Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52227 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2013
Pastor Aji: Mary Mary Mary............... that's the core reason why I left the Catholic Church grin
Goodbyewink
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2013
eagle,eye:

You all are quick to pull out the Old Testament Texts whenever it suits your fancy. But you will discard it at other times, when it doesn't.
Smh. Read Mathew 11:11.
Where in Mat 11 did God created Angels in his image?

Heb 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

Jesus had to surrender his will, might and attributes just to save mankind.

Does that mean Angels are above Jesus too? No!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2013
Where in your Bible were u told to honour mary. Jesus said '' i am d way, the truth n life. Nobody cometh to the father xcept by me(jesus).'' WHO told you to honour mary? Stop worshipping idols, stop deceiving yourselves and other people and most important stop wasting your time.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: darling theres nothing great abt the verse John 19:26-27 its like telling someone to take care or ur kids cos ur closer to them than ur other families,remeber that verse ended with '' From that time on,this disciple took her into his home'' pls not it was just 1 diciple not all. Mary is just like Hannah,the only significant role she played was the Birth of Christ,Esther played a more greater role in the bible.Even Christ first miracle was her mistake cos read this S-L-O-W-L-Y John 2:4''Dear Woman,why do you involve me?'' Jesus Replied. ''My time has not yet Come''
It's now that I know I wasn't talking to a man with complete sense, but an .....
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: @Sal c read Hebrew 1:1-14
I've read it times without number dear.

Hebrews chapter one is about Jesus while 2 is about Chistians

read again bro; infact study it this time.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Princewell2012(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: honestly all humans are greater than all angels,reason is we are created in Gods image
and in which image were the angels created?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Tracysophia(f): 11:06am On Dec 17, 2013
Y is it dat catholic bow down at a image of mary.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2013
megasoul: Exodus 20

4“You shall not make for yourself an
image in the form of anything
in heaven above or on the earth
beneath or in the waters below.
5 You shall not bow down to
them or worship them; for I, the
LORD your God, am a jealous
God, punishing the children for
the sin of the parents to the
third and fourth generation of
those who hate me, 6 but
showing love to a thousand
generations of those who love
me and keep my
commandments.

Am I missing something here? is this (2nd commandment) still valid?
But it's in d same bible when they wanted to stone an adultery woman to Death, but Jesus said, "You without sin should cast d first stone."
Why did Jesus heal d sick on sabbat day.
In d old testament, there were lots of condeming, but d new testaments preaches love. 100% sure.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 11:10am On Dec 17, 2013
Francis Diote: Where in your Bible were u told to honour mary. Jesus said '' i am d way, the truth n life. Nobody cometh to the father xcept by me(jesus).'' WHO told you to honour mary? Stop worshipping idols, stop deceiving yourselves and other people and most important stop wasting your time.
So honouring your mother will make Jesus stop being the way, the truth and life right?

Fine analogy you have!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4: 11:15am On Dec 17, 2013
Princewell2012: and in which image were the angels created?
only Man was created in his image.

angels are spirit beings (Hebrews
1:14)... with no true physical
body........
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2013
Chyk G: If d reason u catholic worship Mary is because an angel called him blessed then u should also worship Abraham because God himself(not an angel) called Abraham blessed. Gen 12:2
Genesis 12:2-3
I will make you a great nation;
2 I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you,
3 And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

NB
Please stop misquoting the Bible.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2013
Tracysophia: Y is it dat catholic bow down at a image of mary.
I am a catholic and I don't bow down at the image of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I don't judge those who do, anyway.
Okay.
Why do the Yorubas genufulet for their elders (female) and the male prostrate for their elders.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Acidosis(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2013
eagle,eye:

I am a catholic and I don't bow down at the image of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I don't judge those who do, anyway.
Okay.
Why do the Yorubas genufulet for their elders (female) and the male prostrate for their elders.
They are "worchipping" themgrin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2013
ramalot:

