Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria (17632 Views)

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / Jonathan Will Concede Defeat If He Loses - Presidency / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Dewze(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Obiagelli: gullible piece of crap, i opened this Page to read policies but end up with bull poo. Op you are a sycophant.

for now he (Jonathan) will fight and scatter those cabals into a thousand pieces and in a thousand directions. After the battle and the dust has settled, then he will sit down to write out and present his policies.

What you so refused to see and acknowledge is that as long as those cabals continue to exist, what ever good policy Jonathan brings up will never see the light of day (at least in your eyes). Then, it is thesame people like you that will still come out to scream incompetence.

You pretend as if you do not know the country that you live in.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by BigBen10: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:

Today, Jonathan has become more bold by the day and it seems to be that he has started making decisions independent of those cabals that put him there. I think this is the first step of moving away from the status quo. We have seen the ramblings in the letter that OBJ wrote Jonathan. We have also heard the likes of IBB, Atiku and other elder statesmen calling for the head of Jonathan. We have also seen people who we thought inherited PDP from their father moving over to the opposition party. I think this calls for celebration because when Satan criticizes someone then that person must be doing something right.

Bold Abi duller than ever. He doesnt even know how to answer a question properly. He cant even give details of his work. All he will say is that we are doing something or we a working on it.
A man that said ASUU strike is politically motivated. The man is either a dunce or he is not participating actively in the decision taken in his government leaving his aids, advisers and minister to think and forge a path for Nigeria weather good or bad.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by intrepid: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Knowitall: You did not really state how GEJ will be the catalyst of change in Nigeria. You have some reasons why he could but now how.
The change will happen just like wen his boss died.GEJ presence is already a roadblock to many plans of d cabals,hence d fight against him.Cant you see?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by BigBen10: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
luvinhubby:
What most of us do not understand is that there is a particular group of military officers and powerful civilians that participated in the events that led up to and the civil war itself that believes that Nigeria is a `spoil` of their war and that they will personally chose who governs it at their whims & caprices. People like Obj, Danjuma, Ibb, Jerry Useni, Buhari etc. And GEJ never featured in their strategy.
I agree that GEJ has not lived up to expections, neither has any of our past and present leaders, both PDP and APC governors included, but in Goodluck, I see a better opportunity for Nigeria to break free from the imperial shackles of these ungodly kingmakers and over-greedy political leaders.
The main reason for Niger delta militancy was not development, but the fact that more oil is been bunkered by the crooked politicians and retired soldiers than what Nigeria officially exports and the owners of this oil are not benefitting from it.
The purpose of the fury of the likes of OBJ, El-Rufai, IBB and these politicians is the fact the GEJ re-channeled the source of their crude oil bunkering to Niger Delta militants and is working hand-in-hand with them, hence the open access to free money has been taken away from them and they are fighting to get it back.

uhmmmmm. so changing the thief is better than stopping stealing at all. So when the Niger-delta militants now have enough money and power is it not the same thing they will do-try to hold on to the oil and power so of you warped sense of thinking ehn angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Dewze(m): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abagworo:

My reason for considering him a failure is exactly what you wrote above. People thought he would end corruption, tribalism and change Nigeria but his regime has turned out the worst in that. We expected a sincere SNC and not an SNC to discuss 2015 elections. Right now the country is more polarized than ever.

Yes he might bring about a bloody revolution sooner. Than expected because we are almost at the threshold. Obasanjo has exonerated himself from the wrath of the masses by repenting and writing a sensitive letter.

don't worry. After Jonathan has left the seat of power, he himself will exonerate himself from you by repenting and writing a sensitive letter to his successor. Then, according to you reasoning, everybody goes home happy.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by madnigerian: 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
SUBMARINE: The battle against GEJ is spiritual using human interests as cover up. One thing am sure of is that, GEJ is an instrument of change in God's hand that will place Nigeria on the path to economic greatness needed to support thousands of God's missionaries of Nigeria origin within and outside Nigeria and of which the Easterners will constitute a large proportion of this missionaries. The simple truth is that this plan of God can't be delayed the way it was delayed in the 1960s because Nigerians' now understand God's plan and are ready to fulfill it.....FACT. My plea goes to the Yoruba's not to allow Tinubu and Obj deceive them into foolishly working against God's plan. ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY.

