Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria (17761 Views)

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / Jonathan Will Concede Defeat If He Loses - Presidency / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by LoveDecay(m): 11:01am On Jan 07, 2014
Martini101: . And all the past Presidents were innocent of these allegations? Stop being myopic and try to see from the OP point of view.

What allegations - these are not allegations they are facts , pure and simple. And , secondly what past president have been proven incompetent beyond reasonable doubt besides GEJ ?

Martini101: . So we should be doing TRIAL and ERROR wit NIGERIA abi? Na wa for you oh! Irrespective of the fact that we havent seen too much from this administration, it is still the best out of every other one. Forget all the media propaganda from the opposition, they (APC) are not a better alternative.

Again, you yarn lubbish. grin We need change, let us continue with out trial and error - OBJ was a trial, Yar'adua was a trial - JONATHAN is an ERROR !
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by chichriso: 11:37am On Jan 07, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, called on Nigerians to put all hands on deck in other to liberate the country from those he tagged, ‘evil people’.
The president also said his administration would not relent on its oars until the battle against the Boko Haram sect is won.
Jonathan stated this during the first Sunday church service of the year at the Church of Christ In Nations (COCIN) Abuja.

He said no person or group will be allowed to hold the nation to ransom, noting that it must be liberated from “evil persons” and be secured for the generations unborn.
His words, “Nobody or group can hold this country to ransom. We will collectively liberate this country from any evil person, so that we can leave behind a
Nigeria that our children and grandchildren will be proud of”, he said.
On the Boko Haram insurgency, President Jonathan said that “Boko Haram was temporary, and will surely disappear from the nation. A number of countries are facing similar challenges and some have been able to overcome it, and surely we will overcome Boko Haram. Life in the North must change; development must go to all parts of this country”.

“Let me reassure you again, that the political environment is always noisy all over the world, yet will overcome. There is nowhere you won’t hear so much noise. Even the United States of America. Not long ago, the country was almost shutdown. For so many months, people were worried that the country that has practised democracy for so many years could get to that situation. But that is politics for you.
“But let me reassure you that we will continue to work harder to improve the quality of lives of Nigerians. We are particularly committed to knowing where our challenges are, especially in some parts of the North. We are quite pleased with the measures from the outgoing President (of COCIN) and the measures of the incoming President concerning Boko Haram. We sympathize with those who have been affected by the executions,” he added.

SOURCE: http://chrisderablog..com/2014/01/we-must-liberate-nigeria-from-evil.html
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by IleIfe2(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
Afam4eva:
He couldn't have changed Nigeria the way you want cos he didn't have a precedence of doing something similar. He's not a Fashola or a Donald Duke. The only thing i see him doing is to change the political landscape so that the political scallywags who have held this nation to ransom will not get anywhere near power again.

And we can't find any sensible smart person in his inner circle? That's a shame. Being a President is not a one show like the world is made to believe, the real Presidents are always behind the curtain making policies and shaping the personalities the public see. So, Jonathan can't find one disciplined, smart, South-south person, when some of them are graduating with first class all over the world even in Malaysia here. Even all the Yoruba, igbo,hausa, berom, tiv etc around him are dull. SMH
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by knowledgeable: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
ilugunboy: A whole lot of sentimental crap high on verbose ....

How do you figure?.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by dounleedee: 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
This logic will always set us backward because it is a tacit and impractical approval for theft and Corruption "as long as the current magnitude is less than previous experiences". Despite alleged rigging in the last general election, most of my SWern friends actually voted GEJ. If they are no longer singing his praises shouldn't the President restrategize? As a President with enormous executive powers, I expected GEJ to display zero tolerance for corruption in order for the cross section of Nigerians that voted for him to derive benefits of democratic good governance for exercising their franchise for his benefit. If after, GEJ decides to revoke oil blocks given to Yorubas and Hausas by reawarding them to people from the core Southern part of this country by executive fiat rather than the waste on Alams, I would have been the first to carry the banner for re-election for my Izon brother.

theoctopus:

Most of you who make this kind of statements say it out of ignorance or just trying to follow the trend. What do you mean by corruption used to be the order of the day? Actually, corruption is far less now than it has ever been. The difference now is that things are more open. You never heard of most of the massive corruption under OBJ because they were well covered and shielded. Most of the corruption accusations against OBJ came out during the Yaradua a years. People like FFK were very corrupt but were completely shielded during the OBJ rule. No on ehad access to government documents and no one could see the complete budget items. Now, we can all see it. For example, someone wrote that GEJ was spending so much on food. The question is, did OBJ spend less? Did Yaradua spend less? The answer is no. They actually spent much more. But the difference is that, unlike back then, you now know the actual figures spent. Does that mean there is more corruption now. Absolutely NO. What you have now is more transparency and openess in government
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by benardtotti(m): 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
cocoduck:

Hey mister dunce. if you think that a significant change can happen in such a time frame then I have an advice for you. QUIT WATCHING HARRY PORTER MOVIES. THEY ARE BAD FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH. for God's sake this is Nigeria not dumbledore. this is reality not fantasy. China you are praising today took about 30 YEARS to get to that level, in fact it all started from chairman Mao. go and watch obama's 2008 campaign videos again there is one he told Americans that change will take more than a tenure to completely happen. you hat Gej but I like and respect him because he doesn't talk too much. Fear people who don't talk too much
nice logic,but I have a question,how many years did it take hitler to revamp germany?
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by IsaacAde(m): 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Jonathan can never be Nigerian catalyst of change because he has unshamefully identified with failure. No matter how versatile a man is, he must delegate authorities for he can't be every where therefore Jonathan has unscrupulous personalities in his cabinet and has refused to do away with them. He surrounds himself with people that bring shame to him and his administration, people with questionable characters such as Stella Oduah. So far he continues to run the affairs of this country through thieves and people of no value like her who could forge a certificate, and he cannot probe to that and even the multi-million naira vehicle she bought, it shows that GEJ is not a worthy leader and he cannot bring about any change.

His mute over gross allegation of corruption, bribery and forgery shows that he's a product of such school of thought. He's being playing family politics by surrounding himself with his tribe men. If he wants to play regional politics I advise he should leave Aso Rock and go to Yenagoa.

Isaac Ade
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by IsaacAde(m): 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
Jonathan can never be Nigerian catalyst of change because he has unshamefully identified with failure. No matter how versatile a man is, he must delegate authorities for he can't be every where therefore Jonathan has unscrupulous personalities in his cabinet and has refused to do away with them. He surrounds himself with people that bring shame to him and his administration, people with questionable characters such as Stella Oduah. So far he continues to run the affairs of this country through thieves and people of no value like her who could forge a certificate, and he cannot probe to that and even the multi-million naira vehicle she bought, it shows that GEJ is not a worthy leader and he cannot bring about any change.

His mute over gross allegation of corruption, bribery and forgery shows that he's a product of such school of thought. He's being playing family politics by surrounding himself with his tribe men. If he wants to play regional politics I advise he should leave Aso Rock and go to Yenagoa.

Isaac Ade
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by eaglechild: 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
superstar1: Afam,

you have forgotten that it was the same Nigerians from every nook and cranny of this country that voted for GEJ on the premise of change and promise of a new beginning and departure from the old faces in the last general election. What happened between now and then, that the people that were enthusiastic about his presidency are suddenly holding him in either disdain or apathy? he simply betrayed people's trust and dashed their hopes.

No matter how powerful a cabal is, they need the people. If GEJ has been performing, he will still have the people and once you have the people, you don't need to worry yourself too much about what any cabal says. In a situation where the cabals are now the ones in tandem with the thoughts of the people, where do you expect people's loyalty to shift to? He had a golden chance to ride on the sentiment of his goodluck, to perform and forever have the loyalty of the people. If this was in place, 1million tinubus or objs or ibbs or kwankwanso can't stop him.

Alas, what are we seeing. Tsunami-causing monumental fraud breaking news; earthquake-causing corruption news and landslide-causing daylight robberies, that surpasses what the cabal we are even castigating ever did, are the order of the day. There is no major achievement that our dear president can point out to and say, this was my idea, i conceived it, initiated it and i have delivered it. What we keep seeing and hearing are economy indices on paper that does not translate to anything in naira and kobo for U and I.

Cabal or no cabal, he too is aiding the cabal to roast him. Sincerely, he lacks the political acumen, wealth of experience and superior intelligence to take on both the real and imaginary cabal and the worst part of it, he is losing the people on a daily basis and picking up some fights that are rubbishing him in the eyes of the public.

NB: Mr GEJ cannot take the full credit for revamping of NRC and privatisation of PHCN. These projects have been on for a while. Yes they were finally completed under him. He takes the credit for the completion, definitely not for the conception and execution mid-way. Let us see his own idea that he started and completed.
Gently erase your first sentence.
Which makes your write up a baseless scribble.

Your memory seems to have failed you so soon, when key factions of the nation threatened to make the country ungovernable should GEJ become president.

While others decided to sit tight at home since they had no serious candidate.

Now you wake and say that masses from all nook and cranny supported him and all of a sudden thunder struck and bla..bla.. bla..

From day one of GEJ's first tenure, he has been hunted like wild game and people like you have been brain washed not to see beyond their noses and know that they are being used by the same cabal.

That is what Afam is trying to make you see.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Boris03: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2014
Good luck shall continue to be with everyone,the year of greatness.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by makhez019(m): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dear moderators, I posted a thread online, "20 reasons why we shld not vote for the general". I tink it shld be at d front page, for the sake of equity and fairness. Pls ma esteemed moderator see to it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker / APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation / Dickson: I Came Prepared To Serve As Bayelsa Poly Matriculates 264 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.