HAHAHA. Y'all so busy arguing about Mary, you don't even notice your Jesus christ is now a WORM. cheesy
Thou shall not misuse thy name of thy LORD.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by virtuousMe(f): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2013
Question: was there ever a time Jesus called mary mother? I thought that there was a time mary went looking for Jesus and He told her not to look for Him, that she should know that He will be going about doing His Father's business. Was that carpentary He was referring to? Was there a prophet in the bible that felt he alone was righteous enough to be used by God and God told Him that He has reserved for Himself over 3000 men that can do same thing He is using him to do? Mary was just a vessel, there were other holy virgins that God could have used. Moses was also a vessel, God used hannah and esther, Jephtha and many others. That was their destinies. Don't catholics have destinies too? Do not make for yourself any image of anything in heaven, do not bow or worship it.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2013
ramalot:

HAHAHA. Y'all so busy arguing about Mary, you don't even notice your Jesus christ is now a WORM. cheesy
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 11:44am On Dec 17, 2013
ramalot:

Thou shall not misuse thy name of thy LORD.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by shady26(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2013
JENMAUCY: Dear fijiano,I dnt think there is need calling names here,you can believe or leave it because you are entitle to your own opinion...but the truth still remains that virgin mary is blessed,as the op said,go to luke 1:27_28,here the angel told her that she is favoured and blessed among women,remember its a message from God,and I know that the angel deliver the message the way the sender ask him to. Let's go futher to verse 40-42,elizabeth stil cal her blessed,because of what she felt immediately she step into her home,it doesn't mean that the angel or elizabeth is worshiping her rather they apreciate what she accepted to do...or did you forget that heaven and earth await her answer after the angel have delivered the message? Yes heaven waits to hear her answer and in verse 38 she said behold am the handmaid of the Lord be it done to me according to thy word...do you know what it means? Even the angel can't leave without hearing her opinion on the message..then in verse 43 ,elizabeth asked her who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? My dear friends the angel $ elizabeth greeting makes up the hail mary you people hear today...hail mary full of grace the Lord is with you(angel..luk 1:28 )...blessed aree you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (elizabeth luk 1:42 ) then the catholic church taking a look @ what happened at canna in that wedding feast,the role mary played in that miracle that takes place there decides to ask for her intercession not praying to hher! If she can intercede when she is not asked ,what did you think will hapen when she is asked to? She talked to her son and he oblige her on earth even when he is not ready to perform..or do you think Jesus is not aware that the drink has finished? That is where holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and till the hour of our death....
Ever wondered why Jesus never called Mary "Mother" in the bible but rather referred to her as "woman"? But on many occasions he talked freely about God being his father and that he came from above? Have you pondered on what Jesus was saying or meant when he said "before Abraham I am"? I have nothing against Catholics but its just too obvious that the are religious without the full understanding of the doctrine of Christ, his gospel of salvation or the knowledge of who he truly is. I will give you an idea of whom Jesus Christ is . john.1:1" in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God, the same was in the begining with God and by him were all things made and without him was not anything made that was made(including Mary)." Now when you read down to verse 11-12, you get to where it tells you that " and the word was made flesh and dqelt amongst us and we beheld his glory full of grace and Truth" john the Baptist said he was sent to bear witness, witness of what? The deity of Christ. Jesus Christ is God himself in the flesh , he took the form of man in other to take our place, the place of Adam and become a sacrifice for our sins and by his ressurrectiom to gibe us eternal life. Christianity is not a religion, God is not just calling Us back to himself empty handed but he is calling us out of misery pain and death to come into life and all the promises and blessing s Jesus Christ paid for us to have. Its a feast of life people, a bouquet of blessings, honor , health, wealth and lifting up. Its an exciting life full of joy, peace and glory. I welcome you to give your life to Christ today for as the bible says if you shall confess with your mouth the lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead you shall be saved for with the heart man beleiveth unto righteoo and with the mouth confession. Is made unto salvation. You must be born again!
Say this prayer to God with All your heart " oh lord God , I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ, as your word has said , that whosoever calls on the name of the lord shall be saved .I ask you lord Jesus to come into my heart and by faith in you today I receive eternal life into my spirit. Amen
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2013
Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God pray for all sinners now and the hour of our death
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by olusogo: 11:54am On Dec 17, 2013
@fijiano202; ...in whose image are angels created? Satan image? Note and you need to understand that every creature assumes the image given to it by it's creator. So every thing is created in God's image, the Fashioner. Bible says Adam was created in God's image does not mean Adam looks like God. Adam's nature is different from God's. God is God. He does not have form. He is what He only knows Himself to be. Nobody can prove God is organic in nature, of course, which Adam was.
By the side, go and ask Hippopotamus in whose image it is created. It will tell you in God's image and who are you to deny that because you have very limited knowledge about their worlds. Do not deceive yourself by saying Bible says you are superior to other creatures. Those creatures will also tell you God so created them and Has made them superior to other creatures including man. The day you find yourself in the middle of ocean one-on-one with Shark you will understand better who is superior.