There is a lot of problem in your post... chief of which is the idea that GEJ was voted into office for the benefit of Easterners.

The East is in a mess because, like most Nigerians, you chase away your Prof Nnajis and celebrate crooks and thieves. Like Oduah.

PDP has messed up.....time it went out.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by dounleedee: 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
FACT: We need a change. Politically? Probably not until there is a holistic change in consciousness directed at producing a Nigerian President and not a sectional partisan leader hell bent on mortgaging the future of his people for political relevance.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Totoisgood: 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
agbameta:
I was expecting a serious thread, but obliviously as usual, this is another pointless comedic thread with zero honesty and substance......

Egbon you're right again. Am going to one of your serious thread to see who is shaking the hands of Fashola.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by deletrue: 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abagworo:

My reason for considering him a failure is exactly what you wrote above. People thought he would end corruption, tribalism and change Nigeria but his regime has turned out the worst in that. We expected a sincere SNC and not an SNC to discuss 2015 elections. Right now the country is more polarized than ever.

Yes he might bring about a bloody revolution sooner. Than expected because we are almost at the threshold. Obasanjo has exonerated himself from the wrath of the masses by repenting and writing a sensitive letter.
May you remained blind alongside all apc members as well as your future endeavours since you prefer that option. Can you point to any previous leader that has performed than what GEJ has done? During Fashola's first tenure, when Tunuthief almost killed him through the Lagos House of assemble before he Tinubu was given all the state budget to calm him. Tell me, who is the worse between thieftunu and GEJ?
Two options only are availabe to you. Just register well in advance with the nearest clinic because GEJ will go through till 2019 because the sudden rise of your BP will finish you or just decamp to PDP to save yourself and your loved ones.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by ratiken(m): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
Spot on OP. Very valid and factual points you have up there.
For once in many decades, we have someone who is very different from the pack of wolves.
If anything, I can never believe that IBB, OBJ, Tinubu, Atiku etc has changed overnight that they want to rescue Nigeria. For them to leave their differences aside and agree to join forces to destabilize the current administration means GEJ must have tampered with the source of their Oil Loot.
No amount of propaganda will change the truth; all we need is for all those evil old men to remain in the oppositionand that helps GEJ's campaign. All he needs is to point at them at the right time, Nigerians knows who their real enemies are.
Men and Brethren... This is change. We can now start building on this foundation.
Thanks to God and GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Pamcrest(f): 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
@ op, catalyst for change for better or for worse?
Abeg GEJ is not bold anything......does his watery reply to obj depict any iota of courage or intelligence.
He is not d positive change that Nigeria needs.....he is very fickle n symbolizes everything a leader shouldn't be.
I can say tho that we deserve to experience someone like GEJ, hopefully we will make d right choices devoid of sentiments and emotions in d next elections.
My humble submission.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by ikwubaba: 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva: @Omo_Tier1
If you don't understand the premise upon which this thread was created then i can't help you. I'm not here to argue about what Jonathan has done in sectors of the economy but to focus on the political implication of Jonathan being Nigeria's president. The problem with us is that we're always in a hurry to start reaping the dividends of democracy without first considering the behemoth political challenges. These challenges are the bane of economic development. Not until we get the politics right before every other thing will fall into place.

