a valid point, Akinwumi Adesina worshiped at my church some sundays ago to thank God for the progress he had achieved and one statement he made that shocked me was that he never knew the president from any where, that it was the president that found him where he was at work and look what he is doing. Infact let me go on spiritual dimension the kind of prayer being waged in the spirit these dark evil forces have already been defeated, God of heavens is in control. When GEJ went on a spiritual journey to Israel I knew that from the eyes of unseen that GEJ is Gods anointed and all those fighting him will be confounded, I am using these medium to warn them that if they know the judgement of God that will come uppon them, you will see in few weeks time, sons of belial that has caused pain on this nation by their wickedness for the past 40 years, God has arisen to judge and this is word for the president by the psamist The Lord is my Light and my salvation whom shall I fear, the Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid, when my enemies came to eat my flesh they were consumed. Thus says God the creator of the ends of the earth.

I know your so called prayer is selfish and evil, hence the reason there has been no answer till tomorrow! Pastor Tunde Bakare, by God's Spirit clearly prophesied and warned Jonathan what He will become if He choose not to listen and so far, Pastor Bakare has been spot on.

Does it come across to you that God would approve of a man who:
1. eats N1bn food yearly,

2. Lies to the people He claims to be leading

3. 'honours' criminals in the land,

3.supports political assassinations,

4. Refused to 'honour' His own promises to those He forced Himself upon?

5. Lied about His one- term in office?

The God I worship, the Almighty God of Heaven and Earth, the Sovereign King of Glory has revealed time and time that He does not support injustice and is not a party to those who support injustice like Jonathan cool

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Afam4eva..,cant you feel the fresh air in our elections since 2010? [b]Cant you see that the YOUWIN programme is the first programme in the history of Nigeria where people can get grants from govt on MERIT? [/b]Have you asked yourself why Nigeria Railways was dilapidated when GEJ came to power? The old railways given to us by the British was left to rot away and no new railways could be completed in 50 solid years? But just in 3 years, the GEJ govt is about to complete Abuja to Kaduna standard railway.

Your lies know no bound! Those who have good memory would attest to the fact the Better Life for Rural Women is one of the best social action project ever in Nigeria to date.

As for the privatization of PHCN, wait until the next government takes over in 2015, you would soon realize how fraudulent the process has been. The little can of worms released last year by Canadian electricity company from Manitoba is a tip of the iceberg. Time will reveal the great fraud Jonathan perpetuated with the sale of the electricity company assets to His political cronies.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Incrizz(f): 12:15am On Dec 15, 2013
@Op Point of view, very nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N23.29b Poll Bribe: Buhari To Determine Fate Of Recs / Neya Uzor Kalu's Wedding Postponed Till February 2017 / Buhari Government, Shi’ites Negotiating In Secret Over El-Zakzaky - Daily Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.