"I mean you are not in the class of Angel".
fijiano202: honestly all humans are greater than all angels,reason is we are created in Gods image
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2013
crox4gunners: Father forgive all dat posted comment on this wall, they know not wat they say and cleanse dem from all unrighteousness and use of tongue, amen
amen o me too
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by shady26(m): 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: how old are you,are you sure u are educated,pls try to read john 3:16,are u telling me God sent himself?
yes God did send himself.....Just the same way he was resting on the 7the day and yet his voice was walking in the garden of Eden having fellowship with Adam. Or else intepretw John. 1:1 and john.1:11-12
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by shady26(m): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: how old are you,are you sure u are educated,pls try to read john 3:16,are u telling me God sent himself?
yes God did send himself.....Just the same way he was resting on the 7the day and yet his voice was walking in the garden of Eden having fellowship with Adam. Or else intepretw John. 1:1 and john.1:11-12 ......the being of God your maker is beyond your human brain and reasoning
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by vislabraye(m): 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given

Agreed with everything U said except calling the Op a fool.
Mary did not remain a virgin after giving birth to Jesus. She mothered other children. As far as Jesus is concerned, it is those who hear his Word and does it that is his mother or brethren!! QED
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
Was mary still a virgin after christ birth? Is d hymen nt broken during christ birth?
Why are d catholic still calling her a virgin?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
pls, wat re d names of dis other children mary had?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ukutsgp(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Here is the truth.
https://www.nairaland.com/1546586/open-truth-mary-sinned-also

mary wasn't a virgin after christ birth and she had sex with Joseph and gave birth to other children. The catholic are all bunch of liars.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Asabeq(f): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary!!

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by vascey(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot:
That's absolutely incorrect.
If GOD says, 'You are blessed.' that means you are blessed forever.
Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but the WORD OF GOD shall stands forever.

This thread should have closed when you said this.
God bless you a million million times over.
100000000000+ likes
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
try69:

Why do you people always look for a portion of bible, twist it, and expect catholics to accept them.. All you know is bashing catholics, and simple bible you no know

Matthew 11:11
New Living Translation (NLT)

11 “I tell you the truth, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John the Baptist. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he is!

also mind your tongue

2Pet 2:10-12
.... These false teachers are bold and arrogant, and show no respect for the glorious beings above; instead, they insult them.
Even the angels, who are so much stronger and mightier than these false teachers, do not accuse them with insults in the presence of the Lord.
But these men act by instinct, like wild animals born to be captured and killed; they attack with insults anything they do not understand. They will be destroyed like wild animals.

kpomkwem
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
Titiluvly: To the catholics:::Is this how you honour Mary by insulting others who doesn't want to agree with you??

To non-catholics:::Is this how you worship Jesus by insulting those who honour Mary + Worship Jesus??

I think there is no need for all these argument and trying to prove your doctrines right,Let's continue with what we believe in,,,Save your arguments till the last Day..

Bless You

on point my dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Dunamis Speaks On Burning Of Traders’ Goods Along Abuja Airport Road / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.