Some people sef dey tire man o! Of what relevance is GEJ presidency? That another minority can also become presido abi? so how much will the bank pay me for that? How many plates of eba is that worth? Looks like we are hunting for something else apart from the world wide reknown dividend of democracy. Look here, Nigerians don't care if only the Hausa Fulani or Yoruba, or beriberi or Ijaw or Itsekiris or Anang rules for century. We want better life and society with justice and freedom from all forms of oppressions shikina! We need a leader that is headed in that direction. It is not about ' I Have no shoes" . Anyhow, it even appears that GEJ is making bolder strides in forstering poverty, impunity, lawlessness and a combination raised to a higher power of the former plunderers of our economy. And you ask that I should support it. I must be dreaming!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by deletrue: 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
BigBen10:

Bold Abi duller than ever. He doesnt even know how to answer a question properly. He cant even give details of his work. All he will say is that we are doing something or we a working on it.
A man that said ASUU strike is politically motivated. The man is either a dunce or he is not participating actively in the decision taken in his government leaving his aids, advisers and minister to think and forge a path for Nigeria weather good or bad.
Close that your gutter like mouth. Silly ingreat! For your info., one of the greatest achievements is that all through into new year, not building went on flame since fuel was made avalaible. Could you mention any government that has achieved that? What about the abundant farm produce? You will be face to face with the greatest disappointment and shock of your life when GEJ will move past you and your APC.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Redhot111(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
People do different things for different reasons. Obasanjo supported Jonathan because he saw Jonathan as someone he could pocket but he was wrong. Do you think Obasanjo would have written that letter if Jonathan was still saying "Yes Sir" to him? I doubt that very much.
who cares y OBJ wrote d letter? Wat I care abt is "is d content of d letter true or not?"
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by deletrue: 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
BigBen10:

Close that your gutter like mouth. Silly ingreat! For your info., one of the greatest achievements is that all through into new year, not building went on flame since fuel was made avalaible. Could you mention any government that has achieved that? What about the abundant farm produce? You will be face to face with the greatest disappointment and shock of your life when GEJ will move past you and your APC. No point counting Jona's achievements since you are a known nonentity.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by ikwubaba: 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dewze:

for now he (Jonathan) will fight and scatter those cabals into a thousand pieces and in a thousand directions. After the battle and the dust has settled, then he will sit down to write out and present his policies.

What you so refused to see and acknowledge is that as long as those cabals continue to exist, what ever good policy Jonathan brings up will never see the light of day (at least in your eyes). Then, it is thesame people like you that will still come out to scream incompetence.

You pretend as if you do not know the country that you live in.

Good policies will not see the light of day nde? but increassing price of fuel does. Buying bulletproof cars cannot be stopped. Ok the cabals hand twisted him into budgeting 1.4 billion for food. The triumph of militancy is also the work of the cabals not allowing him to curb their activities. Naija with warped sence of reasoning.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by dokunbam(m): 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
Its time to pray
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by McLuhan(m): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
People do different things for different reasons. Obasanjo supported Jonathan because he saw Jonathan as someone he could pocket but he was wrong. Do you think Obasanjo would have written that letter if Jonathan was still saying "Yes Sir" to him? I doubt that very much.
We need to ask ourselves certain tough questions: Is Obasanjo as fiendishly self-centred and as incorrigibly evil as his daughter Iyabo has alleged he is? If yes, is it therefore in Nigeria's interest for President Jonathan to do Obasanjo's bidding? What is the moral difference between a supposedly corrupt Jonathan government and an Obasanjo regime that failed to account for the murder of Bola Ige, Marshall Harry, Alfred Sekibo, and the countless innocents who perished in Odi and Zaki Biam? If, as we all assume, Jonathan's government is corrupt, what shall we say of a president who openly boasted that elections were a do-or-die affair, who appointed himself to the office of petroleum minister, and who granted arbitrary import waivers to various acolytes of his? Take note: I have no sympathy for Jonathan, whom I believe could - indeed should - have done more than he has done to improve the lives of Nigerians. But I also believe that Obasanjo is not and cannot be Nigeria's messiah. His recent open letter to the president smacks of brazen hypocrisy and is obviously motivated by selfish interest. That a man who sleeps with his daughter-in-law should suddenly become the conscience of Nigeria is surely the depth of moral turpitude. Let us think of ways of improving our democracy instead of listening to the jaded and discredited voices of moneyed oligarchs who pretend they are protecting our interest while protecting their nests. One way of improving our polity is to resolve here and now that we shall no longer play the sycophant nor sell our votes to any politician.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Donovan: 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
One still wonders how this rubbish made front page. Some folks are trying to run down nairaland.

Seun please do something!!!GEJ e-warriors are out 2 run down nairaland
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Polio: 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Catalyst of destruction you mean.... OP you are mad!
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by GentleFrank(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Good !
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Polio: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Obiagelli: gullible piece of crap, i opened this Page to read policies but end up with bull poo. Op you are a sycophant.

Not just a sycophant, but someone out of ideas and not in touch with reality.

What a waste of time and a collection of worded crap!
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by whitecat007: 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Seun, you should investigate if this biased moderator Afam has been bribed to use your website to work for gej and his camp for the election. A moderator should not be partial. Just because you want to please ibos, your hair is burnt and limbs are on fire. What has hiring ibo mod done for this site? It has not reduce their hate on your tribe, if anything they think you were intimidated by them.

Replace Afam with another moderator from any other tribe other than ibo or ijaw. Pick someone from Edo, North or a real Deltan(not the lousy squatters here) to replace Afam, or else you get what is coming to you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Saintp(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Our major problem in this country is the followers. Maybe because many of us were born into a junk nation, thats why we accept mediocrity from our leaders.

How can a Nigerian in his/her right senses say that any of our politician is performing? Lets be frank to ourselves. None of our leaders both from Federal,states,LG's etc are qualified to be councillors/mayor in a developed nation. What you guys dont realise is that both PDP,APC,ACN,APGA,CPC etc are all thiefs and dont have your interest at heart.
The question is wot has/did GEJ,Fashola,Tinunbu,Obj etc done with all the billions they controlled? if they are performing/performed, why is Nigeria still like this?

Too bad that people like Orji and Co have made Fashola and some governors to look like star performers cos our bench mark have become too low that a Governor who Tars a 2km road at inflated cost is hailed as performing. If citizens abroad still keep thier govt on thier toes despite having quality lifes made possible by thier govt, how come some Nigerians are hailing GEJ,fashola etc even campaigning and fighting e-wars among themselves despite non performance? Are we actually benchmarking with the best or mediocres?

Both the presidency and all the State Governors need to bury thier head in shame for the state of this nation.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by kennosklint(m): 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
Jonathan shuld av been a gud president,if nt of d problem those so called past presidents ar posing on him..why nt dis guys support him so he take nigeria to d next level...jonathan for 2015..we ar tired of hausa..
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva: The title of this thread will come as a rude shock to a lot of people considering the fact that i'm neither a sycophant nor a paid agent of Jonathan and what i'm about to say here is not necessarily related to developmental strides of Jonathan which is not obvious to a lot of us.

I won't join the bandwagon of those folks who keep telling us how Jonathan has changed Nigeria in his short stay as president. Jonathan is not a saint and has not lived up to the expectations of majority of Nigerians but neither did our past leaders including Obasanjo. But if there's one reason why i will want Jonathan to continue as our president, it's due to the fact that him being a president presents us with a new political dimension from what we've had for decades now.

Ordinarily, someone of Jonathan's caliber would not have mounted the exalted seat of the presidency if not for the fate that befell his former boss, Yaradua. When Yaradua was presented to Nigerians, those that chose him wanted a vice president for him and they wanted someone that would be seen but not heard. They needed someone who would do their bidding without asking questions. They had the opportunity of presenting the likes of Donal Duke, Peter Odilli who were more more popular as far as that region was concerned but instead they went for a Jonathan who was the governor of a Bayelsa state and who didn't exactly have the political clout as he got to that seat due to what befell his oga at that time.

So, we were presented with Jonathan and many of us top he would remain a figure head under Yaradua but as fate could have it, Yaradua died and Jonathan had to fill that void. I'm not sure this is what the political heavyweights or the cabals who put him there were expecting. They had a game plan and Jonathan becoming Nigeria's president couldn't have been part of the plan. The political atmosphere was boiling as at when Yaradua died and those in power were hesitating to give Jonathan the full powers to take up from where Yaradua stopped and that was because Jonathan did not belong to that caucus of political leaders who had held the nation to ransom and they knew Jonathan could squash their plans.

When they eventually gave Jonathan the power to become a substantive president, a lot of people were expecting him to cause a political revolution and this was what necessitated the protests by civil society groups for him to be made the substantive president. Some months after Jonathan was made the president, a lot of people were disappointed cos it seemed Jonathan was going the way of his predecessors and a lot of people called him a weak and ball-less president cos he was very slow at making decisions and they felt he was receiving order from God knows where. Over the years, i have watched Jonathan grow in confidence and it can be seen even in his boldness when being interviewed on TV.

Today, Jonathan has become more bold by the day and it seems to be that he has started making decisions independent of those cabals that put him there. I think this is the first step of moving away from the status quo. We have seen the ramblings in the letter that OBJ wrote Jonathan. We have also heard the likes of IBB, Atiku and other elder statesmen calling for the head of Jonathan. We have also seen people who we thought inherited PDP from their father moving over to the opposition party. I think this calls for celebration because when Satan criticizes someone then that person must be doing something right.

Jonathan may not be the best leader we can have. Far from it. But i think he represents a paradigm shift from the status quo that has been molded by the cabals who have held this nation to ransome since 1970.
This is like how he had no shoes, right? "If GEJ can be President, anyone can be President". Now the new tactic is he's not "respecting" his Godfathers so the rest of the country should rally around him. Sure! The same IBB he called his mentor? Or the Danjuma and OBJ he routinely praised?

GEJ is in deep shiyt! He chose to dine with demons at the expense of the future of Nigerians and their welfare, he should take his mind games elsewhere and deal with the repercussions of his actions, no one is buying.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by BigBen10: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
deletrue: Close that your gutter like mouth. Silly ingreat! For your info., one of the greatest achievements is that all through into new year, not building went on flame since fuel was made avalaible. Could you mention any government that has achieved that? What about the abundant farm produce? You will be face to face with the greatest disappointment and shock of your life when GEJ will move past you and your APC.

i made some points you didnt make any. I pity you cry. So no building went up in flames last year smiley you are a serious joker and your sense of reasoning is obviously clouded. Saying anything just to defend your sentiments.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by whitecat007: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam should be removed. He's not an inpartial moderator.

Remove afam now Seun. Like my post if you agree.

beordune: Its obvious you're one of those dogs paid to campaign for Jonathan.
When will you dogs stop using propaganda as a means of luring people to your camp?
Thank God you admit Jonathan dint perform, you went as far as letting us know the obvious: that there's' no meaningful thing we can point to as been the handiwork of this "yeye" administration.
My opinion»
This is the worst President Nigeria has ever had.I can't wait for 2015, I pray the opposition gives us a better candidate.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by BigBen10: 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
Saintp: Our major problem in this country is the followers. Maybe because many of us were born into a junk nation, thats why we accept mediocrity from our leaders.

How can a Nigerian in his/her right senses say that any of our politician is performing? Lets be frank to ourselves. None of our leaders both from Federal,states,LG's etc are qualified to be councillors/mayor in a developed nation. What you guys dont realise is that both PDP,APC,ACN,APGA,CPC etc are all thiefs and dont have your interest at heart.
The question is wot has/did GEJ,Fashola,Tinunbu,Obj etc done with all the billions they controlled? if they are performing/performed, why is Nigeria still like this?

Too bad that people like Orji and Co have made Fashola and some governors to look like star performers cos our bench mark have become too low that a Governor who Tars a 2km road at inflated cost is hailed as performing. If citizens abroad still keep thier govt on thier toes despite having quality lifes made possible by thier govt, how come some Nigerians are hailing GEJ,fashola etc even campaigning and fighting e-wars among themselves despite non performance? Are we actually benchmarking with the best or mediocres?

Both the presidency and all the State Governors need to bury thier head in shame for the state of this nation.

if everybody is a thief oya provide the saint. At least we must have good leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families / Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic / Makinde Araoye: Fayemi’s Aide Appoints ‘62 Personal Assistants’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.